PDA

View Full Version : Does this feat exist?

sengmeng
2011-08-07, 09:07 PM
I'm looking for a "these two classes stack" feat, such as Ascetic Stalker or Daring Outlaw from Complete Scoundrel, but I'm wondering if there's one that causes monk and rogue levels to stack when determining sneak attack and unarmed damage. Incidentally, this is what I thought Ascetic Stalker was for a while.

Psyren
2011-08-07, 09:14 PM
Ascetic Rogue is the one you want (CAdv.) Take that, a monk dip, and the rest of your levels in rogue.

sengmeng
2011-08-07, 09:16 PM
I really need to get CAdv. Thanks.

Tancred
2011-08-08, 04:25 AM
Unfortunately, Ascetic Rogue won't increase your sneak attack thanks to text-trumps-table :smallfrown:

But it's the only such feat for those two classes, so it's the best you've got.

Username_too_lo
2011-08-08, 06:01 AM
However, Ninja / Avenging Executioner's Sudden Strike Damage DOES stack with Sneak Attack Damage.

sengmeng
2011-08-08, 07:50 AM
That seems like a ridiculous way to word the feat, but I was going to do a one-level dip anyway.

Psyren
2011-08-08, 08:36 AM
Unfortunately, Ascetic Rogue won't increase your sneak attack thanks to text-trumps-table :smallfrown:

But it's the only such feat for those two classes, so it's the best you've got.

Indeed it doesn't - but all that means is that you have to stick with rogue levels.

...Which honestly sucks because monk chassis with sneak attack would actually be sort of kind of halfway quasi-decent.

Telonius
2011-08-08, 08:52 AM
Monk is actually a pretty decent one-level dip for a Rogue. Gives all kinds of nifty weapons, including Shuriken (normally exotic ranged), that he wouldn't otherwise get. Unarmed Strike is finesse-able, too, which is usually beneficial to a Rogue; and the damage will eventually outstrip a Rapier's on regular hits. (Can't recall if Rapier is still better taking criticals into account). Extra saves are always good, too.

(A Wizard dip is probably still better, for Arcane Trickster entry, but if you're not going that route, why not?)

Fouredged Sword
2011-08-08, 09:28 AM
I wonder if monk 1 / rogue 1 / sorcerer x / Unseen seer x/ arcane fist x (whatever it is called, monk sorcerer duel progresion class) would be a viable build.

You can stack (monk and rogue) and (monk and sorcerer). Be a very cha focused character. Not terable high op, but potentialy a very versitile skill monkey / spellcaster / gish(sorta).

Thespianus
2011-08-08, 09:43 AM
It has the added bonus that you can self-boost your attacks with Greater Mighty Wallop once you get 3rd level spells and pile on the Sneak Attack dice.

It ain't Camelot, but it ain't Cleveland either. :smallamused: