PDA

View Full Version : What Adventure Paths have you played?

Lastgrasp
2011-08-07, 04:35 PM
I'm currently running Carrion Crown adventure path and about to start the fourth part. Absolutely think the APs are fantastic. After CC ends I'm looking to run another Adventure Path. So I need some advice.

Which AP have you run or played? How was the story? It doesn't matter if it's 3.5 or PF editions. I'm just looking for a solid AP to run. Not looking at the Greyhawks like Shackled City, Age of Worms, etc. The golarion based ones.

Also Rise of the Runelords I know is considered the best of the bunch but I'm going to wait for the hardcover to come out in June so that one is not being considered. Although if you played RotR, did you like it?

Ravens_cry
2011-08-07, 04:48 PM
I liked Legacy of Fire the best. Instead of semi-Medieval/Renaissance quasi-Europe, it was quasi-Arabia, which was a refreshing change, despite the heat.
I also had an excellent DM who knew how to integrate characters into a story.
Crimson Throne was good, but I disliked how it was a city adventure and then throws you into the wilderness. If you make a character that makes sense in one, it will feel out of place in the other.
It was also my first campaign and I died, a lot. I did like the traits a lot, they helped lock in your character early and give you motivation.
Council of Thieves was . . .disappointing. It promised a city campaign, yet it felt more like a dungeon crawl in peoples basements. The play was awesome though, I really, really enjoyed that.

The sandbox Kingmaker campaign I am ambivalent about. The making a kingdom? I loved that. A lot. The fetch quests and later plot rather less so.

Wagadodo
2011-08-07, 07:29 PM
I really had fun running the Kingmaker. I liked the Sandbox setting system it let my players seem like they have a lot control but still have the nice built in preset adventures set up. Even though I never got to finish it.

Lastgrasp
2011-08-07, 07:49 PM
Awesome info. Legacy of Fire seems like a nice change of pace. Anyone run Curse of the Crimson Throne or Second Darkness?

Paul H
2011-08-07, 09:13 PM
Hi

Been running Council of Thieves.

Book one was a great laugh.Book two is a bit complex, especially running the play/party section, (but that could just be me).

Looking forward to the rest of it.

Thanks
Paul H
PS Also running Night Below boxed set. (Converted from AD&D 2nd Ed)