PDA

View Full Version : INTO THE DEPTHS (OoC)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

subcomarc
2011-09-18, 06:12 AM
No che por mí sigamos así. Que me queje de que mi AC parezca una puerta vaivén (cualquiera la pasa caminando) no quiere decir que haga falta cambiar a public. Bah, podría llegar a ser entretenido quizás verte sacar esas tiradas de puta madre... Por mí sigamos como estamos.

Drothmal
2011-09-19, 01:42 PM
@ Alejo: I'm assuming that you have an action ready to attack anything that comes after Karath?

Drothmal
2011-09-20, 04:25 PM
I apologize to Manu, but I had to bot Karath so we could keep moving things forwards

Alejo, you have 24 hours to take the AoO and the attack, otherwise I'll bot you on those too

I decided that I'm going to start enforcing the 24 hour rule when we are in combat. If we take too long, I worry that the game will die...

please let me know privately or publicly if you disagree with this

EDIT: After Alejo's actions, I'll resolve the creature's attack (if it is still alive). After that, I'll resolve Hernan's attack. Then it'll be Maraxus and Karath's turn again

Karath
2011-09-21, 08:42 AM
No worries Herni! I completely agree with the "botting after 24hrs" rule. I should have been able to post something since the weekend and I truly apologize I did not... there was a lot of lab stuff and other issues to take care of.

Hopefully now I can go back to posting more regularly. Great use of my spell!

- Manu

Drothmal
2011-09-21, 08:35 PM
interesting article on Diplomacy

I'd like to knwo what you guys think

http://www.giantitp.com/articles/jFppYwv7OUkegKhONNF.html

And once again, I hope that no one feels offended by the boting

Karath
2011-09-22, 11:03 AM
just read the article on Diplomacy. It is an excellent set of suggestions! It makes it a bit harder on the DM but provides a great guideline for how to negotiate. This setting also makes a natural 20 a less ridiculous result: "Mr. King, I think you should give me your castle!" - a natural 20 would have helped greatly, but now based on these guidelines that would be a base DC of 15, +0 if the king doesn't know them and +10 for a horrific deal.

That said, in the example I just gave, the DC seems to be ony 25. Oh, I forgot the level of the king and wisdom modifier. OK, so that would be much higher than 25. Then I stand by my words - this setting also provides a situation where even a crit20 would not be enough.

Also, great explanation for the "charmed" spell... it really DID seem before that a wizard could get people to do anything. (PS: we still can)

Karath
2011-09-22, 11:04 AM
HERNAN A. (Subcomarc),

can you please delete some of your repeat posts? Like the one for the wrongly typed fortitude saves etc?

Thanks!

Karath
2011-09-22, 11:15 AM
this is my roll for dungeon knowledge

[roll0]

... let's see if I figure out that the new guy is trying to kill us.

Drothmal
2011-09-22, 05:58 PM
@Karath: Looking at your sheet, you added the mage armor as miscellaneous armor. It should be in the armor section (it does not count against touch attacks)

The attack would have still hit even if it did count, so the action stays

@Orphias: Just double checking, but your armor is less than 21, right? (I count 20 with the mage armor, but in a previous post you had said 19, so I'm a bit confused)

@Maraxus/Alejo: That was a crit!!! You would have completely killed the thing!!! but the miss chance :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Karath
2011-09-23, 11:11 AM
11 damage!!! Ahhh!!! That's like 80% of my life!!

Spell used?

[roll0]

Ps I'm typing this from my iPhone. I know, I'm awesome.

Drothmal
2011-09-23, 11:25 AM
Inflict moderate wounds

Also posting from the phone

Karath
2011-09-23, 11:52 AM
Not bad, not bad... But I made a successful roll with it ;)

Drothmal
2011-09-23, 03:42 PM
@Alejo: there is still one of the creatures left (the Dark Slayer that just cast the inflict moderate wounds on Karath). I didn't get to see your post on time, so I don't know what you got when you rolled for it.

If anyone saw it and remembers, please tell me the result and I can edit the actions accordingly

If not, Maraxus can roll an attack again against the last enemy. If this happens, I'd recommend that you save your post on a separate file and then repost it when the battle is over

@Manu: Still waiting on Karath

Due to the confusion (for which I apologize), I'll wait another 24 hours until I take over

yosoyleko
2011-09-23, 04:44 PM
my original post was something like this
Cover your eyes!
Maraxus swings back at the last standing creature.
The slice cuts through the thick air of the cavern and delivers a deadly blow.

I recall attack roll was about 16 and damage was 8. I think misschance roll was 43 or 48.

Maybe you can make this work out.

Drothmal
2011-09-23, 04:47 PM
Fantastic! and a 16 hits!!

8 damage coming up.

Do you want to modify the IC or should I?

EDIT: And Alejo, Maraxus is asking all the right questions :smallamused:

Karath
2011-09-24, 06:52 PM
Does the bug die from that? If not I'll repeat my flash attack while stepping back... The last two guys exploded and this guy is meaner..
So chances are we should expect some damage or another.

Manu

Drothmal
2011-09-24, 06:57 PM
creature is still alive after Maraxus' attack (though heavily damaged)

the creatures explode with a 10' radius. Since Karath's ability has the same range, it should affect him. But I'll allow for a 5ft step out of the way if he passes an acrobatics check of 8 (this should be fairly easy)

yosoyleko
2011-09-25, 10:26 AM
Do it!!! Slay the mo-fo!!!

Drothmal
2011-09-26, 02:20 AM
Congratulations!!! you all get....

700xp each!!!

And you get the following loot

kukri, black smear [2 doses]
dagger, black poison [3 doses]
dagger, black poison [3 doses]

Just to speed things up, I'll also roll fort saves for Orphias (and I'll roll the str damage here just to make my life easier)

@Hernan: I'm gonna spoiler the results. If there is anything you want to do before the poison takes effect, please just post it here in the OoC before you see the results

DC=15
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
EDIT: Probably Orphias will receive another 2 points of STR damage (I think that puts you in -4, correct me if wrong)

@Alejo: Could you erase Maraxus' post before the battle ended? I already weaved it into the story, so it should be all good

yosoyleko
2011-09-26, 02:37 AM
Wooo! LOOT!!!!

subcomarc
2011-09-26, 06:32 AM
How delightful, I only lost three points of str. I'm improving! Thank you Hernan for rolling on my behalf. Nice prediction skills, btw. I'll erase the extra posts as soon as I get home Manolex, It's just that these past few days I've also been posting from my phone and i get really with the tiny screen after a short while (not to speak ill of my beloved HTC sensation, who has given me tons of satisfaction since I arrived into Europe). Regarding my AC, rules changed almost daily during the time I was preparing my CS, so I think its 19 (20 - 1 from my flaw) but I'll check it up.

Now let us loot! Maybe we find an antidote or smthg.

Drothmal
2011-09-26, 11:23 AM
It might be possible to turn the poisons into antidotes and antitoxins with the appropriate craft(Alchemy) roll. Remember that for alchemy, you receive a penalty if you do not have a chemical lab with you (hence they sell the portable ones)

I know it doesn't look like much, but you are getting a fair amount of money out of each enemy due to the fact that poisons are rather expensive in PF

I will wait to proceed until I have at least 2 of you stating what you want to do

EDIT: Here is a link to the poision

Black Smear (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/poison/black-smear)

I cannot find the price for this poison (the pathfinder wiki (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Poisons_of_Golarion) literally says that it is unknown), but based on two other poisions

Black adder venom (DC 11, 1d2 Con/6 rnds) = 120 gp (low DC, but Con poisons are more expensive)
Large Scorpion venom (DC 17, 1d2 Str/6 rnds) = 200 gp (slightly higher DC, same consequences)

I'm going to say that you can get 150gp per dose of poison

Now, I'll do this just once, but from now on one of you has to keep track of the loot

Loot
- dagger x4 (2 of these have been given to Orphias)
- kukri x1
- Black Smear poison dose x14
- Gems (worth 50gp each) x10

Drothmal
2011-09-26, 11:30 AM
@Orphias

I still think you got 5 STR damage this time around

1 from first round of battle (IC post 179 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11884564&postcount=179))

2 from the second round of battle (IC post 184 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11892171&postcount=184))

2 after battle was done (OoC post 269 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11917038&postcount=269))

Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong

(I realize now that you might have confused my boting of your fort roll vs blindness as your fort roll vs poison. If there is any way I can keep things more clear in the future, please let me know)

subcomarc
2011-09-27, 02:29 PM
So we talked this through already, just stating it here. Orphias current strength is 14. It´s amazing how easily this enemies are bypassing my 20 points of AC. Fortitude for blindness, and for deaftness, and for poison at each strike... I´m fortituding my ass off here, hahahaha. Due to this dire situation, before deciding if we move forward and stuff I´d like to know if Manny Calavera will actually try to turn the sacs in antivenom (unless the sound and stuff is like an immediate unexpected event, in which case there is no time for this petty claims of mine, and we should rush to see how the fire elemental is kicking some heavy darkness arse).

Drothmal
2011-09-27, 02:35 PM
Sound is an unexpected event, but you don't have to go unless you want to

I'm still working out the rules for making a poison into an antidote, but this is what I have so far

turning 1 dose into antidote
Craft(alchemy)
DC=30 (You can take 20, you incur penalties if you do not have an alchemical lab, which I think it is -5, but I'm not sure)
For each dose you use to make an antidote, you get a +10 to the check

Antidote
cures 1d2 STR damage
Whoever is affected can roll a fort save against the poison that is affecting him. If the poison DC is met, you heal another 1d2 STR damage. You can keep rolling saves till you fail or all STR damage is cured

EDIT: According to my calculations. If Karath uses 2 doses of poison, he can make antidotes no problem

9(skill)+10(second dose) -5 (no lab) +20 (take 20) = 34

Drothmal
2011-09-27, 02:38 PM
And the enemies are hitting since they have a standard +6 to the attack and are usually flanking. And whenever they attack you during the surprise round, you loose 1 AC since your DEX doesn't apply

But yes, I have been rolling fairly high

subcomarc
2011-09-27, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the data on the antidote. As for the rolls... you do know I´m just sharing with the group, not complaining, right?

EDIT: Thanks for the talk. Don´t worry, I really don´t think you´re trying to poison me on purpose ;)

Karath
2011-09-28, 11:57 AM
Let's see... I think I might as well attempt to do the anti-poison as we need them, and keep a couple at hand so Hernan can drink them quickly and prevent further damage.

Just checking about the rules though - taking 20 will take... what? 6seconds x20 = 120seconds = 2 minutes? that seems ridiculous. What do you wanna do time-wise for rendering poisons? I am happy to take 20, but 2 minutes seems like a joke.

Also, for a DC of 30
+9 (skills), +20(take 20),-5(no lab) = +24

So I would only need to roll a 6 or higher, which gives me some 75% of success rate. Sure, 1/4 I will miss, but by using the extra dose that's accepting a 50% failure rate, you know?

So, great DM, what do you think? I will gladly make antivenom one way or another, since staying alive > making money, but I don't want to abuse the system.

subcomarc
2011-09-28, 12:00 PM
Also, do would you Shield me or should I cast it myself before running?

Karath
2011-09-28, 01:45 PM
no can do, captain... I don't have "shield" on my spellbook.

Which raises a couple good points...
1. does the +4 shield bonus stack with mage armor?
2. If 1=yes, then I should reaally, really add shield to my spellbook asap...

subcomarc
2011-09-28, 01:48 PM
Yessir the beauty stacksss

Drothmal
2011-09-28, 01:50 PM
@subcomarc: Karath is right

@Karath: Yes, shield does stack with mage armor. But remember that shield only has a duration of minutes per level not hours like the armor

You bring an interesting point on the craft alchemy. I'm looking up the rules for crafting now, but taking 20 with alchemy is NOT 2 minutes (except for a lvl 18 alchemist, who can make any alchemical item in a full round)

Looking up the rules now, will post ruling in a bit

Drothmal
2011-09-28, 01:56 PM
In the interest of keeping this thing movig, I'll rule that you need 2 hours per dose of anti-poison. You can bring this down to 1 hour if you increase the DC to 35

Also, for a DC of 30
+9 (skills), +20(take 20),-5(no lab) = +24

So I would only need to roll a 6 or higher, which gives me some 75% of success rate. Sure, 1/4 I will miss, but by using the extra dose that's accepting a 50% failure rate, you know?

eeeeeeh. You do realize that if you take 20, you don't get to roll another check, right? so you cannot get that +6....

Karath
2011-09-28, 04:13 PM
rolls for the scorpions!

[roll0] (to recognize scorpions)
[roll1] (to recognize gemstone scorpion)

also, I tried to resist, but I cannot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y&ob=av3e

Karath
2011-09-28, 04:15 PM
fantastic. Another 1 in my rolls. "HEY GUYS!!! THESE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SCORPIONS!!! AND THEY MAY OR MAY NOT BE GOING TO ATTACK US!!"

roll test!
1d20+1

Karath
2011-09-28, 04:40 PM
1d20+1

message lengthened by 10 chars or more

Drothmal
2011-09-28, 04:54 PM
OK, now that he used it, it is time to reveal the results of Karath's engineering check and the environmental compound of these fights

If you deal enough damage to the stalactites, you can cause them to fall on your enemies
A stalagtite is an AoE (area of effect) of 15'
Anything hit by the stalactite receives 6d6 damage
A Reflex DC 16 can reduce the damage by half

In this battle, possible targets were

1 scorpion
2 scorpions
or the gem scorpion

Karath, you can roll 6d6 damage on the IC

subcomarc
2011-09-28, 06:24 PM
Ok, since I manifested my will of casting shield very clearly, I´ll assume that i have casted it, and that it lasts on me 3 minutes - the time we spent running (one minute? maybe less? more?). So as one minute = 10 turns, I think I should be covered for this battle, or most of it at least. That means AC 24. That means me jumping in.

Drothmal
2011-09-28, 06:58 PM
Orphias

Shield: Allowed, let's say you cast it halfway during the run, so you have 2 mins left (12 turns, which should be plenty)

Attack: I described the enemies as being 20', 25' and 40' from your position. 5 foot step and full attack is not an option.

Unless you charge, you can only make it to the scorpion (20' away) in this turn

EDIT

This is madness

MADNESS? THIS IS
SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA

Drothmal
2011-10-02, 05:00 PM
Just spoke to Hernan. He is having problems with the internet connection, so I discussed his actions with him through chat and will move Orphias accordingly

yosoyleko
2011-10-03, 04:54 AM
One question about stalagmites and stalactites and other ites...
How far are they? Can we use our melee weapons to try to bring them down?

yosoyleko
2011-10-03, 07:52 AM
One question about stalagmites and stalactites and other ites...
How far are they? Can we use our melee weapons to try to bring them down?

Drothmal
2011-10-03, 12:42 PM
stalagmites can be knocked down, but it would require you to lure the cyrsmal towards them and then either damaging them or making a STR check

Stalactites are about 40-50ft up, so you cannot reach with melee attacks

Just pointing it out, in case it was not clear, Karath's rock dealt damage, it was the swords that didn't (/bludgeoning DR)

Drothmal
2011-10-03, 03:03 PM
@Alejo: You can have Maraxus pick up a rock and throw it at the crysmal

You need to roll a ranged attack (remember that, unless Karath moves out of the way, you'll have a -4 penalty for not having precise shot). If you hit, you'll deal 1d6 damage

subcomarc
2011-10-03, 06:25 PM
Rerolling damage

[roll0]

Drothmal
2011-10-05, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, just a clarification

Unless I tell you the enemy is dead, please assume that it is still alive and post your action within the 24hr limit. I will err on your favor and not make you waste spells unless you have to, but please let's avoid asking "is it dead yet" after every single attack.

It will slow us down too much

subcomarc
2011-10-05, 04:31 PM
Manu please edit your post to move a 5 foot step or I´ll get a -4 at my ranged throw...

Drothmal
2011-10-05, 05:37 PM
Updated Loot table

Loot
- dagger x4 (2 of these have been given to Orphias)
- kukri x1
- Black Smear poison dose x14 (150gp each)
- 3500 worth of gems

Drothmal
2011-10-06, 02:37 PM
Just reminding you all, each antipoison takes 1-2 hours to make (depending on the DC that you take). So making 3 could take 3-6 hours

Karath
2011-10-07, 03:30 PM
then it's important to figure this out - how much poison damage do we currently have? Orphias? Maraxus? I have none. I don't want to delay our moving through the cavern too much, though I could definitely make 1 dose while maraxus explores and comes back.

It just feels that if I'm gonna spend 1-2 hours per dose, then we might as well push on... in an hour we can just return to town and hang out :P

Karath
2011-10-07, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, just a clarification

Unless I tell you the enemy is dead, please assume that it is still alive and post your action within the 24hr limit. I will err on your favor and not make you waste spells unless you have to, but please let's avoid asking "is it dead yet" after every single attack.

It will slow us down too much

IS IT DEAD YET???? HELLOOOO??? WIZARD NOT LIKE SHINY SCORPION!!! :smallfurious:

Karath
2011-10-07, 03:35 PM
sorry for the 3rd post. Herni, let's talk when you get a chance about antidote creation. If i can quicken it by using 3 doses total (ie +20) and not having to take 20, that might work much better for our group, even if we sacrifice money. After all, big adventurers like us are in search of power and defeating enemies, not just money hoarding...

Let's figure out a system that makes sense - it also seems broken to make an antivenom in 2 turns just because i'm using many raw materials.

Drothmal
2011-10-07, 06:53 PM
IS IT DEAD YET???? HELLOOOO??? WIZARD NOT LIKE SHINY SCORPION!!! :smallfurious:

Yes, it is very very dead

D... E.... D... Dead!

sorry for the 3rd post. Herni, let's talk when you get a chance about antidote creation. If i can quicken it by using 3 doses total (ie +20) and not having to take 20, that might work much better for our group, even if we sacrifice money. After all, big adventurers like us are in search of power and defeating enemies, not just money hoarding...

Let's figure out a system that makes sense - it also seems broken to make an antivenom in 2 turns just because i'm using many raw materials.

This antivenome is something I'm making up to keep you guys moving forwards and not going back and forth to the city. The thing is that I just don't see any process of this magnitude and complexity (you are distillign and counteracting a freakign poision with nothing but a couple test tubes) taking any less than 1 hour...

On the other hand, I do not think that you need more than 1 antivenom... Why don't you make 1 antivenom, see how much STR Orphias recovers and then decide if you want to make another one? Potentally, 1 antivenom might cure the synthesist completely

Also, OoC, the touch of idiocy will last 40', so taking one and using 2 doses of antidote would put you past the spell's duration and should be enough to make 1 dose of anti-venom

Also, I'm going to wait in the IC until I hear from Alejo. I do not want to send his character on a reconnaissance missions unless he says so explicitely

yosoyleko
2011-10-09, 10:29 AM
Im going to try to scout with maximized Stealthness and no weapon in hand... Any problems? please tell me!!!

Drothmal
2011-10-09, 10:31 AM
No problem whatsoever. Just wanted to make sure that you were ok with maraxus scouting

I'm at an experiment right now, but if we get a long scan (likely in an hour or two) I'll make an IC post

Solo 100xp mas, muchachos!

Drothmal
2011-10-09, 03:12 PM
The tips of the two rock structures are barely inches apart, like two tragic lovers stretching their arms in longing, incredibly close, but an eternity apart..." No se nota para nada que te vas a casar, eh?

Everyone's a critic.... :smallannoyed:

hehe, just kidding. I'm at a beamtime, so sometimes the lack of sleep tends to make me more... poetic?

Anyways, I'll have another long scan soon. But Maraxus makes it safely to the rest of the party

subcomarc
2011-10-09, 05:19 PM
Come on now Hernan, its just our way of saying we love you :=)

Besides, we really liked the phrasing.

So, I'll be taking one antivenom now, unless anyone disagrees. I´ll just go ahead and roll, and we can modify it later if necessary.

Cheers!

Drothmal
2011-10-09, 05:24 PM
hehe, no problem. The "everyone's a critic" it's a fairly common joke in the US (or at least in the circles I move)

Glad you guys are having fun. Glad Alejo and Hernan are hanging out!

subcomarc
2011-10-09, 05:35 PM
So I didn´t make it against the fortitude dc, which means I only heal one dice. Here it is.

[roll0]

Drothmal
2011-10-09, 05:37 PM
Well done! 3str damage means you only receive -1 penalty!

Manu is rather buys with a big presentation he has on Tuesday, so I don[t think he'll be posting soon. Karath will agree with what Orphias and Maraxus think best

Karath
2011-10-09, 08:30 PM
Karath(Manu) respectfully disagrees with the voice of the gods and has mad plans to get everyone safe and get orphias some delicious crab meat.

Karath
2011-10-09, 08:39 PM
right. You can't post a roll inside the spoiler.

[roll0]

Karath
2011-10-09, 08:43 PM
also, rolling for knowledge nature
[roll0]

so... hopefully not a 1

Drothmal
2011-10-11, 02:19 PM
The things are called fisher crabs and they are known as predators that use a web like substance to trap their victims and "reel" them in, where they can eat them in peace and quiet

I'll wait for others to agree on the plan before I proceed

Drothmal
2011-10-14, 07:58 PM
1) some general advice

Even though Orphias has the most HP and a highish AC, he has a very low dexterity, so attacks that are ranged touch (such as spells, breath weapons, general monster excretions, firearms) are still very likely to hit

Shield bonuses (such as the one from the shield spell) do NOT apply for ranged attacks, as far as I know

2) explaining the order of actions further just to be clear

the way I see it, with Orphias calling down the cave fishers, we have the following surprise round

1) Orphias challenges and takes total defense action (+4 AC)
2) Cave fishers move down and shoot filaments
3) Maraxus and Karath have yet to act

AFTER all these actions are resolved, I will tell you the results for the initiative rolls so we can start normal rounds of combat, in which one crab will probably try to grab Orphias and pull him away while the other will try to entangle any other possible victims (right now I'm assuming that Karath and Maraxus are hidden and out of sight from the enemies)

subcomarc
2011-10-15, 01:41 PM
So I choose to do damage to the silk. Do I roll a regular attack? Whats the silk´s AC? Can I actually miss the skill on my body? I´ll roll, adapt it later if necessary.

Drothmal
2011-10-15, 01:43 PM
there is an AC, but I'm not telling :smallwink:. But yes, you can miss since you are trying to cut it without cutting yourself and still cutting enough that you can move. You jsut roll attacks as usual

I'll need a couple minutes to adjust to the grease spell that Karath just casted

EDIT: I had also asked for me to tell you the initiatives before you said if you could act...

Drothmal
2011-10-15, 04:46 PM
@Hernan

You will know the results of orphias actions when his turn comes around. Also, usually those questions happen in the ooc

subcomarc
2011-10-15, 04:48 PM
Oh, I could have sworn I was in the OoC. So sorry

Karath
2011-10-16, 08:39 PM
I'm a sexy shoeless god of magic!!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html

Karath
2011-10-16, 11:47 PM
having trouble with my post but here it goes again...

[roll0] (if necessary to hit the greased area, Karath is making a ranged touch attack. +5 used instead of typical +4 ranged since it's a supernatural skill, and the +5 comes from Int modifier)

Drothmal
2011-10-17, 01:11 AM
This is an acceptable strategy, but retrieving a torch and lighting it will be a full round action. You can either change your action or you can use the roll above for throwing the torch on Karath's next turn

Karath
2011-10-17, 01:24 PM
I was concerned about the timing as well. Sounds fair - I will light the torch and throw in my next turn (unless anything extravagant happens, such as getting pinned to the ground or losing both arms)

Drothmal
2011-10-18, 04:39 PM
Hernan: Please delete your post. As I mentioned before, Orphias was not supposed to act until AFTER the cave fishers

Karath
2011-10-19, 02:32 PM
no changes in my action. I will be ready to throw the torch to the area affected by the grease spell so it catches fire. If possible / allowed, I would like to cast featherfall on the potentially falling Maraxus.

Drothmal
2011-10-21, 11:45 AM
For some reason, the latest update by Manu had not shown up

Using the storm ability is a standard, so no feather fall, sorry

Maraxus? any actions?

My parents are in town and I have a bit of work to do, so the posting has been a little late and will be for the next week

Drothmal
2011-10-24, 02:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! You have reached level 4!!!

Feel free to update your character sheets, though you will not be able to access the abilities until a little bit from now (Hopefully, it'll be evident when, but if not, I'll clarify)

subcomarc
2011-10-24, 02:47 PM
Muy bien Hernán! Vamos todavía! Nada de esto sería posible sin tu mano firme. Aguante! Te felicito mucho.

LIKE A BOSS!

Drothmal
2011-10-26, 05:04 PM
Hello? lvl 4? dead cave fishers?

Karath
2011-11-02, 08:15 PM
quick update: it seems that we have all stopped posting for a few days. Herni and I have been busy for the last 10 days or so, since our parents came to visit. Mom is still staying at my place and I have just started work in a new laboratory (long story), so I'm kinda short with time right now. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start posting again!

hope everyone is doing well. Alejo, are you back in Spain?

Manu

Drothmal
2011-11-06, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone!

It seems things have slowed down, but I was hoping that we can pick up the pace back to normal next week

I'd like to ask for all 3 of you to make a post (either IC or OOC, I just want to see that you are posting) by TUESDAY so I know that there is still interest and that I should keep things moving

Drothmal
2011-11-06, 03:37 PM
Posting this again since it seems server ate my previous post

Hello everyone!

It seems things have slowed down, but I was hoping that we can pick up the pace back to normal next week

I'd like to ask for all 3 of you to make a post (either IC or OOC, I just want to see that you are posting) by TUESDAY so I know that there is still interest and that I should keep things moving

yosoyleko
2011-11-14, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry things have slowed down so much!
It's greatly my fault. I've been seriously busy with too many things to handle at one time. I'm seriously sorry (it's been more than 2 weeks since my last post!).

So, I'm totally back on track. I have to say though that one thing that keeps me going is to receive updates on my e-mail (to remind me of posting, because I seriously have too much going on at my life/work right now, including some stuff I will tell you about on skype one of these days... hehe). So... as I was telling you. I totally lose track of time and I hadn't realized about the posting until I went back to thinking about RPGing again and thought "Hey! I was playing by post and totally forgot about it!". So again, so so sorry for this. I know it's not fair on you guys.

I totally still want to move on. Anybody else on board?

Drothmal
2011-11-14, 02:07 PM
I'm still game to continue. I actually have written up to chapter 3 now...

Drothmal
2011-11-19, 07:00 PM
OK guys, we'll try this again

I'll start to post again to move the game forwards

What I want from you

1 post every 2 days Mon-Fri (preferable 1 post/day minimum, but I'm willing to be more flexible). Even if it is just to say "let us continue forwards" I want to make sure that you guys are reading the updates

That you let me know if you are going to be out of town and you won't be able to post for a while

subcomarc
2011-11-19, 07:29 PM
Works for me. I'll take some time this sunday to update my CS to level 4. So glad that we're back on. To victory!

Drothmal
2011-11-22, 02:53 AM
Somewhat spoiler: There won't be enemies nor traps till the end of the stairs. I have a puzzle waiting for all of you at the end and, once you have solved it, there will be a magical source for rest.

So press onwards! Next post is going to be long, so I'll do it tomorrow when I have a bit more time (Hernan, I'll also reply tomorrow)

Good job on replying guys!

Drothmal
2011-11-24, 02:26 AM
No replies yet... I will modify the last IC post to give you guys a hint...

Drothmal
2011-11-24, 06:19 PM
@Subcomarc: You found a BLANK parchement (as in nothing in it), not a black parchment

Though it would have been cool if it had been black... I'll keep it in mind for the future. But right now it is just a blank piece of paper

What your knowledge arcana identifies as a material usually used in scrolls (you'll need spellcraft to figure out more about what spell was in the scroll)

subcomarc
2011-11-24, 06:27 PM
Hahahahah GENIAL! Jajjajajaja

subcomarc
2011-11-24, 06:29 PM
I roll spellcraft here not to wear the IC out.

[roll0]

Drothmal
2011-11-24, 09:55 PM
Will wait 24 hours to see if Karath wants to examine the scroll or if there is anything else anyone wants to do

Karath
2011-11-24, 11:58 PM
Hi guys, it's me again. I'll take a look at the scroll as well

[roll0]

I'll share whatever info I have with the team, and try to provide any other help (at the DM's discretion, use my character if I don't post).

I'm in North Carolina right now for Thanksgiving, but should come back soon. I'll try to then post as often as possible - just going through some tough times in lab - my PI did not get funded and ended up moving to Singapore... scary. So now I'm in a different lab trying to finish things as soon as possible.

Anyway... yeah. Spellcraft.

Drothmal
2011-11-25, 04:42 PM
I want to give you guys an opportunity to try different things and see if there are any clever solutions. I'll give a hint on Sunday if you guys are still stuck by then

Drothmal
2011-11-26, 08:53 PM
So here's the puzzle I've been talking about. I hope you guys enjoy trying to crack it open.

I'll need a Linguistics check (INT if you don't have any ranks in Linguistics)

Linguistics
DC 10
It is a cypher
DC 15
It is a binary cypher in which the two elements for encoding are red and non-red letters
DC20
Is a Bacon Cypher (look it up on wikipedia, you are not allowed to use an online cypher to crack it (that is DC 35))
DC 35
You can use an online cypher

Since this type of thing can be done by just one person, and that would ruing the fun, I'll propose the following challenge

Each of you will solve the puzzle separately and PM me the answer you get. The more correct answers you get, the more xp I will award

Drothmal
2011-11-26, 08:58 PM
OK, DCs posted. I will give you guys up to the 1st/2nd (if before the 1st you let me know that you'll send it on the 2nd) to send me answers

subcomarc
2011-11-26, 09:12 PM
Excelent, this is so much fun! But wait... have you just posted the clues inside the spoilers? I don't wanna risk opening them in case I look into a clue I didn't earn... but if that is actually the case, then the temptation is enormous! I'll roll publicly, just in case, and only risk opening the "fair" "clue box". First I will be casting "lesser surge", so that for the next four minutes I get an extra +8 to linguistics (for a total of +14). Also, since I have a point to spare, the other +8 goes to knowledge history, so that maybe I can find out something about the statue, this place, the culture, or previous usage of riddles like this (for a total of +13). Being able to access the eidolon's enhanced skills is extremely cool. I feel a lot like Neo on "the matrix".

Here I go.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Drothmal
2011-11-27, 02:23 AM
Hernan:

1) I expect all of you to "resist" the "temptation" to "cheat". It is a lot easier for me to put the spoilers and let you guys read whatever you are allowed than writing 3 times to each of you the same thing.

EDIt: Also, if you think you can dissociate IC and OoC, you are allowed to read higher DC spoilers. But I would only recommend this if you are absolutely sure about your compartmentalization of information

2)

First I will be casting "lesser surge", so that for the next four minutes I get an extra +8 to linguistics (for a total of +14).

Just to check, but I hope you had lesser surge as one of your spells known before the level up. Until you guys rest, you don't have access to the new spells. Being a level 2 spell and you not having access to them till level 4, I hope you understand my doubts
EDIT: I see that this might have been my fault for not clarifying further about the level up

looking at your result, by now you probably have looked at the DC 20 box, so there's no undoing of that. But in the future, please double check if you can cast the spell, roll your check and say the extra bonus
(for example 1d20 (+8 if lesser evo surge is allowed))

I don't want to sound harsh about this, is just that I want to clarify these things for the future so there are no misunderstandings. I am glad that you have such a high bonus so you guys will solve the riddle for sure, but things like this could mess up the adventure in other parts in the future

EDIT: Just double checking with my paranoia. I did not mean to say the things above in any tone that could be considered a reprimand. PbP is very hard in communicating everything, since what one person understands as implied is not always the same for others.

Once again: This is just a note for the future in spoilers as this and other riddles that might appear (which I hope you liked and would like me to repeat). If you are using anything that enhances your roll, that enhancement has to be cleared with me first.

Hernan is completely and absolutely allowed to see what is in the DC 20 box

subcomarc
2011-11-27, 08:36 AM
Don't worry, I didn't take it as a reprimand, but it did call my attention. I was very careful to check everything with you first; I really thought I had been clear, the last thing I wanted was to go against the rules. After you gave us permission to lvl up our characters you said we had to wait until reaching the resting area. Once we did, I checked with you by PM if I could roleplay the lvluping and you said yes. That was also one of the reasons for sending you the post before publishing it. You approved it, so I posted:

Orphias remains silent, almost like somewhere else.

Moments after crossing the secret entrance, as the last drop of fresh enemy blood fell from his sword, Orphias was flooded by a familiar sensation. As time slowly stopped in his mind, his existence was drawned into a non-existing moment, a lapse of ethereal reason. The quota of pain and blood, both from himself and others, had once again been met: like a relentless messenger, E'Tok rammed through the doors of his consciousness. After this encounter he would grow smarter, stronger and yes, much more attached to his devilish friend. None of this mattered though. The moment was scarce enough as it was, not a second was to be lost. In his mind he chanted, as promised: He who reapes, he who sieges, he who howls into a moon of blood. He who reigned the Abyss and shall once more make mountains kneel. He who´s mad, he who´s lust. He... be... mine... at... once.... The black waters thrusted deep into his muscles. It had begun. Now was the chance. Talk, E'Tok! How is Ilyana! Is she still alive? Am I still far away from you? Help me! Help me retrieve her and release you!"

In any case, it won't happen again, I promise.

I sent you a private inbox with what I think may be the answer. I wont share it with anyone, don't worry. It was very fun!

Drothmal
2011-11-27, 02:03 PM
sorry, I misspoke. My intention was to point out that the level up was fine, but the resting to renew spells (hence giving access to higher level spells) had not happened yet. I can see that I was not clear enough

It would seem that I made a mistake in the puzzle. It will take quite some time for me to go over it and find out what I did wrong, so please bear with me and try your best to solve it anyways (it is still possible to solve it, just be aware that there might be mistake)

subcomarc
2011-11-27, 02:24 PM
Riddle is perfectly solvable even with the little mistake. Go guys, roll for it, the clues really help!

Karath
2011-11-27, 05:40 PM
I think I have a good idea on how to solve this riddle even without the roll... but hey, more knowledge never hurt (says the Mage).

[roll0]

also, DM, would use of "identify" provide any clues in this case? Or can I use any other abilities?

Thanks!

Drothmal
2011-11-27, 06:16 PM
Identify could give you a bonus to the roll, but it would not be enough for you to make it to the next DC (and yes, you are allowed to read lower DC boxes)

yosoyleko
2011-11-28, 06:22 AM
WTF!!!!!
Just came back from Granada and this is what I find...
So cool, but WTF!!!!

yosoyleko
2011-11-28, 06:34 AM
So, I have to roll linguistics too?

I don't have any!!!

Anyway, I've been searching around, and apparently there is a cypher that uses bold letters vs. plain letters to code letters in 5-character code. Thus, 5 letters represent 1 letter... well, you get the hang of it.

I mean. There is no way that without linguistics my character can know this stuff... so, I won't be the one that spells it out in character.

The solution I found using the 5-letter code:

The key is to speak out loud: "THESE WORDS"!!!! hahaha

subcomarc
2011-11-28, 06:37 AM
FYI, a los que sí teníamos linguistics Hernancito nos hizo crackear el cypher a mano. Es irónico pero tener el rank de hecho nos hizo trabajar más, jajaja.

yosoyleko
2011-11-28, 06:42 AM
Well, You get the glory of speaking it in character!

Drothmal
2011-11-28, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to say how happy I am that all 3 of you solved the puzzle (and correctly)!!!

Thanks guys for taking the time to solve it. I must admit that I was a bit worried that all the time I put into making it would go to waste...

And you all did it during the weekend!! We can move things along now!!!!

Rewards you for solving the puzzle

Karath's answer = 1000xp
Orphias answer = 1000xp
Maraxus/Alejo's answer= 600xp

Reward for solving it within 48 hours

400 xp

Hence, you all just received 1/4 of the way up to level 5

I will start preparing the next post (it's a long one, since you get to open the door, replenish spells/heal -though Orphias will have used one lvl 2 spell- and get to see the next room)

It will take a while, if anyone wants to post the password int he midtime, you are more than welcome, if not, I'll have orphias and karath say it simultaneously

FYI, I wanted to let you guys know of my schedule

I'll be running an experiment (12-16 hour shifts) Tue-Thu and Sat+Sun. I should be able to post once in the day at least, so bare with me if things get a bit slow

After the experiment, I should be very very very available until the 14, I'll dissapear for 24 hours while I fly home, and then I should be ridiculously available until the 28th

EDIT: Updated XP

yosoyleko
2011-11-29, 05:05 AM
just going through some tough times in lab - my PI did not get funded and ended up moving to Singapore... scary. So now I'm in a different lab trying to finish things as soon as possible.

WTF!!!! Dude!!!! WTF!?!?!?!
I mean!!! WTF?!?!?
That sucks so bad!!!
So what are you gonna do now?!?!
Mmmm maybe we should talk some time!?
Skype?
T'night?

Drothmal
2011-12-01, 08:11 PM
Just reminding you guys that I'm waiting for your statements before I resolve the actions

yosoyleko
2011-12-02, 03:46 AM
Ahhh!!!
Esperen un poco más!
Estoy subiendo de nivel la ficha (porque todavía no lo había hecho!!!)
Sorry, prometo que contesto cuanto antes!!!!

Karath
2011-12-06, 04:30 PM
I'll post my actions in a second. Sorry again about the disappearance.

How does posting our character sheets help? just in case the DM wants to look something up? We should probably still do most of our rolls etc, or Herni's going to run out of time...

Also, as per a previus maraxus comment: we should assume this is not a trap because the magic door actually healed us and restored our powers. That's too big a risk to take if they're trying to trick us into freeing the mage.

Karath
2011-12-06, 04:45 PM
adding a roll for increased HP for level 4

[roll0]

subcomarc
2011-12-06, 05:30 PM
We are linking our CS just so that if Herni needs to see them to check for a specific save when planning a move or anything, he doesn't need to go back. Also in case he wanted to go over the renewed characters to see if everything was fine. I'm happy that you rejoined, I was really missing this stuff.

Drothmal
2011-12-06, 08:47 PM
adding a roll for increased HP for level 4

[roll0]

Don't need to roll for HP, you get 75% of your HD (so d6 gets 4, d8 gets 6, d10 gets 7.5 and d12 gets 8)

Drothmal
2011-12-06, 08:54 PM
We are linking our CS just so that if Herni needs to see them to check for a specific save when planning a move or anything, he doesn't need to go back. Also in case he wanted to go over the renewed characters to see if everything was fine. I'm happy that you rejoined, I was really missing this stuff.

I appreciate the efforts to make my life easier. In fact, I have a status type that I'd like you guys to try

(taken from my paladin in another game)
Status
HP=20/20
AC=20, FF=17, Touch=13
F= +7, R= +6, W= +5

Most of the time, you'll just be able to copy and paste the results from your previous fight. And that usually gives me enough info to make your saves see if attacks hit

Drothmal
2011-12-06, 10:55 PM
2 comments

-I decided to delay Karath's action (even though that increased the chances of Maraxus and Orphias being hit) since Gust of Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/gust-of-wind) was the perfect spell to counter Fog Cloud (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fog-cloud), which I had as the Dark Stalker's first action.

I think in this cases, a more epic action is preferable over the specific rules (as in, with Karath's initiative, I should have let him act before the dark stalker, making the rest of the fight significatively more difficult for Orphias and Maraxus)

Also

Since I did not get initiative rolls from Maraxus and Orphias (which I had requested), I will roll for them myself

[roll0]
[roll1]

You need a result of over 18 to get to act before the enemies

EDIT: Orphias and Karath get to act now. The it will be the dark folk (whoever is left) and then it will be Maraxus

Though Maraxus still has an AoO against the Dark Creeper, so I also expect him to post

Drothmal
2011-12-06, 11:02 PM
Oh, btw, image for the Dark Stalker

http://images.wikia.com/pathfinder/images/c/c6/Dark_stalker.jpg

Drothmal
2011-12-07, 05:50 PM
Since the result of Karath's spell will determine the outcome of the fight, I've decided to roll this one publicly

[roll0] (vs DC 17)

EDIT: And he does not make it... Well, that was a completely one sided fight...

subcomarc
2011-12-07, 06:10 PM
Don't feel bad Hernan... there's still Alejo's severely wounded enemy alive. Maybe he can make some damage, hahahaha. BTW, can't the Stalker climb?

Drothmal
2011-12-07, 06:14 PM
Yeah, but's it's a climb DC 25 (even with the ridiculous +10 that the Dark Stalker has, it's only a 25% chance). And he'd be just walking into three very angry adventurers, ready to strike

But the fight is not over yet! My minions will keep on fighting!!!

EDIT: I'm still waiting for Alejo with the AoO, since my plans will drastically change depending on if he is still alive or not

subcomarc
2011-12-07, 06:19 PM
Mine died, right?

Drothmal
2011-12-07, 06:22 PM
yeap, killed him and passed the Fort save (well done!)

Drothmal
2011-12-09, 11:52 AM
Maraxus takes 1 STR damage from poison

Rolling for saves for Maraxus for later rounds

DC=15

Round 2/6
[roll0]
[roll1]

Round 3/6
[roll2]
[roll3]

Round 4/6
[roll4]
[roll5]

Round 5/6
[roll6]
[roll7]

Round 6/6
[roll8]
[roll9]

EDIT: Maraxus ends up with 2 STR damage

Drothmal
2011-12-09, 12:53 PM
THAT WAS AWESOME GUYS!!!!! You are all really inspiring me. The adventure so far is at least 3-5 times cooler than what I had imagined when I first planned it!!!

Now, let's hand out some rewards!!!

1000xp for each!!!!

(It might seem a lot considering that the fight was fairly easy, but that was only because of great team tactics and good rolls on your part. I had 4 guys with envenomed weapons that, after 2 roudns of buffing, would be attacking you while you guys still had a 40% miss chance)

Treasure!!!

15 doses of poison!! (Remember, this can be used to make an anti-poision or can be resold later)

For when you look up the things left after the explosion:
-1 scroll of ice spear (lvl 3 spell, CL 5, deals 1d6 cold damage in a 30ft line, ref for half)

-a frost weapon (not +1 frost, just frost - adds 1d6 cold damage -. I think it's silly that it has to be +1 before it can get certain properties). This weapon can either be a longsword (that Orphias could use) or it can be a gem that can be attached to Maraxus Falcata.

I offer the chance that you guys decide who gets the treasure. If you cannot come to an agreement, I will make the decision myself. But I though it would be nice to offer

subcomarc
2011-12-09, 01:08 PM
Maraxus' damage strategy consists of making one single hit with loads of damage. Mine, on the other hand, is about showering the opponent with attacks and pile up STR damage. Sure, it would be great to switch one of my d6 for a d8+1d6 (huge difference actually), but I believe it's gonna be better for the team if Maraxus gets the gem, so that his single attack is even one more d6 deadlier. Specially because my character can take several rounds of heavy beating before worrying, while Maraxus' survival, if he can't escape, is really tied to getting rid of his enemy ASAP. That extra d6 can surely help do the trick. Finally, I can always cast surge and get an extra head if we are really desperate for some extra melee damage... What do you guys think?

Drothmal
2011-12-11, 02:33 AM
I agree with Hernan's assessment

But let me remind you that IC, you don't know about the frost ability nor the scroll. You only have seen a sword and a piece of parchment. Until someone states that they investigate what they are, I cannot move the game forwards...

yosoyleko
2011-12-12, 11:46 AM
BTW, playing with you guys is TOP FUN.

I'm running an "in vivo" Council of Thieves PF adventure Path here in Madrid... it's so cool!(Not as cool as Curse of the Crimson Throne, Hernan, but almost!)

It would be so awesome to play one of the official PF adventure path with you guys some time, maybe as a DM in these forums after we are done with this one!

Let's move on with the adventure!

Drothmal
2011-12-12, 12:55 PM
BTW, playing with you guys is TOP FUN.

I'm running an "in vivo" Council of Thieves PF adventure Path here in Madrid... it's so cool!(Not as cool as Curse of the Crimson Throne, Hernan, but almost!)

It would be so awesome to play one of the official PF adventure path with you guys some time, maybe as a DM in these forums after we are done with this one!

Let's move on with the adventure!

Honestly, Paizo's adventure paths are amazing. I'm playing two through PbP Curse of the Crimson Throne (City based game with political intrigue and a very well made city with tons of detail) and Kingmaker (Exploration game that eventually has rules for making and running your own kingdom!)

I had made character for a Serpent Skull game (jungle exploration and running an exploration camp), though the game died very early, so I don't know much about it

I'd love to try playing an AP with you guys. I'd be more than willing to play Serpent Skull, Carrion Crown (afaik, a more horror setting) or the new one, Jade Reagent (caravan going to Eastern/Asian kingdoms, don't know much about it). I know very little about Legacy of Fire (I think that one is dessert based, with mummies and stuff) and Council of Thieves

Anyways, that's certainly a possibility. Hernan also offered to DM after this game is done. Though I must say I'm very happy with the adventure so far, so I might want to finish this chapter and do the next one (I have everything written out up to chapter 3)

Also, there is no reason why we could not have 2 games running (though I would admit that might be hard considering that we are proceeding slowly with just 1 game)

yosoyleko
2011-12-13, 09:05 AM
ARGGH!!! Im rolling crap again!

Drothmal
2011-12-13, 12:51 PM
As far I've seen, Orphias and Maraxus are waiting for Karath to open with a salvo of the ice spell before they attack

Please correct me if I'm wrong

subcomarc
2011-12-13, 02:49 PM
Well yes, unless Karath proposes a different strategy that would be the case.

subcomarc
2011-12-13, 08:52 PM
Mother of God! I'm on fire! I'll roll for the critical hit here:

[roll0]

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Karath
2011-12-14, 12:14 AM
hi guys, didn't realize there had been so many posts.

I'm going to watch for incoming danger and, if allowed, use my wind servant skills to push away spores the bad plant may throw at us.

What do you think, almighty DM?

Drothmal
2011-12-14, 12:20 AM
eeeeeh. it's up to you. Orphias had suggested that you used the cold spell (ice spear) scroll

But it's up to you whatever you want to do. Just post IC your actions

EDIT: You can do a know nature check to see if you know if your ability will be enough to disperse the spores

Know Nat DC 15
There's a 75% chance that your ability would be able to dissipate the spores

subcomarc
2011-12-14, 04:57 AM
Can't he just ask Orphias? It would save him from the event of failing the roll. The parchment or any cold spell would do btw.

Karath
2011-12-14, 09:17 AM
meh, didn't fail the roll so we're in business.

Let's go ahead and attack - that scroll is too valuable right now, since I can learn it as an actual spell. Besides, use it against an unmoving plant? At least give me a badass enemy with a black armor!!

Drothmal
2011-12-14, 12:01 PM
meh, didn't fail the roll so we're in business.

Let's go ahead and attack - that scroll is too valuable right now, since I can learn it as an actual spell. Besides, use it against an unmoving plant? At least give me a badass enemy with a black armor!!

(posting from phone)

1) You can learn that spell later anyways (FYI, that's a houserule I had not mentioned)

2) the plant does move (though slowly)

I'll try to roll for consequences when I get to my next layover (LA) in about 1.5-2 hours

subcomarc
2011-12-14, 02:45 PM
Hahaha, black armor and horns!!!
I can agree with the idea of saving the scroll for learning it later (it's a shame that you don't have other cold spells. Ok then, I'm guessing the houserule changes everything.
In either case, Orphias will accept and attack, but this plant is not to be underestimated: the disease damage goes to constitution, and hallucinations can render us helpless for up to four rounds. On top of that, the slam attack has crazy bonifiers.
I assume that your high roll will allow you to notice the different stances the plant adopts when getting ready to release spores, etc. If the control strategy fails, please be ready to annihilate the creature at once, since otherwise we could become useless until we find some antivenom for this particular toxic, or even worse.

Drothmal
2011-12-15, 11:47 PM
As usual with rolls that might or might not change the course of a battle (very easy versus very hard), I'll do that post here

I think it's more dramatic :smallcool:

[roll0] (26-100 counts as dissipating spores)

Drothmal
2011-12-16, 12:27 AM
Just in case, I'll clarify

SLICING THE LEG IS JUST FOR DESCRIPTION PURPOSES, IT DOES NOT GIVE ANY ADVANTAGES IN TERMS OF NUMBERS. THIS IS A WARNING FOR MOST OF THE DESCRIPTIONS. OTHERSWISE, I WILL SWITCH TO "you deal damage" AS THE ONLY NARRATIVE TOOL FOR COMBAT

Like I said, just in case.

The Basidirond had sensed you coming and had readied an action, so it was ahead of you in the initiative

Your turn gentlemen.

Karath
2011-12-19, 07:10 PM
spell use question:
- web: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web

I'm assuming the plant doesn't have a high reflex save. Even so, what happens if the plant fails? it becomes grappled? I guess what I mean to ask is whether or not Karath thinks this could stop the creature from attacking Orphias in the same way it would prevent a humanoid from doing so.

If this is the case (ie successful grapple), Karath will go ahead and cast the Web spell in the IC (you can write it if I don't respond).

BTW, DC of the spell is 19 :) (DC = 10base, +2 level, +5 Int, +2 conj/greater conj feats)
BTW btw, WHOA. 19???

Drothmal
2011-12-19, 11:26 PM
spell use question:
- web: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web

I'm assuming the plant doesn't have a high reflex save. Even so, what happens if the plant fails? it becomes grappled? I guess what I mean to ask is whether or not Karath thinks this could stop the creature from attacking Orphias in the same way it would prevent a humanoid from doing so.

If this is the case (ie successful grapple), Karath will go ahead and cast the Web spell in the IC (you can write it if I don't respond).

BTW, DC of the spell is 19 :) (DC = 10base, +2 level, +5 Int, +2 conj/greater conj feats)
BTW btw, WHOA. 19???

Yes, the web spell would work normally against the plant, so you can use it. I'll see if I can post in a bit

Drothmal
2011-12-20, 12:52 AM
Creature had a 20 on its Ref save. Decided to play the double 1s for Maraxus as the creature getting a counter on him (no mechanic penalties, but something cool)

Your turn gentlemen. I'd appreciate if I could get your actions within 24 hours (48 at most). Remember that I encourage leaving actions that you would take in future turns if you don't think you'll be able to post...

Drothmal
2011-12-21, 10:29 PM
I bring to your attention that the last IC post was edited.

Not that I am a sore looser with the dice roller or anything

subcomarc
2011-12-21, 11:24 PM
CLW - (1d8+1)[2]

EDIT: I AM THE MASTER OF REALITY, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS

POTION CURES 6HP

Me reí tanto cuando leí el edit que me hicieron SHHHHH desde el pasillo

Drothmal
2011-12-22, 12:02 PM
Damn, I forgot the monster stats back at the US (it's not a big deal, but i need to remake it)

Rolling for init

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

EDIT: You all go first

Drothmal
2011-12-22, 12:12 PM
Image!!

Not sure size is enough

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/c58/289/c58289ad-98c1-4cff-9fa8-939bee41a22d.medium

Drothmal
2011-12-22, 12:38 PM
In case that anyone wants to roll a check, it should be Knowledge(arcana)

Will edit and spoiler results

DC 15
This creature is an animated object, a mundane item enchanted to a semblance of life through powerful magic. This result reveals all construct traits.

DC 20
The shape of this animated object makes it more effective than it would otherwise be. This result reveals any special attacks the animated objust might have (blind, constrict or trample) and any increase in speed due to legs or wheels.

If you are reading this, you realize that the animated object moves more slowly (20ft) and has 2 attacks (one with the left hand, one with the staff held in the right hand) and its able to reduce the damage inflicted to it

DC25
Staff has a 10' reach, the animated object is made of rock, so it has Hardness 8

Drothmal
2011-12-22, 04:28 PM
I apologize if I was not clear from the description (though Hernan might want to go forwards with his plan nonetheless)

The statue is a LARGE animated object made of STONE

A very rough approximation would be....

3 meters tall x 1 meter wide x .5 depth = 1.5 cubic meters

I'll look up the stone's density later, but be warned accordingly

subcomarc
2011-12-22, 04:35 PM
Currently my strength is at 17, which would mean a maximum carrying capacity of 780 lbs after the spell... My character is intelligent enough (more that the real me, that's for sure); would you say that it is obvious that the construct weights much more than that?

Drothmal
2011-12-22, 05:17 PM
From wikipedia

The density of most stones is between two and three tons per cubic meter. The average weight of granite is about 2.75 metric tons per cubic meter, limestone 2.3 metric tons per cubic meter, sandstone or marble 2.5 tons per metric cubic meter

once again, let's do a broad calculation

1.5 cubic meters x 2.5 tons/cubic meter = 3.75 tons

Not sure if this is metric or short tons, but here's both

3.75 metric tons = 8 267.33483 pounds

3.75 short tons = 7500 pounds

soooooooo, I doubt that you can lift this guy. Though I would allow to use the extra carrying capacity to throw things at if if you need to

Karath
2011-12-22, 06:11 PM
[roll0]

Official roll since I made a mistake

yosoyleko
2011-12-24, 12:26 PM
SOLO QUERIA SALUDARLES LAS FIESTAS POR AQUI MUCHACHOS,
MUCHOS ABRAZOS Y BESOS A TODOS Y A LAS FAMILIES!!!!
QUE PASEN UNA GENIAL NOCHEBUENA, NAVIDAD, NOCHEVIEJA Y AÑO NUEVO ENTRE LOS SUYOS!!!!

CIAO!

alejo

subcomarc
2011-12-24, 01:11 PM
Gracias!! Para vos tambien! Saludos enormes para todos!

Drothmal
2011-12-24, 03:44 PM
Gracias! Aca nosotros dos y toda la familia les mandan saludos! Feliz navidad y que el 2012 sea un exito!

Drothmal
2011-12-24, 03:46 PM
Now, returning to our regular program

I will delete my post in the IC since it does break the flow of the game quite a bit (Alejo, if you could spoiler your comment, it'd be awesome)

let's see if this guy is able to land a hit on the squishy wizard...

EDIT: Just in case, here's the relevant information of the post

Maraxus can help Orphias if he so chooses. If it's just Orphias, the tree will deal 2d8 + STR (*1.5). If it is both Orphias and Maraxus, a bigger tree can be picked up and you can deal 3d8 + combined STR *1.5

EDIT 2: You can use whichever to hit is better (though right now is +6 to both of you) and then you add +2 from one of you "aiding" the other with aid another. And remember to subtract the -4 for improvised weapon

subcomarc
2011-12-26, 01:16 PM
Confirmando crítico del árbolllllll (de cuánto será el multiplicador? Será como una lanza?)

[roll0]

EDIT: DOBLE CRITICO BOLUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subcomarc
2011-12-26, 01:18 PM
Se viene la tercera tirada, hagan sus apuestas... ¿y si saco un tercer 20? BRACE YOURSELVES!

[roll0]

EDIT: YAAAARGGGGGGGG! ALMOOOST!

Drothmal
2011-12-26, 04:06 PM
That's great guys!

Though it is still not your turn yet.

Karath still has to act and then the monster

Improvised weapons have a x2 critical multiplier

It's still a lot though! Well done!

subcomarc
2011-12-26, 04:07 PM
Do we get any reward for scoring two 20s in a row?

Drothmal
2011-12-26, 04:09 PM
Yes! You get to deal double damage!!!

Congratulations!

:smallamused::smallamused::smallamused:

subcomarc
2011-12-26, 04:10 PM
In other words... it's just like a regular crit, no? Hahahaha

Drothmal
2011-12-26, 04:11 PM
yeap, just a regular 46 points of damage, you know, spare change

subcomarc
2011-12-26, 04:12 PM
LOOOL :smallbiggrin:

Drothmal
2011-12-26, 05:00 PM
Oh, not that it matters, but technically, it was only +4 to hit this time since there was no room for charging

Like I said, not that it matters

Drothmal
2011-12-26, 05:36 PM
Congratulations!!! You made it to level 5!!!

Let me remind you that you don't have access to any lvl 5 abilities until you have rested!!!

Don't worry, rest will come soon. Just a bit more of plot, but no more combats till then

maybe :smalltongue:

Drothmal
2011-12-28, 03:13 PM
I'll be flying tonight, and get to Lindsey's place tomorrow. It'll take me a bit to get back to posting, but I wanted to leave you guys with a tease of the story before we keep moving

Over the next 2 days, I want you all to upgrade your characters to level 5!

Drothmal
2011-12-30, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that no one has updated their sheets :smallfrown:

And though I promised more storytelling, I was hoping for some response to the reveal of the underlying plot of the campaign... Though maybe I should have clarified that you could respond

Anyways, I'll try posting in the IC soon with the rest of your journey to the last part of the dungeon!!

yosoyleko
2012-01-03, 09:00 AM
Hernan, estabamos todos resacosos de la fiesta de año nuevo, perdonanos!!!
Jajaja... I'm back to posting now...

La trama no la entiendo todavía muy bien, así que tendrás que dejarme un tiempo más para que lea entre líneas.

So, ... I'm leveling up now... don't worry, level 5 is the most boring for rogues... So, I'll be posting my sheet in like 5 seconds.

EDIT: Done

subcomarc
2012-01-04, 10:28 AM
Updated CS coming right up! I implemented some changes on Orphias, just for fun. You'll see :)

Drothmal
2012-01-04, 03:53 PM
Update coming later today. But basically, there are no ways around except working your way through debris (and resting/recovering spells while you do so)

let me remind you that you recover 1 point of ability damage by resting

Drothmal
2012-01-05, 02:37 PM
CHAN CHAN CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Hope the plot has caught your attention

Basically, I will wait now for you guys to say you want to move on

Drothmal
2012-01-07, 03:06 PM
Just sending a friendly reminder to see if you guys want to post anything else before we move on

I'll send an email just in case

Karath
2012-01-08, 05:49 PM
THE STORY IS SO COOL!!!!! I WANT TO FIND OUT WHO THE CHARACTERS ARE... AND WHERE THEY'RE KEEPING THOSE CRYSTALS!! ... and the powers they must hold...

maybe I can gather them all and use them to fight the demons that hold my father prisoner...

Drothmal
2012-01-09, 03:19 PM
Alright gentlemen, let's get started with the last section of this dungeon

I am very happy to see that posting has increased and that the story seems to have caught on

Incoming IC in a bit

subcomarc
2012-01-09, 04:21 PM
If no one opposes, 'll go first. No weapons in my hands (since now my fingers are the weapons). Mage armor on. I'm back at full strength, HP=48/48 O 34/34 E
AC=23 (MA), FF=21 (MA), Touch=11 F= +7, R= +5, W= +5. I will walk very attentively, and as a ready action, if something cuts the bridge, I shall cast lesser evo surge to grow some wings and try to catch my mates.

subcomarc
2012-01-09, 04:45 PM
Oh, and if by any chance I get to see the kinda sentient being behind this troops, the dude that blocked us and stuff, unless he is ready to kill us or sending fierce enemies against us I would like to attempt a Diplomacy throw to see if he can give me some intel on what's going on. I do speak undercommon and several fiendish languages.

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 01:39 PM
It has been brought to my attention that you guys have recovered some HP from resting.

If I remember correctly, you usually recover lvl+CON modifier hp

Considering that the dungeon is so long and you guys do't have a healer, I will allow for a higher recovery

all of you heal 2x(5+CON) hp (Orphias can distribute this between himself and Etok, they do not heal separately)

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 03:32 PM
Don't mind the man behind the curtain....

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2](Add +6)

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 03:46 PM
And this has absolutely nothing to do with you...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 04:27 PM
Now, there's the little matter of initiatives

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

EDIT: Orphias gets to act. Karath rolled a 1, so his initiative count is really 0 (10-10)

The turn will go
Orphias
Enemies
Maraxus, Karath, Orphias (in any order)

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 04:41 PM
I'd still need CMDs from everyone (you'll have 24 hours for those, otherwise I'll roll them for you tomorrow)

Drothmal
2012-01-12, 05:00 PM
Another clarification (just in case)

None of you passed the perception roll to see the enemies, hence you didn't get to act in the surprise round, hence your readied actions did not go into effect

Drothmal
2012-01-13, 06:05 PM
24 hours have passed, I will roll the CMD for Karath and Maraxus

Maraxus
[roll0] (EDIT: This is really a result of 1, 11-10=1)
[roll1]

Karath
[roll2] (2BAB+3DEX-1STR-2 off-balance)
[roll3]

Drothmal
2012-01-13, 06:12 PM
I realize not that I offered a free reroll for those on the plataform. Though it could be applied to Maraxus' roll, I do not feel comfortable using such a limited result in the PCs name (unless it is completely necessary). I'll assume that Maraxus only being knocked off balance is not enough to merit the reroll

Let me know if I should act differently in the future

Incoming IC

Drothmal
2012-01-13, 06:57 PM
Another clarification (this happens when you try to design your own adventure with unique encounters)

It is assumed that you guys will keep moving forwards as far as you can (and yes, you can still do full round attacks and all that jazz) while the creature throw themselves at you

Unless someone has a specific idea of how to deal with the running in the setting I posted (I am open to ideas), please stick to the actions I offered and we'll assume you keep running while you do

yosoyleko
2012-01-16, 03:28 AM
BTW, WTF...

Did you see this new thing to play tabletop RPGs?

http://www.epawn.fr/

subcomarc
2012-01-16, 03:32 AM
BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Por fin una buena razón para comprarme un tablet! Siempre soñé con algo como esto mientras hacía aventuras. Siempre!

Karath
2012-01-16, 08:08 PM
just posted. The internet almost ate my post on the IC. I'll catch up on OoC soon :)

Caught up on OoC. Which means
- my CMD in the IC post should actually be 13, since i did not count the -2 from being off balance.

- the tabletop thing looks amazing. If only it allowed for input from multiple iPads/tablets through a "cloud" set up... oooh I dream.

- when you guys can, please reply to Karath - he has a plan!!

Drothmal
2012-01-16, 08:29 PM
@Karath: I'd argue that the enemies are actually coming within 5ft of the PCs (they are charging and running into you, not throwing projectiles), hence, I'll average out the coverage between the two options

50+20=70/2=35

Now, some rolls

[roll0] (1-35 hits)
[roll1] (1-35 hits)
[roll2] (1-35 hits)
[roll3] (1-35 hits)

Drothmal
2012-01-16, 08:37 PM
It seems that I've made a mistake

if you have a 35% change of miss, you it's either 1-35=miss or 76-100=miss

Luckily for the numbers I rolled above, that means that in either case only one of the enemies misses, hence there is no reason to reroll

I'll have an IC post in a bit

Drothmal
2012-01-16, 08:48 PM
[roll0]

I'll be using your reroll for the floating disk

Drothmal
2012-01-17, 12:38 PM
Let's see those will saves against illusion

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Drothmal
2012-01-17, 12:40 PM
Soooooooo.... only one makes it

great...

Now, for the miss chance (1-35 misses)
[roll0]

I must admit, that was well timed, since this was supposed to be the worst wave

yosoyleko
2012-01-17, 12:43 PM
GOOOD! How longer are we going to have to hold on!?!?

Drothmal
2012-01-17, 12:49 PM
There's not much longer, I promise

subcomarc
2012-01-17, 03:30 PM
Only one made it, you say? WELCOME TO CRAPYROLLSVILLE! It was about time that you felt it too, hahahaha!

yosoyleko
2012-01-18, 03:56 AM
That was supposed to be IC... sorry Hernan!
It's not I'm tired of this encounter or anything.
Actually IT FUKING ROCKS!

yosoyleko
2012-01-18, 06:18 AM
I'm getting an actual hard-on because of Karath's spell management... so cool!

Karath
2012-01-18, 10:40 AM
I'm getting an actual hard-on because of Karath's spell management... so cool!

;)

oh the things I do with my magic...

Drothmal
2012-01-18, 01:00 PM
Good job everyone!

I'll wait until this afternoon, but otherwise I'll start moving things along. With Karath's spells, there's very little chance that the next waves of enemies can throw you off the bridge (at least 4 enemies have to save vs the illusion, make it through the mist and you guys need to fail your CMD for you not to break even or improve your standing)

Karath's superb management of spells has won the day!

Karath
2012-01-18, 04:59 PM
rolling CMD

[roll0]

and it worked great!!

edit - that totally was terrible

Drothmal
2012-01-18, 09:26 PM
I will wait for Alejo to decide if Maraxus wants to scout ahead or not

Karath
2012-01-19, 02:07 PM
I think I just decided for him :)

Drothmal
2012-01-19, 03:33 PM
Initiatives

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

@Karath: If you are going to use the Ice lance spell, you can only get 2 targets at at a time (they are in a square formation, so you can only hit 2 vertices with a line)

Drothmal
2012-01-19, 07:47 PM
I've gone over my calculations, and it seems that the number of enemies I'm giving you is waaaaay to large. Hence, I'll be removing 2 Dark Creepers (one from each of the lateral groups)

So, to recapitulate

left=right: Dark Slayer + Dark Creeper (dagger) + Dark Creeper (bow)

center = Dark Slayer + 2x Dark Creeper (dagger) + Dark Creeper (bow)

Drothmal
2012-01-19, 08:09 PM
Let's see how that works out

[roll0]

DC=17

yosoyleko
2012-01-20, 03:48 AM
Rolling my damage here...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Karath
2012-01-20, 11:44 AM
sorry, I'm not clear how far away we are from the enemies or how far they are away from each other. Could you help me out a little? this will help determine my spell usage. Thanks!

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 11:46 AM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX4 Enemies

3 Enemies XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX3 Enemies

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYou

All enemies are 40ft from where you are

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 11:49 AM
Group of 3 enemies

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDark Slayer (furthest from you)

Dark Creeper (bow)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Dark Creeper (dagger)

Enemies are 15 ft from each other (imagine one free diagonal space in between the DS and the DC, two free spaces between the DC)

Group of 4

Dark Creeper (bow)xxxxxxxxxxxDark Slayer

Dark Creeper (dagger)xxxxxxxxxxDark Creeper (dagger)

All enemies are 10ft from each other

@Alejo: Which group of enemies did Maraxus approach?

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 12:34 PM
There, I tried to be as clear as possible

I just don't have the time to make a full map. Let me know if you have questions. If not, make if-then statements

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 02:46 PM
OK, quick battle map

http://i39.tinypic.com/a3352s.jpg

Grey = Archers

Purple = Dark Slayers

Black = Dark Creepers with daggers

Shaded part is the Pit created by Orphias

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 03:58 PM
Alright, let's get this party started!!

I'm going to bot Maraxus and make him go after one of the side groups (based on his description of trying to sneak attack the enemies, which is harder to do if you charge right through the middle of the battlefield)

Now, based on Karath's description, that'd mean that the spell goes to the main group....

But that is actually not very good for you guys, so since I'm boting Maraxus, I will also redirect Karath's spell to knock down the right side group (you'll see why when it's their turn)

now, let's see those Fort saves

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Drothmal
2012-01-20, 04:08 PM
OK, no successes

That means that right side group is out for the count for

[roll0]+1 rounds

Now, we have 2 archers (A) still around

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

2 charging Dark Creepers (D for dagger)

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

One non-charging D

[roll9]
[roll10]

And I will need a will save from Maraxus. But since the result might determine if an attack hits or not, I will have to roll it now for him (sorry)
[roll11]

I was wrong about this, so Alejo can roll for Maraxus in his turn

Karath
2012-01-20, 04:37 PM
quick fort roll then back to experiments

[roll0]

... scary.

edit: I tried to convince the DM I took no damage since I rolled a crit... alas, no luck. I wonder why.

yosoyleko
2012-01-21, 11:11 AM
I just want to say I don't know what happened with the will save I had to make...

First of all Daze Monster should work on me (up to 6 HD). Daze wouldn't (up to 4 HD).
If you rolled the will save for me, it's ok. I authorize it. I mean, the roll crapped on me. But it's cool. I should get no action for the next round...

yosoyleko
2012-01-21, 11:12 AM
I rolled anyway, so it's up to you.

Drothmal
2012-01-21, 04:42 PM
I will take your roll. I had rolled for you thinking that daze monster left you flat footed (hence lowering your armor). But since it was not the case, it should the player, not the DM who makes the roll

Drothmal
2012-01-21, 04:52 PM
Now, let's see those reflexes (vs DC 19)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Maraxus will have to roll against the spell too

EDIT: No saves from enemies

Drothmal
2012-01-21, 04:59 PM
OK, so it seems that is escape artist checks for this round

Interesting, in both cases, the the CMB or the escape artist give the same result

vs DC 19

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Drothmal
2012-01-21, 05:05 PM
so that leaves us with only 2 enemies....

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Karath
2012-01-23, 09:59 AM
I'd like to quickly comment that, if possible, Maraxus should not have to deal with my web spell. After all, I cast it after he attacked, and I would focus the spell at a point where it would affect the other two creatures but not Maraxus... does that make sense? Like, make the center of the spell more to the left, so that the radius would include enemies but not foes. I think that's safe - since I get to act after Maraxus.

Also, here's rolling my fort save...

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 10:14 PM
I was going to say that you guys had won the encounter, but I notice now that this is the last turn for the stinking cloud enemies to be out of action. So we will continue this a bit more

This turn though, there is only one archer

[roll0]
[roll1]

Let's try the escape artist too
[roll2]
[roll3]

Just for reference, the pit trap will have only 6 turns (though that should be plenty)

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 10:17 PM
Unrelated roll

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 10:19 PM
Alejo: You have 2 choices

Either Maraxus moves away (and you have to roll an escape artist or a CMB not to be tangled) or you need to roll a Fort save vs the explosion not to be blinded for a few rounds

subcomarc
2012-01-23, 10:55 PM
Roleando posible crítico (en el primer ataque encima, cosa muy buena porque es el que sirve en caso de hacer un single attack tambien).

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 10:58 PM
You cannot ready two actions that are so different. Your options are

Ready action=Attack (you hit before enemy, only 1 hit)
Delay turn (enemy attacks first, you get full round)
You move

Maybe you chose the wrong term when you said that you readied the action and instead you meant delay. But please bare in mind that readying actions is a very specific mechanic

subcomarc
2012-01-23, 11:02 PM
Indeed, by "reading a full round attack for when the creatures come closer" I meant to delay my turn until they come within my range by their own means. The thing is, if after delaying my action for some reason they still don't come, then I shall attack a single foe not to waste the turn. Is this allowed?

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 11:12 PM
Yeah, that is completely valid

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 11:27 PM
Just wanted to double check that I was not too harsh with the previous 2 posts. I was posting from the phone (and still am), so I cannot elaborate as much as I'd like to.

Anyways. The action is still perfectly valid. In fact, I'll give you the option to charge (and keep the crit) if no enemies move close. Or would you prefer not charging?

Also, I'd need O to pick a target to charge or move closer to

Edit: seems you had picked one. Just to clarify, the enemy in the web?

subcomarc
2012-01-23, 11:32 PM
Don't worry, I didn't find it too hard at all. In fact, I now give you permission in front of everyone to actually be as harsh as you want without having to worry about it :smallbiggrin:.
I'd rather not charge because my current AC makes me almost untouchable to this fellas, and I wouldn't like to change that just yet. I'll go for the guy to my left.

Drothmal
2012-01-23, 11:35 PM
Perfect.

Just to clarify: the enemy in the web, right?

Edit: checking distances, no enemies are within charge unless you charge. Remember that two diagonal step=15'

subcomarc
2012-01-23, 11:37 PM
Actually no, I made a mistake, I meant the other left, hahahah

Drothmal
2012-01-25, 12:24 PM
Sorry guys for not posting yesterday. I have a big presentation for work tomorrow, so I'll have a busy day today

But, to keep things moving (since you've all done a fantastic job at posting often), here's the enemies turn

We have 2 archers now

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Dark Creeper and Dark Slayer will be spellcasting

Let's try the escape artist too
[roll4]
[roll5]

Drothmal
2012-01-25, 12:26 PM
Confirming possible Crit

[roll0]
[roll1] (bows are x3 multiplier)

Karath
2012-01-25, 02:35 PM
let's see if i can pull off 3 in a row...

[roll0]

edit: well, that's just not so good...

Drothmal
2012-01-25, 02:43 PM
Could you roll another 5 more? That way I can know at which round the poison stops harming you further

Karath
2012-01-25, 03:11 PM
Could you roll another 5 more? That way I can know at which round the poison stops harming you further

Uhm no, I'd rather not... but I'll go ahead and do it anyway

round 1: [roll0]
round 2: [roll1]
round 3: [roll2]
round 4: [roll3]
round 5: [roll4]

... here's hoping Karath will make it.

Drothmal
2012-01-25, 03:13 PM
Hence, Karath takes

[roll0] + [roll1]

points of STR damage

Drothmal
2012-01-27, 04:59 PM
OK, let's see this round

[roll0]

Escape artist
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dark Creeper will move
Dark Slayer will be spellcasting

Drothmal
2012-01-27, 11:01 PM
I still need a will save for Orphias.

Also, I'm not sure what your rolls were supposed to be

"come at me bro" sounds like an intimidation to have them attack you

The RD may be a readied action, but I'm not sure what it would be. Also, I think taunting is a standard, not a move action (but I could be wrong)

subcomarc
2012-01-27, 11:13 PM
It's the actions discussed the other day. I just repited the funny name for the throw (it is a taunt made gestures, with intimidate) It is an intimidation for the attack. I also rolled the resistance, is de ResistDaze (RD)

subcomarc
2012-01-27, 11:15 PM
God I suck at posting and english after having a few shots.

yosoyleko
2012-01-28, 05:20 AM
I guess you've all read this by now... but anyhow...
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/01/5th-edition-dungeons-and-dragons/

yosoyleko
2012-01-28, 05:23 AM
I guess you've all read this by now... but anyhow...
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/01/5th-edition-dungeons-and-dragons/

Drothmal
2012-01-28, 01:57 PM
Yeah! I had seen about it. I don't have enough info to really make a decision on the system, and though I'd be willing to look into it, I must say that I'm quite happy with PF

yosoyleko
2012-01-29, 09:59 AM
They've rehired Monte Cook for the rules... it's kind of amazing...
I mean. How desperate are they!?
How long until they realize the problem is ALIENATING previous generations of players!?
They should learn from consumer-electronic companies (Apple, Google, Microsoft)... these guys succeded in deploying ONE product that is good enough so they dont have to change how it works significantly, thus you don't alienate previous users (i.e. you don't alienate Windows vista users when you get Windows 7 out, because it's 90% the SAME product)... You don't alienate iPhone 3 users when you get iPhone 4 out, it's basically the same product and just like 99% of the apps are retrocompatible, so should RULES be retrocompatible in every edition of the game. Of course, every 3-4 iterations, it's not sustainable to make advanced rules retrocompatible, but that's ok cause almost no-one is still playing those rules by then.
I mean, **** me if I didn't understand basic sustainable economy, but Hasbro CEO has to be on CRACK if he doesn't understand what's going on in product development tendencies these days.
Of course, the problem is that consumer-electronic companies make you spend at least 2000 euros every 3 years (in bills, apps, equipment, accesories), and that is imposible by P&P gaming standards, but NO ONE is talking about making a game like D&D grow into a 12 figure business!!!
What's your mind on this?

Karath
2012-01-29, 05:38 PM
A 5th edition was a logical thing do do... personally I can't wait till D&D 6, since that's my favorite number. But I digress...

I know what you mean Leko about not alienating their clients. However, Apple has been doing that for a while. With every new iPhone comes a set of new features, that you can't have if you don't have the latest iPhone. This was true with GB of space, front and back camera, flash... but more so with the software - ie if you have (current gen - 2) you can't upgrade to the new software, forcing you to buy the newest one. If you upgrade regularly it doesn't matter, but I've seen people frustrated by this.

As for the other part... I think what the CEO of Hasbro realized is that he needs to find a way for traditional RPGs to compete with MMORPGs. Actually I don't think HE realized that, but someone in his team must have. That is why the rules on 4E were changed to really simplify and make it seem like World of Warcraft. I don't think they want to keep targeting their old customer base (which by necessity, plays less than they used to, even though they have more financial power) and they want to instead take a piece of the WoW pie. With similar mechanics, they hoped to capture some of those players.

I don't think they've succeeded, so a 5th edition is great. When you think about it, though, the D&D rules are always kinda bloated, with way too many exceptions and weird rules... I took a hiatus from D&D for a while and had a really hard time coming back to it (rule wise ! I love the adventure).

Anyway, I think the next set of rules need to be simple, like those of 4E, but back to a mechanic like the one Pathfinder has. In fact, I think things like simplifying "bull rush" and all those others into "defensive maneuvers" is a GREAT idea. Take away useless skills etc and simplify.

Manu