PDA

View Full Version : Trust In your Fear (IC Thread)

Brom
2011-08-06, 12:11 PM
A call has been made now in Hive Biogal. The past weeks have seen the citizens scrambling about with rumors of dark, hooded figures, men and women of varying description all going about with the same seal, a look of worry and anxiety even on the faces of veteran Arbite enforcers. Something is stirring, but nothing recent stains the memory of the citizenry.

The stain, if not in their memory, is elsewhere, and the Inquisitio is here to find it.

A call has been made, and it calls for the agents of the Inquisition, the Acolytes of Lord Areden. You are the ones to whom this call goes; you have justly assembled in an Inquisition safehouse. A small briefing has been given to you, little more than location and cause for assemblage, with a notification that a handler will be along to contact you shortly.

The warehouse isn't much: a small building tucked into the corner of a hab block in one of the least populated parts of the Hive. The whole area for several blocks was declared unsafe due to radiation and subsequent threat of mutation three months ago as an effort by the Inquisition to keep prying eyes away from one of their secret holds.

The space is roughly 100m*60m, with a ceiling some 5m high. Boxes and crates lie about around, to form the convincing illusion should anyone come while you're out. Your data slate was given the location of ten different concealed floor and wall panels, each the size of a locker. One of these lockers was already filled: a dozen surveillance cameras, a few picters, 5, 000 thrones in funds for your mission, three false ID's for former residents of the Hive who look something like Lupa Solaria, Jarr, and Liesl, a screamer, and a few complex pad locks to secure the building with.

The building is windowless, divided evenly into ten small rooms. Overall, it's a damp squat in the middle of nowhere; perfect for a long running operational HQ.

At this point, you're all gathered in the frontmost space of the warehouse, awaiting your handler. Chairs have been located; for now, you're free to plan, speculate, and introduce each other as you will.

OOC: Please post a brief description of yourself at this point.

DrK
2011-08-06, 04:28 PM
Lupa

Lupa walks in, data slate in hand reading through some of the briefing notes and casually eyeing the room around her making sure the ambience is right for a disused warehouse.

She is a lean and wiry, with a muscular above average frame. Tanned skin on her face and hands gives some clues to a youth exposed to harsh conditions, as does the chemical burns on her left cheek. Straight, shoulder length white hair and flinty hard grey eyes gives a grim face with a thin unsmiling stern mouth.
She's dressed in a tight fitting black armoured body glove with her dog tags hanginf from her neck on a chain. Hanging form her belt you can see a long and well used shock maul, a lovingly maintained bolt pistol and slung in a long holster down her left thigh is a polished combat shotgun of clearly arbite design.

She nods formally to the others gathered in the room. "Emperor's blessings on you. Do any of you have more information as to the nature of the mission that we have been summoned for?

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-06, 04:39 PM
Atellus stands at 1.75m, and 65kg. He is 26, and has a fresh, and friendly looking face. His long black hair that just about hangs to his shoulders, and frames his light skinned face nicely. Under his hair his eyes are a bright yellow ever since he decided to change them from a bright blue during his time as a hive youth. He has a sanctioning brand on the back of his left hand.

He is wearing a bone white blur suit, that is covered by a dark brown flak great coat that drags along the floor, two dark brown heavy workers gloves, a purple crystal ring that is worn as a makeshift necklace over his blur suit , and wears a pair of heavy steel plated boots.

Atellus stretches, followed by a loud obnoxious groan. The ride here was a bit uncomfortable for him. He pushes a lock of hair out of his eyes, a light smirk appears on his face as he surveys his surroundings. He takes the time to leave the group, and inspects the lockers, his heavy boots making echoed thuds along the warehouse floor.

His grin grows a bit, as he places 125 thrones inside of his coat "This'll probably be enough.." he mutters to himself. He then opens one of the empty lockers, and stores his quilted vest, and staff in the locker. After that's taken care of he makes sure his sword, and its scabbard is strapped securely to his back, and goes through his small backpack and pulls out a silencer, fire selector, telescopic sight, and a bandoleer. He hums a low tune as he quickly attaches them to his gun, and loads 2 clips of ammo, and a clip of man stoppers into the gun. Lastly he feels around his coat to make sure his compact laspistol is securely hidden, and stores the remainder of his ammunition in his coats many, many pockets.

Satisfied he drops his backpack on the floor next to him, and sits on a chair. After getting comfortable he flashes a toothy smile, and says "So what do you think guys? Home sweet home?". He looks at the questioning arbiter, and says in a friendly tone. "I dunno, some guys supposed to come in here, and attend to us I think."

dabone
2011-08-06, 08:24 PM
A tall, feral, dark looking fellow walks in, he looks at everyone in the room, stopping at each of them for a brief moment. When he looks content he steps away from the door, revealing a smaller, young women standing in the door opening.

So this is what we got... and I thought those ship cabbins were rabish.

As Jarr stuffs a bunch of items inside his locker he notices the fake ID's

Hehehe, look Liesl, they took a picture from your good side.

the man has a very nast looking hammer wrapped on his back and walks around carying a old heavy stubber. His armor doesn't fit his feral look, the alien technology of the xeno mesh covering his body. The only difference between him and a normal soldier is the look in his eyes, he has the eyes of someone who allready experienced too much.

I am Jarr, I hope you don't mind I take a room next to Liesl. Anyway nice too meet you all, you will find out I can be a good friend and fearsome enemy, the decision what side you are on is your own

It's hard to say if Jarr is making a bad joke or if he is serieus.
He really doesn't look like a bad fellow and the way he has contact with Liesl suggest somewhere in that cold body is a heart of gold.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-06, 09:28 PM
Atellus examines the 2 new arrivals for a while, "the small one looks pretty harmless. I wonder what her role is" he thinks, and his eyes widen at the heavy stubber the large, mangy looking one is carrying. "Now that's inconspicuous" he laughs.
He gets up from his chair, dusts himself off, and walks over to the strange pair, with his hands in pockets. "Hey there. The names Atellus Metalus, nice to meet ya.", and extends a single gloved hand towards them.

rb780nm
2011-08-06, 10:09 PM
A "man", clad in the crimson of the Adeptus Mechanicus enters the room. He stands tall, but with his head bowed and his hands clasped in front of him. An optical mechadenrite emerges from an opening in his robes behind his right shoulder and scans the room. You can hear the clicking and whirring of internal systems as the tech priest records your likenesses and opens new files in his data stores.

"My name is Tellus, Iosef Tellus" he blasts from his speaking grille. As he moves towards the table, you can see the motion of something like a long tail under the trailing robes. As he goes to sit, his robes shift, revealing a long multijointed mechadendrite that seems to be emerging from near the small of his back extending behind him.

DrK
2011-08-07, 01:16 AM
Lupa

Lupa's eyes widen slightly at the tail of the Tech Priest before, like Atellus, she stands up rigidly and gives a short bow to the 3 newcomers. "Lupa Solari, formerly Investigator Solari. Apparelntly we will be working together for Lord Areden"

dabone
2011-08-07, 04:55 AM
Jarr shakes the hand of Atellus a little bit too enthiousastic, with a big grin on his face he responds :

You seem like a nice guy! I can see you like my weapon, now you are a friend of Jarr!

as the tech priest walks in you clearly see that Jarr isn't totaly comfortable with someone whose body mostly consist of things he doesn't understand.

As the girl finishes her sentence Jarr says : You must be the leader of this group right? Glad to meet you, no worry, Liesl and I will show capable enough to help you!

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-07, 06:26 AM
After a rather forceful shaking Atellus moves his hand back, and massages it with the other. "I'm sure. Say you know anything about this mission we're on? "Jenny Law", and I can't seem to make heads or tails about it." He says as he gestures towards the white haired Arbiter.

rb780nm
2011-08-07, 07:11 AM
"I am afraid that I have not been given any more information than the rest of you (haha)," says Iosef, with a nervous laugh.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-07, 12:14 PM
The final member of the group is a mid-sized, skinny woman, with mousy brown hair, dressed in fine robes, and wearing a thin sword at her belt. Since arriving in the room with Jarr, she has been engrossed in her false ID card, inspecting the details before flicking it with a finger. It passes whatever test she was setting, so she sits up sharply, smirking slightly at Jarr's jokes.

"These are pretty good" Liesl says, half to herself, tapping it with a finger. She shrugs at the rest of the group, then holds out her hand to Iosef, Lupa, and Atellus. "Liesl Var-Celephon. Is this all of us?"

DrK
2011-08-07, 01:54 PM
Lupa

Lupa glances down at the fake ID in her hip pocket. Then she gives a hard stare at Atellus, bristling slightly at the Jenny Law comment. "I know no more than you I'm afraid. I was merely instructed to come here and await further orders."

dabone
2011-08-07, 02:15 PM
I must say, we don't look like a ordinary group.. maybe this is something that precisely needs something like that.

Jarr makes himself comfortable on one of the chairs, setting the stubber against the wall and laying the massive hammer besides him on a crate, in armreach, just in case.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-07, 03:48 PM
Atellus grins slightly, and turn his eye's away from Lupa's glare, then proceeds to examine his team mates ID's. "Hey, hey! How come you guys get ID's, and Tellus, and I don't? What gives?" He says jealously.

rb780nm
2011-08-07, 04:32 PM
"Most likely, because we are not from here. Thus we do not have old identities that need to be left behind."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-07, 04:38 PM
"Oh.. Heheh.. Right I knew that.." He says witha nervous laugh.

dabone
2011-08-07, 05:06 PM
Or maybe we are the entry team, while Tellus monitors us and you wait in getaway car. I hope you can drive fast, I like fast!

rb780nm
2011-08-07, 05:36 PM
"Yes, well (haha), I am not the most inconspicuous of infiltrators. Unless we are infiltrating a forge."

dabone
2011-08-07, 06:41 PM
Exactly, , thats why you and Atellus should support us from the rear, you use your technology thing and help us from inside the car while Atellus keeps on the lookout, yes mighty important job for Atellus.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-07, 07:03 PM
"Ah so I'm the watch hound now? My mum always told me the Emperor had a plan for me." Atellus snarkily comments, as he moves to sit down.

Brom
2011-08-09, 11:11 AM
It's not long after you all settle in and acquaint with one another that a man walks in. He wears a black trench coat with lenses shading out his eyes, a wide brimmed hat that covers his head wholly, and general combat boots. He carries in one hand a data slate.

"You can call me Handle. I am to be your handler. This dataslate" he pauses now, indicating it "contains a list of targets and possible leads. You are being kept uninformed of my name or how to reach me, as well as of the majority of the locations we are established in, due to the likely threat of capture at the hands of heretical agents. Alyssa and her Acolytes had some tendencies; Alyssa valued insightful individuals above all, and tested her Acolytes with a wargame of sorts that consisted of escaping a killing ground while observing a hundred items of significant. Acolytes who could not meet at least eighty were removed from her cadre. Her agents tend to be few in number, highly trained, grossly well funded, fond of connections or outside help, and terribly cautious. As such, leads on them are understandably few."

He lays the dataslate, rather large, down on a crate where you can all see it. The screen flickers as the machine gives a soft hum of activation; a list of individuals appears, eleven in total, grouped via shaded portraits into one group of five, one group of three, and three independent ones.

"The group of five you see would be her Psyker staff. Each was drawn from the Savant-Militant across various worlds, armies, and sectors. This is Alyssa's torch and burn arm, and those she frequently calls upon to engage the enemy with violent and excessive force. They are proficient, to a last, with mundane ranged and melee weaponry, as well as weapons powerful enough to not be called mundane, such as force and melta weapons. Their names are Magnus, Cyprus, Arsul, Vinnian, and Nathien, a Biomancer, Diviner, Pyromancer, Telekine, and Telepath respectively. We know that the Telepath and Pyromancer both have a suit of power armor. These are some of her most experienced operatives; if you sight any of them, your instructions are to observe, track, trace, and obtain assistance from the Adeptus Arbites or to call for reinforcements via the method I will give you shortly, but under no means to you engage directly unsupported, and you must be cautious of your approach."

He pauses for a moment, letting that soak in, then continues. "The group of three you saw is something of a commando team for more discrete operations; a former death cultist, a former member of the Adeptus Arbites Mortiurge teams, and a Guardsman drawn from a penal legion. They will always be armed with at least handguns, though more likely than not you will not see them unless they are deployed for a combat action for the heretic's objectives. Their names, respectively, are Shadow, Elendre, and Narkias."

He sighs. "The last four are a more varied lot, each independent operators who call on the first two groups for combative support and remain in communication and coordination with them. They are the masterminds behind the atrocities of the heretic herself. The first one you see is named Aniasa; she is a trained saboteur who has acquired ties to the Templars Psykologis and the Officio Sabotorum, and possibly the Venenum and Vanus Temples of the Officio Assassinorium. She will most often work alone, so if you see her and feel you have a clear chance to act against her, take it. We have high hopes for her; she is the most active of the lot, most likely to be traveling in public, albeit disguised, and most likely to know the locations and objectives of all the others."

"The next you see is one Goral Haban, a former gang leader for a prominent gang on this hive world. We have high hopes for him, too. All of the heretics contacts are likely to be in contact with him, or have been in contact with him at a relatively recent date. He is likely to be near other agents of the heretic, but not the heretics acolytes. Capturing him, along with Aniasa, is considered one of the first steps to bringing them to justice. We don't know much about him; we are aware that he is a persuasive and street savvy individual, however, and we worry that queries with the Adeptus Arbites may be heard for him. Now is a good time to introduce you to the concept of a query trap; this is exactly the kind of man who would set down false trails so that he'd know when others were coming after him. Be wary of who you place word in."

"Yosa Mir; former Adeptus Arbite undercover agent. We think her presence on this world is unlikely; she was Alyssa's Interrogator and most often used to track down others, as opposed to the roles all other play. Nonetheless, if you encounter her, be wary. She will be armed with a plasma pistol and/or needle pistol, plus many Eldar defensive technologies, a holo field being one of them. If you find her, however...devote resources and time to capturing her."

"The last of the eleven agents is a Mind Cleansed Null that Alyssa took personal interest in training and grooming. They simply call him Blank. He is Alyssa's bodyguard; if you see him, the heretic herself is close at hand"

He pauses and looks at Atellus. "I shouldn't need to tell you not to rely on psychics if you confront him. I SHOULD tell you that he is known to be somewhat sadistic about his mutation and takes great joy in ripping apart Psykers, and I do mean ripping apart."

He taps this picture amongst others, and you get a good look at him. Black cloak, black clothes and boots, but it's clear under all this that he has a frame closer to an arco-flagellant, ogryn, or Ork than a human at nearly seven feet tall, and a couple hundred pounds of muscle.

"I encourage you all to review this slate further and to plan. I'll admit that this is the start of the trail. Hive Biogal was a known operational point *years* ago, it's unlikely that they are still here, any of them, but as we close in, expect to see them. For now, you're really trying to track down their contacts. I am recommending an investigation into the Adeptus Arbites, the local Mechanicus, and all gangs here, due to the nature of the independent operators amongst her cadre. Questions?"

He leaves the slate where it is so that you may use it, indicating for one of you to take it and pass it along.

rb780nm
2011-08-09, 12:08 PM
"hmm...," the tech-priest rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Do you have any records of the heretics' interactions or infiltrations of the Mechanicus in the past? That might give me some hints about where I could start looking."

"We should probably spread out and look amongst the members of our personal domains for clues or hints about the whereabouts of the Heretics, unless Handel has any specific leads for us to follow."

Brom
2011-08-09, 12:40 PM
Handle pauses thoughtfully, considering Iosef's remarks, then nods, addressing them. "You're likely to find signs of Aniasa's interference amongst the Mechanicus. The Mechanicus is a hard place for any non-member to move around, but Aniasa knows all the right litanies, buzz words, behaviors, observations, and rites to pass for a member. Combined with how well funded she is and how well trained in disguise, it's plausible that she's managed to move amongst them relatively unnoticed. Alternatively, they may have welcomed her with open arms; like with any Hive, the work here is routine maintenance, and skilled, upper ranking members of the Mechanicus are few, as high ranking Mechanicus members never want to do the thankless, if totally necessary, routine maintenance a Hive like Biogal calls for. Junior members would have been pliable to her charms and ploys, and so you should ask about any mundane humans who have been working amongst them. Aniasa has much of the skill of any Tech Priest when it comes to working with machines, circuits, and metal, at least to a purely practical extent, and may have been permitted to work with machines amongst them. In that instance, you need to look out for espionage, surveillance, and sabotage. If they did welcome her, no doubt she remained disguised, but accounts of where she was and what she did will be nonetheless invaluable to your search. I am not wholly aware of the skills of your Psyker, but if he has skills in Psychometry or mind reading, both could be valuable in assessing the site and Mechanicus personnel. Security footage will be deceptive when investigating any place she's actually been, so if you want to find her, a way to confirm you're on the right track is to search for tampering of security footage. It will be proof someone is hiding something, and that's a lead. To more precisely address your initial question, yes, we have records of her infiltrating Mechanicus cults, either disguising herself as a member and applying faux mechadendrites or getting accepted as a non-mechanicus human permitted to move amongst them; that, or working unnoticed and undetected at a Mechanicus site. She knows from her interrogations and torture of Mechanicus personnel exactly how they expect places to be, and thus exactly how to disguise her deeds."

DrK
2011-08-09, 02:37 PM
Lupa

Lupa brushes a few errant strands of china white hair out of her eyes as she listens to the briefing. "Master Handle. If they have power armour and high grade military weapons may we request equipment back-up should we find these people?".

Listening futhre she scans the list of possible targets connected to the rogue Inquisitor, grey eyes hardening at the Arbite that had betrayed her sacred oaths.
Will we be able to quietly access the Arbite secure records of Hive Bogal so that we can find some of this Gang leader Goral Haban's associates as that may give us a suitable starting point? Particularly if our sanctioned psyker can rip the information from their mind before we grant them the Emperor's mercy. The harsh words are said without any emotion. Enemies of the Imperium deserve no less.

rb780nm
2011-08-09, 03:01 PM
"I can have a few conversations with the enginseers around the hive, and I will try to get access to the security footage."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-09, 03:37 PM
Atellus sneers, and becomes deathly serious as he here's about this "Blank" "He likes killing psykers huh? Lets see how much he likes a manstopper in his throat.." he mutters.

Atellus looks at the group "It seems to me that the best course of action would be to track this "Goral Haban" or "Aliana". I can get atleast some direction of their whereabouts if I look into the warp. I think we should search for Goral first, he's obviously a talker, and must have a slew of contacts, and information we can wrest from his skull. Whenever your ready let me know, until then I'll prepare myself.." Atellus then begins to sit on the warehouse floor cross legged, he holds on to his ring necklace, as he begins to focus his powers.

After doing this he looks at the group once more..
"I'll maintain my focus. So whenever you guys have made a decision let me know.."

OOC: I SO have dibs on that holo-field when we kill Yosa Mir. :smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2011-08-09, 04:10 PM
Liesl stroked her chin, then hesitantly reached out to take the dataslate. (OOC: If no-one else wants it...)

The mechanicus sounds like a good place to start, as does the ganger.

Straightening up, she begins. Ok, so, questions. Firstly, any information on Aniasa? Any location's she'll be, any known associates, any common disguises? If she goes disguised, where'd she get her false ID from?

Secondly, do either WE or HER have any contacts amongst the mechanicus to work with?

And thirdly, the downhive ganger-rat. From the tone of her voice there is clearly no love lost here. What sort of operation does he command?

Finally... i'm no expert on blanks. Wouldnt a blank really diminish the usefulness of a group of psykers? Like, nullify her best asset whenever it was near her?

Brom
2011-08-09, 11:16 PM
''Handle'' listens to each of you and considers his words carefully before responding in turn.

OOC: Going to start spoilering these, feeling a bit wall of texty >.>

"Aniasa moves around a *lot*. She's likely been everywhere in Hive Biogal at one point, and given that she has a commanding role over the Psykers and the three man strike force, even the mutant-infested underhive isn't too dangerous for her. She'll have taps and contacts within the Ecclesiarchy, Adeptus Arbites, Administratum, Mechanicus, PDF, Astropaths, local nobility, and crime gangs. She's not like Gobal; if she has contacts, they likely believe her to be someone else. If you're willing to be overt, you could ask to hear about any new associates who individuals amongst these organizations have. Know that tipping her off to your search is...dangerous, to say the least. This is a woman who will dig up your history, steal it from the archives of other Inquisitors or Acolytes if she must, establish psych profiles on all of you, and do an in depth study of your tactics to the absolute best of her ability. Once you're on her radar, falling off it is going to be terribly difficult. The majority of her taps, however, are going to take the form of hired help and technical espionage. The vehicles of the head Bishop of the Ecclesiarchy in the hive, for instance, is very likely to have some kind of tracking device on it or in it. His private office is probably monitored at a distance. All his communique's are probably captured via vox thief. There are people she will actively make sure are followed. This is the mindset of your target. We know that she's fond of the aliases Meta, Valarie and Ophelia, and that she commonly pretends to be whoever is convenient at the time. Look for rumor that someone has disappeared, then re-emerged without explanation. She's highly unlikely to have legitimate associates outside of her fellow Acolytes on planet, much less in the Hive, though it's suspected that she associates with pirates and Rogue Traders. Her false ID's are probably hand made; she easily has the skills and equipment to produce false ID's and could probably illegitimately procure a real ID that said whatever she wanted."

He pauses, considering your other questions. "We have no agents amongst the Mechanicus to offer you. Gobal is known to stick to his old gang habits, milling about on the street keeping an ear low to the ground and making it look like nothing has changed as he quietly brings all gangs and crimes to his fold. His gangers are going to be hardened by the brutal wars they fight, so don't underestimate their low cunning and extreme violence, and remember that not having plasma or bolt weapons doesn't mean their auto and las guns can't kill you. Gobal is extremely good at getting everyone to cooperate with a plan and is known to be a master of ambush, and generally a fairly tactically savvy individual, from his time spent in the Inquisition. He'll have no end of flunkies ready to take the fall for him, so come prepared to slaughter by the dozens to get to him. I recommend lots of grenades."

Again, Handle pauses to consider your questions so as to best inform you. He considers.

"I think that in event of Daemonic possession by any of her Psykers, Alyssa wanted a Null there to defend her. However, the Psykers - and all of her other Acolytes, save the Interrogator and the bodyguard - are often kept out on assignment and rarely have any face to face contact with their Inquisitor. That will be part of the difficulty of tracking them down. It is not as if the 11 of them are ever all in the same place for any reason. Heavy weapons, to answer you Agent Solaria, are certainly procurable. The dataslate I have given you can be used to send messages to another handler who's job is to allocate resources to you. Describe the things that you are up against and feel you need, and it may be assigned to you by Advisor. If you want discrete access to the Arbite records, you'll probably need to break in and steal them. That shouldn't be a problem for you."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-10, 12:36 AM
Liesl leaned forward and rubbed her forehead with her hand. "Ok, thank you."

Still deep in thought, she asked again. "You mentioned Gobal's gang was trying to bring all the other gangs under his wing. Are we to infer that this means he has an enemy with a similar level of power?"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-10, 12:54 AM
Eyes still closed Atellus opens his mouth to speak. "About this gangster.. Usually gang leaders have a reputation am I right? If he as much influence as you say he does, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out where he operates most of the time. Maybe if one or two of us infiltrated the group as a member or potential member we can get close enough to him.." With that Atellus goes silent.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-10, 01:16 AM
Liesl shook her head. "Too obvious. Too slow. Most likely to be a trap. And we might never actually get to meet him."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-10, 01:59 AM
"True.." Atellus says in a low voice.
"Maybe there would be other gangs who knows things but as was mentioned he's trying to take over them as well. Gobold seems like the type of guy who covers all his bases. If there was a enemy gang worth getting info from I believe Gobold has someone on the inside that could tip him off that people were looking for him. On the other hand we don't have any better ideas at the moment, and it doesnt sound like a bad idea. For now I'm going to see if I can uncover some information myself."

Waiting no longer Atellus uses his stored energy, and carefully uses his power to search for any sign of Gobold, and he fails.

Atellus sighs dejectedly, and picks himself up. "I.. Wasn't able to find anything.. Ah well maybe next time!." He says cheerfully. "But yeah, getting info from a rival gang is probably the best idea right now."

"Sigh.. Throne's grace, I'm almost tempted to just start killing gangsters till he comes after me.."

Just in case people don't realize I was using Dowsing, and it was Fettered so no worrying about phenomena"

dabone
2011-08-10, 06:47 AM
Jarr sits quietly on his chair listening to the others as they come up with ideas.
He knows that he is not informed enough about all the things that happen on other worlds to understand it all, but he doesn't mind a bit. Every group has planners and workers, and there is no doubt about which of those two Jarr is.
Not that he doesn't have thoughts about it, on the contrary :

"I never imagined that this would be such a difficult job, but that only means I have to watch her more carefully. If this Alyssa or any of her members think they can get away with this..."

At the last comment of Atellus, Jarr regains his focus on the conversation.
Not noticing that Atellus was making a sarcastic comment :

I like your ideas friend, maybe you are tougher then you look, it would be honour to fight side by side, not much that can't be resolved by a good smack on the head, my mother always told me.

rb780nm
2011-08-10, 08:20 AM
"I think you may have hit the nail on the head, friend. But can I suggest that we go about this in a way that will conserve our ammunition?

If this gang leader is adept at using query traps to find out who is looking for him, how abut we just let him know that we are. We ask around about him, not too obviously, but not too circumspectly. Then he will probably send someone out to deal with us. Then we either capture someone, or evade them and tail them home..."

Brom
2011-08-10, 10:16 AM
Handle again carefully considers each of these points silently, pursing his lips and contemplating the answers.

"I don't know enough of the details to say what Gobal is looking at right at this time, but, if history is any indicator, then he is not making himself a rival of any gang. Rather, he assimilates them quietly. His boys come in, give someone access to a good street doctor, they offer to fence off goods, they sell good guns for cheap or just outright give them away, all while offering membership. The guy believes, despite the crowd he hangs with, that he can get more with a kind action than with violence, and even though it works a little slower as people take time to warm up to him, it does mean there isn't anyone that would say anything bad about him on the streets. That's part of why these query traps are effective; if anyone is asking for tactical data on him that could be used to kill him, it's going to come up as contrary to the norm."

Handle pauses, pulling out a chrono for a moment to check it, then speaks a little faster.

"Given the options you've got and the ideas you've thrown out, I think all of them are possible. If you start killing his gangers and he thinks he can take you, he WILL come for you. As a former agent of the Inquisition, he believes himself and those he handpicks as bodyguards to be a cut above the rabble he takes off the street, so he's not opposed to ending a threat to his organization personally if he believes he can. The hard part would be killing enough people to draw him out without scaring him off; of course an easier way to do this might be to just kill one or two people with great significance to him who aren't well protected. That way, he believes you're worth killing but doesn't believe you could actually endanger him. Note that operations that involve baiting highly trained Inquisition agents with guns and the desire to kill you is never the safest option. It would also be possible, despite there being no ill will between other gangs and his, to engender some of it through propoganda and slander. Gangers are quick to believe someone like that is really trying to take advantage of them, because none of them are used to hand outs. It wouldn't be a hard sell. I don't, however, know the guy enough to tell you what he will or won't do if a gang actually shows opposition. At this late stage, what with us being years late to Hive Biogal, he might just kill any opposing gang wholesale. I think Divinations on him are very valid, and that you should be prepared to try it from many places in Hive Biogal, given the limited area of the powers of divination and how large the Hive is. Letting him know that someone is looking for him, also an option, although I would warn you that not being there for someone to contact you is a textbook warning to a ganger, and that it's likely to send him off the radar to hear someone was looking for him but wasn't there to be contacted.""

Handle pulls out the chrono again, thinking. "This is, of course, all assuming that he's here, that any of them are here, though it is still worth discussing since this is most often the task of Gobal, and he'll be doing it on some other hive or world, even if he's not doing it on this one. We don't know what he eventually does with the gangs he brings under his fold. It's probably all to his, Yosa, Aniasa's, or Alyssa's incalculable scheme. You may be just grabbing whoever he left in charge behind him on his way out - likely someone he groomed substantially for the role and who will know how to listen for query traps himself. As a word of warning, I need to go soon. Areden keeps me busy."

DrK
2011-08-10, 10:26 AM
Lupa

Lupa nods at some points, frowns at others and generally has a slightly quiet demeanour about her. As Handle finishes she pips in with 1 more question "If it results that our targets are off world will we provided transport to the new destination?".

With that out the way she turns to the others, a thoughtful look on her hard, scarred face. "I think its clear that the gangs are clearly the way to begin. Maybe we could take Master Atellus out in a commercial skimmer where perhaps his divinations could cover more ground and lend us some clues?

In the meantime perhaps we should head into the lower hive and kidnap one or two gangers, arms-traders of narco-dealers of little consequence as they should at least provide us a starting point of where to begin?

With that she pats her shotgun on her hip and checks the charge on her shock maul. Master Handle, given the danger and level of expertise these targets possess I hope that we can depend on your support for re-supply when we need it.

Brom
2011-08-10, 11:02 AM
Handle grins as he listens to Lupa. "So the Arbite wants to go after the gangers first? Fancy that. Yes, you can count on us for resupply. Areden is stretched thin, so Advisor, some friends, and I dove into our own pockets to line up a wide variety of items, weapons, and armor for contingencies to hand out to various operational taskforces, of which you are one. Between us, there's about one hundred and sixty thousand thrones worth of, ''What if'' firepower sitting in various caches throughout this world, system, subsector, and sector. There is, of course, a ship provided by a loyal contact. We won't be telling you where or how to get there until you conclusively provide us with the reason you need offplanet travel. Your plan to get at the gangers is a good one, though I do hope you look around for the electronic and surveillance taps Aniasa may be running at some point. If the ganger seems too hard to get at, try for Aniasa. My only regret is that we genuinely can't tell you what the Psykers, strike team, Yosa, Blank, or Alyssa may have been doing here. Believe me when I say we want to know, particularly in the case of Yosa and Alyssa, and the moment one of our investigative or speculation teams comes up with something worthwhile so that you can pursue them, you'll know."

Handle eyes Lupa levelly. "And...I'm not supposed to send you on any wild chases, but Yosa and Alyssa are both former Arbites who went into the Inquisition and became heretically Radical renegades. There is some talk amongst Areden's circles to stop drawing from the ranks of the Arbites. I'm hoping that your disdain for those who dishonor the office of Arbite makes your wild chasing determined enough to find them, and that you'll replenish the honor the Adeptus Arbites hold in the ranks of the Inquisition for this sector."

dabone
2011-08-10, 11:42 AM
"I have a question!"

You see Jarr with hand in the air, almost excited about whatever he is planning to ask.

How big are these gangs that get assimilated? maybe we can pose as new gang and at some time get assimilated for Gobal, then we are one step closer to info, contacts and offcourse Gobal. It looks like Atellus plan, but then we are together and we let them contact us instead of otherway around.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-10, 12:40 PM
Liesl leaned back in her chair slightly and folded her arms, furrwing her brow.

That sounds like a good long-term strategy- but i imagine it's worth trying if we can't work any faster strategem.

The basic idea is sound. What about setting ourselves up as someone he would want to contact? Weapons or technology dealers? Make it clear we're a limited time offer he can't refuse? Throught this musing, Liesl's eyes have glazed over as her mind works.

I strongly advise against deliberately arousing his suspicions. She announces, snapping back to reality. The worst case scenario in that is that he contacts Alyssea and she heads further into hiding. Best case scenario is a fight we mightn't win.

His unconventional methods do suggest a variety of routes other than going in guns blazing, luckily.

Both flying the psyker around and trying to track the bugs we should also, i think, work on.

dabone
2011-08-10, 01:08 PM
Jarr relaxes and seems a lot more interested in the story, seemingly happy that his plan wasn't stupid.

"Yeah Liesl's plan sounds good, it's like hunting, you first have to study your prey, find it's traces and markings, when you know where it went and why, then you can set up your own trap on a place it likely will be next, or better yet, a place you have choosen for him."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-10, 05:21 PM
"Hmm.." Atellus paces around as he mulls over his teammates ideas.

"I really like Jarr's plan of posing as a new gang, because.

One. Gobold sending emissaries to us will make getting information on him oh so much simpler.

Two. We can take advantage of his hospitality, and get free munitions, and supplies.

Three. If we need to kidnap some gangers to pull information from, they'll literally be lining up on our door step.

Four. If we do start murdering gangers. I'm sure Gobold will not take kindly to the thought that one of the gangs he's been hospitable to, has using his own ammo, and weapons against him.

We'll teach him just how fickle, and opportunistic gangsters are."

"Though if we are doing this we'll probably need an additional hideout. Also we need to find out what we're gonna sell or do to get some meaningful attention, and most importantly what we can afford to do or sell. Are we selling weapons? Drugs? Tech? All of the above?

If we do this plan, and it goes well, not only will we catch our target, and get some info. But we can also make quite a bit of money on the side. Yeah.. I'm liking this idea more, and more. "

With that, Atellus clenches his fist with anticipation, and gives a wicked smirk.

DrK
2011-08-11, 02:44 AM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Though if we are doing this we'll probably need an additional hideout. Also we need to find out what we're gonna sell or do to get some meaningful attention, and most importantly what we can afford to do or sell. Are we selling weapons? Drugs? Tech? All of the above?

Lupa looks at the big man, a hard look at her face. Master Atellus, surely we sell whatever the first gang we find and terminate possesses. That will give us a hide-out, credibility with the underhive scum and things to sell and a reason for Gobal to send an envoy to us..

She looks around Meanwhile we should think of some way to get acces to places like the Arbite Divion House and the locak guild masters to see iof we can find any of that despicable assassin's bugs.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-11, 04:01 AM
Atellus lounges in a chair, and waves his hand nonchalantly at Lupa.
"Right, right.. Oi handler! Before you go, can you let us know about whatever gang is the closest to us? A rough location will be fine, but it would be appreciated if you let us know a bit about them. Like the size of their base, how many men, and women they have, stuff like that.

If you don't know anything, then I guess we'll just ask some civies. Also I think we should be moving out soon. We've got tons of info, and Gobold's not getting any younger. Plus my trigger fingers starting to twitch..."

Brom
2011-08-11, 08:40 AM
Handler listens intently to all of this, and then goes about answering in his own calm, steady, calculated fashion.

"Gangs that become assimilated are of various sizes. He'll have tried to assimilate all the large to moderate ones first because they represent the largest threat, so your idea to pose as a small gang is good. Gangs can be just a single family and a few family friends, so at the small end it's often about eight people. There's a small one right now calling themselves the True Skulls that's about fourteen people that mostly does petty theft with autopistols and laspistols. You'll need more than just the five of you to convincingly say you're a gang, however. The plan is otherwise a good one and makes a fair bit of sense. Sell what you can, I don't know enough about whats in demand on the street these days. If any of you have Medicae skills, offering yourself as a discrete and skillful street doctor is always a smooth way of handling these things. Whatever you do, don't say you're gunrunners, none of you look rangy and desperate enough and Arbites do it all the time. Expect that as you're permitted to get closer and closer to his primary operation and him, you'll fall under more scrutiny; he'll send people into your house to see if they find anything odd, have people follow you for a few days, give you lots of assignments to keep you busy and far away to see if you insubordinate to get close again, search your persons for anything out of place, ask you to kill agents of the Imperium, see if you know everything that someone who lives on the streets down here does...all the classic things that an Arbite undercover would be exposed by. You need to understand that midlevel Arbite undercover agents spend a couple years preparing for what you're doing and that the fact he's kind and friendly in his own way doesn't make him dangerously cunning and effective in an elegantly simple manner. None of this will be easy."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-11, 10:17 AM
"How time-sensitive is this mission?" Liesl asked with a meaningful look, referring back to her last comment about time.

"I'm sure I speak for all of us when i say I don't really like the idea of our strategy being too much the same as one the arbites have been using. You don't kill hunters wearing a grox suit.

What else can we work with? These bugs. I'm no technomancer... but would it be possible to track the signals from the bugs to a listening station? These seem to almost be the best and most concrete lead we have.

Either that or use them to feed false information to their owner and lure her into a trap?"

Brom
2011-08-11, 12:44 PM
Handle answers casually. "You have whatever time you need. It's undefined; the heretics are currently underground, no doubt up to *something*, but the resources we have been allotted are significant and we are expected to take whatever time is needed. Sooner and faster is always better but you do not have strict redeployment which limits your timeframe. The idea to track bugs back to their listening stations is a good one; a device can be tracked to what it signals to just as a lock can be tracked to a key via Divination, and if any of you have experience as a Transmechanic or even a little skill, you should be able to discern the nature of the device and where it might send to. Feeding her false information is also a very good idea.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-11, 04:44 PM
"Then I guess we have a plan.. Take over the true skulls, recruit some hivers, and track the signals. We'll all be acting as gang members but maybe we should split up into an additional cell, one to help investigate the signals. Like Iosef for obvious reasons,*Atellus says, gesturing to his tail cord.*, and Liesl because she's it was her idea.

I'll help out, and track down those listening stations if you need me, but I'll be spending a lot of my time running errands, and getting closer to Gobold.
Sorry handler for keeping you, but I have one last question, an important question. How does Gobold feel about psykers? I want to know if I should keep my abilities under wraps, or if letting him know will help him think of me as a more valuable asset."

Brom
2011-08-11, 05:08 PM
Handle tilts his head as he looks to Atellus, surprised by the question.

"Your sanctioning and training has made you an Imperial Psyker. Observe that title. Imperial Psyker; your duty is to the Imperium. The only Psykers that would make sense to run into are rogue Psykers with poor control over their abilities, and there are very few people willing to keep powerful Wyrdlings around. If you state that you're Sanctioned, or if he discovers it, your loyalty will be immediately in question. And in any case, he may outwardly refuse to have you around for the benefit of his men, as your average man views the Psyker with fear and suspicion, a role he has to play up, as it is doubtful that many or any know that he is a former member of the Inquisition gone rogue. No doubt he may have personal concerns for the benefit of his cover and his secrets about keeping a Psyker around, as few understand the abilities or limitations of a Psyker, and Gobal himself may worry you have mind reading abilities that could compromise him, or Divination abilities. I would thusly advise against it. Splitting up, also something I typically advise against, although it may be worthwhile for a time."

rb780nm
2011-08-11, 05:45 PM
"I, (haha), have a similar question, actually - are there any techpriests or hereteks active in the hive gangs here? Otherwise I would likely stand out like an injured opposable phalange"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-11, 06:06 PM
"Tch! Fine. Just askin.."
Atellus then turns his head away with a pout.

DrK
2011-08-12, 02:54 AM
Lupa

Lupa glances round at the others. As you may have guessed I'm not the best with reluctant machine spirits. Maybe I should stick to administering the Emperor's Justice to some gangers.

Looking at the man carrying the assault stubber. I assume that would also be what you'd like to do?

LeSwordfish
2011-08-12, 03:45 AM
"We needn't especially split up. Getting our hands on a bug and tracking it shouldn't take too long, and sounds like it may take the specialist skills of so many of us as to leave whatever other group there is undermanned. We can then work on the gangs afterwards."

Liesl turns to Atellus.

"Do you have the ability to do what Sieur Handle here is suggesting?" she asked absent-mindedly, "Mister...Er... Atellus?"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-12, 04:27 AM
Atellus moves his head slightly, and turns his eyes to Liesl.
"Well I do have a couple of divination powers... But as for reading peoples minds? I'm afraid I don't know how to do that... Yet." He says with a smile.

dabone
2011-08-12, 04:30 AM
"I must admit, Combat is where I excel, so yeah Mad'am that would indeed be something for me. But my place is next to Liesl, so splitting us up won't be something I do without Liesl on my team."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-12, 04:38 AM
Atellus looks at Jarr with a confused look on his face.
"Why not? Your her body guard?" Atellus then turns to Liesl. "Your pa sent 'im with you, or what?"

With a sigh he stands up, dusts off his great coat, and grabs his Armageddon by the bandoleer. "Anyway if were done planning, we should get a move on already..."

DrK
2011-08-12, 08:28 AM
Lupa

Lupa smiles in approval at the call to action. Even as a young Arbite Enforcer she ahd preferred action to planning. Standing and checking the charge on ehr shock Maul and that the shotgun is loaded, she glances to Handle, Safe to say Master Handle, we'll need ammunition. Lots and lots of ammunition. Bolt shells, shotgun cartridges and autogun magazines would seem to be the order of the day.

Nodding to the others. Shall we stir things up then with the neighbours? Then move onto the bug once that is started?

LeSwordfish
2011-08-12, 11:09 AM
Liesl opened her mouth to protest at the arbite's bloodthirstiness, then closed it, and frowned.

"...I suppose it makes sense to start the longer process of baiting the gangs before we work on the bugs."She said, slowly and unwillingly "I think we should deal with the issues one at the time, though, and the bugs are our best lead...but i will defer to your greater operational experience." An undercurrent of tension hinted that the words did not come easily.

Let's not bite off more than we can chew. From a purely metagaming perspective, we should try and snap up some XP before possibly ending up in a large-scale combat.

rb780nm
2011-08-12, 02:10 PM
"I will not be as useful in your attempts to establish yourself as a gang. Logic dictates that I focus my efforts upon tracing the bugs and signal intercepts that may exist within the Hive's security systems first. Mr Handel, is there a contact within the security apparatus you may be able to share with me who could assist? Otherwise, I will attempt to find information amongst the mechanicum adepts as suggested earlier"

Brom
2011-08-12, 06:18 PM
Handle simply shakes his head at Iosef's question. "All the support you will be receiving has been described. There will be a shipment of munitions here for you tomorrow morning. You should reconnitor the gang you're hoping to dispatch before you engage them. This is just standard practice before engaging any group, especially in an urban zone during paramilitary operation where they may have friends or allies who will take issue with what you've done. Investigating the bugs is a good idea, though I can provide you no specific leads beyond investigating major factions."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-12, 08:02 PM
Atellus lets out a wide grin as it seems apparent that the group is going to start moving, then looks at Lupa. "Lupa, you should probably lead this operation at the moment. You probably know more about Hive gangs than the rest of us."

Brom
2011-08-13, 02:51 PM
Handle pulls out the chrono now, rapping his steel boot toe against the floor before sighing. "I can afford no more time for you. The datapad I gave you contains an option to contact your Advisor, who will be coordinating operations. Ammunition will be here as you requested by the morrow. Best of luck; may the Emperor's Justice account for all things."

With that, he takes his leave of you, exiting quickly.

rb780nm
2011-08-14, 08:44 AM
It's not clear how much time there is left in the day. I'll assume there's some.

"Well, I will see what I can find in terms of these bugs," Iosef says. Waiting a moment to see if anyone follows, he heads for the nearest mechanicus shrine that he is aware of.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-14, 09:34 AM
Liesl shrugs and stands up, slinging her lasgun over her shoulder. "I think we should all go with Iosef to the shrine. We can ask for an audience with the local mechanicus head, and scan his office for bugs while we do so."

She jogs for a second to catch up with the tech-priest, walking sharply to keep up with his longer stride. "You speak binary, yes? And nobody outside the mechanicus does?"

She flicks a strand of hair out of her eyes. "The mechanicus office is worth less bugged, but if Anasia has common access there she'd be a fool not to bug it just in case."

dabone
2011-08-14, 01:51 PM
Jarr straps his weapon back on and is considering taking his stubber with him.

"What do you think? we would draw too much attention if we walk around armed, or does everyone do this?"

LeSwordfish
2011-08-14, 02:01 PM
Liesl thought for a moment. "Leave the stubber here, it sticks out a mile. If things get hairy you can use my las."

DrK
2011-08-14, 02:39 PM
Lupa

Lupa nods at the people leaving before turning to ones staying. So shall we lock and load and pay a local gang a visit. Nothing too fancy. Find a narco den, kick open the door and frag everyone inside. They are all guilty of brekaing the Arbite Code of Justice and it will attract some notice. We may have to do this 2 or even 3 times to establish ourselves but its a start.

With that she locks and loads the shotgun and unchecks the safety on the Bolt pistol at her waist and motions towards the door. As I said to Master Handle. We'll be needing ammuntion. Lots of Ammunition. Shall we find a rental lighter to travel to the underhive

LeSwordfish
2011-08-14, 03:03 PM
(I was kinda hoping the psyker could come with us to track the bugs)

Also, why not wait until after the ammo shipment?

Liesl turned back to Lupa and shrugged despairingly. "Just... Just try not to get yourself killed."

Another few paces on she turned again: "The Emperor Protects!"

Brom
2011-08-14, 05:52 PM
OOC: Walking around armed isn't totally unusual and in some places its even recommended, but its heavily frowned on to walk about with more than a pistol. A heavy stubber is military grade equipment. Similarly, being armed makes it look like you're looking for trouble. Which in this case, you are, but you don't want other people to know that. So it'd stick out a whole lot, Jarr.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-14, 07:16 PM
Atellus walks up to Lupa. "Since you guys are working on the bugs, I'll go with Lupa. I know my powers would be useful to you, but letting my teammate go alone on an inherently dangerous mission would be irresponsible. Liesl sorry I won't be able to help out. But if you need any help call me on the micro bead. Besides you've got a cog boy with you, I'm sure you'll manage."

OOC: Edit(Reply to Brom): I guess I'll go with her then.

Brom
2011-08-14, 07:21 PM
OOC: From what I can tell, Lupa is going it alone, 'cause she's a super tough Arbite who likes to break ganger faces.

rb780nm
2011-08-14, 07:24 PM
"Lupa - perhaps you should accompany us, and then we can go after a local gang in force this evening. Gangland assassinations seem like a thing best done under cover of night," Iosef says

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-14, 07:33 PM
"Lupa - perhaps you should accompany us, and then we can go after a local gang in force this evening. Gangland assassinations seem like a thing best done under cover of night," Iosef says

"Iosef don't worry about it. Lupa, and I can take care of this. Besides I doubt that it would be acceptable entering a mechanicus temple or whatever with this over my shoulder" Atellus gestures at his modified Armageddon. "Lupa, and I can handle a few gangers." Atellus then looks at Lupa "Unless you wanna wait.."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-15, 01:16 AM
"Come with us now, and we'll come with you on a raid tomorrow after the munitions arrive. With all five of us we can be taken a lot more seriously as a threat."

(OOC: Should i roll a Charm test? :smallwink:)

DrK
2011-08-15, 01:54 AM
Lupa

Lupa looks around before nodding in assent. Perhaps you are right. The gangers will be more active after curfew anyway. We can deal with the bugs first then move in strength tonight.

I handn't realised it was just Lupa going! I lost track people's names.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-15, 04:31 AM
After listening to Iosef, and Lupa Atellus shrugs. "Alright.. Were probably better off doing this as a group anyway.." Atellus then goes to an empty locker, and reluctantly puts away his Armageddon. He then pulls out his compact las pistol. He gives it a long scrutinizing stare, and sighs a bit.

After he hides his pistol in one of his great coats pockets, and makes sure his sword is adjusted securely on his back. Atellus then walks out the warehouse, and surveys his surroundings.

dabone
2011-08-15, 10:26 AM
Jarr grumbles while unpacking almost his entire backpack, putting weapons in his locker, putting away his great weapon and reluctantly put away his stubber..

"Well this will have to do then.."

Only putting a laspistol is its holster, a knive strapped on the side of his leg and a hammer hanging loosly from his side.

"If this means trouble I'll just have to work the old way"
says Jarr while forming his hand in a fist and showing it to the group to make sure everyone understands what he means.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-15, 10:43 AM
Liesl jogged back inside, tenderly leaned her las against a crate, before walking back to join the party.

"We're unlikely to end up in a fight with the mechanicus anyway, or to have won it even fully armed."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-16, 02:50 AM
OOC: Do we have a form of transportation? Or do we have to catch a cab or something? Sorry if this was already mentioned.

Brom
2011-08-16, 09:19 AM
OOC: Those who look outside see that a hovercar has been left for you, a nice van style. It's shabby brown thing, which looks worse for wear. (Feel free to make an Underworld, Judgement, or Common Lore Tech roll, if any of you have that) (Sorry, I'm not sure what they call vans or largish civilian transport vehicles in 40k.)

LeSwordfish
2011-08-16, 09:49 AM
I'll take that Common Lore roll. [roll0] vs 51
Presumably by "You all walk there" you don't mean we've walked there already.

(OOC: We can put our weapons in the back of this, right?)

Liesl approaches the groundcar and gives one of the tyres an exploratory kick, before climbing into the passenger seat and scanning through the dataslate for the location of the primary Mechanicus shrine.

rb780nm
2011-08-16, 10:15 AM
Iosef climbs into the back.

Sorry, no CL-tech for me (yet).

LeSwordfish
2011-08-16, 10:19 AM
(OOC: What, is the tech-priest not driving?)

rb780nm
2011-08-16, 10:26 AM
I'm not skilled in drive (also yet).

LeSwordfish
2011-08-16, 10:44 AM
Liesl shrugs and moves over into the drivers seat.

"If anyone goes back inside to get their stuff, could they grab my Lasgun?"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-16, 11:07 AM
Atellus quickly runs inside, and picks up Liesl's Lasgun, and his Armageddon from his locker, and puts them in the trunk. "I got shotgun." He says quickly, and moves into the remaining front seat. After that he rolls down his window, and waves the others along. "Lets get a move on."

OOC: Sorry, no common lore skills.

DrK
2011-08-16, 12:47 PM
Lupa

Lupa gets in the back clutching her shotgun tightly. Let get this done. With luck we can track the first of thes bugs quickl and then corner the first of these heretics

dabone
2011-08-16, 12:47 PM
Jarr comes walking out of the building with a big smile, carying his stubber.

"If people can take there guns, I can also! I don't care if it can't be taken when we leave the car, but if things go bad, I wan't to be able to grab gun!"

As Jarr reaches the vehicle he sees Liesl behind the wheel of the car and walks to the end of the car, opens the doors and steps inside.

"I'll sit here, so I can watch our cargo, and shoot out of the back of the driving car when we get chased! I always wanted to do that! Not that we will drive fast enough for that with Liesl behind the wheel... she drives like girl, stopping for red lights,using the brake, not ramming things... I drive like man, as hard as possible, have crashed multiple times... but proud of it!"

rb780nm
2011-08-16, 12:54 PM
"Any crash you can walk away from? I am of course aghast at your mistreatment of holy technology - even a lowly vehicle like this is a part of the omnissiah," says the Techpriest, with a hint of humor in his mechanically modulated voice.

dabone
2011-08-16, 01:16 PM
"Nah military crafts are no problem for me, I can use them easily, but driving low technology things.. no nothing for me. Last crash was when I was zigzagging on a old road when suddenly the steering wheel came of..maybe Jarr zigzagged a little to enthusiastic.."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-16, 03:51 PM
"Any crash you can walk away from is a good one." Liesl quipped. "Any crash you will eventually leak out of is fairly neutral." With those concerning words, she gunned the engines, and began driving like a girl towards the Mechanicus.

rb780nm
2011-08-16, 10:22 PM
Common lore (mechanicus cult) [roll0] to find the local temple. If needed.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-19, 05:18 AM
Liesl drummed her fingers on the wheel and furrowed her brow, deep in thought.

"When we arrive, we should try to get in contact with the head, or whatever he is. The boss. Iosef, you explain about the bugs to him in your tech language. Atellus, you scan his office psychically for the bugs. When you find one, you can scan it to find the listening station.

We should presume we'll be at least listened to, if not watched, all the time we're in there. So nothing suspicious out loud. If we need proof that someone's been messing the mechanicus about, we can ask them to look for signs that their security cameras have been tampered with."

dabone
2011-08-19, 06:56 AM
Jarr is constantly looking out of the back window, maybe to see if they are followed, maybe because he is bored or maybe something entirely different.

"are we there yet?"

rb780nm
2011-08-19, 08:41 AM
"That sounds like a good plan," Iosef says

LeSwordfish
2011-08-19, 11:09 AM
"It's possible Anasia either speaks binary or has a lackey to translate it. If she doesn't the only reason she'd have to bug the mechanicus would be opportunism and paranoia. Still, it's the best lead to go on, and if she hasn't we can try somewhere else."

"And we get there when we get there."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-19, 03:49 PM
Atellus leans against the door, and stares outside the window as Liesl explains her plan. Distracted by the swarms of people, and mountainous spires. His home world of Gunmetal was big certainly. But not this big. When Liesl mentions his name, he nods slightly, and gives a low "mmhm" in acknowledgement, obviously distracted by the sights.

Brom
2011-08-20, 05:30 PM
The Mechanicus shrine isn't hard to find. It's a vast iron-gray temple complex, with an archway formed of large piston machines which work outside on some unknown function with a bridge connecting the peaks of these machines, like some warped mountain of moving metal pillars. The top of this structure is covered in dark, chemical stained glass, fogged from the smokes of Machine Spirit rites occurring inside. As you descend down a flight of stairs from the parking way into the complex, you can see that the walls that divide the place are not complete, many simply consisting of just the frames, and not all reaching the ceiling. It seems a somewhat recent place, or else just half completed, but bleak iron is all the color this place has. The air itself seems to have this color from the smokes of the labors within, and you can hear machining, smithing, forging, and construction occurring inside. It bustles, but there is no one at the ''archway'' that marks the entrance. You may walk right in. The only way of knowing this is a Mechanicus temple is by the many rust red symbols adorned to pennants hanging upon walls, and the mantra of the Mechanicus done in bronze piping across the archway.

OOC: Apologies for delayed post. Start of school events are happening left and right at the moment.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-21, 02:25 AM
Before going in the building, Atellus subtly begins to focus his power in search of a bug.

OOC: Rolled for psychic power, and failed perception test. Will try again later.

DrK
2011-08-21, 05:20 AM
Lupa

Lupa walks in with the others keeping her eyes peeled for anyone wtaching her or any suspicious secruity devices that look like they shouldn't belong. Does anyone know what we are looking for or where the Enginseer-Magii quarters are?

dabone
2011-08-21, 06:12 AM
Jarr leaves his heavy stuff behind, only carrying his light weapons. He doesn't seem to worried about this, making some small talk while on there way in.

"hmmz so this is it? thought it would be more impressive. by the way, what is the code word to start banging heads?"

Jarr seems to be thinking hard about a good word.

"better not take something that is to common.. you know what happened last time don't you Liesl...but it wasn't my fault, you said the word!"

rb780nm
2011-08-21, 07:20 AM
Iosef walks into the shrine, making the interlocking gear symbol with his hands as he crosses the threshold. He grabs the first junior techpriest he sees. "I must see the senior Magos of this shrine on a matter of some urgency," he says in the secret tongue of Mars.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-21, 08:18 AM
Atellus feeling a bit frustrated at his constant failures, loiters outside the building, and lets everyone pass him. After take a breather, he lets out a loud sigh. "By the Emperor.. If it doesn't work this time.. " He does a double take to make sure no one as around him, as he subtly focuses his power.

OOC: Pleasepleasepleaseplease let it work this time. >_<
Dowsing Threshold 11. Fettered [roll0]+5=18 Perception roll. [roll1]
*eye twitches* Oh screw it. Stupid perception tests.

Getting nothing(yet again!). Atellus storms inside the building to join his teammates. "Look's like we'll have to do this the old fashioned way..", he mutters angrily.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-21, 08:20 AM
"We don't need a bashing-heads codeword," Liesl said distractedly, staring around the area, drinking the sight in, "But codeword for getting the Sek out will be "Gridlock", right? You hear that, you cut and run back to the van. The last thing we need to do is piss off the Mechanicus."

EDIT COS I MISSED ATELLUS'S POST: Liesl glanced at the old psyker nervously. "You alright, man? Don't kill yourself. Would it be easier if you only had to scan a small area?"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-21, 08:36 AM
EDIT COS I MISSED ATELLUS'S POST: Liesl glanced at the old psyker nervously. "You alright, man? Don't kill yourself. Would it be easier if you only had to scan a small area?"

Atellus sighs.. "I'm Fine. I'll try again later, but only after we've tried to find them the old fashioned way. Failing again so soon would be too embarrassing for me." he says with a light smirk.

OOC: Old? Lol Atellus is 26. :P Lol but seriously what is up with the ridiculously high rolls? The forum dice must hate me. Its pretty funny.

Brom
2011-08-21, 10:18 AM
Your gesticulations go over well with the first junior priest you run into, who speaks to you through a poor quality mouth grille, too loud to be properly modulated. "OF COURSE. YOU WILL BE BROUGHT TO HIM RIGHT AWAY. PLEASE FOLLOW ME."

Without waiting, he begins leading you throw the pipelined corridors of the craftsman's shanty town that the Mechanicus is calling a temple.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-21, 11:20 AM
Liesl looked around in quiet disappointment as she walked through the temple.

"I was expecting gleaming spires," she said. "Pomp and circumstance. Bone, and polished steel. This looks like... not to say it doesn't have a beauty of its own" she finished lamely, aware of how many mechanicus personell were around them. She was clearly uneasy around such numbers of augmented humans, and twice flinched away from the gaze of bionic eyes. Eventually she pulled her scarf and hood up to cover most of her face, and continued surveying the area through shadowed eyes.

[roll0] Awareness test for anything obviously suspicious or anyone she recognises. vs Perception 40

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-21, 11:20 AM
Taking his time. Allesus follows the group from behind taking time to examine his surroundings. These halls look like the perfect place for some one to hide something especially something small. After a bit Atellus stops, and waits till he's alone. Slowly he removes a glove from right hand, and slowly begins to run his fingers it along the walls, and the pipes.Then he whispers under his breath. "Where is the "bug"?"

OOC: Whats this? Atellus is going to try again? This boy is a sucker for punishment. Dowsing Fettered. Threshold 11. [roll0]+5= 25 . If I pass. Perception Roll. [roll1] vs a Perception of 32. Aaaand I Pass! By 2 degree's of success to boot!

Atellus eyes go blank as he looks into the warp to figure out the bug's location.

rb780nm
2011-08-21, 11:29 AM
"Practicality is always first and foremost, my dear," Iosef tells Liesl.

No it isn't, but he thinks it is.

dabone
2011-08-21, 03:42 PM
"offcourse! why would somebody want a weapon which looks beautiful but doesn't work?"

Jarr replys as he nods in agreement with Iosef

Brom
2011-08-21, 07:36 PM
Taking his time. Allesus follows the group from behind taking time to examine his surroundings. These halls look like the perfect place for some one to hide something especially something small. After a bit Atellus stops, and waits till he's alone. Slowly he removes a glove from right hand, and slowly begins to run his fingers it along the walls, and the pipes.Then he whispers under his breath. "Where is the "bug"?"

OOC: Whats this? Atellus is going to try again? This boy is a sucker for punishment. Dowsing Fettered. Threshold 11. [roll0]+5= 25 . If I pass. Perception Roll. [roll1] vs a Perception of 32. Aaaand I Pass! By 2 degree's of success to boot!

Atellus eyes go blank as he looks into the warp to figure out the bug's location.

OOC
Quoted from Dowsing Power Description, page 172 of the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook

First the Psyker must choose an item or person to be the subject of the power. This can be anything, but it must be a specific item. So for instance,
the Psyker could say, “I want to know where the key to this lock is” but not “I want to know where a key is”. Likewise with a person, the Psyker must have either seen them before (possibly remotely or in a pict) or know their name.

I'm going to rule that this means that you can't just search for, ''bugs.'' You need to specify it to a make, model, and receiving device. (Which actually isn't intimidating as it sounds. If someone's using a tapping device, it's likely to be the same style and design of tapping device, and all send to the same receiver, at least from a given location. This means that you can't Dowse for ''bugs'' in general - but if you find one and have a make and model, you can Dowse asking, ''Where is a bug linked to the same transceiver as this?" or "Where is the transceiver linked to this bug?"

On the count of fairness, since I didn't tell you this ahead of time and sort of lead you on, what with the NPC adviser suggesting you divine the location of the eavesdropping devices, I'll let you use this roll if/when you finally DO find an eavesdropping device. Sound reasonable?

The tech priest leads you through the winding maze of pipes. Liesl, it must be the din and noise of this place, but you simply can't focus, and in it's own way the bare bones mechanical infrastructure of this place is just as alien as any Eldar wraithbone architecture. You can't make heads or tails out of what does and doesn't belong there.

You go some ways, and you're all rather turned around.

OOC: Only with Total Recall and a successful intelligence test will I say that you can actually work out how you get out of this place.

You finally reach an office. The junior mechanicus member speaks a sacred activation rite to the Omnimessiah, gesticulating, and then taps the activation rune for a speaker grille. "Master Magos, you have visitors here to see you. They say it is most urgent but have not yet spoken of what the matter is. Will you see them?"

The Magi takes some time to respond. When it does, you hear a somewhat rather bold and authoritative male voice responds with a tone of command and finality. "See them in, and then see yourself to the Penitence chambers for providing me with guests and neither giving me sufficient warning to provide proper hospitality nor sufficient information to formulate a response. Your term is three weeks. In the Omnimessiah's name, flawed entity."

The doors by which the vox grille was mounted slide open with a hiss and gush of steam from improperly sealed pipes. Some kind of dark warehouse and laboratory awaits you, gloom filled. A tall figure, easily at 2m, adorned squidlike with a dozen mechanical appendages, is bent over a massive cogitator, muttering in static filled tones to himself obsessively. He pays no mind to you as you stand at the door. Your eyes (unless you have access to darksight) can't really penetrate the gloom on either side of the walkway leading to the cogitator device. You see an ocular appendage swivel to view you, then go back to pouring over the cogitator.

"Welcome."

When he finally acknowledges you, his voice is booming, as if coming from many places.

For All
Test Awareness if you would like, -20 penalty, and Intelligence, -10.

IosefIosef, junior in the Mechanicus as you may be, this place violates all sorts of design protocols, including the bare minimums for actual safety. You feel guilty for thinking so poorly of people who designed this place when they would obviously be your superiors, but also poorly for being in a place that so blatantly defies the Omnimessiah's sacred will and all the normalities dictated by the sacred STC.

rb780nm
2011-08-21, 07:55 PM
"Master, I come bearing tidings from Inquisitor Justinian of the Ordo Xenos. He suspects that a foul Xenos saboteur may have tampered with the hive's security systems. Possibly a tau agent, who may have placed any sort of heretek device within the system. Probably a weapon that will disrupt security monitoring while a xenos attack occurs. My companions and I are specially trained to seek out such things. We request that you allow us access to the security systems so that we may hunt for the Xenos tech.

"Once we have found it, we will of course share our findings with you - so that you may recognize it next time and we can keep the hive safe - in the name of the Omnissiah."

Iosef speaks quickly, before anyone else can speak. If any of the others try to correct his story, he attempts to silence them with subtle waves of his mechadendrites.

Trying to bluff the Magos...

[roll0] vs 34/2 = 17 ... This might not work...

rb780nm
2011-08-21, 07:56 PM
Using fate to reroll that one

[roll0] And it's worse.... crap.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-22, 12:10 AM
OOC
Quoted from Dowsing Power Description, page 172 of the Dark Heresy Core Rulebook

I'm going to rule that this means that you can't just search for, ''bugs.'' You need to specify it to a make, model, and receiving device. (Which actually isn't intimidating as it sounds. If someone's using a tapping device, it's likely to be the same style and design of tapping device, and all send to the same receiver, at least from a given location. This means that you can't Dowse for ''bugs'' in general - but if you find one and have a make and model, you can Dowse asking, ''Where is a bug linked to the same transceiver as this?" or "Where is the transceiver linked to this bug?"

On the count of fairness, since I didn't tell you this ahead of time and sort of lead you on, what with the NPC adviser suggesting you divine the location of the eavesdropping devices, I'll let you use this roll if/when you finally DO find an eavesdropping device. Sound reasonable?

Yeah, that sounds fine. Thanks.

After regaining his composure, Atellus catches up with the group, Atellus's eyes try to adjust to the darkness. "Thrones grace.. This is the mechanicus. How hard is it to get a few glow lamps?" he mutters lightly. Atellus squints his eyes to get a better view.

Awareness test. [roll0] vs 32(12). Intelligence Test [roll1] vs 40(30).

Atellus looks at Iosef somewhat nervously, and thinks to himself. "Even if this is a bluff, Is telling him that we're part of the inquisition really a good idea?", but Atellus leaves it be, and looks at the Magos to try, and ascertain his reaction to this information, and subtly keeps his hands at the ready incase things get bad. "Should've brought my rifle with me.." he thinks to himself.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-22, 01:17 AM
Please tell me you're speaking in the mechanicus language.

Liesl begins scouring around the room, trying not to disturb anything.

OOC: Do we need to pass BOTH tests or just one? And if we need both, if i fail one can i keep the sucessful result.

Awareness: [roll0] vs 20, Intelligence Test [roll1] vs 41

Re-rolled INT in OOC. using a fate point. Failed.

Brom
2011-08-22, 04:21 AM
Using fate to reroll that one

[roll0] And it's worse.... crap.

OOC: Fate Points Hereon

I think that from now on, I'm going to say when you use a fate point to reroll a skill test, you reroll as normal. If the second roll is higher, you are treated as rolling 1 under your first roll, plus a further 1d10. So you rolled a 52, then a 97. I'll treat your second roll by default as having been a 51, then reduce it by 1d10 - 8 in this case. That still only makes your roll a 43, so it doesn't help you in this instance. Still, if you'd been rolling, I dunno, Security, you'd be better off. I just like the idea that a skill check you spend a fate point on will always result in a lower number, even if it still doesn't guarantee success.

The Magos seems to believe what you're telling him, Iosef. "...They couldn't...if xenos have defiled my temple, I will know of it! You are to search the grounds immediately, I order you!"

OOC (to Liesl): Yes, you would have needed to to pass both.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-22, 04:50 AM
Liesl draws out her dataslate and types on it for a few seconds before showing it to the magos.

We suspect your office is bugged. It may not be safe to speak aloud in gothic. We need access to security camera footage + assistance with search for bugs.

Fate points
I LIKE that fate-point rule. Incentivises re-rolling narrow successes. It would be handy to have known that for the 25 out of 20 roll though.

DrK
2011-08-22, 06:31 AM
Lupa

Silent until now in the strange confines of the Machine Cult. May I help? as she starte to search the room hunting for a likley bug and checking the places she would use if she were investigating them.

Security check [roll0] against 48
Fate point re-roll if needed [roll1] (or minus [roll2])

If it should be search instead then its against 36

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-22, 09:06 AM
Atellus looks around the room, and does his best to find device.

Untrained Search check for the device. 16 or less to pass. [roll0]. Hmm highest roll yet.. I'm impressed.

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 09:55 AM
Iosef examines the systems, looking for potential bugs.

What am I rolling against? Tech use?

[roll0] vs 51

LeSwordfish
2011-08-22, 10:01 AM
OOC: Guys, he's SAID. Int-10, and awareness-20. Lets face it, it's entirely justified that its such a long shot- these are bugs designed to not be spotted by augumented eyes. We'll be lucky if a full scan can find them.

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 10:41 AM
I didn't think that was for the bugs, rather for the information that Iosef received for being familiar with the mechanicus (which is why he launched into his barely successful subterfuge) - but just in case...

Int: [roll0] vs 41

Awareness: [roll1] vs 19

Brom
2011-08-22, 11:21 AM
OOC: The Awareness & Intelligence was for something else. Tech-Use, Awareness, Common Lore (Tech), & Forbidden Lore (Machine Cult) can all be tested at -20 to find bugs. Search & Security can be tested against as normal.

Meaning Miss Lupa succeeded.

Lupa
During your time in the Arbite taskforce, Lupa Solaria, you were told that unfortunately, the Arbites aren't always allowed to arrest straightaway or shotgun enemies down. Some people need damning evidence in order to be persecuted, even by the Imperium's enforcers of Lex Imperialis - a document by no means limiting for police via citizens rights.

For this purpose, you were forced to take a seminar, discussing proper evidence gathering, one form of which included eavesdropping devices. The principle for placing these devices to gather information was simple: It was best hidden in plain sight where people would lack the knowledge to say it didn't belong, and it was best somewhere that it would gather the most data, due to the subject of your investigation spending the most time around a given place that you bugged.

It is on this simple premise that you gaze, in spite of the gloom, in on the cogitator and see amongst a mess of wiring something that doesn't belong. Premise one of bug placement almost prevents you from noticing it; only subtle differences hide the fact it was clearly not made to be part of the machine, one of those including a lens.

How you react to seeing it is your choice.

Iosef

You are well aware of the proper placement of wire and circuit amongst the Omnimessiah's creations. You know where something must be to make proper use of it, and where something won't be for it's intended use as holy technology. You search about with your eyes, and your gaze falls upon a device inside of the Cogitator dominating the center of this room. Further searching for where things should and should not be, and you notice a similar device, this one mounted on the very optical mechadendrite of the Magos.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-22, 04:15 PM
Liesl keeps looking around the room as she holds the dataslate for the magos to read.

Common Lore (Tech), vs 31 (51 base, -20) [roll0]

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 04:23 PM
What I want to do is see what I can find out about these bugs, without the magos realizing I've seen them. And ideally without being so obvious about it that anyone watching on the bugs notices either. The one onthe Magos' optical mech is probably out.

Iosef tried not to bring attention to any of the bugs he had found. Instead he kept looking at other parts of the cogitator, while he extended his mechadendrites back towards the bug. Slowly, so as not to attract attention, he examined the bug, waiting for opportunities while the Magos was distracted.

[roll0] Tech use vs 51+/- ??

Brom
2011-08-22, 04:30 PM
What I want to do is see what I can find out about these bugs, without the magos realizing I've seen them. And ideally without being so obvious about it that anyone watching on the bugs notices either. The one onthe Magos' optical mech is probably out.

Iosef tried not to bring attention to any of the bugs he had found. Instead he kept looking at other parts of the cogitator, while he extended his mechadendrites back towards the bug. Slowly, so as not to attract attention, he examined the bug, waiting for opportunities while the Magos was distracted.

[roll0] Tech use vs 51+/- ??

Iosef
OOC: Tech Use would have been at a -20, CL: Tech at -10, and Security at +10. You can still test CL: Tech and/or Security if you'd like Iosef. With a 78, though, you sadly don't find anything out.

LieslYou think back on books you haven't read on a while, your excellent memory serving you well. You're sure, for a moment, that you don't know anything helpful. Then you remember something about the general profiles and shapes of conventional espionage devices and after some searching in the gloom, you notice a pair of couplings strung out across the floor drawing power for one of the Magi's creations on the far side of the room. Under one of the couplings is a device, clearly a tap.

OOC: Everyone can test Awareness at a -10 penalty if they've failed to spot any bugs. Meaning only Jarr & Atellus can roll it.

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 04:51 PM
Security [roll0] vs 49

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 06:35 PM
"I am unable to find anything here, Magos. With your permission we would like to examine other parts of the shrine. We will not detain you further from your holy duties," Iosef says.

Brom
2011-08-22, 07:01 PM
The Magos hasn't really been paying attention to you since he demanded you search. Now that you speak to him directly again, he just nods.

"Yes, yes, search as you will. I am sorry our hospitality was not better. I do hope you take time to enjoy the exquisite pleasures our craftsman are forging."

rb780nm
2011-08-22, 07:37 PM
Iosef leaves the Magos' office. If any of the party tries to talk to him about bugs, he gestures at them to wait.

Iosef will wander randomly "looking" ineptly for more bugs, in order to allay any suspicions and to keep up the cover story. After a while, if nothing of interest happens (and if noone else wants to take the lead), he will "remember" that the team needs to go to a meeting and he will ask someone to lead them back to the front.

Brom
2011-08-22, 08:04 PM
You don't seem to need to make anything up. As soon as you stop talking, the Magos stops paying attention to you. It's like he's obsessing over what his Cogitator is showing him and telling him. You've never seen anyone so unbothered by being told the Inquisition was around and xenos had been present without them knowing.

So, who is doing what now?

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 01:22 AM
Outside the door, Liesl grabs Iosef and Atellus. Speaking as low as she could, she muttered to them nervously. "There was a tapping device under one of the wires in there. First thing we need to do is get ahold of it, and get atellus to track it. You reckon the Magi will mind if we barge back in?"

DrK
2011-08-23, 02:28 AM
Lupa

Lupa approached the Techpriest. Master Iosef, did you see the device on his desk?. She looks around at the others, What do you suggest we do now? Master Atellus, can you track the device?

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 02:40 AM
"On his desk?" Liesl's face dropped. "How many of those bastard things are there?"

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 04:21 AM
Atellus looks at Lupa. "The Magos seems preoccupied with other matters, I don't think he'll mind if we go back in." He then turns to Liesl "I think I may be able to track it, or find out where its sending signals to. Should we show the bug to to the Magos? He may have some information on it. For example the model, and where it may have come from? If he doesn't know, then I'll search for it through the warp."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 04:50 AM
Liesl shook her head. "I don't trust him. At best, showing him the bugs will take his attention off something else important. At worst, he'll... well, let's not go there."

At that, Liesl put her head around the door, grabbed Atellus by the sleeve, and gently pulled him into the room, watching the Magos warily.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 05:09 AM
Atellus slowly walks next to Liesl, keeping his hand in his coat, and near his compact las pistol. He watches the magos cautiously, as Liesl moves to pick up the bug.

-10(22) Awareness to see if Atellus notices the bug like the others. [roll0] it seems he spotted it.

As he watches the Magos he notices the bug in the corner of his eye, and picks it up, then stores it in an inner coat pocket.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 05:49 AM
Liesl attempts to distract the magos, drawing her dataslate and scrolling it to a picture of a random cultist from the old files.

"I forgot to mention. We think that this man, Paris Gench, is leading the smugglers of xenos technology. Have you seen him anywhere?"

OOC: Trying to distract him. Any rolls needed?

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 06:48 AM
Atellus then picks up the bug that was on the desk, and stores it away as well. After doing so(incase he didn't get caught or if the magos didn't care), taps Liesl on the shoulder, and whispers in her ear. "We've got what we came for. Lets get out of this creepy place.."

rb780nm
2011-08-23, 07:43 AM
A little earlier: "There were a pair of optical bugs in there as well. I had intended to see if our patrons could get us a vox thief to track it's signal back to the watcher. However, if Attellus thinks he can track that one, then let us see where he leads us first. Perhaps there is more than one eavesdropper here, and it wouldn't do to alert them all when we can only deal with one at a time.

Also this shrine is not as it should be - it does not conform to the holy patterns laid down by Mars. There is more going on here," Iosef says

DrK
2011-08-23, 07:50 AM
Lupa

Lupa looks over at Iosef. Maybe we should carefully watch this place for signs of where this unorthodoxy has come from. Could we obtain our own bugs?

Brom
2011-08-23, 08:12 AM
Liesl attempts to distract the magos, drawing her dataslate and scrolling it to a picture of a random cultist from the old files.

"I forgot to mention. We think that this man, Paris Gench, is leading the smugglers of xenos technology. Have you seen him anywhere?"

OOC: Trying to distract him. Any rolls needed?

Nope. In fact, he ignores you...and starts singing as he reads from his cogitator. It's actually a fairly marvelous sound, his vox-grille able to modulate precisely and tirelessly in ways a human voice never could.

Despite the odd, flutelike, musical harmonic beauty of the sound, however, it rapidly becomes unpleasant as machines embedded in the hodge podge metalworks of the place, as well as other Tech Priests with lesser equipment, start singing. The sound takes on a discordant, high pitched note with things out of time with one another.

OOC: Test Willpower or gain a level of fatigue from sensory overstimulation.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 08:50 AM
Oh crap. It's kicking off. "I do hope you take time to enjoy the exquisite pleasures our craftsman are forging." seems all sinister now.
[roll0] vs 36

"Right" Liesl said, slightly dazed by the noise, blood pumping in her head. "I think... I really think we need to get out of here. Right now." She has the presence of mind to grab the odd tapping device from the wire, before turning to leave. "Atellus, scan the bug as we go.* Maybe we can find some directions or something... i think it's a really bad idea to be here right now."

In the corridor outside, she sways more. "We're off." She announces. "I don't know what this is, or even if it's bad, but i think we want to be away from it." There is a breif moment of pause before she speaks again. "Oh, yeah... Gridlock. Or whatever it was."

Also, Common Lore (Tech) or Scholastic Lore (Occult) roll to see if i know anything about this. Forbidden lore (Heresy) might also apply, but is at a -5 [roll1] vs 51

*If you can cast and move.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 09:17 AM
Willpower test [roll0] vs 51

Atellus shakes off the noise, quickly follows behind Liesl, when out in the hall he takes out one of the bugs he pocketed, and focuses on it. "I want to know where the transceiver linked to this bug is.." he says in a low whisper.

Using my past dowsing roll for this. Last time I passed, and got 2 degree's of success.

OOC: Did anyone pass the intelligence test to find our way out of this place?

Brom
2011-08-23, 09:34 AM
Your lore of tech tells you little more than the fact that the sound is probably going to give you a headache and that if it keeps gradually increasing, the omnipresent nature of the sound might cause a blackout. Your strength of will staves off the immense disorientation and the rising insensible panic taking hold in your gut.

You can hear some echoing laughter though, some weird sound. You can't for the life of you tell where it's coming from. It's not just coming from every direction, this isn't surround sound, it's coming from every point in place within arms reach and beyond, and it presses in on you.

The Magos turns to speak. "Inspiration strikes! We build great things to the sound of music! You should stay, yes, witness the show?"

DrK
2011-08-23, 09:35 AM
Lupa

Waiting outside the office for the other 2 she glances as they leave with dazed expressions. What with the awful noise? she asks as the edge of the mournful noise reaches her?

Did you find what we needed?

Int test [roll0]

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 09:44 AM
"Yes, we think so." Liesl said, before turning to the Magos "I don't think so, we have ... we have somewhere to be."

[roll0]Intelligence test vs 51 to get the hell out of here. Do i need total recall as well? I don't have it.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 09:49 AM
Atellus flinches as the Magos yells from inside the room. He has a bad feeling about this. "Oh ****..." he says, as he shoves the bug back in his pocket, and pulls out his compact las pistol, as he moves away from the door at a brisk pace. "No thanks... Sir.. We really have somewhere to be at the moment."

Made my intelligence roll in the OOC thread. Failed.

OOC: DM are you going to give me my vision for the transceiver location soon?

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 09:55 AM
"Don't shoot unless they do!" Liesl ordered. "We can't win a firefight with our stuff in the van."

Inspiration strikes then. Liesl swung her bag of her sholder, and dropped it to the ground, rummaging through it for the dataslate. She pulled her old, battered slate from her pocket, rather than handle's newer one, and began searching through it for the "Sound Record" option.

Can they do that?

Also, don't worry. He probably missed your post. And now isn't the time to prioritise that.

Brom
2011-08-23, 09:56 AM
Willpower test [roll0] vs 51

Atellus shakes off the noise, quickly follows behind Liesl, when out in the hall he takes out one of the bugs he pocketed, and focuses on it. "I want to know where the transceiver linked to this bug is.." he says in a low whisper.

Using my past dowsing roll for this. Last time I passed, and got 2 degree's of success.

OOC: Did anyone pass the intelligence test to find our way out of this place?

OOC: What's your Perception bonus? And no, no one's tested Intelligence yet.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 10:00 AM
OOC: What's your Perception bonus? And no, no one's tested Intelligence yet.

OOC: My perception bonus is 3.

Brom
2011-08-23, 10:02 AM
"Don't shoot unless they do!" Liesl ordered. "We can't win a firefight with our stuff in the van."

Inspiration strikes then. Liesl swung her bag of her sholder, and dropped it to the ground, rummaging through it for the dataslate. She pulled her old, battered slate from her pocket, rather than handle's newer one, and began searching through it for the "Sound Record" option.

Can they do that?

Also, don't worry. He probably missed your post. And now isn't the time to prioritise that.

OOC: Yes, yes they can. Nice thinking. And yeah, missed your post, plus I need to know his Perception bonus. Although not fully, I suppose, given the distances that he's working with.

rb780nm
2011-08-23, 10:06 AM
Willpower : [roll0] vs 50
Intelligence: [roll1] vs 51

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 10:12 AM
Atellus responds to Liesl. "Fine." he says lowering his pistol slightly, taking one last glance at the door where the magos is. "Lets just get out of here. I'm not sure where the transceiver is, but I know its about 3 kilometers from here. We need to get in the hover, and fly around for a bit. Just lead the way out, because I have no idea how to get out of this place alone."

Atellus is sustaining dowsing for as long as possible. When he gets close enough he'll figure out where the transceiver is. Just think of him as an organic metal detector. Also DM please notify me when I have to make a focus role to sustain the power.

Brom
2011-08-23, 10:20 AM
Atellus is focusing on his divinations as the music crests to a deafening crescendo, seeming to attempt to physically as well as mentally throttle you. The Magos is still speaking, but his voice is drowned out. Liesl begins recording and takes the lead, being the only one of you who can remember the convoluted twists and turns of this dreadful place.

OOC: Will waive Total Recall in light of it being an unreasonable expectation on my part.

Weirdly, the noise makes you claustrophobic, despite the wide open spaces of this place and the fact that the patchwork walls means you can often see through all the way to the outworks of the building in places. It becomes somewhat hard to breath, your vision blurs, and there is a distinct odor in the air, like some odd musk.

If you're taking actions beyond running, say so. It does seem like that's what people are doing. Otherwise, confirm that you're all running and I'll move the narrative along XD

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 10:39 AM
Liesl slams the heel of her hand against her forehead to clear her thoughts before smoothing her hair out of her eyes. "This way!" She shouts as loud as she can over the noise, pointing with her free hand towards the exit. Her other hand holds the dataslate above her head where it can hear the noise better.

A moment's hesitation prompts her to draw her sword, as much for the familiarity as anything else.

A sudden thought hits her, and she pulls her microbead out of her ear, switches it to recieve and rolls it into a dark corner. They aren't the only ones who can use bugs, she thought with some satisfaction, before continuing her run to the exit.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 10:59 AM
Atellus quickly follows behind her, running at enough speed to stay near Liesl but not to pass her, while keeping his gun at the ready. He turns his head around for a moment to to see if anyone is following them.

rb780nm
2011-08-23, 11:31 AM
Iosef runs along with the others.

Brom
2011-08-23, 01:07 PM
OOC: Just waiting for Guardsman and the Arbite, Jarr & Lupa. Also, everyone make another two Willpower tests, these against insanity and corruption, and a toughness test against deafness.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 01:16 PM
OOC: Just waiting for Guardsman and the Arbite, Jarr & Lupa. Also, everyone make another two Willpower tests, these against insanity and corruption, and a toughness test against deafness.

Rolling for Insanity [roll0] vs 51 Willpower. Rolling for Corruption [roll1] vs 51 Willpower. Rolling for Deafness [roll2] vs 28 Toughness.

OOC: Oh god.. Can we come back and kill the Magos later? I mean seriously.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 01:21 PM
Rolling Awareness. [roll0] vs 32+10(42) Perception. Testing Psyniscience [roll1] vs 32 Perception. Rolling 1d10 in case I succeed my psynicscience test. [roll2] god damn, I hate that magos..

"GUYS! I FEEL SOMETHING WEIRD! THE LINE BETWEEN REALITY, AND THE WARP IS THINNING!" Atellus yells to the group louder than intended due to his deafness.

DrK
2011-08-23, 01:26 PM
Lupa

Lupa cursed loudly as the sound assailed her sense and left her white hair trembling. She pulled out the bolt pistol, its weight cold and familiar in her hand and tried to steady her breathing. Dark forces stir here. The Emperor's justice must be served! the harsh thoughs passing through her mind as her jaw tightens against the crescendo.

Joining the others she rapidly sprinted through the tunnels looking for any likely targets that deserved harsh justice.

Willpower VS corruption [roll0] VS 35
Willpower VS insanity [roll1] VS 35
Toughness VS deafness [roll2] VS 51

rb780nm
2011-08-23, 01:44 PM
WP: [roll0] -Ins Pass
WP: [roll1] - Cor Fail
To: [roll2] -Deafness Pass

Iosef listens to the song, a part of his mind seeing how the song helps with inspiration and focus...

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 01:50 PM
Rolling to sustain Dowsing. Rolling 3d10 [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] 21+(WB)=26 Passed

Brom
2011-08-23, 02:30 PM
You all get outside with Liesl's assistance, no one showing up to stop you, though you often pass rooms with pale lights, swirling violet voids which spin in air, Tech Priests directing choirs of unmoving machinery with data slates as conductor's rods. Holographic devices begin to fill the place with a veritable scintillating miasma of color, and it is beginning to be hard to tell that you're not all trapped in some color-laden pocket of dimensional dementia, your eyes throbbing from the potency of it all. Only the obvious presence of the exit ahead stops you from turning around and running into one another, nauseating visual and aural stimuli abound. The walls of the work shops become shadowy glares, seemingly towering over you, pure black through which lances of every conceivable color and others not conceivable shine through. The Tech Priests themselves are visible, some turning to face you. Upon looking back, you see only amused skulls atop bloated bodies, as if each was secretly a glutton beneath their robes, their stomachs sewn together to withhold the consumption of sin, their rust red robes off for this performance.

For those of you who go deaf, the remorseless thrashes of sound stop, and warm fluid moves down from your ears, you finding yourselves rendered drooling and slack jawed by whatever forces had come to be...but the laughter never stops. Not until you cross the threshold of that place.

Once over the threshold, you find the door closed. Inside, those who still have hearing can make out the profane music, and it makes you tremble, hedging instinctively away in revulsion.

Those of you still with hearing hear Lupa babbling in tongues, her brain apparently ajar from the sonic force of that place.

Whatcha guys doing now? =D

Atellus

You have gained five insanity, and one corruption, from being in the temple. Your ears are slick with blood, your balance thrown from the hell played upon them, and your jaw slack, eyes glazed. Every part of you is somehow sore, and the mocking of the Warp is something you can hear, perhaps with your Diviner's gift of perception. It calls to you, promising you a kinder welcome home if you would only step back inside and join in the revelry and the devilry.

Lupa You are deaf, and the discordance of that place eats at your cherished memories. You gain five corruption, and six insanity. You fall into the habit of reciting litanies of salvation and solace to the Emperor, ingrained in you by your mentors in the Arbites, who held close ties with more militant arms of the Ecclesiarchy. These litanies threaten to turn into something perverse, and it feels as if someone has placed a loudhailer in your head, the music still not stopping for you. You begin to recite the litanies, but it is not with the fluid grace normal to High Gothic phrases, rather to the beat of the music playing in your head, and the words come to be something entirely different. You cannot understand what you are saying. Roll Willpower at +20 or gain a further six insanity.

Liesl I need rolls against insanity, corruption, and deafness from you.

Jarr Post something sometime soon so that I know you're still playing buddy. Rolls against insanity/corruption/deafness wanted.

DrK
2011-08-23, 02:36 PM
Lupa

Dropping to her padded and armoured knees Lupa coughs and splutters before vomiting on the steel decking. Heretics! she declares. We all saw the signs of the forbidden powers. They must be cleansed with fire and sword!

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 02:55 PM
Atellus runs out farther than the rest of the group. He snaps out of his daze, and collapses on his hands, and knees. His grips his head with a gloved hand, making his long hair a mess. Atellus then feels the blood coming out of his ears, and lightly touches it with his gloved hand, and trembles, his eyes widen at the sight. "What.. What the **** was that!?".

Trembling slightly he looks towards the entrance of the building. He hears them calling at him, tempting him. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" He screams as he fires 6 shots from his compact las pistol into the building.

OOC: Out of curiosity is my charcacters deafness going to go away soon, and if so when?

Brom
2011-08-23, 02:58 PM
Atellus runs out farther than the rest of the group. He snaps out of his daze, and collapses on his hands, and knees. His grips his head with a gloved hand, making his long hair a mess. Atellus then feels the blood coming out of his ears, and lightly touches it with his gloved hand, and trembles slightly, and his eyes widen at the sight. "What.. What the **** was that!?".

Trembling slightly he looks towards the entrance of the building. He hears them calling at him, tempting him. "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" He screams as he fires 6 shots from his compact las pistol into the building.

OOC: Out of curiosity is my charcacters deafness going to go away soon, and if so when?

OOC: 1d10+10 minutes. So not much time at all once this moves to narrative time.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 03:01 PM
Making a Trauma test due to 10 points of insanity. [roll0] vs a Willpower of 51

OOC: Oh crap this isn't good. Rolling for trauma in OOC thread.

"****! I knew I should have shot that bastard!" He yells at no one in particular. Atellus slowly begins to stand up, his mind filled with the sights, and sounds of that wretched place.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-23, 03:37 PM
vs 36 for insanity:[roll0]
Vs 36 for corruption:[roll1]
Vs 34 for toughness:[roll2]

Liesl drops to her knees and vomits into the street. When she hauled herself onto her feet, she dimly felt the blood down her neck. Dragging herself, trying not to sob, over to the van, she leaned back against the wheel, and shuddered.

"Holy throne. Oh emperor on earth."

She leaned against the van for a few more seconds, then hit the rune on the dataslate to stop recording.

Dabone is going to **** a kidney when he finds out how much he's missed.

Brom
2011-08-23, 05:43 PM
OOC: I think it's fair to assume that you're driving the hell away, getting somewhere nice, recovering your sense of hearing, and then continuing through with your attempts to divine the location of the transmitter? If so, Atellus needs to roll to sustain four more times.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-23, 06:12 PM
Atellus shakes his head wildly, and screams mentally, as he bites his bottom lip, and pushes his fingers in the arm rest.

BROM
"No! No! **** you! I know what you are, and what you want! Your trying to trick me! I know what your kind is like! The Emperor is with me!"

OOC: Lol Atellus must look like a crazy person at this point. As for my sustained rolled here they are. [roll0]+5, [roll1]+5, [roll2]+5, [roll3]+5. Wow four consecutive 16's what are the odds of that?

rb780nm
2011-08-23, 07:03 PM
"Wait, we should go... No, let us continue," Iosef says.

DrK
2011-08-24, 01:42 AM
Lupa

Still half deranged and muttering to herself "Suffer not the heretic to live, suffer not the mutant to live...." she staggers sideways still holding her head, "purge the heretic, burn out the mutant"....

As the others start to move away she falls into the comfort of the walls waving weakly at the others to leave. "Suffer not the psycker to live as he shall be one among you".... If anyone comes too close the bolt pistol will be waved generally in their direction- she is clearly still struggling against the strage sounds within the Temple.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-24, 02:29 AM
So is Lupa in the van or not?

"We need to be somewhere else." Liesl said, getting unsteadily to her feet. "I don't know what that was, but the worst case is it was a warning to Alyssa. Which means, as soon as we can find the reciever, we should head there. If we can."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 04:32 AM
Atellus furrows his brow, and grows lightly.
BROM

"SHUT IT! I want nothing to do you, got it beast!? I want nothing to do with you, or your weak, loathsome, Insignificant master's! If you don't get out of my head RIGHT NOW! I swear by the Holy Throne of Terra. I WILL KILL YOU!"

Atellus notices some of his team mates stumbling outside the temple, and Atellus scowles a bit, clearly about to lose his cool and, yells at the people who haven't gotten in the van. "Get over yourselves, and get in this hover right now! We've got work to do!"

DrK
2011-08-24, 04:36 AM
Lupa

Still shaking and pale beneath the scars Lupa staggers upright waving the bolt pistol at the party members still speaking incoherently to herself ...... heretics..... trust...... betray. As she rises still covering the party with the pistol and leaning on the wall with the other she starts to stagger away from the door and the van shaking her head trying to get the music and the heresy out of her mind.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 04:44 AM
Atellus notices Lupa stumbling, and swinging her bolt pistol about, and he growls loudly, Atellus, he shoves himself out of the car, and strides fiercely towards Lupa. Atellus, then grabs the arm Lupa is holding the Bolt Pistol in, and then slaps her with his free hand. "Snap out of it! Its over..." he says in a firm tone as he tries to speak over the ringing in his ears. With that he puts her in the backseat of the hover(that is if Lupa doesn't resist), and goes back to sit up front.

Atellus slumps back in his seat, and gently presses his fingers to his ear, and he tries to drown out the ringing, and the voices in his head, and speaks out loud to Lupa hoping she's snapped out of her stupor.

Atellus sighs, and says "Look it'll be alright we just have to focus on the mission. Arbites are tough, and don't get distracted by little things like this, right?

OOC: Edited in regards to the not hearing anything.. Thing

Brom
2011-08-24, 11:40 AM
OOC: Er.. Has my characters deafness passed already?

OOC: Not as such, no.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 11:52 AM
OOC:@Brom Ah ok, I thought enough time had passed by. *Editing previous posts to reflect the deafness* Its times like this I wish I knew telepathy or something. Anyway whats the plan? Do we just keep moving or is everyone going to just sit in the car till we can hear again/stop acting like lunatics?

That, and I hope lupa doesn't shoot me in the head with that bolt pistol because I slapped her. :P

LeSwordfish
2011-08-24, 11:56 AM
I am so paranoid now i am trying to work out the implications of "Not as such".

"Jarr!" Liesl shouted. "Get Lupa into the van, take her weapons, and prep for combat. I need you sharp man."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 01:00 PM
OOC: I've already put Lupa in the car. btw

Atellus relaxes a bit, and becomes much less tense than before.

BROM
"She's waiting for us? Good! It will make things easier on me. Oh, and I am not your pawn daemon. Remember this well. Or you will suffer for this misconception."

A look of anticipation adorns his face, as Atellus picks up one of Liesl's data slates, and begins to type a few words in it. Then hands the slate towards her, and gestures for her to read it, as he massages his ears.

Data Slate

"Liesl. I had another vision of sorts. I believe that the woman we're looking for, Alyssa. She may know that we are coming, and she may be waiting for us. When your ready I'll begin tracking transceivers coordinates. Just be ready for a fight. Lastly the transceivers we have on us. Is most likely informing her of what we say. We either shut up till we get there, figure out how to turn them off, or we get rid of the devices now."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-24, 01:22 PM
Liesl takes the slate, and types on it quickly. "Forgot that. You had vision? Explain further in van. Should go now. Lupa Ill. NEED TO TRACK BUGS, or all wasted."

With that, she clambers into the van and massages her forehead. She should have remembered the bugs. You're slipping. You got out of this easy.

Rolling Tech-use test to turn bugs off in OOC.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 01:49 PM
After strapping himself in his seat, Atellus hands her the bugs he picked up, then he takes the data slate back, and types a few more things in it.

Data Slate

Yeah a vision, don't worry about it, its not that big a deal for a psyker such as I. Just remember what I wrote, and be careful. Also it would be very much preferred if we take her alive. Of course, don't be afraid to attack her if she makes things difficult. Just.. Try to tackle her, or shoot her in the leg or something.

He quickly gives Liesl back the slate, and puts his compact las pistol back in his coat pocket.

DrK
2011-08-24, 03:04 PM
Lupa

Lupa twitches and writhes for another 10-15 minutes on the bottom of the hover car before slowly recovering. She gazes at the others, feeling the horror of what has assialed her mind and body. She gazes at driving seat. LAND THE CAR NOW she barks. She looks around at the others. I have unfinished business. I will meet you back at the warehouse or, if he decrees it, in the sweet embrace of the Emperor.

With that she'll rise unsteadily to her feet, chamber a fresh round in the bolt pistol and prepare for combat. When the van lands she'll nod to the others. "Emperor bless you in your hunt" before dropping to the ground, her face grim and marching back the way they had just left.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 03:29 PM
"Wha... What in the Emperors name?" Atellus says clearly baffled at Lupa's episode. "Is that woman trying to get herself killed?"

OOC: Wha?

rb780nm
2011-08-24, 03:35 PM
"Worry not, I will accompany her," Iosef bustles out of the car and follows Lupa.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-24, 03:52 PM
Having landed the car in sheer shock at Lupa's outburst, Liesl nods at Iosef. "Good idea. Vox us if you need us." She checked her chron nervously. "If you're back at the warehouse when the munitions arrive, tell them to pass everything we know about the incident at the mechanicus on to Handle."

"Emperor go with you, Iosef."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-24, 03:59 PM
Atellus sighs. "I guess its just the three of us now. We should start covering some distance till I can get a bead on the transceiver."

OOC: DM do I need to roll to sustain dowsing again for this?

DrK
2011-08-24, 04:26 PM
Lupa

Lupa motions Iosef to follow her watching the tech priest nervously from behind her flinty eyes. We should travel in a hover car I'd imagine. Its a long walk

On the short ride back to the Temple Shrine she'll say nothing and just watch her fellow acolyte. Waiting to see if he breaks his silence.

Upon landing within a block of the Temple Shrine she'll glance over. Are you armed? How do you want to do this?. She grins slightly, a feral sight, "If its all the same to you I favour hard and fast and without mercy". To emphasise she draws out the combat shotgun and ***** it loudly.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-25, 01:18 AM
DaBone, Heirachy, Brom
"Right" Liesl said slowly. "Within 3 kloms of here- a grid pattern is easiest." She began to mutter as she spoke, drumming her fingers on the wheel. "Too slow though, so start somewhere logical. Where's logical? High up? Near another signal to piggyback off? Would it be near other important places?"

Common lore (Tech) Test to get close to the bug. [roll0] vs 51. If this isn't an option i'll just head to the highest point within 3km.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-25, 06:38 AM
"I think we should fly high, and around the warehouse for a bit. I feel the transceiver is some where near, if we fly in a circular pattern there's a good chance I can find where the transceiver is located."

OOC: DM can you alert me when I find the location already? I'm really curious of whats going to happen when we find the place.

dabone
2011-08-25, 01:03 PM
First rolls then post so I'll edit this one

won't use this 2 rolls but would like to know how much I got
Roll willpower (30) against the fatigue = [roll0]
Roll Intelligence (30) for the way out =[roll1]

Roll Toughness (40) against deafness = [roll2]
Roll Willpower (30) against insanity = [roll3]
Roll Willpower (30) against corruption = [roll4]

As the 3 of them fly towards a high point, Jarr starts to calm down.
Time to recap what has happened : As everything started to go wrong, Jarr wasn't quick enough to understand what was happening. The "music" drained him from his strenght, confused him.. he was looking around the room, everything was spinning.. and then there was running...what were they running from, why didn't that aweful sound stop, how big was this building anyway? It felt they were running forever when they finaly reached the exit, outside everyone acted strange, but Jarr had his mind occupied with his own problems.
voices trying to get the best from him..speaking colder and darker words then Jarr had ever felt.

Jarr hadn't made it if Liesl hadn't started talking to him : Bring Lupa, take weapon, prepare for combat!
those few words were precisely what Jarr needed to snap out of it... orders to follow!

As Jarr shakes his head he answers :
"Yes Ma'am, Jarr sharp!"

Jarr jumped out of the car in order to get Lupa, only to find out she was allready taken care of. Jarr jumped back in, made sure his stubber was still there and focused, still not sure what just happened.

A little confusing returned as the vehicle is turned to the ground, two people leaving..
back in the air it seemed like the worst was over.
we may have lost the first round, Jarr thinks, but this battle has just started, and Jarr would bet his stubber on it, that blood would flow this night.

To Liesl and Atellus

"I'm confused and I don't need details, but what just happened? and what are Lupa and Iosef doing?"

LeSwordfish
2011-08-25, 01:53 PM
Jarr, Atellus, Brom
"Warpcraft" Liesl said shortly. "I don't know anything else. Lupa... Lupa's had a... Sek it. I dunno what's wrong with Lupa. Feth, i hope she isn't warp-touched. I hate warp-touched...sanctioned company excepted, 'course."

Liesl cuts down into a dour silence for a few more minutes. "You know what i should have done? After a torment like that, acting eratically... i should have shot her. Any good commissar would do that. A kindness, in the long run."
She turns sharply, and points at Atellus. "Which reminds me. YOU don't get away with saying "warp-stuff, you wouldn't understand". Sooner or later, I want the details on this vision."

OOC: When the GM is away, the players will roleplay until he returns.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-25, 03:50 PM
Liesl, and Jarr

Atellus scowls slightly at Liesl. "Look lady. Last time I checked I served the Inquisition not you. I'll give you the specifics when I'm good and damned well ready. Until then you'll have to be content with "Warp-Stuff" as your answer."

"As for Lupa.. I don't know whats going on with her. But I do know that shooting members of our team just because they're acting a little crazy isn't going to help us at all. Besides she may do something useful."

OOC
OOC: Are we spoilering all our dialogue to each other? I'll remember that. Also Jarr is the only one didn't get any afflictions.. Lucky bastard. :smallmad:

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-25, 03:52 PM
Edit: Double Post

LeSwordfish
2011-08-25, 04:14 PM
Jarr, Atellus, Brom
Liesl looked mutinous for a moment, scowling at Atellus. Then she turned away, to look out the window. In tones of ice, she continued. "I would have thought that of everyone in this group, you would understand the risks of warp contact, and of what happened back there."

"But... I'm sorry. I meant no offence. This has made me rather fractious."

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-25, 04:31 PM
Liesl, and Jarr

"Liesl, I know full well the perils of the warp, and I know what it can do to a person, and your right sometimes when people are exposed to too much they need to be put down or incarcerated. But this is not one of those times."

after that Atellus sighs and looks at Liesl "But its alright.. Some crazy stuff just happened, and we're all a bit disoriented at the moment. Heh.. What a mess. Its only the first day on the job, and we're already at each others throats." Atellus says with a smile.

Brom
2011-08-25, 06:09 PM
Sustaining the divination, the Warp eventually leads you to the area of your desire. Much in accordance with Liesl's intelligent rationale, it is a small black box, strapped to an extant transceiver tower. It has gone unnoticed in a hollowed out section of the roof, only a small antenna and dish sticking out, both masked to look perfectly natural with the rest of the machinery on the building's top.

OOC: Attelus, Jarr, Liesl, test awareness.

You've found the receiver that the bugs in the Mechanicus temple, and possibly others, send to.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-25, 06:20 PM
Liesl, and Jarr

"Hey I found it!" Atellus says in an excited voice "Its on the roof of that tower, think we can make a landing there?"

OOC
Awareness(32+Awareness+10(42) test [roll0]

Brom
2011-08-25, 07:03 PM
Liesl, and Jarr

"Hey I found it!" Atellus says in an excited voice "Its on the roof of that tower, think we can make a landing there?"

OOC
Awareness(32+Awareness+10(42) test [roll0]

/sadface on the Awareness test, lol. You can land on the roof, plenty of space.

LeSwordfish
2011-08-26, 01:22 AM
Jarr, Atellus, Brom

OOC: Instead of rolling my own awareness test, can i assist Atellus on his, or does that have to be declared beforehand? Rolling vs Perception 40 in case. [roll0]

Liesl brings the van around and lowers it onto the roof under the transceiver. Gingerly dropping onto the roof, she walks over to the foor of the tower and surveys the device.

"Watch out for booby-traps." she warned Atellus.

Brom
2011-08-26, 02:24 AM
OOC: Declared before hand. Are any of you examining it?

dabone
2011-08-26, 04:09 AM
Jarr stands besides the vehicle stubber in hand.
He looks around ready for any form of trouble, feeling that trouble is heading there way.

Awereness vs (30) = [roll0]

DrK
2011-08-26, 05:55 AM
Lupa

GM & Iosef

After waiting for a few seconds she looks at the Tech priest, a strange look on her face. Circle round the back Iosef and head in a side door. I'll sneak in the front". With that she grabs up her shotgun and dog trots towards the front of the Temple.

Once there she checks to make sure she's not being followed by the tech priest, before (after seeing if the music has stopped) heading inside.

Hierarchy9990
2011-08-26, 05:56 AM
Liesl, Jarr.

Before going to inspect the device Atellus makes sure to pick up his Armageddon, then he tosses Liesl her Lasgun as well. "Here. Just in case."

LeSwordfish
2011-08-26, 02:59 PM
Jarr, Atellus, GM
Her lasgun tucked into the crook of her arm, Liesl drew her combi-tool out and advanced on the transceiver.

rb780nm
2011-08-26, 03:03 PM
Iosef heads around the back, hoping the music is still going.

dabone
2011-08-26, 05:01 PM
Liesl, Atellus and Brom

Jarr opens the back of the van (if it is still closed) and takes his greatweapon, putting it on his back and returning to his position, stubber in hand.
"how's it going over there? Should I stay at the wheel and keep the engine running, to make quick heroic escape, or keep position?"

LeSwordfish
2011-08-27, 02:27 PM
Jarr, Atellus, GM
"Cover us while we check the transceiver"

OOC:
I have no idea what to do next, so i'm kinda hoping those failed awareness tests will come back to bite us in the ass.