PDA

View Full Version : Obtain an aligned aura?

WarKitty
2011-08-06, 10:45 PM
Suppose I, for some reason, wanted to obtain an aligned aura similar to a cleric or paladin. Suppose further that I would like this so that it functions based on my HD rather than my levels in a specific class. Is there any RAW 3.5 way to do this?

Cerlis
2011-08-06, 11:00 PM
as a template no (though you could easily use the fact that DMG, MM and Savange species asks you to try making Templates of yourself, and all it would do is give you an aura , thus being LA 0)

however any Good race (like a lesser assimar) would do it. i believe.

point of fact. I believe everything has an aura of their aligmnent (except neutral) its just alot weaker if you arent an outsider or a champion of your plane (paladin)

so a Lawful Good fighter i believe still has an aura of Law and Good, its just about half as strong as a paladin of the same level.

but i'm guessing you want a stronger one.

WarKitty
2011-08-06, 11:21 PM
as a template no (though you could easily use the fact that DMG, MM and Savange species asks you to try making Templates of yourself, and all it would do is give you an aura , thus being LA 0)

however any Good race (like a lesser assimar) would do it. i believe.

point of fact. I believe everything has an aura of their aligmnent (except neutral) its just alot weaker if you arent an outsider or a champion of your plane (paladin)

so a Lawful Good fighter i believe still has an aura of Law and Good, its just about half as strong as a paladin of the same level.

but i'm guessing you want a stronger one.

Yeah pretty much. I'm looking for a way for a champion character that doesn't actually have one of the Designated Champion Classes to be able to register as such. Preferably one that can be applied to an existing character rather than having to be designed in at character creation.

Coidzor
2011-08-06, 11:26 PM
Bards can get an aura of chaos via the feat chaos music from dragon 326, IIRC.

edit: unfortunately, can't seem to get access to the text to double check. I believe, however, that it becomes dependent upon character level rather than bard class level after obtaining the feat.

Zaq
2011-08-07, 02:19 AM
Incarnates get such an aura, but that's just shifting the problem, really.

Elric VIII
2011-08-07, 04:04 AM
Bards can get an aura of chaos via the feat chaos music from dragon 326, IIRC.

edit: unfortunately, can't seem to get access to the text to double check. I believe, however, that it becomes dependent upon character level rather than bard class level after obtaining the feat.

You are correct. In that same article there are 3 other feats that grant an aura of chaos based on ECL.

Anarchic Feats (Dragon 326 pg80) allow you to radiate an Aura of Chaos equal to your ECL.

Chaos Music, as mentioned above, increases you effective Bard level by 4, with regard to Bardic Music.
Chaos Rage increases your effective Barbarian level by 4 for the purpose of Rage.
Flexible Mind gives a +1 bonus on two skills in which you have ranks and makes them permanent class skills.
Wild Touch lets you, once/day, roll twice for a random magic item effect (Deck of Many Things, etc) and choose the result that you want.

Exalted Feats(BoED pg 39) allow you to radiate an Aura of Good equal to your ECL.

Although it doesn't seem to say it anywhere, the Dragon 326 article and the BoED passage on Exalted feats both imply that Vile feats would similarly grant an Aura of Evil*.

*I have read the descriptions of Vile feats in BoVD, HoH, and CoR. None of those have mentioned anything about Aura of Evil, but errata may be present for Vile feats in other books like EoE or HotA, which both contain some Vile feats.

Callista
2011-08-07, 07:33 AM
Don't some of the spells that associate the target with an alignment also add an aura corresponding to the alignment?

Greenish
2011-08-07, 08:04 AM
Exalted Feats(BoED pg 39) allow you to radiate an Aura of Good equal to your ECL.Amusingly, the Saint template doesn't. :smallamused:

Volthawk
2011-08-07, 08:16 AM
Amusingly, the Saint template doesn't. :smallamused:

Well, you need to have Exalted feats to be a Saint, so it isn't necessary for the template to give you an aura.

Greenish
2011-08-07, 08:22 AM
Well, you need to have Exalted feats to be a Saint, so it isn't necessary for the template to give you an aura.Ah, right, I forgot since they requirements are mentioned in a different part of the book.