PDA

View Full Version : Dunedain (3.5 race, PEACH)

SlashRunner
2011-08-07, 12:57 AM
Having watched the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition over the last week, I was rather inspired to make this. Please tell me if anything seems off or whether there are any features that would fit the lore better. Keep in mind that I'm mainly inspired by Aragorn for this; his abilities might not be representative of his entire race, but he is the best known example and is therefore what I will use as a baseline.

Dunedain
+2 WIS, +2 CHA
Medium: As Medium creatures, Dunedain have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Dunedain base land speed is 30 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Healing Hands: Dunedain get a +4 racial bonus to Heal checks and gain Lay on Hands, as the Paladin ability, using 1/2 of their HD as their Paladin level and their WIS modifier instead of their CHA modifier.
Lordly Presence: Once per day, a Dunedain may call upon his ancient lineage to inspire courage in those who follow him and fear in those who would oppose him. For a number of rounds equal to his Charisma modifier, all allies gain a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and will saves, and all enemies must succeed on a DC (10+1/2 HD+Cha) Will save or become Shaken.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass Dunedain's ranger class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing
LA: +1 or +2 (I'm undecided as of yet)

eftexar
2011-08-07, 01:20 AM
I like it, and think it works well. My question is though, does the healing hand ability stack with the lay on hands ability if you actually take paladin levels? Or would they be considered two separate abilities entirely?
And I would go with the +2 adjustment.

SlashRunner
2011-08-07, 01:26 AM
I like it, and think it works well. My question is though, does the healing hand ability stack with the lay on hands ability if you actually take paladin levels? Or would they be considered two separate abilities entirely?
And I would go with the +2 adjustment.

That's an interesting question. I'd have to say the latter, since they're keyed off of different ability scores.