PDA

View Full Version : One more question

Elrihm
2011-08-07, 07:11 PM
I have a question about full attack options. In the entry under minotaur, it says he has a full attack option to gore as well as swing. As per my previous thread, I'm making an effigy of a minotaur, and am applying the half-dragon template to it. That gives it an axe swing, gore, bite, 2 claws, and 2 slams. Does it get to use all of these on a full attack option, or how does that work?

Elrihm
2011-08-07, 08:04 PM
bump for answer?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-07, 08:08 PM
Yep. Oh, and there's a thread for that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207897).

DonDuckie
2011-08-07, 08:11 PM
If the claws and/or slams are on the limbs holding the manufactured weapon, then no. otherwise yes. and all natural attacks are secondary when using manufactured weapons.

so it could something like:
full attack: greataxe +12/+7, gore +7, bite +7
or perhaps
full attack: battleaxe+12/+7, gore +7, bite +7, claw +7

natural attacks are never iterative.

NOTE: I'm mostly into pathfinder, but as I recall it's the same for 3.5

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-07, 08:15 PM
If the claws and/or slams are on the limbs holding the manufactured weapon, then no. otherwise yes. and all natural attacks are secondary when using manufactured weapons.

so it could something like:
full attack: greataxe +12/+7, gore +7, bite +7
or perhaps
full attack: battleaxe+12/+7, gore +7, bite +7, claw +7

natural attacks are never iterative.

NOTE: I'm mostly into pathfinder, but as I recall it's the same for 3.5

IIRC, you can let go of a weapon as a free action. So you attack with the axe, switch to holding it in one hand which you then use the other for claw, switch it to your other hand so you can use the claw of the hand that was holding it, same for the slam attacks.

KillianHawkeye
2011-08-07, 08:17 PM
IIRC, you can let go of a weapon as a free action. So you attack with the axe, switch to holding it in one hand which you then use the other for claw, switch it to your other hand so you can use the claw of the hand that was holding it, same for the slam attacks.

May be legal by RAW, but you'll notice that monsters never do that.

DonDuckie
2011-08-07, 08:25 PM

you're right: 3.5 MM p. 299. It could work by RAW, it's not covered.

I'm right: PF Bestiary p. 302. has a "(although often a creature must forgo one natural attack for each weapon clutched in that limb, be it a claw, tentacle, or slam)