PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege!

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-07, 04:14 AM
Soz, with the release of the third I went back found my DS 1/LOA discs and installed them. I love this game! The second I haven't really played but so far it hasn't lived up to LOA. The third is garbage IMHO.

What do you guys like to play?
I like myself a nice beefy warrior, but I like to dabble in combat magic aswell.

Anyone willing to hookup and do Internet Games, or Hamachi hosted games?
Yeah man! Let's play!

On a side note some of us HAVE to play together sometime. New guys from scratch!

Thoughts on the games?
Love DS/LOA, second was good, third is garbage IMO.

Mods and stuff used?
I have a thing that unlocks skins previously not useable in SP, and it doesn't interfere with MP. I also have an EXP boosting mod. It is used in any game I host, and doesn't interfere with me joining games. :P

Triaxx
2011-08-07, 06:05 AM
Those the XP rings? Or some other one? I never could get the hang of modding DS.

I did love LoA. Something about having two 1/2 melee fighter traggs. Plus with everyone having a backpack, I didn't miss the extra capacity of mules over traggs.

Airk
2011-08-07, 01:00 PM
Original Dungeon Siege was...okay. I had several complaints, mostly that I kept getting equipment long before I could use it.

Mostly though, the original Dungeon Siege was the method by which I played Ultima V: Lazarus (http://www.u5lazarus.com/), which pretty much blew anything the original game had to offer out of the water for me.

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-10, 10:45 PM
I use a mod that just alters the amount of xp you get by 10, or 100 times.
I never used pack beasts, though I only carried waht I needed.

I usually got equipment only slightly before I could use it. I played the demo for the third, and to me it's kind of a HUGE disgrace on the series.

I never used any conversion mods.

LansXero
2011-08-10, 11:56 PM
I really liked the second, but never played the first. Much different?

KingOfLaughter
2011-08-11, 12:15 AM
I found they played differently, and the controls are different.

factotum
2011-08-11, 01:53 AM
From what I remember, the main difference is that you don't really have direct control over your characters in DS1--you just select a character and then click the monster you want them to attack; it's a bit more tactical than the later games, which are more traditional hack and slash.