PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine/Hordes/Iron Kingdoms Campaign

Benejeseret
2011-08-08, 12:46 PM
Hi playgrounders

Has anyone tried Warmachine/Hordes campaigns and have any suggestions?

Even better would be if anyone knows how to combine a campaign integrated with some Iron Kingdoms d20 RP elements.

Thanks in advance for links or suggestions

Benejeseret
2011-08-11, 02:53 PM
Or not. Let's try to re-word

Warmachine/Hordes offers a way to Bond with jax/beast over an extended scenario based campaign, but we are hoping to put together a more detailed advancement system for our warcasters/warlocks.

One idea is to start with something like a Journeymen Warcaster (solo) as our caster and then advance them by allowing players to 'buy' higher stats, abilities, and spells with experience gained in battles.

Has anyone tried such a thing or are we breaking ground?

DDogwood
2011-08-12, 08:41 AM
I haven't heard of anyone trying that. I would probably start with Journeyman Warcaster stats, and have each player select a Warcaster who is the "end goal" for his character. Then the players could work together on an advancement scheme with four to ten stages between the Journeyman and the final Warcaster. Then all you have to do is decide the criteria for advancement, but I wouldn't let the people who win lots of games advance any faster than the people who lose unless you want some seriously unbalanced, unenjoyable games in your campaign.

dsmiles
2011-08-15, 04:40 AM
Sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll put warjack/warbeast bonds in the new Iron Kingdoms RPG.