PDA

View Full Version : Raynn-Verse The End IC

Pages : [1] 2

Raynn
2011-08-06, 08:08 PM
The End: Hero-Fall Issue #1

Hero-Fall Starts here.

As you approach the door of the danger room you expect a crowd. The 200 or so students packing the room and the corridor beyond, but what you find is a few students entering but none forced to wait outside. How a single room that you circled on the way through the highest basement level could fit so many seems impossible to you.

The circular doors open slowly with a hiss revealing the Danger room beyond.

A massive domed stadium, because it was hundreds of times larger on the inside than out, is revealed. The room lined with grey squares and a horde of students. On a raised platform stands the single largest group of heroes you've ever seen assemble in on place, let alone seen in person. Around this group, below on the floor of the Danger 'Room' stand the groups of five.

Among the 20 heroes before you the only one dressed like a normal person steps forward. He wears jeans, a white shirt and a black suit jacket.

"Hello one and all, I would like to welcome you to a pet project of mine that you already know is named the Danger Room Mk. II. My name is Isiah Washington, and I am the smartest man alive.

As you are well aware before you arrived here your groups were asked to decide on a name for themselves before the end of this exercise, what you did not know is that you will each be assigned a supervisor.

As you may not be aware the Freedom League Internation holds claim to 200 members, part and full time. That may seem like a lot but keep in mind that there are about as many Nations in the world, and there are dozens of times more villians. So you have to understand how important you all must be for not only some of your teachers but heroes from outside to the school to take time out to help mentor you. You are the future. You are the people who will lead the Freedom League of tomorrow.

You have each been placed in one of 20 teams of between 4 and 7 members. These teams will be divided into 4 groups of 5 that will directly compete against each other. 2 teams will qualify from each group before facing each other in a tournament to be held towards the end of the school year.

Today's exercise will award -1 points for gross failure or conduct that contradicts the school's code of morals, 0 points for a failure, 1 point for a success after notable damage was sustained, 2 points for a safe success and 3 points if we feel you have acted remarkably."

He raises his hands over his head

"Be prepared for anything, because it's prepared for you!"

With that he claps his hands and the world explodes in a flash of white light.

As you and your new friends open your eyes you see you are each wearing what appears to a uniform like jump suit. You are in small room lined with high tech looking controls, there is no furniture and the room seems to be in the shape of a tube with doors at either end. As you look up you notice a window where there seems to be a night sky outside.

You try to move towards the window and find yourself drifting. 'What happened to gravity' you think. Then you see out of the window. It is the night sky but a little closer than you're used to. You're in space. On some sort of Nasa shuttle or space station, but there's more important things to worry about...

Because it seems your hurtling towards the sun!

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Dextral
2011-08-06, 10:01 PM
Breathe. Keep calm. You're not actually in danger of falling into the sun. You're in Claremont Academy. This is all a test. None of this is real.

No matter how he tried to spin it to himself, he still couldn't shake the fact that he was falling into the bloody sun. They really spared no effort in the special effects department at Claremont. Or they were just nuts. Either way, it didn't matter. He had a scenario to win, uncannily realistic sun or not.

He turned to his teammates. "It doesn't look like we have a lot of time, so we have to move fast. Timelock, you're the fastest out of us. I need you to explore the ship or station or whatever we're stuck in, and quickly. We need to find out what we have to work with. I'll contact you mentally in five minutes if you're not back yet. Go!"

He turned to the controls. Whatever they were, they looked pretty far out of his pay grade. And randomly pushing buttons probably wasn't a viable plan. Unless...

"Kismet, I need you to stay by the controls. You're our back-up plan. If we can't find anything else to move the us out of the sun's gravity than maybe your luck powers could pull out of this. It's a long shot, and I'd rather not rely on even your luck, but if we can't find anything else, at least that's something."

He looked at his other two teammates, at a loss at how he could use them to help his team win the challenge. Maybe if he needed something smashed or someone to fail their drug test he could use them in his plan, but as of now he was at a loss. Yeah, randomly run around in circles and press buttons. Some plan. Alexander ignored his doubts. At least he was doing something.

Which left only Alexander himself. He calmed his breathing, and expanded his mind, letting his thoughts flow freely. Now to see if there was anyone else with a brain on this ship.

Use telelocation to search for any intelligent beings in the simulation.

Sliver
2011-08-06, 10:22 PM
Mike wondered why he was in a space suit for a moment, but decided the code didn't take into account their different powers. Which was concerning, as he looked at Sven, hoping that his teammate's old clothing is underneath that, or still in effect, and that he won't destroy the suit. He looks at Alex for a moment, who tries to formulate a plan. "If Sven is having any trouble with his suit, or anyone else, notify it to me immediately." He hoped it won't happen, but better safe then sorry.

Then he took a few seconds to send his senses away.

Precognition to see what was done to the gravity and course of the ship.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Postcognition to try and get a hint about what can be done and the danger still around:

[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, Mike attempts to use his air walking power to see if there is any air.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-06, 10:43 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/194/rachelnichols013.jpg Kismet

Faith's stomach started doing flips as she suddenly found herself weightless and in a space-suit, but once she started bouncing off of the walls and figuring out how to move herself she got into better form. She grabbed a hand-hold to keep herself steady and noticed the imminent danger in the form of the sun growing steadily larger in the window. "Hoboy...that can't be good!" she squeaked as Alex started taking charge and handing out orders. Not really having a better idea at the time, she did as she was instructed and joined him by the end of the space tube Alex considered the front, taking a gander at the controls lining the walls for any words or symbols that might stand out as helpful. "Is this the cockpit door?" she asked him before trying the door latch or looking around for a button panel to open it herself.

Of course if there was anything to indicate it was an airlock and not a door, she'd leave it the hell alone.

Limos
2011-08-06, 10:59 PM
"Whooaaaaaaaaah, what a head trip." Sven says as he floats gently through space, completely without a means of propelling himself. "I... I can't use my powers like this. I have to touch things, and all I can touch is the suit."

I guess I'll roll Knowledge (Chemistry) to look for signs if the cockpit is still full of air or if it's been depressurized

[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-07, 02:26 AM
Robert Asterion finds his eyes flitting back and forth through the entirety of the area, surveying the pieces of technology with fascination. "Hmm... that looks like an aught-four's transistor... but the control set up seems like a V-47's... could it possibly be a..."

He as his body rolls in the gravity-less space, he spots what lies outside the window. "Oh my scrolls and mazes. Approaching sun."

Robert nods idly at Alexander's commands, not noting that there was one for him... then Faith began eying the same controls.

"Let me take a look at that. Perhaps I can identify the design of this ship... station... wherever we are."

Rolling Knowledge (Technology) to check if Robert can identify the ship's design and ascertain what the controls do, what the doors are, etc. [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-07, 10:12 AM
Dextral:
You sense something else but its fragmented and faint but still a singular unit of life somewhere on the station.

Sliver:
As you flash back in time you see only the Danger room as it was, as you flash forward in time you see the station as if nothing was amiss but you get the distinct feeling something is being hidden from you.

Limos:
As you check the room you find that Life support seems to be functioning normally.
You are able to remove the gloves of the suit easily.

Kpenguin:
You realise after a moment that you seem to be aboard the CENTURIAN Space station. While it lacks technology allowed only in Freedom City due to the Florence-Dimensional-Temporal Pact it is still several time larger than the International Space station. This is why it lacks artificial gravity.

You are able to access the door controls for the entire station but you seem unable to access any major propulsion engines other than those design to readjust a course.

The ships design is that of one large cylindrical core connected to 8 smaller tubes connected to a ring. You are in one of the tubes.

ChronicLunacy:
The Jumpsuits replicate the effect of any worn devices, equipment, armour, etc.

Sliver
2011-08-07, 10:43 AM
Mike is annoyed by the lack of info from his time scan. Having air in the station ment he still had great mobility, so he should scout...

"Can you open all the doors for two seconds?" he says while checking the system himself.

Knowledge tech[roll0]
computers [roll1]

Trying to connect to cameras and security systems.

Raynn
2011-08-07, 02:20 PM
Sliver:
You are unable to access the security feeds of the station through the computers but you known enought about the station to know it requires a crew of at least a dozen.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 02:26 PM

Faith just tried to stay out of the way as the more technical people started to work on the problem. That's not to say she didn't do anything to help, however. She crossed her fingers and waited for a door to open. Until they got out of this room and were able to find some sort of control station or shuttlebay they wouldn't be able to do anything to affect the situation. Still, she hoped for good luck.

I'm going to spend a hero point to give Sliver a reroll on that last computer check. :smallsmile:

Sliver
2011-08-07, 02:35 PM
Can you take 20 on it? I'll take 20 instead if I can

[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-07, 02:46 PM
"Hmmm..."

Robert pushes himself near Faith's position at the control panel.

"Excuse me, but let me... yes. I thought so. Press this button, flip this switch..."

Robert opens up all the doors around the station. As the doors in this particular room open, his bull-lips twist into a smile. "I thought so. This is a CENTURIAN class space station, several times bigger than the International Space Station but sadly lacking in artificial gravity. I can access the controls to the doors from here, but main propulsion seems to be off limits. Well, I can readjust our course... hmmm

Robert plays around with the controls to see if he can readjust the course around the sun or away from the sun or any other direction that wouldn't send the station and everyone in it plummeting to their doom.

Knowledge (Technology) again, I suppose? [roll0]

"This is just one of eight cylinders positioned around a ring. Perhaps one of the other cylinders will give us better control of the propulsion system

Raynn
2011-08-07, 03:25 PM
I'll count the reroll.
As Mike attempts to access the cameras he realises something is blocking him, but this time resisting him through trying to block off the security system.

Though they underestimate him because he is able to get one image to show up on the screen for the team. An image of a young man who looks identical to him staring up at the screen in a purple jumpsuit. A second later the camera goes dead.

As Robert attempts to adjust course he realises that the adjustment thrusters were meant for minute adjustment of courses to stabilise an orbit and that the sort of course chance that could save you all is too drastic for these.

As the doors open at either end of the tube you see an another tube room like this one, likely part of the ring and through the opposite door a large control deck full of viewscreens and consoles around a central tunnel to the lower and upper levels. Wires and components are seen torn out of the console. There are marks of blood and other signs of struggles.

As you move you each one after another hear in your minds "All alone little ones, alone in the dark and void, alone with no one to come for you, hurtling through the endless night. . . are you ready to die?"

kpenguin
2011-08-07, 03:40 PM
"No good. These controls for too fine an adjustment for me to stop this station fro-"

Robert pauses and shivers.

"I wasn't the only one who heard that, right?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 03:50 PM

"Um...no, but thanks for asking!" Kismet responded out loud to the terrifying, disembodied voice. To any looks she might receive due to the lame response, she gave a wince and a shrug. "What? I panicked." she said. "What do you say to a creepy voice in your head anyway?"

She floated into what looked like a control room with all the panels and instrumentation ripped apart and covered in smears of blood. By this point her keen deduction skills had led her to believe that maybe there was something else on the station with them. "Guys? I don't suppose this is like...just cosmetic damage that you technowizards can just work around?" she asked, sounding hopeful but unconvinced. "If not, then maybe we should start thinking of getting out of here while we only have a tan?"

Raynn
2011-08-07, 04:26 PM
TimeLock gets a hero point.

While you're speaking Isiah Washington appears to descend from the tube in the roof of the room. He looks gravely at you all then speaks "I'm sorry everyone, but we'll have to stop the program. One of the other students were injured and Prinicpal Athena wants me to shut down the Danger Room until I can run some diagnostics to see what happened with the safety protocols."

He smiles at each of you as he speaks, seemingly checking to make sure you're all okay.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 04:32 PM

"Oh no! Are they okay?" was the first thought that came to Faith's mind, so of course it immediately went out through her mouth. "Is there anything we can do to help or...I mean, what should we be doing now?" she asked, floating upside down and just letting herself drift by this point.

It seemed like the "Danger Room" had lived up to its name, despite Washington's assurances to them during his speech. She wondered how much that had to needle at the self-proclaimed "Smartest Man Alive's" confidence. He seemed to be holding up well enough, judging by his easygoing manner and smile. He seemed to be more at ease in the horrifying space station of death than the rest of them, that was for sure.

Raynn
2011-08-07, 04:53 PM
"They'll be fine Kismet, But we need to go to the escape pods on this station there the only way to leave the program." Isiah says still smiling.

kpenguin
2011-08-07, 05:06 PM
Robert is startled by Washington's sudden appearance but...

"Okay, sir. Show us the way out."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 05:08 PM

"The escape pods? That's kind of a backwards way of doing things. It's like saying, 'place your left shoe in the boot in order to start your car.' Why can't you just do that flash of light, we're all back in the big room thing again?" she asked, curious. Was the Danger Room broken that badly? Or...why was he still smiling like that? She'd heard of putting on a tough face in a bad situation, but shouldn't he look more concerned about the injured student?

She doesn't get any modifiers on this, but as a small consolation prize any roll that comes up as less than 10 gets replaced with a flat 10. Jack-of-All-Trades eliminates any penalties she might have taken for using a skill untrained. Not sure if this will help in any way, but something seems...off...
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-07, 05:19 PM
Kismet:
You get the distinct feeling something is very off about Mr. Washington.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 05:30 PM

Faith didn't know if that was actually Isaiah or some sort of imposter or even a hologram or something, but a little tingling in the back of her head told her not to trust it. She'd had that little sixth sense for as long as she could remember, warning her of imminent danger, even saving her life by a hair's breadth a couple of times. She always followed that instinct when she felt it.

"Guys..." she said, a little hesitantly as she grabbed a handhold on the wall to steady herself, "stay away from him and don't do what he says. I think this is part of the test. I can't give you proof, but I've learned to trust my hunches and something's definitely fishy about 'Mr. Washington.'"

Notice (just in case): [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-07, 05:44 PM
Kismet:
As you look him over that feeling of wrongness just gets worse and worse, maybe its that the height is slightly off or the skin tone just shy of what it should be but you know this is someone very good at looking like Isiah Washington, but who is deffinitely not him!

Washington smiles.

"There is nothing to be afraid of. It's me Jenny. No need to be afraid. It's just me Isiah Washington."

Sliver
2011-08-07, 05:50 PM
Timelock blinks out for a moment.

Taking 20 on an instant search check on all open parts of the ship.

Raynn
2011-08-07, 06:55 PM
As he searches the ship he is able to ascertain the basic purpose of each area.

Ship Map (http://postimage.org/image/1kuzwxsn8/full/)

Dextral
2011-08-07, 07:25 PM
Alexander nodded at Kismet. He thought there was something off about Isaiah Washington too, but it was good to have confirmation. He sent her a message mentally, not wanting to tip his hand to “Washington. "I sure hope you know what you're talking about, Kismet. If not, what I'm about to do could get me in real trouble."

Alex focused the power his mind onto the seeming Isaiah Washington. Probing the mind of a teacher probably wouldn't go well for him if the was the real Washington, so he hoped Kismet was right about him. He burrowed into his target's mind, searching for the answer to his question:

Just who the hell are you?

Use communication (Mental) to send the message to Kismet and Mind Reading (8) to mentally probe Isaiah Washington for the answer to the question "Who are you?"

Raynn
2011-08-07, 08:18 PM
Dextral:
You find what seems like an exact copy of your own mental defense stopping you. Though it seems he required extra concentration to keep you out of his head.

Gain a hero point.

His eyes show a look of concentration for a moment then it fades and he looks at Alex with a smile

"It seems little PX-11. . ."

he stops for a moment and then his features reform into those of Alexander

"that you're no longer the only psychic in town."

Alexander Mk II grins still then turns into her true form

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2008/11/veranke.jpg

"I am everything you are, all your powers, your thoughts, your hopes, your dreams. You can not hope to defeat me. Surrender now and I will be merciful. Do not and you will die long before we reach the sun."

She speaks with a refined german accent.

kpenguin
2011-08-07, 09:53 PM
The mind of Robert Asterion is ever working, always bursting with trains of thoughts. Very rarely is it unified into one thought and, indeed, it is not now. Still, there is one thought that burns brighter than the rest at this moment.

SKRULL

The Kid Minotaur's hands ball into fists as he stares at the alien in front of him.

"Who... what are you? You... knew that this was a simulation... you must have to impersonate Mister Washington. Are you a part of it... a glitch in the program... a skrull infiltrated into our danger room?"

He continues tensing, readying for a fight even as he says "Regardless, shouldn't your first priority be getting off of this station before it enters the sun? Why waste your time stopping us?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-07, 10:07 PM
Defense: 18
Condition: Unharmed

"How about we ask her after we kick her butt?" Kismet winked and pushed off of the wall in a burst of motion. Her hands reached out and she grabbed a piece of roughly dagger-shaped, free-floating metal debris, only to spin and fire it at the skrull woman with a deft flick of her wrist. She continued floating to the side as her momentum continued to carry her toward the opposite wall. "Hey, fraulein! Catch!"

(STR [+1] + Throwing Mastery 6 + Object's Damage which I'm assuming is at least a +1 = Damage 8)
Thrown Weapon 8 (DC23): [roll0] (Comes up as an 18 due to Probability Control.)

Raynn
2011-08-07, 10:25 PM
[roll0]
Toughness save for the skrull
Comes up as 20 due to probability control.

She gives Kismet a glare and then pulls the metal from her flesh.
She smiles.

"fangen dummes Mädchen!"

She throws it back.

Raynn
2011-08-07, 10:33 PM
[roll0]
The throw from the skrull goes wide but with the speed it rebounds off of the metal near Kismet's head it would have killed her if it had collided with its intended target.

Sliver
2011-08-08, 02:48 AM
Timelock feared that what he thought of was false, but he had to find out for sure.

"Alex, keep an open channel with me" he tapped his head and vanished, reappearing in the main engine room.

Quick computers check [roll0] to see what he can figure out.

BTW, how does the escape pod area looks and works?

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 04:45 AM
Robert's looks to make a response to Faith's quip, but then the metal started flying. His eyes widening at the Faith's near fatal encounter with the piece of scrap, the man-bull decides the time is more for action than words.

Positioning himself carefully, Robert hurls himself off a nearby wall at the skrull queen.

Right, Charging at the skrull. +2 Attack, -2 Defense. In addition, using a combination of All-Out Attack and Power Attack to get +5 damage, -5 defense. So, in total, damage bonus total of +15, attack bonus total of +8, defense bonus total of... -1. Go recklessness.

[roll0] - DC 30 on hit.

Dextral
2011-08-08, 05:26 AM
Alexander was still shaken from his mental contact with the Skrull. It was like he was trying to break into his own mind. It just felt wrong. All his mental barriers he had trained his mind to create were there, but instead of protecting his thoughts they were keeping him out. It made him want to be sick.

But he had to keep focused. The Skrull was mentally in every way his equal, at the very least. A straight up mental assault would never work. But he had to do something. And quickly. The Skrull's attack on Kismet looked like it would have taken her head off, and something told him not to rely on The Danger Room's safety features.

He sent a mental message after Timelock. "Whatever you're doing, do it quickly. Things are about to get really bad here, really fast."

He saw Robert position himself for an attack. And here we go. He wasn't about to let his teammate go up against the Skrull Queen alone. He would just have to hope he could get through his own mental defenses. On the bright side, since she was using his mental powers against him she shouldn't be more powerful than him. Hopefully...

He focused his mind, and unleashed a blast of psychic force at the Skrull Queen.

Use mental Blast (8) on the Skull Queen. DC 23

Raynn
2011-08-08, 11:47 AM
[roll0] vs. DC 23 Will save.
[roll1] Vs. DC 30 Toughness save.

Initiative order: (I rolled for those who hadn't for speed's sake)
Next:Psychedelic
Kismet
The Skrull (Not a Queen)
Timelock
Kid Minotaur
PX-11

Raynn
2011-08-08, 11:53 AM
Spending a hero point to reroll toughness
[roll0] vs. DC 30

She is Stunned + Bruised (2)

Under the mental assault the Skrull stumbles back wounded but not slowed down. She stares angrily at PX-11 before being knocked across the room by Kid minotaur. Her arms begin to glow in a swirld of colours as she tries to adjust.

TimeLock is able to discern the main controls of the engines and will be able to guide the station away from the sun but it will require his contant attention to make continous course corrections.

The escape pod area are mostly just airlocks connected to small pods that can fit 5 people each, there are only 3 pods. Though there are more airlocks than pods.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-08, 02:38 PM

I don't think the Human Spirit is on our team...is he?

"Eep!" Faith squeaked as the piece of scrap metal she'd just thrown came flying back at her, missing her head by inches. She tucked into a roll and rebounded off of the opposite wall while the projectile spanged off of something behind her. She gave the skrull woman her own glare. "You want to play me at my own game, do you? Your funeral, you slimy bint." she grinned ferociously.

Above and behind the skrull, a large electrical cable, seething with undirected power from the station's generator, just happened to come loose due to the damage to the room. It floated down almost lazily and fell around the alien's shoulders turning her into something like a lightbulb only louder, smellier, and with more sparks.

Perception Range Damage effect for an auto-hit, DC23 Toughness. Probably seen as pure coincidence, even considering her powerset due to two ranks of Subtle on it. :smallcool:

Raynn
2011-08-08, 04:41 PM
Sliver:
What you learned from the computer is in an earlier post:smallsmile::smallsmile:

[roll0] Toughness save for the Skrull

Limos
2011-08-08, 04:46 PM
[roll0] Attack Roll
[roll1] Initiative

Sven pushes off against the wall and lunges at the Skrull woman. With his gloves removed everyone can see the green and orange glowing sludge that quickly pushes it's way out of his palms, giving off a thin stream of green vapor. "Aitch See Oh Two Aitch baby!"

He sails far over his intended target and slams into the opposite wall ineffectually.

Attacking with Acid. On hit make a DC 23 Toughness save, and an additional save next round against the same damage. Also you have to make 2 DC 18 Fortitude saves against Nauseate, succeed on one only.

pfffffffffffffffft, a bloody 4.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-08, 04:57 PM
Here, have a reroll, Limos. :smallcool:
Luck Control HP: [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-08, 05:01 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uses TimeLock's powers to remove one bruised condition bringing her to Bruised (1).
Uses Kismet's powers to use a hero point to no longer be stunned.
Uses Kid Minotaur's Strength and Constitution (still)
Uses Psychedelic's Contact High power
Uses Px-11's Mindshield (still)
Uses her Shapeshift powers to up her own Toughness and Defense.

The Skrull seems able to take the electrocution relatively unharmed. As Psychedelic leaps at her there rainbow light flesh makes it hard to tell for an instant where one begins and the other ends. She seems unaffected by Psychedelic's attacks. After a moment you notice some of her injuries move in reverse, not so much healing as her body reversing to a point where she was uninjured.

A moment later her skin still glowing like Psychedelic takes on the sheen of metal and her considerable bulk increases to make her even larger than Kid Minotaur.

"I am all you are and so much more Children! SO MUCH MORE!

ALL WILL BE PURE!"

With that she charges forward to attack Kid Minotaur as her glowing hands become blades.

Raynn
2011-08-08, 05:08 PM
[roll0] Attack roll vs. Kid Minotaur
If hit he must make 1 toughness save at DC 25
Also he must take 2 DC 18 fortitude saves vs. Nausea due to Psychedelic's copied aura.

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 05:43 PM
The Kid Minotaur's bulk and reflexes serve him well as he puts up an arm to divert the blade and comes out with nary a scratch. Even Sven's nauseating chemicals don't daunt him.

"Oh put a sock in it. Nazis and purity. You sound about as repetitive as a second rate symphony.

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 05:45 PM
Kid Minotaur throws his other arm into an uppercut at the skrull.

All-Out Attacking for 5, Power Attacking for 1.

[roll0] - DC 26 Toughness Save

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 06:26 PM
IF KM manages to land a hit, he's going to use his Improved Grab feat to initiate a grapple and apply more damage via the grapple.

[roll0] - DC 25 damage if the grapple succeeds

Raynn
2011-08-08, 07:25 PM
[roll0] Toughness check 1
[roll1] grapple check
[roll2] toughness check 2
The Skrull is now Grappled + Stunned + Bruised (2)
Also Kid Minotaur must take 2 more DC 18 fortitude saves vs. Nausea due to Psychedelic's copied aura.

The Skrull seems to be disorientated as Kid Minotaur slams her up against the walls of the station, her glowing flesh transfering its chemicals to Kid Minotaur.

Limos
2011-08-08, 07:47 PM
Oh most benevolent mushroom spirit guys! It's Sven again. I come in search of answers most bodacious! Sven thinks as hard as he can while pondering the mushroom images surrounding the Skrull imposter. So like, how do we defeat the Skrull lady?

Spending my Hero point to use COSMIC AWARENESS to get a direct answer from the GM.

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 07:52 PM
[spoiler][roll0]
[roll1]

Raynn
2011-08-08, 08:10 PM
Limos:
Psychedelic realises she must have also absorbed the drawbacks of heroes. PX-11 requires chemicals every 6 hours or suffers horrific migrains that will likely disable her.

He could try to draw the same chemical out her body forcing her to endure the migrains.

Limos
2011-08-08, 08:22 PM
Power Stunting a Chemical Control power then using it to remove the necessary chemicals from the Skrull's body at the cost of Fatigue.

EDIT: Perception range Element control should allow me to pull on it as much as I like. Possibly with the Acute extra and a Limit on the specific kinds of Chemicals needed by PX-11. If not I could stunt a Transform power that turns those same Chemicals into water, Perception range, very heavily limited.

"You are officially no longer welcome to my juju lady!" Sven yells as he takes the insight of his mushroom visions and concentrates hard on the chemicals he knows must be raging through the Skrull's system in order to keep PX-11's migraines at bay. Then he draws it all out of her in an instant detox before collapsing to the ground from exhaustion.

Raynn
2011-08-08, 08:25 PM
"AAAGH!"

The Skrull as her head starts to feel like it's burning from the inside out. She screams for a moment more and claws at her skull. She's disorientated but not completely helpless.

The Skrull is now Staggered + Bruised (2) + Stunned + Grappled

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-08, 08:36 PM

Faith pulled a lightweight throwing dagger from a sheath on her thigh as she crouched against one of the walls and then threw it as she bounced off of it again. "Yeah! Brilliant job, Sven! Whatever you did...?" she trailed off, not really understanding what was going on, but at the same time not questioning the results. Her precisely aimed projectile avoided Kid Minotaur completely despite his close proximity.

Damage 8 (DC23) Thrown Weapon: [roll0]
Probability Control Minimum Result: 18

Raynn
2011-08-08, 08:45 PM
[roll0] vs. DC 23 Toughness test

The blade imbeds itself in her but she seems unharmed.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-08, 08:47 PM
I don't like that. Using Luck Control to spend a hero point and make her reroll it, taking the lower result. :smallamused:

Raynn
2011-08-08, 09:10 PM
[roll0] Re-roll of Toughness save.
She still passes.

kpenguin
2011-08-08, 09:11 PM
"Oh my scrolls and mazes... "
"An excellent maneuver there, Sphen! You'll have to talk to me about how your chemical powers work sometime!"

Kid Minotaur maintains his hold on the skrull. "I still have her held, but she's stronger than I am. Some further application of force in her direction would be most appreciated!

Sliver
2011-08-09, 03:57 AM
Beginning to work on the software quicker than humanly possible, Timelock replied to Alex.

"Try to get her to the escape pods. If she has my powers, only instant death will keep her down. I think we could take her out there."

Raynn
2011-08-09, 04:42 PM
Just waiting on Dextral.:smallsmile:

Dextral
2011-08-09, 06:07 PM
Alex smiled grimly. He didn't know precisely what Psychadelic did to the Skrull, but he got the sense that he knew exactly what she was feeling right now.

"I still have her held, but she's stronger than I am. Some further application of force in her direction would be most appreciated!"

"More force?" Alexander's smile widened. "I think I can help with that."

Alex focused his thoughts and tried to hold the Skrull's mind in place.

Use mind reading (8) to establish mental contact. If sucessful, engage the Skrull in a Mental Grapple.

I'll roll in the OOC thread

Raynn
2011-08-09, 07:27 PM
[roll0] Mental Grapple roll.

The Skrull shakes off the mental assault and then tries to force Kid Minotaur off as well.

Raynn
2011-08-09, 07:29 PM
Grapple check vs. Kid Minotaur's
[roll0]
Used another Kismet Hero Point to remove stunned. Also due to Time Lock's Powers she loses a bruised condition. Due to Px-11's drawback she stays staggered. Since every round she removes it and regains it constantly.:smalltongue:

kpenguin
2011-08-09, 07:31 PM
Rolling dat grapple

[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-09, 08:06 PM
"Alex! Get Timelock to open an airlock!"

Robert holds the skrull like he's ready to swing and throw her.

"Now, my many talented fraulien, let's see if any of my teammates powers let you survive vacuum"

Readying an action to throw the skrull through an airlock once it opens.

kpenguin
2011-08-09, 08:22 PM
Rolling grapple... [roll0]

Dextral
2011-08-09, 08:31 PM
Alex nodded at his burly teammate. While risky, this was probably the best plan they had. He sent the message.

"Timelock, we need you to open an airlock in the general are of where we are right now! We have her on the ropes, but with you're powers it's only a matter of time before she recovers. We have to finish this immediately!"

Alex braced himself against the station wall, and sent a mental message to his teammates to do the same.

"I suggest the rest of us hold on to something. Things are about to get rough."

Raynn
2011-08-09, 08:31 PM
[roll0] Her grapple roll to oppose

Sliver
2011-08-10, 12:29 AM
"She can survive in space, but not navigate" Mike thinks while making the prep. He begins to sweat and breath heavily as the station itself seperates from the normal timeline.

And the air lock is open in a blink of an eye.

Using extra effort to get an alt power feat. Sharing quickness and speed with the station itself. I turn it so the airlock faces the sun and the hatch will close right after the Skrull. Then with Speed and my own quickness to monitor it I navigate the station away, first using the side thrusters to not get into contact with the skrull

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 12:42 AM
Robert sees the airlock open and tosses the skrull through with all his might before grabbing onto a part of the station.

Sliver
2011-08-10, 01:53 AM
As soon as the Skrull is out, the airlock is already closed.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 10:42 AM
The vaccum pull of space grips and you see her for only an instant before she disappears in the black and the light of the sun. The Airlock shuts too quickly to risk any of you being sucked out.

For a moment all seems quiet, and you wonder why the simulation hasn't stopped. Then a second later you hear a thud on the hull of the station.

She has used another hero point.
Which means she's used all 4 of Kismet's copied hero points.

Sliver
2011-08-10, 11:08 AM
Actions for my next turn"That is IT" Mike says. "Think you are smart? Prove it!"

His eyes begin to glow as he reaches into his soul, stressing his willpower further than ever.

"DO NOT FIGHT TIME. YOU WILL LOSE TO THE META" he declares. Blink.

Extra effort to get teleportation, limited to points where the station was. Area, effects objects too, selective, no save, the feat that lets you jump twice. 26 PP sould be enough.

Mike will bring the station back close to the sun and back, but leave the skrull near the sun.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 11:17 AM
The entire station seems to warp and buckle as it lurches backwards and forwards in time. You don't hear any more movement on the hull.

Next round of actions please? Take 2 if you like, if you didn't act last round. Silver gains a hero point.

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 12:09 PM
Robert lets himself drift a little in space.

"...is it over? Is directing our vessel around the entirely unwelcoming nuclear engine that is the sun now our only remaining task? What... just happened?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 12:25 PM

"I haven't a clue...but my stomach is doing flips." Kismet said, hanging on with both arms to a piece of exposed pipe. She looked a little green but otherwise no worse for wear. "Is everyone okay? Is...the station okay? We need to finish changing the station's course of the simulation's not going to end." she said, not realizing that the station had done its fair share of moving already.

Faith hoped that she'd never meet another skrull in real life. That whole power duplication mess was a real pain in the arse to deal with. Besides, where did she pick up the whole space-Nazi thing? Did Hitler go to the moon and no one told the world about it?

She started to bounce her way toward wherever TimeLock had situated himself, hoping she could find some other way to help.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 12:57 PM
The Skrull uses TimeLock's Life support to survive in space.
The uses Shapeshift to burn Psychedelic's chemicals as a makeshift rocket.

Slam attack using Kid Minotaur's Strength + all out (+5) attack + Power attack (+5) + 5 (From Slam movement) on the station.

Damage DC 15 + 5 + 5 + 10 = 35 DC vs. 20 (Steel 10 + taking 10 as it's an object)
Object is dying (Destroyed)

Toughness save vs. DC 25 (for her flying full force into a large metal object)
[roll0]

Skrull is now Staggered + Stunned + Disabled

Roll reflex to see if you grab hold of something or are pulled towards the hole. You could also try to use powers to seal it.

The world explodes in an instant as debris is sucked back out of a sudden hole in the hull of the ship as the Skrull's bleeding body suddenly appears richocheting through the ship at high speed.

Hold on to something!

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 01:09 PM
Rolling reflex.. [roll0]

Robert mutters something that sounds a bit like "...Kobayashi Maru" before clinging on for dear life.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 01:10 PM
Defense: 17
Condition: Fatigued

"What the-" Faith grabbed at the nearest handhold to keep herself in place as loose debris started to launch past her toward the hole in the station. Luckily, the debris was big enough that once a large piece of metal sheeting got stuck over the hole, everything else piled in to keep it shut. "Oh, there goes our perfect score..." she groaned as she held on. For some reason she started looking pretty tired after that. Maybe the test was wearing on her a little bit.

Stunting Create Object off of my Probability Control in order to have the debris seal the hole in the wall. Taking the fatigue in order to save my last two hero points for last minute stuff.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 01:12 PM
Oops. Reflex: [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-10, 01:22 PM
The hole is sealed fast enough that only KM was near enough to the hole to have to grab something before it was sealed and he held on long enough for the hole to be sealed.

The Skrull is trying to regain it's composure near the resealed hole.

Back to the top of inititiative. Skrull doesn't get to act yet.
Also awesome use of powers CL.

Dextral
2011-08-10, 01:53 PM
"What the--"
Alex held on to the wall of the station when the Skrull tore a hole into space

[roll0]

Sliver
2011-08-10, 02:01 PM
Timelock let's himself get sucked closer, stopping in view of the Skrull with air walking.

"You didn't prove to be smart, just a persistant bitch with a death wish." Mike points out.

He might be swating and hardly breathing, but his voice was confident as he looked at Faith "Only time is permanent"

And then a gaze of thousand years locks eyes with the skrull.

Using my Death Touch 8 (perception, lasting 2) twice,spending a hero point for that.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 02:56 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
Just realised after I rolled. She's immune. She has TimeLock's immortality, and Death Touch is supposed to age her to death. Meaning she can't use those powers on TimeLock either for the exact same reasons.

She is unaffected.

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 06:05 PM
"Persistent as Sispyphus, aren't you? I'm afraid that further application of brute force, while loathesomely dull, is quite necessary at this juncture."

With that, Kid Minotaur utters a low bellow and charges at the skrull by pushing off a wall, head lowered, horns ready to gore.

All-Out Attacking for 5, Power Attacking for 5, and Charging. Attack +8, Damage +15, Defense -1.

[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 06:06 PM
Using remaining Hero Point to reroll Attack

[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 06:22 PM
Upon successfully connecting his horns, Robert snorts mournfully.

"I don't want to do this, but..."

He reaches up to grab the skrull by both ends and pull her down to impale her on them.

To protect the team... I'm so sorry.

Assuming I connect with my attack, Robert is going to use his Improved Grab to initiate grapple on the Skrull and deal damage as the grapple action. [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-10, 07:01 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 07:16 PM
Tearing the impaled skrull out from his horns, Robert, tears in his eyes, grabs the skrull's head and smashes it against a wall.

Forgive me...

Robert is going to use Extra Effort to Surge and, with a Hero Point from Kismet?, gain the Finishing Blow feat temporarily to Coup De Grace as a standard action. Full Power Attack, guranteed critical hit.

DC 35 damage.

If she isn't dead by this, she needs to make Fortitude save afterward... DC 30

Raynn
2011-08-10, 07:20 PM
[roll0]

Also Kid Minotaur needs to make 2 rolls vs. Nausea per Psychedelic's aura on her.

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 07:26 PM
Skrull brains and blood and skull and gore splash all over Robert's face as he recoils back in horror, tears streaking down his bull face. A few long still moments pass before he finally stops staring at his blood work and settles down the body and then slumps back, panting and crying, exhausted physically and emotionally.

"Is it... is it over. Can we stop now? Please?"

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 07:32 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 07:33 PM

Faith's hands both went to her face with a horrified gasp the instant before Robert's horns entered the skrull's body and didn't slide down to her mouth until after he was done smashing her head against the wall in a spray of green blood. She floated freely as she struggled not to throw up in a gravity-free environment. Fortunately, the tears in her eyes obscured the terrible scene on the wall. She reached the next bulkhead and turned into it, not sobbing quite yet, but certainly shocked into inaction at the pure violence she'd just witnessed.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 07:36 PM
The room fades after a moment and a split second later the gravity returns to normal and Red One out of his uniform rushes over to Kid Minotaur with a hand on his shoulder "It'll be okay Robert. You did good Robert."

Isiah steps forward and glances over the team.

"You all preformed... outstandingly. You were able to hold your own in the most picarious of positions against vastily superior and more powerful enemy. You are to be congratulated."

He takes a step forward and seems to ignore Kid Minotaur

"You all utilised your powers in ways we... had not expected and did so under immense threat and stress. I am happy to award you a 3. Red One who you have met before will be your supervisor. Your Grouping will be as follows,"

He motioned to the table hovering in the air,

{table]Name: |Score:
The Centurions | 3
The Liberators |---
The 5 Shadows | 0
The Crusaders | ---
The Titans |---[/table]

"It seems with a name like that, we should expect great things."

With another smile Isiah disappears, likely to consult another team who had recently completed their mission.

"Seriously Rob are you okay? Do you need help back to your room?" :smallfrown:

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 07:43 PM
Robert tries to say anything, but it just comes out as blubbering. The minotaur who can speak with an orator's eloquence can't utter a single a clear word, reduced to weeping mess.

He just begins lumbering slowly towards his dorm.

Starsign
2011-08-10, 07:49 PM
Ashley had been relaxing after her simulation. While it hadn't gone perfectly, it did end well, and everyone was unharmed. Her costume was off and she was back into her casual clothing, cleaning her glasses as she was ready to go to sleep... Well, if she could. Insomnia complicates the issue greatly. At the time she hears the door room open. There was about only one person that lived in the same apartment with her. "Robert?" She asks, figuring he was there, finished with his own simulation.

Yes a cameo appearance. I did get permission and discussed this with Raynn and kpenguin :smallredface:

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 07:52 PM
Robert, his face still wet with tears, his entire body slumped over and worn, walks into the room, gurgling something that sounded like a greeting to Ashley before falling onto his bed with a mighty *WHUMPH* and curling up into a fetal position.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 07:56 PM

Faith actually seemed to relax a little at Kid Minotaur's departure. She would feel a little guilty if anyone pointed it out to her, but she started to feel safer once he left. The fact that she was back on solid ground and all the evidence of what had happened gone back into the ether helped, too. The picture of the blood on the wall had seemed so visceral...so...Faith shuddered. It bothered her so much. She sniffed and wrapped her arms around herself, hugging her torso, but tried to sound upbeat when she said, "Uh...go team?"

Starsign
2011-08-10, 07:59 PM
Ashley's face was wrapped with confusion as Robert slumped over to his bed. Her confusion turned to worry as she saw the tears, and then to a suffering sorrow as she sees Robert had suffered greatly. "R... Robert?" Her tone was much quieter now, withered by this sight of what she once knew as a brilliant minotaur. She didn't know of what to say. She wasn't sure what to do. She saw a fellow hero shattered by events she did not know about... Much like how her parents sometimes were in the middle of the night when she was younger.

She felt she could only do what she did with her parents when they suffered like this. Ashley slowly walked up to Robert and wrapped her arms around him slowly, hugging him tightly as a way that she cared for him. Such a familiar action she had done... And in so long too. She had suddenly thought about her own parents and what they have been doing this past year... If they were able to do anything. A few tears came from Ashley's eyes as well as she had thought about it. But she knew now, right now, Robert needed the support eons more than she would ever imagine requiring...

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 08:08 PM
As Robert felt the caring arms wrap around him, he looked back to see Ashley there, tearing up, holding him.

He freezes for a moment and then... lets himself into that embrace, his own arms holding on to Ashley as tightly as was safe.

He lets it all out in his tears, all the emotional turmoil. The past weeks of stress, the discovery that everything he knew was a lie, the knowledge he was created in the form of a monster... and the monstrous act he did. And that look, that look Faith gave him. In that moment he thought he was a monster.

But now, here, with his friend, in this embrace, there was glimmer of hope left. He had his humanity yet.

Dextral
2011-08-10, 08:42 PM
They had achieved the perfect score possible. His team was currently leading the other teams by large margin. They had worked extraordinarily well together under extreme conditions, and defeated a horrifyingly powerful monstrosity. By all rights Alexander should be feeling pretty damn good right now. But he wasn't. Instead, he just felt vaguely ill.

He wanted to say something, anything to Robert as he walked out of the room in tears, but no words came. He just stood in silence. As his teammate walked out the door. Once Robert left, he turned to Faith.

"Yes, 'Go Team.' We did so well don't you think? I especially loved the part where you looked at Robert as if he was some kind of monster when he was obviously having some kind breakdown. I’m sure that made him feel great. I bet he really felt like one of the team then. So, yeah Faith. Go team."

He turned and left the room, trying not to show the tears forming in how own eyes. He would know all about the look of horror she gave Robert. After all, when Robert impaled the Skrull, Alexander was giving Robert the exact same look.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 08:54 PM

Faith recoiled like Alex had just hauled off and socked her in the jaw. "I didn't-!" she protested immediately, but seemed to trail off. Her eyes went down at the floor and she hugged herself tighter. "I mean...I didn't mean to...to..." she sniffed as tears started to roll down her cheeks. She didn't move from her spot when Alex went storming off, too. "I'm sorry..." she whispered, for all the good it did.

She waited until Alex had completely left the room before starting to walk slowly off herself. "Go team..." she said again, sardonically.

Raynn
2011-08-10, 08:58 PM

That night, in the office of one Isiah Washington. . .

The slam as the door was almost punched open filled the room as Red One barged into the room and pointed at Isiah Washington who sat in his leather chair reviewing results on a touchpad computer.

"WHAT THE **** ISIAH! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU GLORIFIED TODDLER WITH A GOD COMPLEX! THOSE WERE KIDS! KIDS! ROBERT COULD BE SCARRED FOR LIFE! THIS COULD RUIN THEM IN THE LONG TERM!"

RED ONE is cut off as Isiah stands with his back to Red one.

"I had to know."

Red One stepped forward and slammed his fist on the table

"What could you POSSIBLY want to know that could be so important as to risk traumatising these kids!"

When Isiah replied his voice was still cold

"I had to know how much Robert resembled his father."

Red One's face creased in rage

"SO WHAT!? You want to see if he was like a monster so you made it he had to act like a monster to save a bunch of innocent kids?! That's sick Isiah! I thought Harlequin had a few screws loose but...!"

Isiah cut him off

"Do you remeber that day, when they were removed from those pods. There were two of them."

Red One seemed to calm for a moment if only out of confusion

"Yes, What does that have to do with anything?"

Isiah hands Red One the pad he's been working on

"They're brothers."

"But that's... it can't...

"I'm trying to find how much like his Father he is..."

he pauses for a moment

"Both of them."

You all get 1pp from this adventure. And your hero points are restored. I'll have the next Issue's first post up in a few minutes.

The end of Issue #1 of The Return: Hero-Fall

To be continued...

Raynn
2011-08-10, 09:40 PM
The End: Hero-Fall Issue #2

"In bed above we're deep asleep,
While greater love lies further deep.
This dream must end, this world must know
We all depend on the beast below."

The Irish midlands, not far from the center of the nation...

The darkness encroached upon their meeting like a glove, fitting and enclosing them in the night. The tallest of them, 7ft or so stood in little more than the lower half of his robe, out of the other two one was merely the silhouette of a robed man while the third was skinned like a lizard but possessed the face of a lion.

"Aggoroth, why do we come to the surface? Do you wish us outcast!"

The Lion tried to whisper but failed. He was standing near the edge of the river shannon and a gaping metal tube had shot up from the earth onto the beach to allow them exit from the Fomorian deeps.

The 7ft man who all for his purple eyes and odd attire stared down at the one who had spoke

"Let Aggoroth make his piece, we meet her because it is the only place we may meet in secret."

The third man kept up his hood as he spoke but he did not speak in whispers like the other two men

"Brothers, gather your tribes-men, because I have asked you here for one reason.

In on the night after next we shall gather our forces and take back what was stolen from us by the upper landers of this pitiful world. We will INVADE their world, in force, and take back the ENTITY! THEN! AND ONLY THEN! WE WILL RETURN TO THE FOMORIAN PEOPLE AND PLACE OURSELVES AS CHIEFS SUPREME!"

The next day at Claremont Academy...

It's your first Friday, and while the other students are planning a day out in Freedom city you've been asked to suit up. Supposedly your supervisor, RED ONE has asked to do your ride along as a team building exercise at the earliest possible opportunity.

Which sadly ruins any plans you had for Friday night.

You've been informed to meet him outside in 10 minutes, ready to go. He'll beside the basketball court.

What do you do?

kpenguin
2011-08-10, 10:13 PM
The morning begins with the sound of a fiddle.

Robert draws the bow back and forth on the strings with mad abandon, the tender sounds of the instrument expressing his sorrow, his rage, his pain... his hope. The song is beautiful yet terrible, sweet yet bitter. It awakens Ashley, early in the morning, before Robert slides the fiddle back into its case with an apologetic look to his roommate

The morning is spent on breakfast, the eggs and ham and toast. He eats silently, contemplatively before heading to the basketball court. His hands in his pockets, he looks around for his teammates.

It was just one night, but comforting of his friend... the playing of the fiddle... the release of all that emotion... some weight had lifted from his heart. He was ready to face the day.

Limos
2011-08-10, 11:16 PM
Sven sits on a bench and contemplates the small bowl of goop in front of him. The bubbling green acid was a ham sandwich and two eggs over easy less than fifteen minutes ago. After grabbing it from the kitchens the addled teen had absconded to a bench outside to test. He puts one finger into the substance and it ripples, then settles into a sticky black bile. Another touch and it turns into a clear viscous fluid. He frowns at the goop sadly, pondering the implications of his powers.

"Enzymes... gotta be enzymes. Otherwise this would be crazy." Ever since he had dug down into his psyche to remove the chemicals in the Skrull queen Sven had found his ability to perceive and transmute organic chemicals greatly expanded. His powers were growing rapidly and in strange and unexpected ways. "Hey Rob, check this out, look what I can do. Is this really happening?"

He touches the viscous fluid and it congeals into a lump of something vaguely similar to meat.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-10, 11:33 PM

Kismet had skipped breakfast, avoiding Robert and Alex because she was under the impression that they hated her. Also maybe a little bit because, try as she might not to be, she was still scared of what Kid Minotaur had done. The night after the simulation she'd just gone into her room and tried to draw in her sketchpad, refusing any attempt by Jill to cheer her up. Hearing that Bobby was crying in his room had only made her feel worse. Still, she just could not shake the tension she felt at being in his presence.

She was also mad. She'd reacted like any normal person, like a lot of the others had at he time, but only Faith had been singled out as the villain. Even now she felt like she should be the first to apologize and wipe the slate clean, but could anyone really expect her to??? Like Alex could expect her to just get over seeing somebody get gored, smashed into a wall, and popping like a green water balloon? Even just then, as she sat at one of the picnic tables in the garden so she could avoid seeing the others until the last minute, she shuddered at the memory.

Finally she couldn't put off heading to the basketball court any longer and headed over. As she came into sight she was noticeably quieter than the other day, when she'd teased Red One over being a power ranger. She pulled her hands into her sleeves and clenched the extra fabric nervously in her hands, not looking Alex or Robert in the eye as she waited for their instructor to speak.

kpenguin
2011-08-11, 12:34 AM
Robert sits down next to Sven at the bench and looks over at his... chemicals.

Sven at least wasn't afraid of Robert. He didn't seem affected at all by yesterday. Robert didn't know whether to find it comforting or unnerving.

"Fascinating. You seem to be controlling the chemical composition of the substance... if I had an electron microscope I bet we could see you changing the very molecular structure... is this new to you?"

The minotaur's voice is tinged with genuine interest. He always did love chem.

Limos
2011-08-11, 12:51 AM
"Yeah, it's like yesterday when I needed to detox the skrull, I pushed past what I could normally do." Sven says. He picks up the chunk of chemically manufactured meat and then lets it fall to the grass as it dissolves into a bland nutrient sludge. "I mean this is good right. If my powers can do things I haven't thought of yet, maybe I can figure out how to turn them off too. I think I'm analyzing the molecular structure on the fly and generating enzymes to form them into new compounds. I can only do organic things, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen things mostly. Most of my acids are just different combinations of those anyway. I do know a bit of chemistry you know, and I'm feeling... not really more lucid, but like... less crazy today."

"You okay with your whole... uh, horn thing? I mean it was a simulation right, and you like saved the day too."

Sliver
2011-08-11, 01:03 AM
Mike didn't go to bed. He was watching Doctor Who all night, trying to distract his mind. Which was hard, considering even not focused, his mind worked 50 times faster.

He wanted to talk to his team about their last victort, but they were too scattered, so he decided to go at it one step at a time.

So he found Faith.

Dextral
2011-08-11, 01:11 AM
Alexander was awake early that morning. He was still shaken from the events of yesterday. He went for a run to try and clear his head, but he couldn't get what happened out of his mind. And that was just a simulation.

He tried to study to pass the time, but he found it almost impossible to concentrate. He gave up, frustrated by his inability to do anything but mope around right now. He just sat with his back against the wall, waiting until it was time to leave.

He felt guilty about what he said to Faith. He was mostly angry at himself, not her. She just happened to be a convenient target at the time. It really wasn't anything personal. Alex sighed heavily. That didn’t excuse his behavior. He had behaved like a jerk to her, and she deserved an apology.

He walked to the basketball court, and found most of the team already there. He tried to catch Faith’s eye, but she wouldn’t even look at him. Only one day, and he had already alienated one his teammates. Give him until the end of the week, and he doubted anyone on the team would even be on speaking terms with him. It’s no wonder he never had any friends at this school. Are you serious right now? Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and go apologize to her. It’s better to do it now than when you are in the middle of a mission.

He saw his other teammates engaged in discussion on a bench, and decided now was as good a time as any. He stood in front of her, shifting uncomfortably from side to side as he spoke.

“I know you don’t really want to talk to me right now, but I just wanted to say I’m sorry for what I said yesterday. I was out of line, and I wasn’t even angry at you, really…. I just…” He trailed off for a moment before saying. “Anyway, I just wanted to apologize before we got into any more trouble. Don’t want you dropping masonry on my head in the middle of a fight.” He smiled awkwardly. Hopefully she would accept his apology, but even if she did he doubted it would be kittens and rainbows between them for a while.

After saying his piece, he noticed that Mike was standing right behind him. "Oh, umm, Hi Mike. How long have you been standing there, exactly?"

Editing because Sliver ninjaed me:smalltongue:

kpenguin
2011-08-11, 01:13 AM
"Perhaps if you can refine your control enough... you can stop yourself from being.. er.. from hallucinating constantly? Lessen the effects of the chemicals on your own brain or nullify them all together by changing their very chemical structure. Maybe you could nullify your acidity as well... let you wear clothes that don't have to be specially made?"

Robert looks off in thought when Sven asks about the horns...

"I'm.. well, my mental condition is far better than it was yesterday. It was a simulation, but... Sven. To me it was real. I felt my self push my horns up into her body, felt her head explode in my hand, felt her insides splatter on my face... she might not have been real but I was. I felt those things. I did those things.

And... the way Faith looked at me after. She must think I'm a monster... and who can blame her. Just look at me."

He shakes his, nostrils flaring. "I'm trying not to think of it much, but... this is not the body of a man. This is the body of a monster and perhaps I have the mind of one as well."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-11, 01:31 AM

Faith found herself bracketed by Mike and Alex when she finally came over to the basketball court. Mike didn't say anything, but Alex launched into a heartfelt apology. She managed to drudge up a smile when he mentioned that she might drop big, stone blocks on his head in retribution. "It's okay, Alex. I'm just glad to hear that you don't hate me or anything..." she admitted, looking down at their feet. "I'm just sorry that I haven't worked up the courage to apologize to Bobby yet. I know it was just a simulation, but it...it freaked me out, okay? It looked so real... It made-" she sniffed and wiped at her eyes quickly, "It made me feel so terrible when I heard he was in his room crying, but I just couldn't...I must look like such a..." she shook her head, trailing off. "I'm sorry."

Limos
2011-08-11, 01:46 AM
"Wait... you have a monster body?" Sven goggles at him, "I had no idea. I mean I can see the Minotaur, but I thought that was one of my visions, you are also a stack of books that walks like a man, music, numbers, sadness and fear. I thought the bookish looking guy was you. Faith is all lucky sevens and four leaf clovers, slot machines and lottery tickets. Mike makes my head hurt, but mostly I just see lots and lots of time when I look at him." Sven moves as if to playfully punch the large boy in the shoulder before remembering his predicament and pulling back.

"Cheer up man. A lot of the people I look at have way worse stuff inside them than you do on the outside." He shudders, "I tried watching CSPAN once... talk about a real horror show."

Sliver
2011-08-11, 02:16 AM
Mike nodded at Faith as Alex came, remaining silent as they talked.

"Ah, I found something I thought you might like, or at least hope you find it amusing" Said Mike and gave Faith an old flipbook of what seems to be an original Donald Duck cartoon design.

kpenguin
2011-08-11, 02:21 AM
Robert gives Sven a small smile. "Thanks, man. Just... thanks."

He looks out at the basketball court. "We have some time before Red One gets here. What do you think he's got planned for us?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-11, 02:33 AM

"That's really sweet of you, Mike. Thanks." Faith smiled at him. She seemed genuinely happy to receive it, and she tried her best to show that she was grateful, even though she was still out of sorts. She was sort of embarrassed about the attention, when she felt they should all be spending their time getting Bobby to feel better... At least Sven seemed to be doing well in that regard. Maybe later tonight, if nothing scarred them for life during their out-and-about with Red One, she'd try talking to him and apologizing.

"I have to show this to Jill. She might get a kick out of it." she said, carefully flipping the pages to make Donald move, then showing it to Alex.

Sliver
2011-08-11, 04:43 AM
"How are you doing?" Mike shows up near KM and Sven, while he can still be seen with Faith and Alex.

"You did very well yesterday" Mike says as he pats KM on the back "I admire your determination and am proud we are on the same team. You took a great burden upon yourself and sacrificed a bit of yourself for the team, and your response to it shows me you are more human than many people I have met."

"You know, I'm a little tech savy myself. I'd like to work on projects with you, if you are interested."

kpenguin
2011-08-11, 05:07 PM
Robert looks up as Mike approaches and pats him on the back. "Thank you too, Mike. Both of you... all of you... thank you.

He beams at Mike's suggestion of working together on some projects. "Yes... yes, I would very much like that as well. Thank you."

Raynn
2011-08-12, 03:13 PM
Red One marches out of the school with a determined look on his face and a courier bag slung over his shoulder he outstretches his hand and says sternly

"To me my board."

With that a long red and silver hover board appears before him. He jumps onto to it and motions for you to follow.

"I'd like to say we have something interesting for today but we're going a bit far afield is all. Ireland. Most of the gate ways to the Fomorian dimension are underground there and there have been reports of an increase in Fomorian outcasts surfacing. This is the reason we're going there, to investigate this only."

He seems haggard and tired, like he's been burning the candles at both ends a lot revently. As he pulls up his sleeve you see two healed punctures like dots near his morpher. He presses something on his morpher and the ground shudders.

As you step back you see the basketball court part and a large stealth jet (http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/lockheed-sr71-blackbird_2.jpg)rise up from some sort of hidden hanger underground.

"Any questions before we get aboard?"

The ramp from the jet descends to allow you to board.

Limos
2011-08-12, 03:33 PM
"What's a fomorian?" Sven asks, raising his hand. "Isn't it kind of early for us to be going on real missions? We've only been here two days."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-12, 04:29 PM

Faith wobbled and set her feet to keep from falling over as the plane rose from the middle of the basketball court. This school kept surprising her. Planes under the ground, now? She didn't really have any questions, though it did sort of amaze her that a jaunt to Ireland was considered a field trip around here. "Can I ride shotgun?" she asked, her spunky demeanor returning a little bit after having talked with Alex and Mike.

Whenever Red One let them, she'd be the first to run up the ramp. She was dressed in her yellow and blue Claremont jumpsuit and had all of her equipment with her.

Raynn
2011-08-12, 06:41 PM
Red One pauses at the foot of the ramp as he sets his board to one side.

"It's not a real mission, really. I know you all aren't up for that yet, emotionally or otherwise. I just wanted to talk to you guys on the fly over and maybe get to know you all a little better, and also to help all of you to get to know each other.

It'll be a fly over, that's all. I'm sure the FLI would have teleported in a team if it was serious."

He finished with a smile ignoring Sven's Reference to the last 5 days as only 2.

"Go on Kismet, get comfy, it'll be a long ride.":smallsmile:

kpenguin
2011-08-12, 07:12 PM
Robert whistles slightly as he looks up at the jet.

"A Lockheed SR-71.... a Blackbird. Impressive. Scaled up, I see... to fit for additional passengers, I presume? My, this school does not hold back on the funding.

The amazement wearing off after a few short moments, the Kid Minotaur nods at Red One ("Yes, sir.") and clambers up to take a seat.

Some time to talk... he looked back at the team. Yes perhaps they did need more of that.

Limos
2011-08-12, 07:34 PM
Sven shrugs, "Fair enough. I want a window seat." He clambers aboard quickly and finds a place to sit and strap himself in. He is wearing his normal black acid-resistant clothing.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-12, 11:08 PM

Faith gave an excited squeak and ran up the ramp as soon as she could and went right to the cockpit, hopping into the copilot's seat. As the others started filing in they heard the cabin speaker system come on and a familiar voice start filtering through. <Passengers, this is your copilot speaking. Please feel free to sit wherever you want, leave all tray tables down, and use your cell phones, because on Claremont Airlines we know it's all bull anyway. This is so cool! *click*>

Dextral
2011-08-13, 12:07 AM
Alexander smiled as Faith positively bounced into the plane. It was good to see her, and everyone else on the team for that matter, recovering from the events in the Danger Room. A relaxing flight to Ireland sounded like an awesome way to end the week.

He climbed into the plane after Faith, pausing before he stepped into the plane so he could speak to Red One. “Any more information on the Formians, or theories on why their increasing activity on the surface?”

Sliver
2011-08-13, 07:48 AM
Mike walked up the ramp, sitting in one of the back seats. "I'm sure that if something actually happens, we'd be able to handle it." Timelock said, looking at Robert. Timelock pulls his phone out and does a quick search as they all take their seats. "So... Can you tell us about how the other teams in our group score in their sim? And what did you put them up against?" Mike tried to innocently smile, which he didn't seem to perform very well.

Checks on the Fomorians:
Computers Gather Info check for 29.
Knowledge History OOC 36. Knowledge Recent Events OOC 15.
[roll0] if applies.

Raynn
2011-08-14, 10:02 AM
Red One turns to Alexander as he sits on the main pilots chair beside Kismet "Their have been rumblings for a few years now, we never got Fomorians above ground until recently. We've heard rumours a little while back the Queen of Blood had killed their political leader over some ancient dimensional door technology rumours a year or two ago and that they've been in chaos ever since. Feuds and internal strife means they've been less of an actual threat to the surface world than ever. It's possible that the greater increase in those coming up to the surface is due to a greater number of people fleeing their home dimension,"

Red one brought the ship into a controlled ascent. Once it levelled off he replied to TimeLock "I'm sorry TimeLock but I'm not actually able to inform you of the other teams scores myself but I'm sure if you asked around you could get a few stories and scores, though not all reliable or true."

TimeLock:
The Fomorians are giants and monsters from Celtic mythology, demons of war and winter who battled the Tuatha De Danann, the ancient Celtic gods.

The Fomorians existed, but were banished from Earth to a hellish netherworld long ago after the death of their leader, Balor. Although the Fomorians and Tuatha dwell in other dimensions now, they apparently both originated on Earth before encountering each other in ancient Ireland. Tales even indicate some intermarriage between the two sides before their final conflict. The Fomorians were apparently creatures that varied greatly in physical form and appearance.

Bres the Beautiful, offspring of Fomorian and Tuatha heritage, was once king of both peoples until he was deposed for his cruel oppression of the Tuatha. He led the Fomorians in a war to reclaim the throne, the war in which they were defeated and banished. Still, Bres apparently survived and went into
exile with the rest of his kind.

Bres once ruled the Fomorians through the power of the Eye of Balor and was Dark Lord of Annwn, but remained exiled from Earth until his supposed recent death. The Eye of Balor is the gathered essence of Balor’s power contained by arcane bindings, but it is raw chaos and energy, making it difficult to control and dangerous to use. Even Bres seemed to use it sparingly and cautiously.

kpenguin
2011-08-14, 02:40 PM
"I hope none of them had to face what we faced.", Robert says quietly.

Raynn
2011-08-14, 03:16 PM
Red One looked up at Kid Minotaur as he keyed in a few coordinates and the jet hit mach 1 with ease.

"What happened in that simulation...
It was...
It was inexcusable...

You never should have been made to go through what you all went through and while I cannot tell you what drove Isiah to program that specific module I ensure you he has been made aware of his grave error and you will never endure anything so horrible in the danger room again.

Are you up to speaking about the experience Robert?"

Sliver
2011-08-15, 12:26 AM
As mike began playing Angry Birds on his phone, he looked up for a moment, "you know, from personal expirience, people who tend to know things, time lords, smartest man alive and so on, aren't easily admitting and seeing their mistakes and rather lie to avoid awkward social interactions. Are you sure he admitted to a mistake and not just wave you off?"

Raynn
2011-08-15, 04:05 PM
With only Mike replying Red One ignores his rude reply to a teacher and returns to the controls

"I'm just looking out for all of you. If you ever need anyone to help, I'll be there."

Then in silence he allowed the craft to reach a much higher speed that you would normally believe it capable of. It seems like he had been keeping it at a lower speed than needed, likely to extend the journey time. A few minutes later Red One spoke.

"La garde noire did a sweep since Cu Chulainn isn't technically a Freedom Leaguer, but that was a few months ago and they only picked up a few young outcasts who we moved to Claremont. No major excursions have been detected. Recently the Fomorians haven't been hostile to surface worlders. If we have to investigate further I doubt they'll risk starting a war by attacking unprovoked but still be on the look out."

A moment later the jet landed with a thud. The ramp descended to reveal a shore covered in grass, dirt and rocks. Jutting from the ocean shore was a large metal tube, like a tunnel. Down the tube was darkness.

"Stay close. They won't attack if they think your fianna under my command, they know me."

With that he descends the ramp unmorphed with his board under slipping under his feet, leading the way. A light on his board illuminating the way.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-15, 04:26 PM

Faith hadn't wanted to talk about what happened in the Danger Room, and it didn't seem anyone else really wanted to either. Maybe they just needed time for the experience to scab over a bit before they started picking at it and examining it. She was real quiet at first, but as the minutes passed she started to have fun being the copilot again, asking questions about the Blackbird's operations, which buttons did what, looking out the windows, etc. She even asked if Red One would teach her how to fly it sometime.

When the plane touched down, Faith unsnapped her safety belt and descended the ramp, taking a moment to walk along the rocky beach and tip-toe into the water. "I've never been to Ireland before. Will we have time to look around some after we're done?" she asked as she jogged back over to follow the group down into the scary tube thing. "By the way, what's a 'fianna'?"

Limos
2011-08-15, 04:36 PM
Sven cautiously edges his way off the jet after Red One.""There's no earthly way of knowing, Which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing..." He recites quietly. "This is a bad scene man. Catching some seriously harsh vibes..."

Raynn
2011-08-15, 06:34 PM
Red One begins to move down the tunnel as he speaks "It's a band of warriors essentially, and I have to say you're not the only one psychedelic."

As he moves deeper down the tunnel, about thirty minutes later, you eventually reach a large cavern, easily as big as a stadium. Much of the cavern is marked by carvings of celtic knotwork or monstrous or mutated statues. The far wall of the cavern is taken up by a veil of shimmering crimson, violet and navy energy. The room is deserted but their are defensive structures carved into the rock.

"That's odd... their should be dozens of Fomorians stationed here on guard."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-15, 08:41 PM

"Maybe it's their tea time?" Faith offered, keeping her voice low for some reason, since she couldn't shake the feeling that they were all being watched. She flicked her wrist and a throwing knife appeared in her hand from somewhere. She started spinning it by the little ring in the handle, just to work off some of the nervous energy.

Sliver
2011-08-16, 02:35 AM
"I doubt that." Mike says, he takes one step and appears next to the shimmering wall.

37 to search the room, 30 to investigate. [roll0]

"Even if on the whole they aren't a threat, a strong enough bunch coming through, could cause trouble.." Mike says, almost to himself as he climbs up the air to get a better look.

kpenguin
2011-08-16, 04:44 AM
Robert felt bad about keeping his silence when Red One asked about the danger room but... honestly, he didn't want to dwell on it right now. He'd had enough of that for now, and wanted to just think about the mission.

And the mission was what he was thinking as he walked down the tunnel, growing unease in his belly. As he looked around at the tunnel walls, he also looked at his teammates... thinking of what the best plan would be should they be attacked.

[roll0]

If there's enough time, KM will try to start formulating a Master Plan

[roll1]

Raynn
2011-08-16, 05:48 PM
Timelock is able to discern what Red One already knew, that they were in an entrance cavern to the Fomorian's home dimension and that it seemed deserted.

Kid Minotaur sees that the space is wide and open towards the back but the area around the veil is fortified so the best plan would be to fall back to the tunnels and draw them out to prevent having to over run a fortified position.

"We should go through," Red One says solemnly as he looks at Kid minotaur "But I'm just here to supervise so that's not my call."

kpenguin
2011-08-16, 06:27 PM
Kid Minotaur rubs his chin, thinking, the looks back at his team. "Fortune favors the bold... and time is of the essence.

My vote is to step in. What do you guys think?"

Limos
2011-08-16, 07:34 PM
"Down the rabbit hole we go, where it stops nobody knows." Sven intones seriously, his face completely solemn. "The only thing to do is hold your nose and jump in."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-16, 11:04 PM

"Fortune's my specialty. I say we go. Besides, I've never been to an alternate dimension before." Faith said, grinning at Red One and continuing to spin the knife on her finger almost as if she forgot she was doing it. "So do we just walk through or...do we need some sort of key? A password? Open sesame?" she asked as the thought occurred to her.

Sliver
2011-08-17, 03:40 AM
Another Mike steps out of Mike and says "well, lets check" he tries to step through.

Dextral
2011-08-17, 11:49 AM
Alexander shuddered as he took in the grotesque architecture lining the walls of the massive cavern. While he knew intellectually that there were entire civilizations beneath the Earth's surface, experiencing the reality of the subterranean world was another matter entirely. He was so focused on the cavern walls that he almost missed the fact that it was completely deserted until Red One brought it to his attention.

"That can't be good. Would it be a cliché to say I have a bad feeling about this? Because I have a very, very bad feeling about this." He looked around at his teammates. "But I can see I'm outvoted on this. All right, let's do it. A trip through an interdimensional portal should be an interesting experience.

Raynn
2011-08-18, 06:26 PM
As the group steps through the dimensional veil they endure a feeling that is not unlike a thousand fingers rapidly tracing every inch of their forms while simultaneous burning hot. When they emerge on the other side they are smoking but otherwise unharmed.

Before you all is a large hill, in a realm where the sky is a deep read and twin black moons hang lazily in the night sky. At least it seems like the night. The clouds are black like the shadows of colossal beasts filling the horizon. You wonder is somewhere high above their are horrible beasts actually casting those shadows.

The earth below your feet is barren and worn away and riddle with rocks, leaving a muddy and uneven surface. High about the hilltop is a large fortified castle town. The stuctures are mostly constructed of large rock blocks though some portions seem to use concrete and smaller portions appear metallic. Lights, seemingly fires, can be seen on the battlements and the faint sound of commotion and harp music drifts on the cold winds towards you.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-18, 06:37 PM

Faith shivered, despite the feeling of being burned all over, and gave her entire body a shake as if she was trying to get something disgusting off of her. "Ugh...I feel all wonky. Might have left a bit of me behind back in that cave." she squirmed. She wasn't looking forward to doing that again on the return trip.

She spotted the fires and the fortified hilltop village some ways away and scampered atop a nearby rock in order to get a better look of their surroundings. "Hey, I hear music! Maybe they're having a party and forgot to send the new guards out?" she asked rhetorically, already knowing that probably wasn't the case. "I don't really see any other alternative than to go up there and see what the commotion is." she decided as she dropped back down from the rock.

kpenguin
2011-08-18, 06:57 PM
Robert looks up at the hilltop village contemplatively, before looking at his teacher.

Um, sir, you said these Formorians know you? I suppose we should let you take lead up there... any tips you want to give us on not offending the natives? I'd, um, prefer not to provoke a fight.

Sliver
2011-08-18, 11:23 PM
Mike comes out of the portal hardly breathing and shaken as he was flooded with intense flashbacks of the world he left on his first trip. He quickly regains himself but the mental exhaustion visible.

Nodding to the plan to move ahead, a distortion in time is created when another Mike shows up and speeds away.

Fatigued.

The other Mike is scouting ahead...

Raynn
2011-08-20, 01:20 PM
"If a Fomorian threatens them threaten them back. Kismet if anyone asked you're married, and pick someone to lie about so you're not obviously lying if they ask, make sure it's a warrior. Power is respected but escalating a conflict needlessly is not. Never draw a weapon first or hide one, including mutations etc. Also never refuse a gift...."

Red One shook his head as if trying to forget something then made for the gate of the keep.

He marches on leading the group but following behind SCOUT-Mike.

"It's Morphin' time."

With that he dismisses his board and makes the rest of the walk on foot, morphed.

As SCOUT-Mike reaches the large metallic gates they slowly grind open with a noise like nails on a chalkboard. A moment later a group of a dozen or so obvious mutants stand in the path of archway.

Each seems at least slightly abhuman, though all share the same bipedal shape.

Their leader, though the tallest amoung them at 7 ft or more is also the most human. His shoulders and head were shrouded in purple flame and his torso was left bare.

He looked down at the Mike who stood before the group and merely said "Who, and who's, would walk upon Fomorian soil from the overworld? Cé a bhfuil tú? I am Moraíth, Chief of Bhaile Dhearg. What is your business beyond the veil?"

Oddly the Fomorians who stand behind him seem more curious than aggressive.

Sliver
2011-08-20, 01:28 PM
Mike establishes eye contact and speaks with confidence "I am Timelock, a protector of the ages and part of the Centurions from Claremort. We came to investigate the reason of Fomorians crossing dimensions recently. I would also like to inquire where is the guard that is supposed to be posted outside the dimensional gate?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-20, 01:33 PM

"I have to be married?! Oh, brilliant. We're dealing with backwards, sexist, misogynistic primitives." Faith grumbled nearly constantly during the walk up as she pulled another one of her carefully hidden throwing knives and stuck it in plain view through her belt along with the one she'd been playing with before. "Let me guess, 'WOMAN NO SPEAK UNLESS SPOKEN TO. WOMAN NO EAT AT MAN'S TABLE.' I'll show them what a woman is...<grumble, curse, grumble>"

She crossed her arms and pouted as the gates opened, but wisely shut up as the Fomorians stepped out to greet them. She didn't look like she was having the best interdimensional vacation anymore, though.

Raynn
2011-08-20, 01:49 PM
Red One whispered into Kismet's ear as they walked in "actually women have mostly equal rights if they're warriors here, it's just any man can fight your commander for a right to your hand in marriage, as a 'you get the strongest worthiest etc' idea. I'd just rather not have Robert or I have to fight over a custom and some Fomorian teen's split second decision. Especially since it would mean you'd have to try and use your powers to fight to get out of here in the end and Isiah warned me not to let you use... Just be careful."

Moraíth looks saddened for a moment then speaks"The Beast's men have guarded the gate of late since the kind Queen slew the old King but... many now doubt that the gate should be guarded as it bridges only to your world. Many cry for invasion, others an embassy..."

Moraíth is cut off as he sees Red One approach his frown turns to a smile and his flames die down till only his eyes are lit. He rushes forward and embraces him in a hug "Red, Last son of the house of One, I did not know noble Timelock was of your Fianna! Where is the wife Bio? The boy Soul of house Meta? Or Synapse the Quick?"

He speaks like an old friend. He begins to ramble to Red One as he compliments each of the Centurions in turn. He motions to Kismet about something to do with binding houses which Red One seems to cut off.

After a minute or two Moraíth begins to lead the group inside the keep as his warrior guard bows their heads towards their guests "Prepare the hall! A feast for the honourable Centurions and their mentor!"

Several young children of varying mutations race about the group in excited curiosity as they are shown inside a metallic smooth walled hall with a large oak table of medieval design.

"Robert, as the leader of these Fianna sit upon my right. Red my friend as an honoured guest upon my left. Come we must speak. Times are for once changing in the Annwn, but let it never be said that Moraíth hospitality ever falters."

As he speaks servants prepare plates of food and goblets of mead while also tying to adorn the group in cloaks of multicoloured furs.

Sliver
2011-08-20, 02:02 PM
Timelock smiles at Robert as he is refereed to as the leader and places him two seats to the right of Moraíth, seating himself on the right of Robert. ScoutLock seems to have gone on a quick walk, looking around the place as the feast is happening.

Mike was glad that he couldn't vomit and that his stomach was a pretty ignorable organ, like the rest of his insides... Otherwise he couldn't eat anything after that dimensional trip, and that would just be impolite.

As he looks around, and then turns to Red, "Are we allowed to film?"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-20, 02:07 PM

Well, that seemed to calm her down a bit, but it was still assuming that the woman had absolutely no choice in the matter so even though it burned less it still burned. "Men..." she let out an exasperated sigh and shook her head. "But, wait, what did Isaiah-"

Faith was cut off when Moraith did everything but give Red One a bro-fist. It was actually sort of cute, that the seven-foot tall guy wreathed in flames could be rolling out the red carpet like that, asking about Red's family. "Wife?" Faith giggled. She bet that the vampire hunter lady had probably taken the Fomorians customs even worse than she had.

She started to blush heavily when Moraith mentioned "binding houses" so casually, but Red had warned her so she tried to take it in stride. She played with the children a bit as they were led into the feast hall and gratefully accepted the multicolored furs when they were offered. "Oh my god, these are so pretty!" she gushed. "Thank you!" she touched her hand to her heart and smiled in case they didn't speak English. She wondered if she should be giving a gift back in return, but she didn't know who to give it to. She put that on the backburner for now until she knew more about Moraith's family -- which ones were his wife (wives?), children, etc.

kpenguin
2011-08-20, 02:56 PM
Leader...

Robert raises a single eyebrow at Red One and then at Mike as he sits. Why was he leader? He wasn't.... oh.

The minotaur looks around the room, at the variously mutated Formorians. These people respected strength and skill at arms and, of all the Centurions, Robert was the biggest and the strongest. Of course he'd be the natural pick for Moraíth to choose as leader.

That's all this was, right?

Impressed by the display of furs and plates by the Formorians, KM nods at Moraíth's declaration. Right, time to get his diplomat on.

"Indeed. Ever shall we speak to our companions of the generosity presented to us by Moraíth

It was true. They were likely to talk about this for a while. More in the terms "Oh man, there was so much food", but there would be talk.

Raynn
2011-08-20, 03:11 PM
Red One nods to Mike's question as Moraíth begins to speak, mainly towards Robert and Kismet "You say you seek to know why few or none of our men guard the veil, to understand this I must first explain the nature of the veil. There are multiple gate ways to alternate realms in the Annwn. One leads to Avalon, others to realms less visited by the races of your world. The one you passed through is the only one leading directly to your realm."

He seems solemn for a moment "After the one we call the Kindly Queen came from your world and slew the old king their has been a battle for succession. The less war like Fomorians who worshipped the White Beast eventually won out. Their leader and a personal friend, known as Aggoroth pulled back those guards he had placed at the gate. Many believed he planned to follow a peaceful accord with your world but then he began to outcast those who spoke out against him, sending them through the veil. Most saw this as reasonable, an age without needless bloodshed they said but... I am not so sure. He claims that the lands above are owed to us and that we may only reclaim the White Beast if we head to the surface. He claims that he will take only the land that is rightfully ours but... he worries me. He speaks in an odd tongue and I have heard rumours that he whispers with the dead. I worry that our fragile peace may be shattered by his ways."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-20, 03:25 PM

"What happened to the Kindly Queen?" Faith spoke up. "Doesn't she have anything to say about this?" she asked, latching on to the idea of a female authority figure. She still didn't know who the White Beast was, but she didn't want to offend Moraith by asking too many questions.

Sliver
2011-08-20, 03:26 PM
With Red's answer, Scout-Mike pulled out his phone and started filming around, looking for the Fomorian's place of worship.

Mike pulled his phone, which now existing in two places at the same time, allowed him to see what was being filmed. But that he already saw with his other eyes, so he poked at Robert and gave the phone to him, if he was interested.

Mike thought to himself for a moment, then opened his mouth to question a worry "you don't think there is a risk the Eye of Balor will be used, do you?"

Raynn
2011-08-20, 03:39 PM
"Ellen the Kindly Queen left, by right of combat she took the eye of Balor and I must admit I am happy it is gone. It caused too many sorrows for my people and turned more than a few men mad,"

Moraíth then turned to Kismet.

"She departed for your world, and I must say we mourned her departure greatly."

Oddly SCOUT-Mike finds no obvious places of Worship.

Sliver
2011-08-20, 04:06 PM
Mike tries to look across the table to see Red's reaction to the mention of Ellen. It might be bad news, and it could go even worse if Bio found out. They should keep it to themselves until they find out more... He hoped Red wouldn't bring it up.

He was now sorry to bring up such a subject spontaneously.

While ScoutMike continued to look around for anything out of place, he started asking about Aggoroth, hoping to find out anything new about him.

"Do you suspect there might be something happening undercover? A new group trying to stir things up perhaps?" Timelock was unsure of the situation, it felt wrong.

Dextral
2011-08-20, 04:35 PM
Alex accepted the cloak of furs with a silent nod of thanks before taking a seat at the feast table. He eyed the food warily, wondering just what a primitive warrior culture from another dimension ate as fine cuisine. He decided he really didn't want to find out, and sipped lightly at the mead while he listened to the conversation.

He tried not to let the fact that Robert was assumed to be the leader bother him, but did bruise his ego a tiny bit. And the Formians did value physical strength as their greatest virtue, so their opinion of didn't matter much to Alex in the end. At least he didn't have to worry about being married off if he caught the eye of an overzealous Formian warrior, like Faith did. He stifled a giggle when Faith turned a bright shade of red when Moraíth mentioned 'joining Houses'.

He waited until everyone was done talking before he began to speak.

"Wait, so the supposedly peaceful leader of the followers of the White Beast is the ones sending people to surface, in addition to all this other suspect behavior like talking to the dead? Doesn't that seem, well odd?" He waited a bit before adding,"Also, forgive me for asking, but out of curiosity what exactly are the 'lands owed to you'?"

Raynn
2011-08-20, 04:53 PM
"A very long time ago the lands above, including all of Eire belonged to the Fomorians, but most have made their peace with the Annwn and few truly wish to war with those above. Most soothsayers caution against going to the surface. Communing with spirits is not unheard of, though uncommon, I had thought that it was an effort to see others points of view. I had hoped he communed with the many souls that passed between this world and the world above of late. I myself recently communed with Mordred slayer of Arthur in respect to a matter of war not two decades ago on his way to the mortal plane. It is a noble art among my people. Though an external group could be corrupting my friend madness is also sadly common amoung my people."

Sliver
2011-08-20, 04:57 PM
"What will you do if war will happen? Will you all side with your leader, or each is free to choose his own path?" Mike asks as he moves some food to his plate, beginning to taste the local delicacies.

kpenguin
2011-08-20, 05:16 PM
The mighty minotaur politely eats the food splayed out before hiim as he listens intently on the conversation. He turns down Mike's offer of the phone, not wanting to offend his host by diverting his attention.

Limos
2011-08-20, 06:03 PM
Sven looks around the Fomorian city with a bemused smile on his face as they are led in by the strange creatures. He nudges Robert with his elbow and whispers to him. "Man these guys are something else. I don't think they think in the same ways we do... or at least you and most other people do. Reading their auras is like reading the reflection of a book through a cracked mirror. Nothing is where it usually is."

With his piece said the boy gives his full attention to the meal, gobbling up various foodstuffs that immediately dissolve and sizzle the moment it enters his mouth. Sven wipes a small stream of bubbling green acid off his chin as he continues to devour the food ravenously.

Raynn
2011-08-20, 06:34 PM
Moraíth pauses at Timelock's question "I cannot honestly say what my choice would be... but I have reason to believe I may have to make that choice very very soon..."

kpenguin
2011-08-20, 07:01 PM
Robert nods gravely. This was not good, not good at all. It seems a war was about to brew down here and was going to spread up to the surface. He glances at Red One, trying to ascertain his reaction to all this... and finding nothing but an impassive helmet.

Raynn
2011-08-20, 07:48 PM
Red One finally spoke from behind his helmet, and when he did it was with an air of authority

"My kin and I will go speak with this leader of yours. If he worships the White Beast then we have a common concern, hopefully we can come to a peaceful accord and allay his fears. Unless my warriors have other plans?"

kpenguin
2011-08-20, 07:59 PM
Robert shakes his bull head.

"As you wish, sir"

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-20, 08:04 PM

"Sounds good to me, boss." Faith acknowledged. She couldn't really think of doing any different, after all. If this guy was intent on invading Ireland they should probably do what they could to stop him before war broke out.

Limos
2011-08-20, 08:26 PM
"I don't think I have any other plans.." Sven pats at his suit for a moment. "I forgot to bring my appointment book so I can't really be sure."

Sliver
2011-08-20, 10:10 PM
"Excuse me, but how do you show your faith?" Mike finally asked that question "You don't seem to have any publicly visible places of worship."

Dextral
2011-08-21, 02:11 AM
"Count me in. You know me, I'm always up for interrogating extra- dimensional warlords.” Alex said with a smile. “And it’s not like I have anything else to do this weekend.”

Raynn
2011-08-21, 05:36 PM
Turning to Mike Moraíth replied "To the White Beast? How could we? The White Beast has been gone for near to 4 winters nows. Some believe surface worlders Stole her."

Some time later, after the feast is over. . .

With the customary pleasantries the group readies themselves for the path towards Aggaroth's keep, isolated from the main Fomorian settlements and the capital city it is known as the White Citadel.

At the edge of the keep as you prepare to leave and make your way through the forest Moraíth stops you all "Are you sure that this is wise my friend? To walk straight into the lair of he who might well be your enemy?"

Red One merely pats the much larger man's shoulder and with a flourish of his new fur cloak leaps upon his board and leads the way down towards a forest on the other side of the hill.

Once you are all out of earshot of the camp Red One says "Are all of you alright? I..."

At the edge of the forest he stops the group and looks up.

A moment later you notice what he does. About a half dozen red lights in the sky, in a close cluster.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-21, 05:45 PM

"I have a pretty new cloak and my virtue remains intact. I'd consider that a win." Faith replied flippantly before she followed the tilt of Red's helmet toward the sky. She put her hand up to her eyes to shield herself from the glare. "Um...should we take cover?" she asked, not able to tell straight away if the lights were coming toward them or just some strange phenomenon of Annwn.

kpenguin
2011-08-21, 06:15 PM
The Kid Minotaur points his bull head up into the sky, spotting the red lights. He turns his head to Red One.

"Do you think that's friend or foe? Should we preparing to greet or fight?

Raynn
2011-08-21, 08:08 PM
"I... I don't think I've ever seen a Gorrilla with a machine..." As Red One was about to Finish one of the assailants hit down knocking him flying off his board and far back.

Descending with jet packs burning on their backs are 6 gorrilas wearing SWAT like attire and body armour and wielding machine guns suited to their size. Each of them bare a large black thunderbolt on a red circle on their backs.

Their fur is black and the largest of them shouts

"Für SCHATTEN! Gegrüßet seist du SCHATTEN! Tod den Centurionen! Lassen Sie sie nicht erreichen die weiße Festung lebt! Gegrüßet seist du SCHATTEN!"

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!

Initiative of Gorillas 5
You may act immediately if you have a higher initiative.

kpenguin
2011-08-21, 08:29 PM
"Mister One!" Robert roars as Red One is shot right off his hoverboard. He turns his gaze to look at his opponents.

Nazi. Jetpack. Gorillas. Robert's hands ball into fists. The bull's nostrils flare as he snorts. He'd had just about enough of Nazi anything.

"As much as I loathe physical altercations...

The Kid Minotaur leaps, literally, into action, throwing a flying punch at one of the gorillas

"Sometimes it is most expedient in the face of aggression most heinous.

Full all-Out Attack, +5 to attack.

[roll0] - DC 25 Tough.

If Robert hits, he'll grab the gorilla with his Improved Grab feat and throw it as his grapple action at another.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Raynn
2011-08-21, 08:38 PM
Gorrilas' Defense +4, base Toughness save +9
5 Unharmed
1 Bruised + Grappled

[roll0] Vs. DC 25 Toughness save
[roll1]

Kid Minotaur slams his fist against the jaw of the nazi gorilla rocket shock trooper and graps him as the two large creatures try to gain the upper hand in the physical struggle.

He is easily able to lift the gorilla above his head and thrown him at one of his comrades as he roars in beastial german.

Raynn
2011-08-21, 08:51 PM
4 Unharmed
1 Staggered + Stunned
1 Unconsious + Bruised

Toughness roll for Gorilla used as a weapon [roll0] Vs. DC 25
Toughness roll for Gorilla hit by weaponised Gorilla [roll1] Vs. DC 25

As the first gorrilla flies through the air, set loose from Kid Minotaur's grapple, it collides with another with a sickening thud that leaves one unconsious and another badly hurt and confused.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-21, 09:42 PM

Faith didn't know what 'SCHATTEN' meant, but she didn't like the sound of it. She also didn't like it when people shot at her English teacher! "You know," she said innocently, "You guys could poke someone's eye out with those things." and smiled. She let one of the gorillas point his machine gun at her. She wondered what the tendency on one of those was to jam? What about all of them? You know, jetpack technology could get pretty shoddy sometimes, too...

Power stunting a Nullify effect off of Probability Control that lasts for until I feel like using Probability Control again.
Nullify Machines 10
Extras: Nullification Field [+0], Sustained [+2]
Power Check: [roll0]
Hero Point to cancel fatigue.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that I might be limited by PL to 8 ranks, so if that's so just bring it down to that and the power check down to 18 and add the Selective power feat so I'm not turning off Red One's glider or anything someone else might be carrying.

Limos
2011-08-21, 09:56 PM
"Let's pump ourselves full of magic monkey juice and take a trip to space land..." Sven mumbles before sprinting at the nearest Gorilla and grabbing for it's arms with both hands which drip with opalescent fluid.

[roll0] - Initiative
[roll1] - to hit
Using Paralyze, on hit make a DC 18 Fortitude save. Failure means they are slowed, Failure by 5 or more and they are paralyzed and helpless.

Dextral
2011-08-21, 10:00 PM
"What in the actual what." The sight of several large simians wearing jetpacks, and threatening them in German would have been almost comical if they weren’t a carrying several high caliber machine guns

He leapt into action after, aiming his mental powers at his nearest foe.

“Say Avita Zein you overgrown chimpanzee!”

Use Mental Blast (DC 23) on an undamaged gorilla

kpenguin
2011-08-21, 11:03 PM
As the Kid Minotaur admires his handiwork, the gears in head wind and click. Those symbols... familiar. And what had they said... his mind translates...

"For SHADOW! Hail SHADOW!. Death to the Centurions, let them not reach the white fortress alive! Hail SHADOW!"

Of course! These apes were...

"Guys! These sinister simian scoundrels work for SHADOW! They don't want us to reach the fortress. Clearly, SHADOW has something to do with Aggoroth's behavior"

Sliver
2011-08-22, 12:58 AM
Mike hums to himself teenage mutant nazi monkeys as he slides between the apes, "take deep breaths." Air freeze! Burst area selective suffocation 8.

[roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-22, 08:30 AM
All Fire arms and comm devices are inactive
1 Unharmed
1 Staggered + Stunned + Suffocating
1 Unconsious + Bruised
1 paralyzed + helpless + Suffocating
1 Bruised
1 Suffocating

Paralyze
[roll0] VS. DC 18 Fortitude

Mental Blast
[roll1] VS. DC 23 Will

Suffocation
[roll2] VS. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll3] VS. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll4] VS. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll5] VS. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll6] VS. DC 18 Fortitude

Raynn
2011-08-22, 08:39 AM
Suffocation saves
[roll0] Vs. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll1] Vs. DC 18 Fortitude
[roll2] Vs. DC 18 Fortitude

Raynn
2011-08-22, 08:49 AM
Attack on Psychedelic:
[roll0] Attack roll, DC 20.

Attack on Kid Minotaur:
[roll1] Attack roll, DC 21.

The other two suffocating gorillas merely move into positions to help their still standing allies next round.

The now suffocating gorilla Psychedelic attacks tries to swing back as the only unharmed one charges Kid Minotaur.

The other two suffocating gorillas merely move into positions to help their still standing allies.

Sliver
2011-08-22, 01:32 PM
Mike examines his sorroundings as he walks high above the apes, maintaining the air frozen in time around them.

More of the same.

kpenguin
2011-08-22, 02:08 PM
"Nice try, you damn dirty ape!"

Robert blocks the rampaging gorilla's assault with one arm while throwing a punch at the ape aggressor's abdomen with the other

Full All-Out Attack (+5 Attack/-5 defense) and 60% Power Attack (+3 Damage/-3 Attack)

[roll0] - DC 28 damage

If Robert hits, he'll use his improved grab to grapple the enemy and slam him to the ground (grapple action to damage, free action to let go)

[roll1] - DC 25 damage

As Robert slams the gorilla to the ground, he pauses for a moment. "Oh my scrolls and mazes. I can't believe I actually said that."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-22, 04:57 PM

"I think I've had just enough of all this monkey-business." Faith giggled as she twirled a throwing knife on her finger, spun, and launched it with a flick of her wrist at one of the non-suffocating apes. She aimed to disable, not kill, taking out tendons and motor-muscles instead of trying to penetrate any important internal organs.

Maintaining Nullification Field.
Throwing Knife (Damage 8): [roll0]
Hero Point: 1d20+8=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3159838/)

Dextral
2011-08-22, 05:55 PM
"And I've had enough of monkey puns! Let's finish them!"

Alex once again blasted the nearest Gorilla with a bolt of psychic energy.

Use Mental Blast 8(DC 23) on the least damaged Gorilla

Raynn
2011-08-22, 06:43 PM
All Fire arms and comm devices are inactive
1 Unconsious + Bruised
2 Unconsious + Stunned
1 paralyzed + helpless + Suffocating
1 Bruised (2) + Suffocating
1 Suffocating

Kid Minotaur
Toughness Save [roll0] vs. DC 28
Toughness Save [roll1] vs. DC 23

PX-11
[roll2] vs. DC 23 Will save

Please PM Kpenguin PX-11's appearance as soon as you can.

Kismet
Toughness Save [roll3] vs. DC 23

TimeLock
Fortitude Save [roll4] vs. DC 18
Fortitude Save [roll5] vs. DC 18

As the battle rages on most of the Gorillas are quickly dispatched.

As Kid Minotaur knocks one unconsious by slamming it into the dirt another is downed by Kismet.

Finally only 2 remain, both suffocating and one already hurt.

kpenguin
2011-08-22, 06:58 PM
Robert turns his bullhead to the remaining gorillas, before looking over at Mike.

"Give them some air, Timelock. We might need them to talk."

He brushes himself off and smiles at the gorillas, showing off his very not-herbivorous teeth. When he speaks, he speaks in German.

<I'm afraid the battle is lost on your end, my puerile primates. I, personally, would prefer not to engage in any more fighting, but I'm not sure I can say the same for my timecontrolling fellow over there.>

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-23, 12:07 AM

"Bobby's right...we can't just kill them." Kismet added in support of their fearless leader. She kept up her bad luck field on their jetpacks and weapons, however. Faith didn't want the primates getting any ideas about getting away or attacking once the Centurions' guard was down. She already had another throwing knife twirling on her index finger in preparation to put down any continuing resistance.

Sliver
2011-08-23, 01:18 AM
Timelock released the time grasp on the air with a nod, but he wouldn't just do nothing. The grasp of time was invisible to all but him.

Subtle snare 8 on the unharmed ape.

Limos
2011-08-23, 01:38 PM
"We could always hand them to the Fomorians. If the apes are trespassers in this realm they might wish to deal with them..." Sven offers from the back of the group. "I don't think we should really cart them around with us... though I suppose I could just melt them if you want... That would probably be too evil." He frowns in thought, tapping his foot and stroking his chin.

kpenguin
2011-08-23, 01:53 PM
Robert blanches and glances at Sven. "No... no melting."

Dextral
2011-08-23, 11:20 PM
"I agree with Sven.” Alexander paused for a moment before clarifying. "Err… not about the melting thing, I meant we should let the Formian's deal with them. They don't seem like the type to allow groups like SHADOW operating on their turf. Especially if Robert is right, and they're manipulating Aggoroth into starting a war."

He turned towards the incapacitated Gorillas.

"Before we do anything, however, I'd like to see if I could get any useful information out of them. Getting into their heads shouldn't be too much of a challenge."

Alex scanned the surface thoughts of the one of the suffocating Gorillas, attempting to discern what he was currently thinking.

Use Mind Reading (8) to discern the Gorilla's surface thoughts.

Raynn
2011-08-24, 01:17 PM
[roll0] Vs. DC 18

PX-11 is able to discern that the apes were working on behalf of an Agent of SHADOW, going by the name of Agent Colo Beta. Seemingly he is at the White Citadel discussing matters relevant to SHADOW with Aggoroth.

Just as PX-11 learns this Red One approachs

"Is everyone alright, is anyone injured?"

Limos
2011-08-24, 01:34 PM
"All my pieces are where they are supposed to be." Sven says, checking himself over. "I'm pretty sure two is the correct number of arms... But don't quote me on that."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-24, 01:39 PM

"They didn't really put up much of a fight after their equipment mysteriously malfunctioned..." Faith said, clasping her hands together at her belt and looking exaggeratedly innocent. "So what do we do with them now? Call Mr. Moraith?"

Raynn
2011-08-24, 02:46 PM
"I don't know if we have time. Get the information we need then have Mike knock them out." Red One said while pulling his board's tip out of the ground.

Dextral
2011-08-24, 02:51 PM
"We're fine, they weren't a problem for us". Alexander allowed himself a prideful grin as he spoke, that swiftly vanished as he rememeberd what he learned from the gorillas.

"But never mind that now. We have more important things to worry about. I learned something from the minds of the Gorilla's." Alexander paced back and forth before speaking to Red One.

"Do you know of a SHADOW agent named Cola Beta? Because he's inside the White Citadel meeting with Aggoroth. Right now".

Ninja'd so hard:smalltongue:

Raynn
2011-08-24, 04:33 PM
"SHADOW... I wouldn't think they had the resources to engineer these creatures... We need to get to the White Citadel. Now. Pay Aggoroth and Colo Beta a visit."

He leaps back onto his board.

"Knock the gorilla's out and move out."

He flies ahead and motions for you to follow. He's moving towards a spire like silhouette in the distance.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-24, 11:21 PM

"Shotgun!" Faith said as she hopped on the back of Red's board and threw her arms around his waist. She just grinned up at him and snuggled her cheek into his back if he looked at her or said anything. Maybe she had a teacher crush, or maybe she just liked making Red feel uncomfortable.

Sliver
2011-08-25, 04:54 AM
Mike tighetened his grip on the air, keeping it frozen long enough to take the apes out.

"Should we just leave them here like that?"1

Raynn
2011-08-25, 03:44 PM
As the gorrilla's pass out Red One merely nods in response to Mike and heads towards the citadel. Not far off you see the Fomorian camps ringing a large marble like white tower that comes to a point several times higher than the highest point of Moraíth's keep.

The Fomorian camps surrounding the structure seem to be grouped into small groups like military camps. In one place you see a more modern looking tent, pitch black and you can assume from its markings it is the temporary dwelling of the SHADOW shocktroopers you encountered.

You are at the edge of a slight rise overlooking the camp and the tower. It is still night.

What do you do?

kpenguin
2011-08-25, 06:02 PM
The Kid Minotaur silently lays himself down on the ground to keep inconspicious as he looks over the entire complex. His minotaur keen eyes allowing him to make out the area in the shadowed darkness of night, his mind begins noting the layout of the area, the positioning of camps, the location of the SHADOW tent, all in relation to the White Citadel.

He begins plotting the best route to the center.

"If we can spare the time, I can try and formulate a plan., he whispers.

Rolling Knowledge (Tactics)
[roll0]

If the team gives him enough time, KM will begin making a Master Plan.
[roll1]

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 12:13 AM

"So SHADOW's not even bothering to hide themselves, then? This alliance must be pretty public..." Faith ruminated aloud, but quietly as she ducked down a bit, too. "I should be able to sneak in, no problem, and take a look around. I'm not sure we could take the whole camp if things go to hell. Maybe we should try getting past them and go directly to Assgraboth?" she asked, slaughtering his name, possibly deliberately judging by her little smirk.

Sliver
2011-08-26, 03:52 AM
Mike does a quick scan of the camp by quickly running on the air from above, and if still unnoticed, through the camp too.

[roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-26, 01:11 PM
Kid Minotaur has time to formulate a plan as Mike scopes out the camp in detail. Mike finds a less guarded servants entrance that is close enough to the path towards the citadel to allow you to reach it before you are noticed. A handful of Fomorian's guard the entrance but you should be fine if you can take them out before they sound the alarm.

Sliver
2011-08-26, 01:19 PM
Mike points at the servant entrance "There are only a few guards there. But we need to be quiet so Faith, no flashiness, alright? Lead the way" he turned to Robert, sharing speed with the gang.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 01:34 PM

"Who, me?" Faith looked genuinely surprised. "I'll have you know I am the picture of subtle. Just look at me in my bright yellow and blue...jumpsuit..." she frowned. "My point still stands! It's not like I'm going to throw lightning bolts at them or something..." she pouted and followed the rest of the group.

Stealth: [roll0]
Minimum result: 20

Raynn
2011-08-26, 02:51 PM
The group easily progresses to the camp, keeping to the shadows and moving between huts in the shadow of the citadel itself. When you get close enough to the entrance you can see a half dozen fomorian's guarding it of varying appearance. From the sounds inside you can tell a banquet is ending and the attendees seem to be leaving through the front exit.

kpenguin
2011-08-26, 02:51 PM
Robert shakes his bull head."Too many people makes it easier for us to get caught. This is a scouting mission first and foremost. Faith, you go on ahead without us. You're fairly stealthy and your luck might come in useful. Alex, link us up telepathically and Faith tell us what you're seeing through that link.

If you get in over your head, start retreating and we'll come in after."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 03:10 PM

Faith crept forward, looking for a way into the keep without being detected. She avoided the servants' entrance, since any distraction big enough to get the guards away from the door would probably draw more Fomorians from inside, too. She didn't want to have to deal with more big, beast people than absolutely necessary.

That's when she noticed a series of cracks in the wall beside her and grinned. She kissed her charm bracelet and went over to investigate, getting a handhold in the lowest crack and testing it for weight. She spared a quick glance in the direction of the servants' entrance, then carefully began ascending the wall. To the others, watching her from a bit farther away, it would look like she was sticking to the wall like a lizard or insect as she made her way over the wall.

Faith paused near the top, listening for patrolling guards, before lifting herself up over the ledge.

Spending a hero point to negate fatigue for power stunting Super-Movement: Wall Crawling. Three left.

Raynn
2011-08-26, 03:36 PM
As Kismet climbs onto the Balcony she sees that she is on a corridor which overlooks the banquet hall on the first floor. At the Chief table a cloaked figure hurriedly discusses something with a large gorrilla with a golden hammer.

Kismet cannot make out what they're saying at such a distance but sees the other guests have almost all left at this point.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 03:51 PM

Wanting to know what they were talking about, Faith quietly dropped into the main room. She used one of the tapestries lining the walls to slow her fall so that her feet wouldn't slap the ground when she landed, and immediately rolled underneath the nearest table. They were long, banquet style tables so she was able to crawl all the way across the room until she was near enough to eavesdrop.

Raynn
2011-08-26, 06:01 PM
As Kismet listens she hears only snippets of the conversation

"...SHADOW will pay handsomely for slaves..." "... the purpose...?" ".... experimentation... duplicating the DNAscension..." "... in return...?" "...tanks, weapons to attack the surface..."

Dextral
2011-08-26, 06:31 PM
Alex nodded at Robert's command, responding with a telepathic message. You got it. I'm contacting her now.

He reached out with his mind until he found Faith

Faith, it's Alex. Have you found anything of note yet? Also, I'll be monitoring you're thoughts so I'll know if you get into trouble. Feel free to make 1984 jokes now.

Mind Reading and Communication(Mental) to contact Faith

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 06:34 PM

Slaves? Faith mouthed silently. Was the chief guy even considering that kind of deal? If he was, Faith either hated the way things worked down here or hated this guy in particular. Slave trading was looked down upon by most if not all surface nations for a reason, after all. She tried to slide over to the side and get around the throne so that she could hear more than little snippets of their conversation. She needed to at least hear if this guy was going to accept the offer or not before reporting back to the others.

Hey Alex, there's another gorilla guy here trying to get Asagog or whatever his name is to trade Fomorian slaves for tanks and stuff to attack the surface! He said something about DNAscension and experiments...I'm going to try and get closer to listen in better. You'll know if something goes wrong.

Stealth: [roll0]
Minimum Result: 20

Raynn
2011-08-26, 07:57 PM
As Kismet moves closer the conversation stops and the gorilla Agent Colo Beta rises from his chair and motions for silence from the hooded figure. He takes his hammer in his hand which Kismet can see from under the table is marked with arcane markings and germanic script.

He begins slowly checking under the tables, sniffing the air.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 08:00 PM

Uh oh...uh, guys? I think the gorilla with the ham- Donkey Kong might have smelled me or something. If I make a run for it they're going to spot me. Faith reported as she actually hid behind the throne. Hopefully, by being closer to the chief his rather more pungent smell would hide hers. Maybe you could uh...get ready for some sort of distraction out there, maybe? I might need it soon!

Dextral
2011-08-26, 08:51 PM
"Guys, Faith found something. Colo Beta is bargaining with Agorawhatever to trade Formian slaves for weapons and tanks to attack the surface. She also mentioned DNAscen-wait." Alex stopped talking, the look of focus on his face swiftly turning to one of fear.

"Faith's in trouble. She's trapped, and it sounds like the they're closing in on her. She's asking for a distraction, and we better come up with one. Fast" He looked around at the rest of his team, before replying to Faith.

Don't worry, we got your back. One distraction coming up.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-26, 09:00 PM

Don't jump the gun! I'll tell you if and when I need it! We don't want to give ourselves away if we don't have to. Just give me a second... Faith replied, the tension in her "voice" coming through as a sort of flavor or vibe, maybe a color in Alex's mind's eye. Just be ready!

Limos
2011-08-26, 11:56 PM
"Time to let slip the dogs of war..." Sven mutters. He slaps at his biceps and thighs, which begin to glow with a swirling opalescensce as they bulge and swell beneath his black resistant clothing. The stringy teen grows nearly six inches in height and swells with grotesque musculature as the chemicals surge through his system. "Just give the word boss." His newly baritone voice rumbles softly.

Using Boost 8 on myself to give me 8 Strength for the next 8 rounds.

Sliver
2011-08-27, 05:42 AM
Mike had a couple of clones ready. A distraction is what they needed, and an air running speedster was ready to deliver.

A clone was ready to start knocking shadow tents down when he gets the signal.

Raynn
2011-08-27, 04:54 PM
The Colo Beta now stands over the King's throne smiling, sniffing the air but not looking at her.

"Found you, Fraulein."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-27, 05:31 PM
Defense: 22

Nevermind! Distraction now, please! Faith thought, her sudden urgency making the words ten feet tall in Alex's mind's eye. Going to try to talk to Agobob, but Donkey Kong doesn't look like he wants to be friends!

She fought to remain calm, knowing that she just needed to stall the Nazi gorilla for a few seconds so that her team could do their work. Faith calmly got up and walked around the throne and into plain view, putting a little slink in her walk and a smile on her lips as if she was having fun. "Oh darn, and there I was waiting with baited breath to hear the answer to your little proposition. You realize it's insane, right?" she turned so that she could keep both Aggoroth and Colo Beta in view. She made sure to stay out of easy reach as she continued. "Trading your own people into slavery? Really? How many of them will support you after they find out about that?" she asked earnestly, trying to get Aggoroth to think twice.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Initiative if Needed: [roll1]
Going for Total Defense.

Raynn
2011-08-27, 08:35 PM
"Many, you realise Slavery is completely legal in our culture? I assume not upper worlder."

Aggoroth gets up to leave

"If you want my assistance so badly then you kill the spy Colo. I have no wish to harm a child."

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-27, 09:09 PM
Defense: 22

Oops...

"Oh, well, uh...it shouldn't! And you should feel bad about it!"

Nice recovery, girl.

Faith turned toward Donkey Kong and gulped. So he had to kill her to seal their deal? That didn't sound fun at all...whatsoever. She backed up a bit toward the throne. "Uh...niiiiice monkey..." she squeaked through the lump in her throat. Then she leapt onto the throne and threw herself toward one of the hanging tapestries, trying to gain the height advantage and get out of the range of his hammer. It would probably hurt a bit if he managed to tag her with a swat from that thing.

Total Defense again. Move action to get clear of angry gorilla man.
Acrobatics: [roll0]

Raynn
2011-08-27, 09:11 PM
though in character let her be confused, he was referring to Kismet as the SPY, the 7ft gorilla isn't really a spy, he's an agent which isn't inherently the same thing. He was talking to Colo Beta not you. Sorry for the confusion.

Sliver
2011-08-28, 12:57 AM
A Mike appeared next to Faith, standing on the air next to the throne. "Don't want to attack kids? Whab about the big boys?" He smirks as he looks to be in his fourties.

Behind Faith another clone appears. "Lets move it." He says.

Aging Stare against the hammered foe. Speed 6 shared with Faith from the other duplicate.

Raynn
2011-08-28, 04:50 PM
Um... how did Mike get into the locked room several stories up? Kismet climbed the wall I'm pretty sure?
I've been asked to extend the issue so I will.

Sliver
2011-08-28, 05:25 PM
Air walk and speed?

kpenguin
2011-08-28, 05:40 PM
I'm going to go ahead and assume ol' PX-11 gave us the signal. If that isn't the case, I'll edit

Robert snorts loudly. "Right then, distraction time."

The Kid Minotaur stands up tall on the edge of the outcropping.Oh my scrolls and mazes, I can't believe what I'm about to do. I'm going to regreet this so much.

The minotaur ROARS down from his position, his powerful lungs carrying his voice over the camp.

"FOMORIANS OF THE WHITE TOWER"

The minotaur LEAPS DOWN from the outcropping into the camp.

"I, ROBERT ASTERION. SON OF THE BULL. LEADER OF THE CENTURIONS. MOST CUNNING CHAMPION OF CLAREMONT. DO CHALLENGE YOUR KING, AGGOROTH TO SINGLE COMBAT!"

Well, at least Faith might escape in the rounds of laughter that were sure to follow.

Raynn
2011-08-28, 07:19 PM
As Faith and Mike disappear form behind the throne and appear behind Robert on the outcrop Aggoroth steps onto the balcony throwing away his cloak revealing his true appearance. (http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1546143-ageofxmagneto_super.jpg)

"ROBERT ASTERION, SON OF THE BULL. LEADER OF THE CENTURIONS. CHAMPION OF CLAREMONT. I, AGGOROTH, SON OF HOUSE REILL, KING OF THE FOMORIANS, DO HEREBY ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE OF HONOURABLE COMBAT FOR RIGHT OF INVASION!"

He outstretches his hand behind him and Colo Beta's hammer flies suddenly into his hand as if drawn to it.

He glides over the edge of the balcony and descends to the earth as a crowd begins to gather.

"IF YOU ARE VICTORIOUS, I SHALL SEND COLO FROM THIS PLACE AND THERE SHALL BE PEACE IN OUR TIMES! IF I AM VICTORIOUS YOU WILL ALL REMAIN HERE, AND WE SHALL READY OURSELVES FOR WAR!"

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!
Also Hero Point to Robert.

kpenguin
2011-08-28, 07:43 PM
That was probably wholly unnecessary, wasn't it?

Robert looks back and sees Faith, safe and sound. Mike handled it before anyone could even think Yup. Wholly uneccesary.

Well, no stopping it now. If they left now, such a dishonor would surely cement the partnership between SHADOW and the Formorians. He gives an apologetic look to the rest of the team.

I know it was stupid. I'm sorry I got you into this guys. If I lose, run. He thought at them, as loud as he could. Hopefully Alex was listening.

I accept your terms, Aggoroth, King of Formorians."Robert marches before King Aggoroth and sets himself into a battle position. "Ready when you are, your majesty."

No damage, 4 HP. Let's see how long I can last.

[roll0]

Dextral
2011-08-28, 07:51 PM
Alex walked down the slope to stand behind Robert. When he gave the signal for a distraction this wan't quite what he had in mind, but too late now. Best just to roll with it and hope for the best. He walked forward, and said to Robert in a voice dripping with contempt and more that loud enough for the Formians to overhear, "How much longer is it going to take before you finish disposing of this fool? You're obviously his superior, how much longer before you best this weakling"? He finished gesturing dissmisly at Aggoroth.

His telepathic message to Robert, however, had a much different tone.

I'm going to give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you know what you're doing. So I'll just ask. Can you beat this guy? I need to know, honestly. Because if you can't beat him, we're going to need a new plan.

kpenguin
2011-08-28, 07:56 PM
I don't know. Maybe. I honestly didn't expect him to expect, but life makes fools of us all. Tell Mike to get you all out of here if I lose.

Dextral
2011-08-28, 08:47 PM
Like that's happening. We're in this together. You're not the only one with a fondness for stupid heroics. Besides, I have an idea. We might be able to get out of this alive after all.

He backed to the side, his eyes searching the crowd for his intended target, Colo Beta. He didn't know much about SHADOW, but what he did know suggested that they wouldn't use something as danger and unpredictible as the Formian people without having a contigency plan, some way to control a being as powerful as Aggoroth, in case he ever turned on them. A weakness, perhaps. If anything like this existed, it was almost certianly locked in Colo Beta's mind. It didn't take Alexander long to spot him, the massive gorilla stood out even amongst the varied Formian people. "Got you" he whispered to himself. He reached toward the gorilla's mind, taking extra precaution to remain undetected. He might not be able to fight an alien warlord in single combat, but pulling a piece of information out of the mind of an enemy agent? That? That he could do.

Use Mind Reading (Rank 8) while power stunting the subtle extra to probe Colo Beta's mind to see if he knows if Aggoroth has any weaknesses

kpenguin
2011-08-28, 10:21 PM
Whatever you're about to do, Alex, be careful. These people believe in honor. If they find out you're helping in me in a duel, then we'll lose any chance of winning peace

Recommending that you power stunt Subtle onto your mind reading so Agent Colo Beta doesn't feel you rooting around in his head.

ChronicLunacy
2011-08-29, 12:28 PM

"Well, this is one way to solve the problem..." Kismet said, sounding worried. Bobby had managed to scare her, but Aggoroth was a complete mystery. He looked like a big human and not a Fomorian, and he looked like he knew how to handle himself. "Bobby, be careful..." she said, probably not loud enough for him to actually hear her as she had remained up with the others.

Faith sought out Colo Beta in the crowd, wondering if he still intended on smashing her flat or if this had superseded that plan. She caught sight of him when the golden hammer flew into Aggoroth's hand. It was almost unfair, that Aggoroth was suddenly armed, but then Faith remembered the huge horns on Bobby's head. Her teammate wasn't completely defenseless. She wondered if she should try to help Bobby, to give him good luck or give the Fomorian leader bad luck, but she remembered what Red One had told her about using her powers among the Fomorians. What had he meant? If she tried to use them, would they know and call foul?

Sliver
2011-08-29, 12:37 PM
Mike's clones vanished as he tensed, ready to aid Robert in his own way. He didn't want things getting out of hand, but he couldn't intervene in this battle. He won't have issues with timing his power, and if it would work, it could help Robert without his opponent knowing what hit him...

With +12 Initiative, I won't bother rolling. Timelock readies an action on Robert's attack. During the attack, Mike will use Forget in attempt to make Aggoroth forget about the attack Robert is making, so it will make him see it as if it came out of nowhere. It's Subtle 2 DC18 will save memory alteration. Hope to use it to make him surprised.

Raynn
2011-08-29, 03:45 PM
PX-11:
Did you power stunt subtle?

Time-Lock:
As you move carefully into Aggoroth's mind you find you are stopped by powerful psychic defenses.

Combat:
Aggoroth Initiative:
[roll0]

Aggoroth throws the hammer towards Robert's head, whether it strikes or misses it returns to his hand soon after.

Raynn
2011-08-29, 03:47 PM
Aggoroth AttacK:
[roll0] Attack roll

DC 27 toughness save if it's a hit.

Dextral
2011-08-29, 04:10 PM
I thought I did, but I guess the edit din't take:smallredface: Editing my post now

kpenguin
2011-08-29, 04:34 PM
It begins thinks Robert as he ducks his head under the flying hammer. He dashes towards Aggoroth with the speed of a bull, intending to knock him over come hell or high water.

Attempting to OVERRUN! Improved Overrun means Aggoroth cannot choose to step aside.

Rolling trip attempt. Opposed by Strength or Dexterity, whichever is higher.
[roll0]

kpenguin
2011-08-29, 04:40 PM
Yes! Natural 20! Okay, if Aggoroth doesn't save against that, Robert is going to EXTRA EFFORT to SURGE. He'll turn around and hammer a blow down at Aggoroth. All-Out Attack and Power Attack on full. Also activating Robert's MASTER PLAN as a free action. He gets an additional +2 to Attack and skills for the next 3 rounds.

[roll0] 19 on reroll - DC 30

If Robert hits the prone Aggoroth, he'll grapple for damage and then let go as a free action.

[roll1] - DC 25 damage.

Raynn
2011-08-30, 07:18 PM
[roll0] DC 30 Toughness save
[roll1] DC 25 Toughness save