PDA

View Full Version : INTO THE DEPTHS (OoC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 01:58 AM
hehe, glad to see such lively opinions.

My take is that for now, I'll stick to PF. If anyone wants to change/run another game in another system, I'm down for that if everyone else is

I'll update the IC tomorrow

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 05:42 PM
Ref vs the second web spell (vs DC 19)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 05:43 PM
OK, now the Dark Slayer will try to escape the web (the other guy got burned no problem)

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 05:50 PM
I'm gonna rule in your favor for the order of actions, and I will have the Dark Slayer that made his Reflex check try to move to attack Orphias. If he makes the save, he will realize that it is too dangerous for him to try to get across the web and will no longer go for the summoner (I think this is the most reasonable solution, since I don't want Orphias to have wasted his turn, but there's no way that an intelligent enemy would have risked the web for that)

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 05:51 PM
OK, that leaves us with 2 more guys trying to break free and 1 archer attack

[roll0]
[roll1] (this is the Dark creeper, not the dark slayer, but this is noticeable since it had a +1 instead of a +2)

[roll2]
[roll3]

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 06:01 PM
Oh, yeah, now Maraxus has company

[roll0]
[roll1]

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 06:11 PM
Just to continue my ridiculous number of posts, I realized something

The DC for the web spell should be much lower, since scrolls only keep the minimum requirements for the purposes of DCs (unless more money is spent or specific traits are used)

Scroll DC = 10+(Spell Lvl) + 1 (Min Ability to cast 2nd lvl spell is 12 therefore +1 modifer?)=DC 13

So the Dark Slayer is not tangled

Drothmal
2012-01-30, 06:23 PM
I will not be able to post a map today (I'm at a beamline helping with other's experiments), so please try to keep that in mind when you choose your actions

Remember the following
The enemies to the top right are now in the middle of a web, so they cannot be reached by melee

There is one Dark Creeper free to your left. That web is burning, so the dark slayer will become free too

Drothmal
2012-02-04, 03:20 PM
Sorry for the delay guys, I had a crazy week at work. I have the new map, but it's on the other computer, so I'll have the IC post ready later

In the midtime, I have 3 rolls to make

[roll0]
[roll1]

Escape artist
[roll2]
[roll3]

subcomarc
2012-02-04, 09:18 PM
Oh No! An Alien Pac Man Is Going To Eat Maraxus On The Map!

subcomarc
2012-02-04, 09:35 PM
Rerolling SpellC and possible crit

[roll0]

[roll1]

Karath
2012-02-06, 04:14 PM
rolling required will save

[roll0]

I get two actions now?? sweet.

Edit: Natural 20!!! Do I reverse the daze? Is the enemy dazed that he couldn't daze me??

Drothmal
2012-02-06, 04:27 PM
hahaha, well job on the save. But no, you don't reverse the save (imagine if any natural 20 could reverse your webs or stinking clouds.... mmmm... that is actually a great idea!!:smallamused:)

But yeah, now you get 2 actions. This is something I haven't figured out yet how to do in the pbp games (since we are going with block initiatives instead of a real count). I don't think that giving the players the chance to just stand there as the enemies come close and then have multiple acitons is fair, but it is true that you could have delayed your actions after one of them moved...

Not sure what I'll do in the future. But to keep this battle consistent, you have 2 actions. In the future, I'll probably ask you to set readied actions or lose the turn. But not for this combat

If anyone has any ideas of how to solve this situation, please let me know! :smallsmile:

yosoyleko
2012-02-14, 09:35 AM
Eco co co co co....
Qué está pasando?!

Karath
2012-02-14, 11:49 AM
hi guys, sorry I haven't posted... lots of stuff at work (at least experiments are sometimes working!). I'll catch up on the actions and move right away :)

M

Drothmal
2012-02-14, 03:35 PM
OK, now it's the enemy's turn

First, let's roll for the Slayer's readied action

[roll0]
[roll1]

Drothmal
2012-02-14, 03:38 PM
OK, so now the only guy that is alive and tangled is the enemy that Maraxus is currently fighting

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-02-14, 03:45 PM
If my calculations are correct, that leaves only the three enemies on the upper right

to be fair, I'll roll dice to determine the targets for them

Dark Creeper Archer
[roll0] (1=Illusion, 2=Orphias, 3=Karath)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Dark creeper will just get stabby with the illusion

Dark Slayer will spellcast
[roll3] (1=Illusion, 2=Orphias, 3=Karath)

Drothmal
2012-02-14, 03:48 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot something else...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Karath
2012-02-16, 02:00 AM
Could I get any info on this hand that approahes me, please? Distance from me, size etc?

If you guys haven't noticed, GitP OotS comics have been updated daily.... There's a kickstarter campaign going on!!! (Herni, let's talk about this). I'm on the phone so I can't give you the link... Just search for order of the stick :)

Manu

Drothmal
2012-02-16, 03:18 AM
Look up the spell "spectral hand". That's what he's using

And yeah, I've already singed up for the 10$ donation. Least I could do since I use the forums so much...

Karath
2012-02-16, 07:34 PM
ok, but how far away is it?

Drothmal
2012-02-16, 08:50 PM
Don't know. By the spell description, the hand hovers over the caster. The whole moving thing was more a description

I don't know how high you had levitated. So please use the map to calculate distance (and please let me know)

Karath
2012-02-22, 11:18 AM
guys, this is gonna be my character for the next post-by-post game we play

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869366/The_most_powerful_character._EVER.

Drothmal
2012-02-24, 12:02 AM
OK, let's start the boting then

Orphias will move to attack the archer. Since the archer cannot move away (web spell), he'll also provoke an AoO when he tries to fire with his bow

Normal attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

AoO
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Also, I'll roll the Slayer's Reflex save
[roll6] (DC 17)
Funny thing, even if he saves, he'll land in the web
[roll7] (DC 13)

Drothmal
2012-02-24, 12:08 AM
2 hits, 22 damage. Just the exact amount for the kill
And Dark Slayer did not make it

This only leaves the dark creeper. Who cannot move through the web, has an illusion next to him and will a chance of falling into the pit next turn...

I'm calling this fight over. It is your victory gentlemen

I've also kind of lost track of XP, but don't worry too much about the exact numbers: You'll level up at the end of the dungeon

What was that? How much further are you from finishing the dungeon?

I hope the ominous looking stone catherdral in the middle of nowhere gives you a hint

Just saying

Karath
2012-02-24, 10:22 AM
It's a good thing that we are resting now for a few minutes. I'll take my second wind x2 and use 2 healing surges, and recover most of my HP. I also get again all my encounter powers and one action point.

Oh wait. We haven't been playing D&D 4th edition? In that case I have very few spells left...

Let's plan this out gents!

PS.: also... victory, whoooooOO!!!!!

Drothmal
2012-02-24, 06:41 PM
Well done to all to make it here!!!

I want you guys to give me a VERY VERY clear description of what things (and in what order) are you doing before you walk into the stage of the final battle.

I want a list as follows

Karath (HP):
Mage armor (duration)

Maraxus (HP):
Will try to sneak in (stealth roll)

Orphias (HP):
Enlarge (duration)

Etc

Karath
2012-02-24, 06:42 PM
Hi guys, i'll send this by email as well. I am newly obsessed with D&D and can't wait to keep playing. I found a huge inspirational source in listening to recorded D&D campaigns that take place in Crestfall

http://media.wizards.com/podcasts/DnD_PA_Episode1.mp3

That's the first episode, with the introuduction of the characters, including "Jim Darkmagic". The players actually do 3 sessions, and one live session much later, when they're level 10. It's all 4E (hence my joke before), but I highly recommend it... It feels like when we used to play in Buenos Aires.

Manu

Karath
2012-02-25, 02:06 AM
As stated in the IC, I will cast enlarge person from my wand on both Maraxus and Orphias right before getting in- the spell lasts for 1min. I'll recast later if needed

Drothmal
2012-02-25, 03:50 PM
OK, I'll try having an update later today. I'll try boting Hernan to the best of my ability and I'll have Orphias cast shield too

Drothmal
2012-02-27, 06:53 PM
Sorry I have not been able to update yet (busy weekend with something I had to turn in). I'll probably update later tonight

Drothmal
2012-02-27, 10:49 PM
BTW, no one ever made that list with the buffs... :smallfrown:

I know it is some work, but I need you guys to do some of that work to make my life easier. I have to keep track of the monsters, their stats, their attacks, their saves and their buffs. On top of that is the battle maps. It is a lot of work to on top of that add the PC buffs

OK, that rant out of the way, I'm writing the IC post as I write this. there should be an update within 15'

Drothmal
2012-02-27, 11:29 PM
Let's see those initiatives

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3] (yeah, he has a lot to +Init)

Karath
2012-02-27, 11:45 PM
go spellcraft!

[roll0]

Karath
2012-02-27, 11:48 PM
roll dungeoneering

[roll0]

Karath
2012-02-28, 11:59 AM
I almost got pissed off at the Enlarge spell until I realized it increases not only the strength score, but also the weapon damage... that sounds pretty cool!

To summarize:
+2Str, -2Dex
-1AC and attack rolls due to larger size

weapons are one category larger (check table)
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html#_table-6-5-tiny-and-large-weapon-damage

Questions for DM
1. do Orphias' claws get bigger?
2. please PM me or text about the use of "gust of wind" in this form!

Let's do this guys! Also, to remind you, I warned your characters I have a Haste spell ready to use... as soon as we can see the enemy!

Drothmal
2012-02-28, 01:25 PM
Yes, Orphias Claws do get bigger (they will deal d6 instead of d4)

Also, one of the most important perks of enlarge is that melee fighters get 10' reach, allowing for some tasty AoO (attacks of opportunity)

I will allow you to use the ability as you described. You can just use the Wind Servant skill.

To all: Let me tell you how much I enjoy clever uses of abilities or spells. But keep in mind that everything that is not in the rules is left to my discretion. I'll try to be as fair and logical as possible, but ultimately there will be judgment calls that will or won't be in your favor

Just clarifying for future reference

Drothmal
2012-02-28, 09:36 PM
Small correction: You are facing a Dark Stalker, not a Dark Slayer

You faced a Dark stalker before, right after you had passed the riddle door and had entered the underground jungle. He didn't put as much of a fight since you guys had been able to trap it with create pit

Karath
2012-02-29, 02:26 AM
rolling spellcraft to check out our foe's new ability...

[roll0]

critical hiiiiiiiiiit!

Karath
2012-02-29, 08:36 AM
@yosoyleko - good job with the flour!! It will cover more area... But why are you carrying flour with you??

Let's try to dispatch this guy before he tries to animate the wizard... this kind of mausoleum is a good indicator of his power.

Drothmal
2012-03-02, 05:29 PM
OK, it's official

ESTAMOS EN LA B

Karath
2012-03-02, 06:13 PM
spellcraft to check for the spell or spell-like ability used? was it the same as before?

[roll0]

Edit: great. Critical fail... "guys, i think he cast mage hand".

Edit2: also, are there no attacks of opportunity? He "cast" something, after all...

Drothmal
2012-03-02, 09:14 PM
Same ability as before (even with a 1, you see it again and again)

It's not a spell, but at a supernatural ability. (Su) does not produce AoO

Karath
2012-03-02, 09:30 PM
Karath is gonna cast protection from Evil from one of his wands, to protect himself. I'll do the proper post when not from a phone. Buffs: Haste down by one, enlarge down by one.

Edit: posted main post. Need help with figuring out ACs... sorry guys. I just don't know how the +2 deflection bonus from Protection from Evil stacks to FF and touch... I did my best.

Drothmal
2012-03-03, 03:24 PM
@Hernan: That was a perfectly phrased readied action (for future reference)

Karath
2012-03-03, 06:11 PM
Hernan, did you add the +1 from haste to your reflex?

subcomarc
2012-03-03, 06:19 PM
No, I didn't! Thanks for the tip!

Karath
2012-03-05, 12:52 PM
We're waiting for leko, no?

Drothmal
2012-03-05, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I'll probably wait until tomorrow for him. I'll have his readied action be to attack anything that appears

subcomarc
2012-03-08, 08:00 PM
So let me get this straight. I am under the effects of both enlarge and haste, which means I should be able to take the move-equivalent action to find/pinpoint this guy, and then use my 10 ft reach and spare actions to unleash a full-round attack, right?

Drothmal
2012-03-08, 08:09 PM
Haste no longer gives an extra move action

from haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste)
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can't use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

So you can use move action to find where he is, move (Edit: 5ft step) in that direction and make a single attack at the creature (though the darkness and invisibility give you a 50% miss chance)

Drothmal
2012-03-08, 09:17 PM
Maraxus and Karath can make a Perception check (DC 20 for Karath, DC 15 for Maraxus, since he was trying to mirror Orphias) to listen for the direction in which Orphias moved when tracing the Dark Stalker by scent

If you succeed, you have a 70% chance of miss (since you don't know the specific square). For every 5 you beat the DC, you reduce the chances by 10%, to a minimum of 50%

Karath
2012-03-09, 11:27 AM
not sure what my action is going to be, but here's a perception roll just in case

[roll0]

edit: not bad! 60% fail chance!

Karath
2012-03-09, 01:25 PM
note: I posted on the IC and cast protection from evil on Maraxus. I did not calculate for percentage failure, since I'm not targeting the enemy, and since I knew were Maraxus was (after all, we were moving 'en masse'). Is that an approved use of the spell or do I have to roll?

DM, I'll roll percentage miss anyway just in case, but please consider the point above before determining if I had to roll

[roll0]
(note 61 to 100 pass, 1-60 fail)

Drothmal
2012-03-09, 07:36 PM
No miss chance for friendly spells

Karath
2012-03-12, 07:32 AM
@Drothmal : awesome, thanks for clarifying.

Hernan, we're waiting for your post to move forward (and get attacked again).

Drothmal
2012-03-12, 11:25 AM
Yeah, sorry about that guys. I've been very busy with a friend's visit and I haven't had time to post. I don't know if I'll have time to update today, but tomorrow we'll return to our regular programming.

Drothmal
2012-03-14, 01:01 PM
Sorry about the delay. I had forgotten the enemy's stats at home, so I couldn't post yesterday

Without further delay, I give you your death the dark stalker's attack

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Drothmal
2012-03-16, 03:44 PM
While we wait for Alejo, I'll roll that Ref check

[roll0]

Yeah, Reflex is kind of his thing

EDIT: And this is where Karath is happy that we didn't make a rule that crit saves against spells does not deflect/reflect said spell

Karath
2012-03-16, 05:12 PM
yeah because that rule would have been ridiculous!!! it's like saying that if they get a critical hit on their attack against me the sword pierces them instead!!

... Actually, statistically that may work in our favor, since SO many enemies attack us so frequently.

PS.: boo his Reflex check. He still takes 4dmg. AND! I was wondering if my flash of light provides us temporary vision against his spell or spell-like ability... what do you think?

Drothmal
2012-03-16, 05:15 PM
I'm willing to reduce the miss probabilty to 30% (this does not affect Orphias, who still managed to pass the miss chance)

Drothmal
2012-03-17, 06:39 PM
Leko, you get a third attack due to your readied action

Drothmal
2012-03-17, 06:41 PM
Also, I love how both Hernan and Alejo did an all or nothing tactic for the miss chance (you can also roll the miss chance per attack).

And I find it very very funny that Alejo chose the bottom half of the numbers while Hernan Chose the top half, with both of you rolling in the right range

Karath
2012-03-18, 12:19 AM
Also, I love how both Hernan and Alejo did an all or nothing tactic for the miss chance (you can also roll the miss chance per attack).

And I find it very very funny that Alejo chose the bottom half of the numbers while Hernan Chose the top half, with both of you rolling in the right range

Maybe they edited the reference numbers ;)

yosoyleko
2012-03-18, 08:53 AM
Shut your mouth up, Manu!

heheheh

Just joking!!!

I always see the glass half-empty... maybe Hernan sees it the other way around?

subcomarc
2012-03-18, 08:58 AM
That accusation is preposterous!! *deletes the script used to edit posts* There's no evidence whatsoever!!! *burns laptop just in case*

Now as for Leko's comment... while it's true that I tend to always see the glass half-full, I think this is maybe more of a way of facing a challenge. I see it as an effort to be made, I doubt my skills, I presume I need to overcome a threshold and try to get a score as high as possible. Alejo, on the other hand, is confident of his skills, and knows that if he wants victory all he has to do is calculate the exact amount of strength, just trying not to overshoot.

Karath
2012-03-18, 11:48 AM
while I prefer to cheat and just use magical powers so I don't even have to roll ;)

Drothmal
2012-03-18, 02:19 PM
Since I'm a total nerd, I just want to point out how good your rolls for the last round were

I haven't done probability in a while, so this might be all wrong (you probably have noticed by now, you hit with 25)

Orphias

Concealment = 50%
Chances to hit/attack = 35% => chances to miss/attack=65%

10 (combinations for 2 hits and 3 misses) x 0.65^3 x .35^2 = 33.6%

Orphias chances = 16.8%

Maraxus
concealment = 50% (it was 30% due to Karath's spell, but it would have still hit without the help, so I'm using the 50%)
chances to hit /attack= 25% => chances to miss/attack=75%

3 (combinations for 2 hits and 1 miss) x 0.75 x 0.25^2 = 14%

Since these are disjointed events, the probability of both happening is the multiplication of the individual probabilities

14% * 33.6% = 4.725%

That is indeed very very good luck.

OK, after that I'm feeling a bit better after you dealt so much damage to my boss. I was thinking that I had miscalculated your power.

EDIT: Looking at the math again, I realize that this is not completely true. Your chances were slightly higher since I should have added the combinations for 3/3 hits for maraxus and 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5 combinations for Orphias (since it is more an at least than a specific number.... I'll try reworking the math later

Still, I would doubt that you are over the 15% chances of pulling this off

OK, trying again

Orphias

10 (combinations for 2 hits and 3 misses) x 0.65^3 x .35^2 = 33.6%
10 (combinations for 3 hits and 2 misses) x 0.65^2 x .35^3 = 18.1%
5 (combinations for 4 hits and 1 misses) x 0.65^1 x .35^4 = 4.9%
1 (combinations for 5 hits and 0 misses) .35^5 = 0.5%

Orphias' chances to hit = 57.1% x 50% = 28.55%

Maraxus (I had forgotten his 50% chance to miss!)

3 (combinations for 2 hits and 1 miss) x 0.75 x 0.25^2 = 14%
1 (combinations for 3 hits and 0 miss) x 0.25^3 = 1.5%

Maraxus' chances to hit = 15.5% x 50% = 7.75%

And now we should get the final probability

28.55*7.75 = 2.21%

Even if taking into consideration the 30% miss chance for Maraxus form Karath's spell, the probability only increases to 3%

Very well done!!!!

Karath
2012-03-19, 08:48 AM
so what the DM wants to say is that, amongst the three of us... we rolled the equivalent of something better than a critical hit! Go us!

Dear DM, what's going on with the darkness? Is it still on us? I think my character will try to step away from it and repeat the trick of using wind to pinpoint the enemies location - this time with oil and a more powerful spell, since I have a general idea of where he is going.

Also, do we get a roll for the glass? Orphias suggested it was something interdimensional... would you let us know if there is any roll we can make?

Drothmal
2012-03-19, 10:44 AM
Darkness is still on you. Orphias flight allows you to see that it's a 25' radius from where you had started. You may choose to leave the sphere if you so choose.

And you are allowed to try anything you want against the enemy

The glass was a sound effect that will become clear later. I'll let you know if you have to make any rolls (or I will make them for you publicly or in secret)

Drothmal
2012-03-20, 09:18 PM
Let me start by saying "man, I should really have looked at the new version of dispel before making an NPC strategy based on it"

It seems that dispel only works on one person now...

OK, this is what we'll do. Both O and K will be targeted by the dispel. I'll make it up to you later by allowing 3 dispels in the future to do this in your favor

Now, normally I would roll the dispel check and I would tell you which spells remain and which don't

But that would be boring

We are going to do an alternate system where you will roll your own dispel magic spell and see if you lose any of your spells

Dispel magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dispel-magic)

Basically, Karath and Orphias will roll 1d20+6 (sorcerer spell) and, depending on the result, they might lose one spell they have on them

Special case for Orphias: In your case, this is a targeted dispel to your flight evolution. If you roll lower than 15, nothing happens. If you roll above, please also roll 3d6 for falling damage

subcomarc
2012-03-20, 09:27 PM
Dun dun DUUUUUUN!

What will happen?? Will the adventurers lose their powers?

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Well... Fornicate Under Consensus of the King.

Karath
2012-03-21, 12:44 AM
I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be rolling against... What is
The DC of my spells? Is it DC 11 + caster level
Of cast spell? If so...

[roll0]
And hope for a low roll...

DC of my spells :
- enlarge - DC12
- protection - DC12
- haste - DC 16

Drothmal
2012-03-21, 02:06 AM
ok, let's roll a die to see which one you lose

Wait, Karath is not enlarged

You just lose the protection from evil spell

Now the three of you officially can act no problem

Btw, Dark stalker is within 5'step of Maraxus. 30' from where Orphias fell and 35' from Karath's position

Drothmal
2012-03-21, 12:37 PM
Trip is succesful, but not having the improved trip feat creates an AoO

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: critical miss

subcomarc
2012-03-21, 01:53 PM
I guess you'll figure out what kind of misfortune to use for embodying his miss... Be that as it may, if he tries to stand up he gives me an AoO, which I roll here:

[roll0][roll1][roll2]

subcomarc
2012-03-21, 08:36 PM
Em... es mi impresión o Alejo acaba de meter 21 puntos de daño en un crítico?

yosoyleko
2012-03-22, 04:54 AM
No es crítico, me había equivocado yo, la falcata es 19-20/x3...
Por uno no le meto una buena tunda!!!!

Karath
2012-03-23, 07:39 PM
I posted my action as casting web against the enemy. I don't think I fully understand the scenario. If orphias is grappling the enemy and maraxus is on top of him, then maybe web is just a stupid idea... unless he really has a much lower reflex save now that he's grappled. If so, the spell should provide an extra layer of protection from this guy escaping.

Thoughts? DM thoughts? What's up with the glass sound?

subcomarc
2012-03-23, 08:16 PM
Hello there!

So, to clarify from my PC position: I'm not grappling the enemy, I executed a trip combat manoeuvre. He's on the ground, and his AC is down 4 points. Now, this guy's reflex save is huge. Better than mine for sure, don't know if better than Maraxus'. Right now, unless you can somehow cast the web over him alone, I see it as a bad idea; it would be immobilizing Maraxus and I after we finally got this guy against the ropes, only for the hope of preventing a possible escape. Rather, if he actually escapes and gains some distance, then the spell would be a great idea.

That's just my take on things. If I'm wrong just go for it and we'll deal with the web like bosses! :)

Karath
2012-03-25, 11:17 AM
Fair points. I'm just concerned the guy is gonna try to run away from your fifteen arms and from Maraxus Narwa...

I guess my spell could be a readied action, but I wanted to cast it right now because I'm pretty sure his reflex save should be greatly decreased... I don't remember the rules, but what kind of reflex save can you make when you are pinned to the ground?? I think you lose the DEX modifier etc, kinda like when you are flat footed.

subcomarc
2012-03-25, 12:39 PM
I see what you mean, but I'm not pinning him yet. I just tripped him, I'll try pinning in this turn. Also, the good old days are gone... trip is now only a -4 to AC, nothing more. Fun facts: if you've been tripped, you can still attack with anything but a bow (!) and get a +4 bonus to AC versus ranged weapons, as if you were taking cover (!).

The two advantages are that 1) he wastes part of his turn in getting up and 2) he gives us an attack of opportunity if he does. If he stands up and becomes invisible, we'll know that he's standing right there. Same with darkness (and if he casts he may even give us another AoO). If he stands up and moves, we still see him, so we can have a go on the next turn.

What do you think?

Drothmal
2012-03-25, 06:00 PM
I think that it a wonderful plan!

Though the invisibility is a swift action :smalltongue:

Oh ninjas, making rogues look bad...

Anyways, sorry for the lack of posts. Not sure if I got a chance to mention it, but I ended up going to a conference in LA (Caltech) and just came back. I'll try to post in the IC, but yeah, basically he'll stand up, give an AoO, use a swift for vanishing and then move around

Orphias can use a move action to pinpoint his location, it will be the turn of the three of you then

Now, let's see that reflex check

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-03-25, 06:09 PM
Hernan, I added a spoiler to make your life easier wehn planning your actions

Drothmal
2012-03-25, 06:36 PM
CMB check of 20 is a miss (no need to roll for the miss chance)

Enemy does not take an AoO (would break the invisibility)

Maraxus and Karath know where the enemy is, even if they cannot see him

Drothmal
2012-04-09, 02:26 AM
Alright! We are back in business!

First things first

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-04-09, 02:29 AM
OK, so now the enemy will not use his last ki point for an extra attack. Instead, he will use it to turn invisible again

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Drothmal
2012-04-09, 02:33 AM
Alejo, I realize that I'm missing your turn action from you. Also, I need to know if an 18 hits maraxus or not

subcomarc
2012-04-09, 02:32 PM
Crazy Robot Jesus!!! +12!!???

Karath
2012-04-09, 05:21 PM
How Is This Guy Still Alive??? Can I Use Power Word: Break Limbs So We Can Move On?

Love,

The Wizard

Drothmal
2012-04-09, 07:19 PM
Crazy Robot Jesus!!! +12!!???

This coming with the guy with 5 attacks at +9? :smallamused:

there's a +2 bonus from attacking from invisibility (just found that in the rules yesterday, hence the previous attacks were +10 and these ones were +12)

And, if you hit him once, he's out for the count

Drothmal
2012-04-19, 08:40 PM
I'll wait for you guys to roll reflexes.

It'd be great if we all get back into the spirit of RPing. Thus I'll ask that, if you can, please make a slightly elaborate post of how does it feel to clear the dungeon/speculation of the shining object/anything you want as long as it's not just "X looks underneath the cloak to see what the shiny object is"

Drothmal
2012-04-19, 08:44 PM
Also:

Congratulations!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You have cleared the first episode!!

Now we'll move to the epilogue (rewards/back to town/tie in with the next episode). I just wanted to say I'm really happy we stuck with it!

Karath
2012-04-20, 02:57 PM
thanks! Here's my roll ... good thing i only take half damage because 18 is about my total life at the moment...

[roll0]

Drothmal
2012-04-20, 02:58 PM
thanks! Here's my roll ... good thing i only take half damage because 18 is about my total life at the moment...

[roll0]

NICE!!!! :smallbiggrin:

yosoyleko
2012-04-21, 05:09 AM
Well, I guess I missed it, hahahah!
Sorry I forgot to roll reflexes, I thought I said I wanted to move away from the blast! Anyways, it seems to have caught me... Sniff... I'll post ASAP so we can move on to the epilogue...
BTW, AMAZING LAST COMBAT... I really deeply enjoyed it... You all did pretty well, people. It was true fun.

Just to mention an anecdote... you really need to play this dungeon I'm running with some of the guys here in Madrid... The sickest dungeon I've ever seen: it's like an Escher's stair-puzzle where everything goes back to where it was before. So awesome. I expect to run this with you some time in the future... I know for sure you would love it.

subcomarc
2012-04-21, 08:57 AM
HUGE combat. Congrats to everyone. Here's my reflex save. Depending on the result I'll prepare the reply post on the IC.

[roll0]

Do remember I have Evasion through Etok.

Drothmal
2012-04-21, 02:28 PM
Well, I guess I missed it, hahahah!
Sorry I forgot to roll reflexes, I thought I said I wanted to move away from the blast! Anyways, it seems to have caught me... Sniff... I'll post ASAP so we can move on to the epilogue...
BTW, AMAZING LAST COMBAT... I really deeply enjoyed it... You all did pretty well, people. It was true fun.

Just to mention an anecdote... you really need to play this dungeon I'm running with some of the guys here in Madrid... The sickest dungeon I've ever seen: it's like an Escher's stair-puzzle where everything goes back to where it was before. So awesome. I expect to run this with you some time in the future... I know for sure you would love it.

That sounds awesome!! Definitely count me in

On the explosion: the explosion had a 25ft radius, with the next 25 ft receiving half damage. I did remember you mentioning that Maraxus wanted to move away, but what ended up happening is that M ended up reading an action to hit the dark stalker when it appeared. Since you can only ready a standard action, you could only move 5 ft away

I could have let you take the full action AFTER the dark stalker, but that would have resulted in more damage for both Orphias and Maraxus

Anyways, glad you all like the combat :smallbiggrin:. I'm still trying to find the balance between challenging and dulling with PbP, but I feel we are all getting better at this

subcomarc
2012-04-22, 02:18 PM
In for the Escher thingie too!

So, btw, I passed the reflex, and I have Evasion, that means no damage to me, right?

Drothmal
2012-04-22, 02:21 PM
Ineed. You can post accordingly

subcomarc
2012-04-22, 02:22 PM
Love your new Magus!

Drothmal
2012-04-22, 02:59 PM
Hernan, that was a superb post. This is the type of thing I had in mind to get us back into the RP

And thanks for the compliment on the avatar!

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'll be having beamtime tue-thu and fri-sat. I'll be able to post 1/day, so we'll keep things going. But jsut to keep you all informed

Karath
2012-04-25, 02:14 PM
yeah great post! i'll try to get my act together and post soon.

In the meantime
a) spellcraft check for the gem
[roll0]

b) i've recently read about ShadowRun, which is kinda like a futuristic cyberpunk setting that could be really fun for us to explore in the future. I don't know much about it, but it seems really fun

that's all... be back soon

Drothmal
2012-04-26, 08:46 PM
I'll wait for all the IC posts till I make a post on the gem myself, but basically Karath will be able to tell that the gem's magical powers have been compromised and its leaking arcane energy

That your beloved wizard, having taking the craft wondrous items feat, can redirect into items for you!!

All of you are VERY below wealth by level, so let's say that you get 4000gp to spend on whichever items you want! (due to Karath's feat, wondrous items will cost 50%, everything else costs full price. You can use the money to upgrade things you already have)

Oh, and also, the dark Creeper had some loot. Can't access it right now, but there were

2x +1 shortswords
Chaimail armor +2
cloak of resitence +2
couple of scrolls
Couple of potions

The glass sound during the battle was the enemy drinking a Cure Serious Wounds potion

Drothmal
2012-05-08, 01:28 AM
Yes, it is my turn to post. I am at a congress in Seattle and I'm giving a talk! I just finished making the very last figure (or remaking it, since my OCD demanded I did it all over)

I will try to post today. If not, be sure that there will be an update on Thursday

Drothmal
2013-07-18, 02:00 PM
In case and admin reads this: My apologies for the thread-necro. We just took a fairly long hiatus and are trying to restart the game. Please contact me if we need to start a new thread.

As to the players, please see the post below

Drothmal
2013-07-18, 02:08 PM
OK, so we have decided to restart the adventure!!

Welcome to Episode II

Sparks and Blood

The story so far
Karath, Orphias and Maraxus were able to reach the bottom of the mines and exterminate the darkfolk invading the mysterious underground world. But their hard earned victory provided little relief, for many questions were now plaguing the heroes: What where the darkfolk looking for? What was the origin of the underground Cathedral? Who was Erif Egnaro and who were his companions? How does this relate to the bass-reliefs depicting the story of a mighty wizard and a dark door?

Little did the heroes know that some of those answers were already waiting for them in the remote town of Pirnaud

Important OoC points before moving forwards!!!!

1) POSTING RATE: Si vamos a hacer PbP, tenemos que hacer un minimo de 1 post cada 48 horas. Avisen si no pueden actuar, pero no quiero estar boteando la mitad de la party y los enemigos durante una batalla

2) me gustaria implementar una variante del sistema llamado "Raise the Stakes" (http://esix.pbworks.com/f/RaisingtheStakes.pdf, solo tienen que leer la pagina 6), que esta especificamente diseñado para acomodar el tipo de non-standard actions que Orphias y Karath tienden a utilizar

Avisenme si tienen preguntas al respecto

3) vamos a hacer es character rebuild para todos asi puedo emparejar el nivel de optimizacion.

- Alejo, rearma a Maraxus como un Ninja (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja). Es basicamente la misma clase con poderes para darle flexibilidad

Hay una guia de ninjas online (you can google it). It's not great, but not bad

- Hernan: Buscame por gchat, pero vamos a bajar el nivel de optimizacion de Orphias. Lo mas probable es que limite un poco las multiples sources de AC y te pida que cambies un par de hechizos para hacer les crowd control y mas buffing

- Manuel: Necesito que reveas a Karath y releas las guias para wizards (google Paizo + class guides)

Para hacerlo todo mas rapido, rearmen los personajes con el standard WBL de su nivel, con un 25% descuento en wondrous items gracias a los feats de Karath

yosoyleko
2013-07-19, 03:15 AM
Este es el post ooc, verdad. Que hacemos? Empezamos a hacer las fichas otra vez? Y las posteamos aca?

Karath
2013-07-19, 09:39 AM
Just wanted to write a quick post to make sure to abide by the rules and to say I'm excited we'll start playing! I'm reviewing my guides as we speak.

DM: Could we get a quick recap of the story in addition to what's already posted? I'm thinking of re-reading the whole thread, but a summary might be nice for perspective...

- Karath

Drothmal
2013-07-19, 06:19 PM
2 Things

1) I don't remember what level you all were (it would seem 5, but I'm not sure)

Would you guys like to be level 5 or 6?

2) Wealth by leve is 10500gp for lvl 5 and 16000 for level 6

Incoming very very long OoC

Drothmal
2013-07-19, 06:21 PM
@Alejo: Correcto! Este es el OoC, asi que podes postear lo que quieras aca. La idea es que reahagan los personajes y posteen las fichas aca. Yo voy a mirar y comparar los PCs para asegurarme que el power level sea parejo para los 3.

Una vez que terminemos con eso, podemos re-empezar la campaign.

@Manu:
I'll do my best to provide with a recap of the most important events both in the background and the story so far

Background

-All three of you have been wronged by Razz'Drum, a mysterious yet powerful demon

- Karath and Maraxus met Orphias in their search for clues about the Demon

- The only clue you could find references a mountain region to the North of the continent

- The closest town to this region is a little hamlet called Pirnaud, who recently has been growing due to the discovery of precious stones in the nearby mines

Story so far

- When the three adventurers arrive, they find the mines closed and found out that many of the miners had been slain

- Adventurers are asked/coerced into investigating what is happening

- They briefly encounter the apparition of a Fire elemental, who claims to be looking for a "spark"

- Mines were ridden with Darkfolk, a strange group of humanoids that seem to be looking for something in the mines themselves

-Searching the mines, the heroes find a colossal door with a statue

-After solving a riddle, the statue of Erif Egnaro comes to life and asks the heroes to prevent the Darkfolk to reach the tomb of an archmage that tired to destroy the world (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12292059&postcount=294)

- The heroes find an underground jungle and follow the signs of a darkfolk group heading further down the earth

- They find a strange set of bas-reliefs, depicting a mysterious story.
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12441281&postcount=355)

- They find a series of statues that brought even more questions (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12476517&postcount=359)

- They reach a massive underground cathedral, where they fight against a small horde of darkfolk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12560184&postcount=394)

-Inside the cathedral, they fight a powerful assassin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12803489&postcount=443)

- You win the fight and have saved the day...

For now

Expect an IC post within 24 hours, but long story short, Karath can use the strange stone left behind by the Dark Assassin to empower your equipment (hence why you can rebuild characters as having full lvl 6 WBL)

Karath
2013-07-21, 10:39 PM
Whoa, reading the story again gave me chills!! The whole thing about a party keeping away the demon, the crystals and that elemental searching for "the spark"... It all seems connected!!! Lets head back to town ASAP and find more info!

PS will post my character soon. Lets do level 6!!

UPDATE
** I just edited my character. He's not done, but Karath the Crimson is getting close... plus I added the backstory if anyone wants to read it again.

http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=55041

I'm very excited about playing again!

yosoyleko
2013-07-29, 05:45 PM
I'm really striving to finish my character. Been away the whole week, like Herno. I'm committed to this, I promise! I just need one more day, and I'll have it. I like the ninja class... but I don't like how ninja sounds or all that ki pool bs. So I'll change the name of the class and name of the ki... (although I'll keep all the class mechanics)
The class name will be Hashasheen, por el nombre coloquial que recibía la tribu musulmana de asesinos que de hecho dio origen a la palabra "asesinos".
Y en lugar de ki-pool, quiero que sea "Ismah" pool... Ismah es la palabra musulmana que significa el don divino de la ausencia de error, de impureza o de pecado...
Que os parece? Es suficientemente guay?

Drothmal
2013-07-29, 06:00 PM
I'm really striving to finish my character. Been away the whole week, like Herno. I'm committed to this, I promise! I just need one more day, and I'll have it. I like the ninja class... but I don't like how ninja sounds or all that ki pool bs. So I'll change the name of the class and name of the ki... (although I'll keep all the class mechanics)
The class name will be Hashasheen, por el nombre coloquial que recibía la tribu musulmana de asesinos que de hecho dio origen a la palabra "asesinos".
Y en lugar de ki-pool, quiero que sea "Ismah" pool... Ismah es la palabra musulmana que significa el don divino de la ausencia de error, de impureza o de pecado...
Que os parece? Es suficientemente guay?

Es super-awesome!! No tengo ningun problema con el refluff!

Por lo que tengo entendido, Hernan A. Esta de viaje hasta el 5 de Agosto, asi que quizas no escuchemos de el hasta ese entonces.

yosoyleko
2013-07-29, 06:00 PM
I will roll for Level 6 hit die here... lame die...

[roll0]

UPDATE: F***

Drothmal
2013-07-29, 06:02 PM
I will roll for Level 6 hit die here... lame die...

[roll0]

UPDATE: F***

remember that you do half die + roll the other half.

So you actually got 5 gp (4 +2/2)

yosoyleko
2013-07-29, 06:51 PM
Awesome... my sheet is up-to-date... I believe.
I still need to spend like 3500 gp in stuff... I just don't know what yet... I better figure that out once we get back to town... I'll be thinking about that in the mean time.

subcomarc
2013-08-25, 01:01 PM
Che, faltaría discutir algo In Character? Esto no es un pedido de posteo (todo el mundo posteó y estamos en tiempo) sino simplemente me pregunto si deberíamos discutir un poco más o si se puede considerar que estos posts que pusimos son introductorios y ya directamente podemos esperar a que avance la historia.

Drothmal
2013-08-25, 01:07 PM
vamos a avanzar la historia. Tendre un post en las proximas 2 horas.

I'll have you guys talk to the Cilarens first (since that's how you'll get most of the magical equipment and you'll get a little more plot exposition), followed by a quick combat to try out the builds

subcomarc
2013-08-25, 01:11 PM
Roger that

Drothmal
2013-08-26, 12:56 PM
I will wait about 24hs to see if any of you three have any other questions for the Cilarnens, otherwise I'll assume you get your new gear and we move the story forwards.

subcomarc
2013-08-26, 01:14 PM
Manu said he had some questions; I don't want to go ahead and ask myself because he's the main magic user, hence the right guy to do all inquires in this case. I have the precious advantage of being on holydays, so I have tons of potential posting in my hands, but I think it's better if I refrain a bit not to unbalance participation.

I'm just gonna go ahead and give the witch the poison she requested and ask about the whole blindness issue, and then I'm gonna stop. Watcha guys think?

subcomarc
2013-08-26, 02:38 PM
Rolling Sense-motive in search of a critical, since I have a -1 modifier.

[roll0]

EDIT: well, no spoilers for me! Do share if you succeed with the roll!

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 10:25 AM
Gust of wind para abrir el paquete!!! Très stylée!

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 02:15 PM
Voy a necesitar algo de tiempo para elegir bien los items...
Acabo de recordar que en nivel 6 tenemos como 15000 gp, o sea que tengo que rehacer la ficha considerando esas monedas de oro extra...
Cuando termine de elegir, postearé los cambios, para que se hagan una idea. Y cuando termine de subir mis nuevos items, posteo en el IC. Soon!

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 02:55 PM
Rolling here

[roll0]

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 04:17 PM
EDIT: whoops, I thought lesser restoration eidolon was a lvl 2 spell, my bad. It's level 1, which means the wand is much, much cheaper, only 750.

Speaking of lvl 6 gear and the money... I think I might have not calculated my money right either. So here are my belongings now: I have a haversack, two wands (one with the mage armor spell and another one with the lesser restoration for eidolons spell), five +1 longswords (Fire, Shock, Corrosive, Frost, Acid) and three regular swords, all marked with the same sigil. That adds to 1500 GP for both wands, plus 2000 for the haversack, plus 10120k GP for the swords, plus small money for my clothing and chainshirt (for a total, so far, of 13800 GP). The remaining 2200 GP will go to the bank.

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 04:18 PM
Esta es mi lista: díganme qué les parece

15000 gp
=
------2300 gp +1falcata (Narwa)
------375 Mask of of stoney (+ 5 bluff competence to feint + 10 bluff to lies)
--------3000 gp Sandals of Quick reaction (move and standard in suprise round)
--------5250 gp Headband of intuition (3x day augury, without fail)
--------1500 gp Amulet of Natural Armor (+1 AC natural)
--------1750 gp +1 Shield cloak (activatable as a shield, +2 AC)
-------- 150 gp Sleeves of many garments (change of clothes, common, at will)

14325 gp

El resto del dinero se encarga del resto de las compras menores…

Si me dan el OK, upgradeo la ficha con todo esto. Abrazos!

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 04:25 PM
Esta es mi lista: díganme qué les parece

15000 gp
=
------2300 gp +1falcata (Narwa)
------375 Mask of of stoney (+ 5 bluff competence to feint + 10 bluff to lies)
--------3000 gp Sandals of Quick reaction (move and standard in suprise round)
--------5250 gp Headband of intuition (3x day augury, without fail)
--------1500 gp Amulet of Natural Armor (+1 AC natural)
--------1750 gp +1 Shield cloak (activatable as a shield, +2 AC)
-------- 150 gp Sleeves of many garments (change of clothes, common, at will)

14325 gp

El resto del dinero se encarga del resto de las compras menores…

Si me dan el OK, upgradeo la ficha con todo esto. Abrazos!

That all looks correct to me!

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 04:32 PM
Speaking of lvl 6 gear and the money... I think I might have not calculated my money right either. So here are my belongings now: I have a haversack, two wands (one with the mage armor spell and another one with the lesser restoration for eidolons spell), five +1 longswords (Fire, Shock, Corrosive, Frost, Acid) and three regular swords, all marked with the same sigil. That adds to 5250 GP for both wands, plus 10120k GP for the swords.

If you could give me the breakdown, that would be awesome.

Handy haversack = 1.5 k
2 x lvl 1 wands = 1.5 k
8 x MW swords = 2.4 k
4 x (+1 weapon enchant) = 8 k

unless I'm missing something

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 04:35 PM
a +1 Frost longsword (total bonus +2) costs 8400 gp... just saying...

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 04:36 PM
a +1 Frost longsword (total bonus +2) costs 8400 gp... just saying...

Oh, I had waved the requirement to make a weapon +X before you add enchantments to it. So it is a +0 Frost longsword

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 04:36 PM
And of course, it has to be +1 to be able to be Frost (or whatevs)... so minimum enhancement bonus of a spell-imbued sword is +2 (+8000 gp)

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 04:37 PM
Unless you waive it as well...

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 04:42 PM
Apologies for the confusion: I thought I had waved this somewhere along the OoC thread (or was it the first IC?), but looking it up will take too much work.

Let me start over.

I'm waving the requirement that a weapon has to be +1 before you put an enchantment on it. So you can have a +0 Frost Lonsword for 2300gp.

I'm not waving the MW requirement though.

Also, Alejo, I almost forgot: You get a free frost enhancement on Narwa from the whole thing in the jungle. Free means that you don't have to pay for it, nor does it count against you when you improve the weapon (so you'll only need 6k to go from +1 Frost to +2 Frost), but it counts against the maximum enhancement of +10.

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 04:57 PM
Karath is taken away from the main conversation for just a couple of seconds by Maraxus... Maraxus has a serious look on his face.
Master Karath... I have an idea of what the elementals might be looking for... In the basreliefs from the mines, each stone retrieved by the evil-mage had one color, relating it to one element. One of the stones was retrieved by the evil wizard from a volcano and was red in color. After defeating the mage, and after Erif's passing, the heroes recovered the stones from the wizard. I believe the elementals are creatures from inside the volcano where the evil mage took the stone. I believe they are just trying to retrieve the stone that was once stolen from them by the mage. Perhaps that is the "spark". The stone is something their volcano needs, to bring them back to the natural balance in their ecosystem. It has to be a really powerful stone indeed. The heroes, Albios and Liapha must know this. They are just hiding, protecting, the stones, and wont tell us anything until they meet with the other 2 companions from their original group. That is if they are still alive... and not being hunted by other elementals or creatures from the lands where the stones where stolen originally! Please, think about this... We'll try to pass this night however we can, and help the villagers, but tomorrow we must return to discuss these facts with the Cilarnens! If Karath doesn't answer, they are both back into the main conversation.

Hehe, someone has been reading my DM notes :smallwink:

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 04:59 PM
So, I edited the comment right away, but maybe it didn't show. Long story short, each enhanced sword would be 2300 GP instead of 2015 GP. Which means I owe 285x5= 1425 GP. So it's gonna be 775 to the bank, then.

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 05:02 PM
Also, Alejo, I almost forgot: You get a free frost enhancement on Narwa from the whole thing in the jungle. Free means that you don't have to pay for it, nor does it count against you when you improve the weapon (so you'll only need 6k to go from +1 Frost to +2 Frost), but it counts against the maximum enhancement of +10.

AWESOME!!!!

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 05:03 PM
I have a haversack, two wands (one with the mage armor spell and another one with the lesser restoration for eidolons spell), five +1 longswords (Fire, Shock, Corrosive, Frost, Acid) and three regular swords, all marked with the same sigil. That adds to 1500 GP for both wands, plus 2000 for the haversack, plus 10120k GP for the swords, plus small money for my clothing and chainshirt (for a total, so far, of 13800 GP). The remaining 2200 GP will go to the bank.

And there it is, not to go back in the thread.

yosoyleko
2013-08-27, 05:03 PM
So, I edited the comment right away, but maybe it didn't show. Long story short, each enhanced sword would be 2300 GP instead of 2015 GP. Which means I owe 285x5= 1425 GP. So it's gonna be 775 to the bank, then.

Sorry Nan, no te quería serruchar el piso... No me acordaba que ese requerimiento no estaba. Sorry por sonar tan pedorro. No te lo tomes a mal.

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 05:06 PM
Sorry Nan, no te quería serruchar el piso... No me acordaba que ese requerimiento no estaba. Sorry por sonar tan pedorro. No te lo tomes a mal.

No pasa naranjú papá!

Karath
2013-08-27, 05:35 PM
so ... the new team... Quasimodo and the gang...

half-orc is a fighter, probably still pretty good (I imagine he has some nice cleaving feats)
the covered guy sounds like a cleric of sorts - from an undead god or cleric of the death domain, or something. Maybe a zombie????

The "leader"... I have no clue. Maybe he's a rogue? I have a hard time thinking he might be a sorcerer or paladin... But it sounds like he's the mind behind things.

thoughts?

also, QUESTION to the DM - is the young guy's face covered as well? I might just have to use another gust of wind depending on how the situation plays out...

subcomarc
2013-08-27, 06:13 PM
As I said on the email, my money is on the summoner class (Half Elves make great summoners, because they have extra evo points). Time will tell, I guess.

As for the young guy, I'd go for vampire (which would mean he's hardly as young as he looks, and probably has known the old half-orc for quite a while).

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 09:15 PM
I will wait until tomorrow in case you guys have more specific questions/reactions to the NPCs. After that I'll move things along

Drothmal
2013-08-27, 09:40 PM
also, QUESTION to the DM - is the young guy's face covered as well? I might just have to use another gust of wind depending on how the situation plays out...

Face not covered, although he is wearing a scarf that hides most of his neck. He has a fairly non-descriptive appearance: dark hair, brown eyes and white skin (actually, the skin is so white that it gives him a slightly sick look)

yosoyleko
2013-08-28, 02:53 PM
Estoy abierto a ideas, igual.
Aunque mi crítico en diplomacy da para convencer a Asmodeus de que se haga hippie anarco-punk.

subcomarc
2013-08-28, 03:03 PM
JAJAJAJAJ estaba por entrar a hacer un comentario parecido. I kinda have the feeling de que los convenciste. A mí me preocupa esta gente igual, no confío en ellos para nada.

Drothmal
2013-08-28, 06:50 PM
Estoy abierto a ideas, igual.
Aunque mi crítico en diplomacy da para convencer a Asmodeus de que se haga hippie anarco-punk.

Muy bien ahi! I'll have an IC update soon

Drothmal
2013-08-28, 07:12 PM
OK guys, you have to tell me what you want your group and the NPCs to do

Some options
1) Everyone runs to source of scream
2) You guys split
3) you guys buff
4) another option

subcomarc
2013-08-28, 10:58 PM
Voto por ir inmediatamente para allá, pero si el tiempo y la distancia lo permiten me gustaría caer con shield casteado sobre mí para la batalla (dura 6 minutos). Quiero aclarar que Etok NO está invocado, y estoy yendo de cuerpito gentil (con el shield bonus, mi AC sería de 18).

Karath
2013-08-30, 02:45 PM
Karath also goes, but farther behind in case his spells are needed in a pinch. No defensive spells cast or anything, but I'll roll perception gladly as the DM allows

Drothmal
2013-08-30, 03:15 PM
Voto por ir inmediatamente para allá, pero si el tiempo y la distancia lo permiten me gustaría caer con shield casteado sobre mí para la batalla (dura 6 minutos). Quiero aclarar que Etok NO está invocado, y estoy yendo de cuerpito gentil (con el shield bonus, mi AC sería de 18).

Oops, I did not see this in time. The current locations are assuming you all used the run action. Let's assume that Orphias was able to get the wand out while running, so you can use your surprise round that way if you want

Also, notice that Karath does not have line of sight, since I wanted to preserve Manu's directions of staying behind.

subcomarc
2013-08-30, 05:04 PM
Too late, it doesn't matter. The standard action shall be used in a much more amusing way...

Dhun Dhun Dhuuuuun
[roll0]

EDIT: Fannnntastic, the number is 3. That is 3 fire-inmune hellhounds that come frome my innate summoning ability :).

The distance requirements match, so if the GM allows it I'd like to place them between the elementals and their victims. As soon as and if he authorizes it (because of the placement and because they are from the "Alternative List", but fit very nicely with my character which is why I guess it should be ok) I'll do a lovely post filled with gamefluff.

Drothmal
2013-08-30, 05:28 PM
Too late, it doesn't matter. The standard action shall be used in a much more amusing way...

Dhun Dhun Dhuuuuun
[roll0]

EDIT: Fannnntastic, the number is 3. That is 3 fire-inmune hellhounds that come frome my innate summoning ability :).

The distance requirements match, so if the GM allows it I'd like to place them between the elementals and their victims. As soon as and if he authorizes it (because of the placement and because they are from the "Alternative List", but fit very nicely with my character which is why I guess it should be ok) I'll do a lovely post filled with gamefluff.

Could you give me the link to your intended summons? I don't think I'd mind the alternate as long as they fit the character (although I'll have you choose one summoning option you are giving up in order to pick this one up).

As for summoning in between, I'm afraid I won't allow it, since you don't have line of sight (elementals block it)

EDIT: If you can, could you tell me which position were you planning on summoning at?

subcomarc
2013-08-30, 07:25 PM
So, after long deliberations I'm kinda not summoning anything, other than Etok, of course.

If Manu could throw some fire resistance on me, or at least mage armor, it would be sweet because I could start attacking right away!

subcomarc
2013-08-31, 04:22 AM
Oh Maraxus, such an inspiring bluff... If my character heard that he might feel compelled to start killing villagers himself...

yosoyleko
2013-08-31, 04:23 AM
I took advantage of my mint SANDALS OF QUICK REACTION, to gain a move action during the surprise round, so I'm charging and attacking!!!!
I also used bluff to convince the creatures of getting the hell out of here... But it seems as if my +18 didn't do too well to that 1 in the roll...

Otra cosa... como este capítulo vaya todo de darse de ostias contra elementales, vamos finos, porque me meto los criticos y los sneak attacks por el ORTOOOOOOOO

Drothmal
2013-08-31, 01:45 PM
I took advantage of my mint SANDALS OF QUICK REACTION, to gain a move action during the surprise round, so I'm charging and attacking!!!![/roll]

Bien ahi!

[/roll] Otra cosa... como este capítulo vaya todo de darse de ostias contra elementales, vamos finos, porque me meto los criticos y los sneak attacks por el ORTOOOOOOOO

Don't worry, I'm also including fire themed creatures that don't have elemental immunities. Only the first fight will contain only elementals

Karath
2013-09-02, 07:38 PM
este...

Karath " will remain a good 20-30 meters away from them but close enough to have line-of-sight all the time."

I was hoping that meant line-of-sight took priority, precisely so I could cast spells.

In any case, I'll post the same action and the DM can decide when/how Karath gets to act

Drothmal
2013-09-02, 07:48 PM
este...

Karath " will remain a good 20-30 meters away from them but close enough to have line-of-sight all the time."

I was hoping that meant line-of-sight took priority, precisely so I could cast spells.

In any case, I'll post the same action and the DM can decide when/how Karath gets to act

Since the enemies are at an alley that you have to turn into, I assumed that Karath would be halfway between his intended distance and catching up with the rest of the group.

Although I must admit that I though line of sight meant to the party. My bad, but for now the map stays as originally written.

Karath
2013-09-02, 07:59 PM
no worries, my actions should work the same way regardless of timing. Might get to save a couple more lives :)

Drothmal
2013-09-03, 04:32 PM
Rolling for initiatives (so we can get round 1 going)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

EDIT: WTF??????????? Two 1s, one 2???

Continuing with our roll 1 = -10, Orphias and Maraxus get to act this round

I'll have an IC post soon

Drothmal
2013-09-03, 04:36 PM
EDIT: Oh, I forgot

[roll0]

I'm using their average initiative, btw. At some point in the near future, I'll be giving you their stat blocks.

yosoyleko
2013-09-04, 06:27 PM
I'm rolling bluff here, cause i forgot to put it in the IC.

[roll0]

subcomarc
2013-09-05, 02:13 AM
They see me rolling evasion, they hatin'
[roll0]

subcomarc
2013-09-05, 02:15 AM
BOOYAH!

(and some other characters just to be able to post the booyah)

subcomarc
2013-09-05, 02:55 AM
Wow... I didn't know what 8 attacks would look like until I performed them. Synthetist looks a bit broken to me... I'm having tons of fun, but is me doing this amount of damage ok with everyone? Wanna limit my number of arms or something?

Drothmal
2013-09-05, 09:21 AM
Wow... I didn't know what 8 attacks would look like until I performed them. Synthetist looks a bit broken to me... I'm having tons of fun, but is me doing this amount of damage ok with everyone? Wanna limit my number of arms or something?

I'd also like to hear what the others think. I can calibrate the game according to what you guys want.

Karath
2013-09-06, 07:59 AM
I'm not great at math, but did Orphias just do 107 points of damage? Holy crap.

Yeah I'd say this is excessive. Hernan, your character is fun but the skills are disproportionate. 8 attacks with +10? Even with an average roll you can hit 4 times pretty much any enemy we have, so your'e assured 40-50 points of damage per round no matter what...

For reference, you would need a level 11 fighter for 3 attacks. Level 16 for 4 attacks.
For reference in regards to magic and massive damage, a maximized cone of cold does 90 damage. Cone of cold is level 5, maximized level 8.

So... you have double the attacks of a level 16+ fighter, and you can make damage in a round of around what an 8th level spell does...

The synthetist class is very broken. I think you should still keep playing the character, who is very cool and entertaining, but there should be some nerfing...

Maybe if we do 4 arms it becomes more reasonable? with a +10 you still have a pretty good chance of hitting - average of 10 roll you get 4 hits (AC20 max), with rolls of 7+ you'd hit an AC17 ... Maybe we can try different options and see what works.

Again, please keep Orphias!!

yosoyleko
2013-09-07, 06:14 AM
It's completely broken...
But I can do broken...
Having a beast like that by my side makes me feel more safe... :smallcool:
Hahaha...
Whatever the DM says goes... I really don't mind
I just want the story to move forward... If I can avoid doing the hack-slacking myself, and don't have any challenge... well... it might get boring for me... but it sure gets more boring for the DM...
In any case... if you decide to shake things up, nerf Orphias, do NOT increase the level of the encounters, cause then KArath and I are screwed up...

Peace out

subcomarc
2013-09-07, 06:36 AM
The people has spoken. We need to come up with something. In this case, the problem maybe relies on the Kali build; if I just become a regular summoner and keep a pet eight-armed eidolon with eight swords, the result will be the same (or even scarier, because I'd stay in the back throwing buffs on him like crazy).

Here are some ideas:

The easiest and probably my favorite: limit my number of martial attacks by the same rules that limit my natural attacks (meaning I would have three attacks at lvl 6). Maybe I could even turn some martial attacks into secondary attacks.

Option 2: keep Orphias with his cockiness, sense of fashion and tendency to be a **** to everyone except his friends, but change class. Some of the classes that I'd be willing to play might need extensive tayloring given the character's profile. I would either play a Ragechemist/Barbarian (a really cool build I developed a while ago, because he's mostly a beatstick but with some cool traits), but it's gonna be tough to keep Orphias' stylishness. Another class I'd be happy to play would be the mystic theurge, but then Maraxus will become the only melee of the party and that could be dangerous for us. Option number 3: I don't know much about the class, but maguses have tempted me for quite a while (I think Orphias would be a very nice magus). Option number 4: druids, druids everywhere (I'd have to work my way around this one, but it is doable... keep the clothes, change the coat for a burgundy leather robe, and turning into a black wolf or crow every now and then should do).

I'd very much appreciate your opinions on this!

subcomarc
2013-09-07, 06:41 AM
Needless to say, unless the DM offers some sort of side-story to bring him back into my life somehow, most of these choices would mean kissing E'Tok goodbye.

Drothmal
2013-09-07, 07:31 PM
The people has spoken. We need to come up with something.

Well, this was pretty much the reason why we were doing a trial combat to figure things out. But I want to thank Hernan for his flexibility on the issue

In this case, the problem maybe relies on the Kali build; if I just become a regular summoner and keep a pet eight-armed eidolon with eight swords, the result will be the same (or even scarier, because I'd stay in the back throwing buffs on him like crazy).

Actually, I think that Orphias feels so powerful with respect to the other characters not only because he can deal a lot of damage (Although that is certainly the main reason), but also because he doesn't have many weaknesses: With a regular summoner, I would just create tension by having (some) monsters ignore the pet and attack the summoner, but as a synthesist Orphias has a metric ton of hp AND can heal himself.

I have actually been reading summoner threads to come up with a decision, and it is very interesting how, despite summoner being more powerful than synthesist due to action economy, synthesist is PERCEIVED as the more powerful class, simply because it completely outclasses martial classes while not having many weaknesses.

Anyways, that was just a side ramble

The easiest and probably my favorite: limit my number of martial attacks by the same rules that limit my natural attacks (meaning I would have three attacks at lvl 6). Maybe I could even turn some martial attacks into secondary attacks.

This is my favorite option too (and what I was going to propose). Although I double checked, and a regular Eidolon has up to 4 natural attacks at level 6.

So this can be done as either 4 arms with swords, or you can switch to just four natural attacks (if you'd rather the points in a different way). I'm okay with either way.

SOME OTHER IMPORTANT COMMENTS

1) My reading also showed two important things

a) A synthesist's Eidolon cannot be healed by healing spells or effects such as the channel energy form Leonidas.

I have decided to wave this: Hernan will be diminishing his number of attacks and has agreed to a reduction of his AC, so I feel that some small compensation is in order.

Also, I don't want the extra bookeeping of asking how much damage of each hit goes to Orphias and how much to the Eidolon. Unless told otherwise, I'll assume that eidolon hp goes out first up to 1hp, at which point we start hitting Orphias.

b) The Summon Eidolon is a full round spell, which means that it couldn't have been summoned on the surprise round

Source 1 (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?185933-Surprise-Round-and-Full-Round-Spell#axzz2eFt6Mwxe) (best)
Source 2 (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nuru?School-me-on-summon-monster)

Now, this is I will not wave in the future, but for the sake of keeping things moving forwards, we'll just keep rolling with it.

It's interesting that synthesist's only weakness is being caught without the Eidolon/dismissing the Eidlon: I plan to do these things from time to time, but making it the default is just unfair targetting of the players.

2) Alejo: I have decided that Maraxus is badass enough to deal sneak attack to elementals and constructs too. You still don't get oozes, but I think you're kosher for everything else.

Just to clarify, this does not change the fact that they cannot be dealt a critical hit.

OK, I think that with those changes Maraxus DPS should increase while Orphias' is scaled back a bit. We'll keep tuning things as we go.

yosoyleko
2013-09-08, 05:08 AM
Ok,

If you just let me dive in on this just a little...
Let's analyze the situation here... bare with me for a while.
Like Manu suggested, a regular fighter with twin swords at this point would be dealing an average 20-30 damage per attack (considering all three attacks hit).
Orphias, like you saw, deals a lot lot more. But the key question to consider is... for how long.
In the class description it is stated very clearly that eidolon's hp are added as temp. hit points to Orphias when it's summoned. Temp. hit points are hit first with all attacks, which indicates that E'tok ALWAYS suffers damage first.
In my point of view, the main disadvantage from the summoner class is the fact that the eidolon can be "killed" and dismissed, being unable to use it until the next day. In a way, it's the same thing as what happens with clerical or wizard spells, and other daily powers. The only way to heal an eidolon is to use a specific eidolon spell, which heals it. The way I see it, if E'Tok can be healed using commonplace potions and magic, then THAT is the most abusive. It's not the amount of damage it can deal... so what if he can make a gazillion strikes... if he suffers damage and dies, the synthethist becomes a burden for the rest of the game... This makes him take care of when and how to use the Eidolon, and that is key to the functioning. Another key is of course that a full day of hacking is sufficiently packed so that the Eidolon can be killed.

Apart from that, I don't understand several things from Herno's sheet. Why Oprhias+Etok has 24 temp Str? Shouldn't Orphias strength be replaced by Etoks? That would mean about 19-20 Str, not 24, right? Similarly for Constitution... If this is coming from the Augmented Summoning feat, then I have to say that summoning an eidolon is not (or should not) count as a summoning spell, because it has no duration. So, there... quick way to nerf a some 8 points of constant ability bonuses (which in items would cost about 64000 gp)...

Now... going forward... Herno decided to spend all his EPs in growing limbs (from his 9 points, he spent 8, I assume... to grow 8 hands). And he wields weapons with all, but can have a maximum number of 4 attacks. However, that maximum number applies ONLY to natural attacks (claws, rend, bite, etc.). It is stated very specifically in the Eidolon description. Which means that the synthesist still requires ALL FEATS that are required for multiple weaponed attacks, as per usual.

Of course... Orphias has some of those feats, but let's check em out a little... First, he has Multiattack... which he cannot choose, because HE doesnt have 3 or more natural attacks. And still, it would only diminish the penalty of natural attacks, not swords. The only way to obtain this ability is when the Eidolon level reaches 9, and it comes as an ability, which ARE transfered to the synthesis. And again, still wouldnt apply to weapons.

Then, he has multiweapon proficiency... Ok... this feat, really only helps diminish the damage from the other limbs... It means that apart from the first arm, all other arms are at -6, while the main one is at -2.

So Etok should be dealing much less damage and less efficiently!!!
AND it should be easy to offcast him every now and then!

subcomarc
2013-09-08, 05:37 AM
Leko,

The CS has been carefully designed and discussed with Hernan. Let me show you around it:

Indeed Orphias' strength is replaced by E'tok's. The +4 to Constitution and Strength comes from the Augmented Summoning feat, which as stated in several forums usually CAN'T be used on your Eidolon EXCEPT when you evoke it through the "Summon Eidolon" spell as I just did (instead of the class supernatural ability to do so, which takes more time and is not considered as a summon spell per se). So the +4 to both STR and CON goes. Do keep in mind that E'Tok's time in our realm when invoked this way is limited to one minute per CL. 6 minutes from now he'll dissapear, and I'll have to call him the regular way, without the +4 bonus.

As you say, indeed the attack limitation applies only to natural attacks, and in no means the martial attacks. Which means, yes, that I need the feats to perform attacks with my supranumerary arms. And that's exactly what I have: since E'Tok and I are one, I can choose monster feats as I could usually do for my Eidolon. In other words, Eidolons are not submitted to the limitations humanoid players need to deal with in order to develop attacks and so on, because they are closer from being monstruous outsiders than players. The advantage of the synthesist is that you profit on this. The feats you see as "Multiweapon proficiency" and "Multiattack" are actually a representacion de "Multiweapon Mastery", que una vez adaptado para no ser tan duro (la monstruous ex ability dice cero penalizaciones) me deja usar longswords como light weapons (o sea, solo -2 penalty to hit, que están debidamente descontados, y mismo bonificador para todas las manos ya que el Eidolon no tiene Off-Hand) y me deja hacer full STR damage con las off hands. Es una habilidad de monstruos que varias criaturas con múltiples brazos tienen: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/xill. Quiero aclarar nada más que no estamos inventando nada nuevo: el Kali build (esto de tener varios brazos con armas) figura en varias entradas del giantitp forum.

It's because of this that we decided to implement the limitations currently devoted to natural attacks to martial attacks, and limit my AC sources.

yosoyleko
2013-09-08, 07:34 AM
Captado lo de summon eidolon. Me sigue pareciendo abusiva la combinación. Y debería prohibirse.

Sigo sin entender lo del multiweapon mastery. No lo encuentro por ningun lado como opción para personajes. Sí que lo encuentro como habilidad de algunos monstruos (Ex). Que quizás como outsider Etok podría elegir como Feats. Pero lamentablemente el synthesist aclara bastante bien que los feats que recibes al invocar tu eidolon (y fusionarlo con vos) son solo los feats de Orphias. Es decir que Orphias tiene que poder elegir esos feats para poder disfrutarlos. En resumen, no puedes tenerlos (segun las reglas). Y en consecuencia, deberías tener el primer ataque a -2 y los demás a -6. Aunque teóricamente si aplicamos las reglas de off-hand a todas las demás manos, las armas light off-hand contarían a -2.

Aclarar que lo único que pretendo es "nerfear" a tu personaje de acuerdo a las reglas existentes, nada más. Es decir... si en lugar de hacer 150 puntos de daño de media, aplicando las reglas correctamente, podes hacer 60 puntos de daño de media, me parece que ya estaría bien, no?
Vamos, que entiendo que Hernan te haya dejado elegir monster feats, por alguna razon que hayan acordado entre uds. Pero en lugar de "nerfear" el personaje y convertirlo en algo totalmente diferente... no tiene más sentido hacer un simple "sticking to the rules" en este caso particular de los multiataques?

subcomarc
2013-09-08, 07:52 AM
Entiendo completamente lo que querés decir, y realmente no me molesta nerfear a Orphias, sobre todo si va a llevar a que el juego sea más divertido para todos.

En cuanto a la combinación "Summon Eidolon"/"Augmented Summoning", no hay problema si les parece que hay que prohibirla. Es legal, pero el Gaele Eladrin también era legal, así que eso no quiere decir nada.

En cuanto a lo de las feats, lo que yo entiendo es que el texto se refiere a que no ganas feats por dos, es decir, que una vez que te hacés synthesist tu eidolon no gana ni skill points ni feats, sino que sólo el personaje las incorpora. Lo que pasa es que no veo (ni Hernan tampoco, según charlamos en su momento) que eso me impida elegir feats del repertorio que el Eidolon tiene disponible. Igual no me molestaría cambiar las dos feats que dediqué a eso por feats de two-weapon fighting, ni cambiar mis longswords por shortswords. Ahí seguría pegando a -2 con todas las manos (que es como pego ahora), y sumando full strength a cada ataque. El daño se reduciría, pero mucho menos de lo que se va a reducir si limitamos los ataques directamente. Igual yo comparto tu visión de que si bien la clase es broken, una vez sin Eidolon estás limitadísimo y que un poco tu juego es ese, cuidar al Eidolon y oscilar entre ser una máquina de matar y una carga para el equipo. That being said, no nos olvidemos de que Hernán en tu aventura tuvo un personaje así (no recuerdo si era igual de broken o no) y el resultado era que cuando invocaba a su avatar, podía solo contra todos y el resto dábamos igual. Esto es lo que me interesa prevenir, y quiero que el nerfing conduzca a eso. Si la clase está tan broken que nerfearla "a medida de las reglas" igualmente no va cambiar las cosas, entonces prefiero nerfearla por fuera de las reglas. O cambiar de clase directamente, así el juego está balanceado. Porque además la cosa se va a poner más espesa todavía cuando suba un par de niveles y me vuelva large. Para mí el balance más óptimo es el de limitar los ataques normales como si fueran natural attacks. Puedo aceptar que no se me permita sanar al Eidolon con hechizos normales de sanación también, cosa que me parece super adecuada. Ojo igual, que las reglas dicen que sí puedo elegir cómo distribuir los daños entre ambos.

yosoyleko
2013-09-08, 08:16 AM
Si... es normal que esto pase cuando alguien no se mira bien las clases que escribe. El synthesist tiene un abusivo poder con el hecho de sacar extra-limbs cada 2 EP. Está preparado para ser una máquina de matar. Está claro. Y alguien no se lo miró muy claramente. Del mismo modo el hechizo de summon eidolon. Son combos claros, que tienen su principio en un loophole, que existe porque al nabo que le encargaron el libro de Advanced Player Guide no le dió por mirarse bien si lo que escribía era una sandez.

Aún así me copa la clase, me copa el personaje, y me copa lo de los multiples ataques, usar varios brazos, etc. Yo no creo que haya que prohibir nada de lo que es la clase en sí. La clase me parece balanceada. Son las combinaciones lo que hay que mirarse.

El típico ejemplo de esto son las feats de monstruos. Citás bien los casos del Ghaele Eladrin que te hiciste vos, o el caso del semi-bestial personaje de Hernancito. Las clases de monstruos tienen cosas abusivas por un tubo, porque están preparadas para bancar monstruos que suelen ser encuentros que tienen un menor número que los personajes que los atacan, y en resultado están pobremente balanceadas para usarlas como PCs. El caso del multiweapon mastery que citás es típico de un poder que está desbalanceado. Y la clase de synthesist no permite llevarte los feats (monstruosos o no) del Eidolon. Es más, ni siquiera te permite elegir si te quedás con el Eidolon o los tuyos. Te obliga a agarrar los tuyos. Y es una de las cosas que balancea a la clase de synthesist.

En todo caso, creo que tenemos que tener en cuenta lo siguiente:
Un -2 a cada ataque es mucho más de lo que pensás. Un penalizador de -2 significa que de media sacás un 8 en tu tirada de ataque... que con tu bonificador típico (sin considerar augmented summon) es +7 y significa que sacás un 15 y de media no le pegás a este bicho que nos puso hernán ahora. Te parecerá una boludez, pero no lo es. Necesitás gastarte bocha de plata o subir muchos niveles para poder siquiera superar dicho penalizador.

Otro punto de exceso en la ficha son esas espadas frost/fire/etc., sin necesidad de pasar por el bonificador de +1. Te parecerá una boludez, pero hay una diferencia de 6000 gp por espada en el precio... En cuatro espadas, es algo que ninguno acá podríamos pagar según nuestra ficha. Obviamente hay una razón por la cual existe esa regla... y es que pegar con +1d6 es más copado que pegar con +1.

Lo único que estoy diciendo es que estoy seguro que se pensaron muy bien la ficha con Hernancito. Pero no conviertan a Etok en un personaje garcha sin antes corregir las cosas que decidieron cambiar que no estaban en las reglas (por lo menos segun mi opinion).

I'm cool with the hp thing. I think it's fair to transfer the damage to your character when you want to. La idea es que así elegís como llevarlo. No tiene por qué llevarlo Hernancito... lo vas poniendo vos en tu ficha. Cual es el drama?

Karath
2013-09-08, 09:40 AM
Cuantos posts!!! Me re quede dormido!! En las inmortales palabras de Les Luthiers... "debo beber menos"

Two posts in one. First about Orphias, second about my next action in game

First Post
Of the previous posts, I pretty much agree with Alejo that Hernan should keep the synthetist class, not switch to something else. Besides, a Ragechemist/Barbarian sounds super broken too ;)

- If we limit the attacks to the natural attacks that should work -- so 3 attacks now?
- I don't mind the augmented summoning if it can't be used for example 1xday (ie it lasts 6 minutes, but only gets one summon, not '30 seconds now, 25 seconds next time). Also, just for clarification - augmented summoning = broken.
- we might have to see about the damage order (ie temporary hit points vs. hernan deciding who gets hit when). If we use temp hit points Orphias would have to play many times without the eidolon. Playing eidolon+orhphias is like playing a character with a bunch more life, since you could decrease each of them to 1 hp before anyone really is in trouble. A possible solution is - the eidolon takes hits first, always, but can be healed by 'normal means' (how does the eidolon get healed otherwise? how much could you heal him in a day for example?)

Second Post

I want to use the spell "create pit" http://paizo.com/prd/advanced/spells/createPit.html on our enemies, which would make a nice 10x10 drop.
Dear DM, I just want to make sure the monsters didn't get a round or that the map didn't change. The way I see the map, I could get either the other large elemental or one of the medium ones (and have a second medium one on the edge, where it could slide). Of those options i'd probably just throw the large elemental in (and then we can all pee into the 30foot deep pit to extinguish him!)

yosoyleko
2013-09-08, 03:57 PM
Yeah... I don't know about all this situation. It's really hard to keep a game in balance once you start using advanced rules. Even using the normal common rules it's hard. So, ... What can one do. And. You know what. I don't mind if someone deals triple damage than I do every turn. I mean. Life isnt balanced. So what if one of our characters is a ****ing beast. And also, you know, maybe there is a way to balance things without nerfing the character. Maybe Karath and Maraxus grow fear of him with the passing days. Maybe one day Etok is released and swears to return to our plane and kill us all. I think there are many ways the DM can play this out. Just, let's try to roll with things as they go, worry more about the story and characters than the sheet. And that's my final word on this.

subcomarc
2013-09-08, 05:19 PM
Leko yo ya estoy tirando a +7 eh! Pasa que tengo un +3 que viene por un lado del +4 del augmented summoning y por otro lado de la bendición que nos acaban de tirar.

Al final creo que lo mejor es hacer los ajustes progresivamente. Empecemos, como decís vos, por respetar las reglas de manera más exacta, y después vemos si hace falta agregar más limitantes.

Estoy esperando el judgement de Hernan respecto de las longswords (sobre si tengo que cambiarlas a shortswords o no, y sobre si permite que sean frost/fire/blah o no) y respecto de qué feats necesita un humano que normalmente no tiene mil manos para efectivamente pelear con mil manos sin reducir el daño de fuerza (o reducirlo como house rule, no sé). También sobre el augmented summoning (que yo lo dejaría la verdad, pensándolo bien, porque es legal, dura 6 minutos, se le puede hacer dispell y ya estoy comiendo puniciones a la AC). Me parecería bien también sólo poder sanar al Eidolon con los hechizos de restauración de Eidolon. Yo llevo la cuenta, no problem.

En función de lo que se decida al respecto de todo esto, voy a emitir un voto en cuanto a si prefiero la limitación a 4 ataques (me equivoqué, en nivel 6 son 4, no 3) o confiar en el nerfing "by the book".

También acepto no votar y que Hernan me diga directamente qué hacer (y me voy a divertir mucho jugando one way or another, porque al final es esa la posta, no me voy a encular, se los aseguro).

Drothmal
2013-09-08, 09:33 PM
Woah. A lot of posts.

Primero que nada, gracias a todos por intentar participar. Me alegra que todos estamos intentando regular el juego para que nos podamos divertir todos

Segundo, voy a esperar hasta maniana para hacer mis rulings. Quiero hacer un poco mas de research antes de tomar decisiones.

Tercero, y muy brevemente, queria comentar la razon detras de algunas decisiones (que puede ser que me haya equivocado, es simplemente para que vean que estoy pensando)

Multiattack: Eidolons with multiple arms can get this. If I had let Hernan make a separate eidolon he would have been able to get this. But it is true that this is a monster feat, so maybe giving it might not have been the best idea

multiweapon mastery: This is really the same as double slice (full str damage with off hands) +1 damage (allowing for a longsword instead of a shortsword).

No +1 before adding abilities to weapons: Actually, my reading of dps calculations show that almost always +1 to hit is better than +2.5 damage (difference between 1d6 and +1 flat). This is even more exacerbated at higher levels, where not having a weapon that is at least +3 will make it almost impossible to overcome most DR, not even to mention that most enemies will have resistances at higher levels. If anything not picking the +1 is a suboptimal option (in my head). But if this might be a reason for brokeness, I might need to revisit this

Manu: yes, enemies did not move, since they either have reach or did ranged attacks

yosoyleko
2013-09-09, 04:29 PM
Sí, me re alegra que todos hayamos participado.
En cualquier caso estoy de acuerdo con lo que decidan.
Posta que pelear al lado de una máquina de matar no me afecta en nada. Si acaso, como decía, incluso le puede dar un puntito de sal al juego. Al fin y al cabo, los héroes de la Dragonlance estaban re desbalanceados unos de otros. Y aún así peleaban, no? Y se lo pasaban bien seguro.

Drothmal
2013-09-09, 05:20 PM
OK, the way I see it, there are 7 issues. I'll try to address them one by one, give my ruling and a short explanation.

1) si podes tomar multiweapon fighting

Issue: Can it be taken by a creature that normally has 2 arms

Ruling: I'm going to allow it.

Why: The rules say that a PC can take feats they qualify for even if it is through a magic item (for example, you can have STR 12, get a belt +2 and take power attack, which requires STR 13). Besides, this is at the very core of the character, so we will keep it for now

2) maximo numero de ataques

Issue: The rules do not say there is a maxumum number of attacks that can be made through manufactured weapons by a character with multiple arms. But this results in a number of attacks of a character at least 5 levels higher (TWF with iteratives + haste)

Ruling: We will limit the number of attacks to the max number of natural attacks that can be made by an eidolon. At level 6, this means 4 attacks max.

Why: This seems to be the main problem with the power output (cutting it to 50% and slowing down the curve of more attacks down the road) while keeping the character concept. We'll see how this goes.

3) multiweapon Mastery

Issue: This is a houseruled feat that applies the benefits of double slice to all other arms while also adding a +1 to damage to each

Ruling: For now, we will keep full STR damage to all arms, but we will change the weapons from longswords to shortswords. At level 9, I will allow for longswords again (at no cost to change the weapons from one type to another)

4) si podes hacer summon eidolon with augmented summoning

Issue: Fairly broken to get +4 STR and CON to an already powerful character

Ruling: I'm going to keep allowing it for now. Everything I can read from the rules tells me that this is legit, and hopefully Orphias will only use this rarely, since most times he will actually have E'tok out on longer durations.

Although I will enforce the 1 round casting duration. Remember that damage taken during this process results in concentration checks or loosing the spell.

5) weapons need to be at least +1

Issue: I houseruled that weapons do not to be +1 before getting special qualities

Ruling: I'll take out this housrule. Weapons need to be +1 once more

Why: Although I still think that this is actually a buff, not a nerf (since +1 to hit is better than +2.5 damage), we will stick to the rules more closely to avoid trouble.

6) healing the eidolon as a separate pool or not

Issue: Synthesist's eidolons cannot be healed through normal means. I proposed that this should be abolished to compensate for other nerfs

Ruling: We'll keep it as not-possible to heal for now, but I reserve the right to change this down the road (which would not be hard to do in the story either)

7) Orphias AC

Issue: Synthesists can easily get too high of an AC, which leads to extremely difficult balancing of the enemies to hit bonuses

Ruling: Hernan and I worked out some variables that help mitigate this effect (like limiting one of the evolutions that increases AC). We will continue with these restrictions, and we will either increase them or remove them as the game progresses if we notice imbalances.

Drothmal
2013-09-09, 05:26 PM
Now, with that out of the way, two more things

1) I still stand by the idea of Maraxus being able to deal sneak attack to elementals

2) the fire elemental's reflex save

[roll0]

Karath
2013-09-10, 11:07 PM
The spells I chose for fighting these elementals are SO useless... I'm doing what I can with what I've got.

subcomarc
2013-09-11, 02:47 PM
So, needless to say I accept Hernan's ruling across the board. I shall now be wielding four shortswords+1, and only be using 4 arms. So now my 9 evo points are distributed as follows: 2 points to enhance my STR (+2), 4 points to get my four arms, 1 point to enhance my diplomacy score (+8), 1 point to get resistance to fire (10 points) and one last point to improve my sense motive score (+8).

I have already modified my CS, Attack bonus and the like, accordingly. Cheers and let the role continue!

EDIT: Now that I only bought half the swords, it means I have a considerable amount of money to spend. I'll decide on an Item and let you know.

Drothmal
2013-09-11, 02:50 PM
So, needless to say I accept Hernan's ruling across the board. I shall now be wielding four shortswords+1, and only be using 4 arms. So now my 9 evo points are distributed as follows: 2 points to enhance my STR (+2), 4 points to get my four arms, 1 point to enhance my diplomacy score (+8), 1 point to get resistance to fire (10 points) and one last point to improve my sense motive score (+8).

I have already modified my CS, Attack bonus and the like, accordingly. Cheers and let the role continue!

EDIT: Now that I only bought half the swords, it means I have a considerable amount of money to spend. I'll decide on an Item and let you know.

I'm not allowing the fire resistance yet: You would not have picked that up from last level up, so it counts as an ad-hoc choice

You can still pick it up when you guys level up again, which should be halfway through this chapter

Drothmal
2013-09-11, 03:37 PM
messed up the fall damage roll

[roll0]

Hernan, let me know if there is anything else I'm missing in my calculations of CMD

10 + 7 (STR) + 2 (DEX) + 4 (BAB) = 23

subcomarc
2013-09-11, 03:51 PM
Looks about right.

Drothmal
2013-09-11, 04:09 PM
@Manu: After some consideration, the unseen servant would not have enough power to push the elemental. Hydraulic push is also a lvl 1 spell and it can only do one push per spell, so I don't think it'd be fair to let an hours/lvl spell replicate the effect.

EDIT: You can change your action if you choose. Also, you still have you staff!!

Karath
2013-09-12, 02:47 PM
@Manu: After some consideration, the unseen servant would not have enough power to push the elemental. Hydraulic push is also a lvl 1 spell and it can only do one push per spell, so I don't think it'd be fair to let an hours/lvl spell replicate the effect.

EDIT: You can change your action if you choose. Also, you still have you staff!!

I don't want the unseen servant to push the elemental into the pit OR to do damage. The only thing I want is for him to 'bump' into the elemental -- so the elemental effectively feels that something touched him from the side. I was hoping this action would distract him from attacking someone else. I think it's legit from the spell description, but I can take another action too, no worries.

Karath
2013-09-16, 08:20 AM
OK, I'll change my spell. I would like to cast "haste" on my friends instead of the unseen servant. Should I go back to my previous post and edit it with the new spell or post a new post? I was hoping to target Orphias and Maraxus first, and since I think I play before Orphias he would still be targeted (even though he was then sent to my own pit...)

Thoughts?
If I can get the other people in our party-of-6, then great - I have up to 6 creatures targeted due to my level

Drothmal
2013-09-16, 04:01 PM
OK, I'll change my spell. I would like to cast "haste" on my friends instead of the unseen servant. Should I go back to my previous post and edit it with the new spell or post a new post? I was hoping to target Orphias and Maraxus first, and since I think I play before Orphias he would still be targeted (even though he was then sent to my own pit...)

Thoughts?
If I can get the other people in our party-of-6, then great - I have up to 6 creatures targeted due to my level

Yeah, no problem with changing to haste. And the other NPCs will be included in the area of effect.

Karath
2013-09-17, 12:15 PM
Yeah, no problem with changing to haste. And the other NPCs will be included in the area of effect.

Awesome. I already posted on the IC thread, so we're all set!

Guys, you're all sped up!!

yosoyleko
2013-09-18, 04:51 PM
Ok, no había leido esto... Si tengo haste, entonces voy a hacer otro ataque...

Ale

EDIT: Al pedo...

BTW: Hernan, supongo que me entendiste... pero quiero ocupar el cuadrado de la esquina abajo/izquierda del elemental grandote que queda.

Drothmal
2013-09-18, 04:56 PM
BTW: Hernan, supongo que me entendiste... pero quiero ocupar el cuadrado de la esquina abajo/izquierda del elemental grandote que queda.

Loud and clear. Pero, para que sepas a futuro, podes modificar el excel sin problema.

I'll have a post in a couple hours.

Karath
2013-09-19, 07:26 AM
chicos, les recuerdo que "haste" cambio un poco. Ahora el ataque extra es solo si usan un "full round attack" o sea que no se pueden mover mas de un 5-foot step.

Por lo menos les da 30ft mas de movimiento y el bonus al AC...

Manu

yosoyleko
2013-09-19, 04:52 PM
Buenísimo... porque mi segundo ataque era un sorete pinchado en un palito...

Karath
2013-09-20, 08:53 AM
DM: can we edit the maps or you're doing that? Karath doesn't look like he moved from last time. From my description, I was hoping he could move diagonally 2 squares, then up another 3, for his 30 foot movement -- he would end up on cell J17. Thanks.

Oh, can we make any kind or perception rolls or anything for figuring out what the elemental wants?

yosoyleko
2013-09-22, 08:35 PM
Sorry for the delays. I'm in the US now!
I'll email you my phone number.

Ale

yosoyleko
2013-09-22, 08:50 PM
Rolling reflexes for avoidance of extradamage!

[roll0]

Karath
2013-09-24, 12:29 PM
nothing worse than elementals who know they can just come back... Very interesting!!

After the fight is done, Karath will share the info he just obtained in Ignan.

subcomarc
2013-09-25, 04:43 PM
Juegan los elementales ahora, no?

Drothmal
2013-09-25, 06:56 PM
Juegan los elementales ahora, no?

Indeed. I'll try to post within the next 24 hours.

Karath
2013-09-26, 07:45 AM
I've been trying to find online the "spellbook vs. fire creatures" ... because the spells I have now... Very utilitarian, but they really don't apply in this context

lvl1
unseen servant
obscuring mist
sleep

lvl2
gust of wind
web

lvl3
stinking cloud
shrink item

Drothmal
2013-09-26, 11:57 AM
I've been trying to find online the "spellbook vs. fire creatures" ... because the spells I have now... Very utilitarian, but they really don't apply in this context

lvl1
unseen servant
obscuring mist
sleep

lvl2
gust of wind
web

lvl3
stinking cloud
shrink item

Well, you will have a chance of learning/buying new spells in a bit. On the top of my head, I would consider spells such as slow, frostfall, protection from (I want to say chaos, but I'll have to look it up later). And of course, resist energy and icelance.

Karath
2013-09-27, 07:37 AM
DM: good choice of spells

subcomarc: diplomacy +17??? That's incredible!! Why have we been fighting all this time? New strategy: Orphias goes in the front and convinces EVERYONE of whatever we need. Narwa and spells ready for the 5% crit fail chance

subcomarc
2013-09-27, 02:26 PM
Skills on the hills biatches!! :)

Drothmal
2013-09-27, 03:15 PM
Skills on the hills biatches!! :)

Hehe, indeed is quite impressive. But, at least for now, this is still within the acceptable parameters for a skill at this point (I have a lvl 1 sorcerer with +10 to diplomacy, so +17 at lvl 6 still sounds about right)

yosoyleko
2013-09-28, 07:35 AM
Considering that convincing someone with a negative stance to friendly status takes DC35 at least... it makes sense...

Karath
2013-09-28, 04:52 PM
Considering that convincing someone with a negative stance to friendly status takes DC35 at least... it makes sense...

Oh that makes way more sense then! I thought it was like old school - DC20 for most difficult things ... Then +17 is huge!

Drothmal
2013-09-30, 07:32 PM
Alejo, could I have either a knowledge local or an intelligence check from Maraxus? Indeed you are correct that you have met a guy with the same last name, but it was a very short interaction and I'd like a check to see how well your character remembers.

subcomarc
2013-09-30, 07:53 PM
Rolling sense motive

[roll0]

yosoyleko
2013-09-30, 09:55 PM
I'm rolling it...

Knowledge local
[roll0]

EDIT: I'm making the worst rolls ever... hahahaha...

Karath
2013-10-01, 09:24 AM
rolling for sense motive
[roll0]

Drothmal
2013-10-01, 11:01 AM
I'm rolling it...

Knowledge local
[roll0]

EDIT: I'm making the worst rolls ever... hahahaha...

That's a bit low... For simplicity's sake, I'll let it be said but will not have NPCs interact to the comment.

It would seem that the Ruby Vein is the next stop. I'll have an update by the end of my day (hopefully)

subcomarc
2013-10-02, 03:13 PM
Alejo, I could go take the survivors to the Manor by myself if that's what you guys think is best. I don't mind.

Drothmal
2013-10-03, 05:49 PM
Sorry it took so long guys.

subcomarc
2013-10-03, 06:00 PM
Todo bien, los post de DM siempre toman tiempo!

Guys, I think is time to throw a diplomacy bomb on this crew... If you agree I'll get it going!

Karath
2013-10-04, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen the roll yet, but I think diplomacy is the way to go. Although, as we debated before, evern at +17 turning them from hostile to friendly might be very difficult...

I'll check on my spells just in case this doesn't work - maybe another momentary illusion will buy us time to explain ourselves.

OK here's my action -- I have a 'readied action' that if the negotiations seem to be going badly i'm going to cast a 'silent image' spell so that there seem to be a copy of our adventuring party, but on a different part of the inn, while we disappear. Basically, this the illusion will be a large 'square' in which the area we currently occupy will be made to look like it's empty, while at the same time an empty area in a corner will be made to look like we are standing there.

Drothmal
2013-10-04, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen the roll yet, but I think diplomacy is the way to go. Although, as we debated before, evern at +17 turning them from hostile to friendly might be very difficult...

I'll check on my spells just in case this doesn't work - maybe another momentary illusion will buy us time to explain ourselves.

OK here's my action -- I have a 'readied action' that if the negotiations seem to be going badly i'm going to cast a 'silent image' spell so that there seem to be a copy of our adventuring party, but on a different part of the inn, while we disappear. Basically, this the illusion will be a large 'square' in which the area we currently occupy will be made to look like it's empty, while at the same time an empty area in a corner will be made to look like we are standing there.

Action duly noted. Will wait to see if Maraxus has anything to add.

yosoyleko
2013-10-06, 11:38 AM
Try it Orphias... If not, I'll lie our way into peace... Like a good politician.

subcomarc
2013-10-09, 02:11 AM
I need to know if any of these is enchantment-based, because I have higher will saves for those

Drothmal
2013-10-09, 02:39 AM
First one isn't, second one is. Usually it is faster to roll and add "(+X vs enchantments)"

subcomarc
2013-10-09, 11:32 AM
Aie, Skipper!

Here I roll,

Oh, before that: of course, so much time has passed since our encounter, and going to the Ruby Vein and all, that we can assume that my spell-Etok is gone, and I took one minute to bring my regular-Etok out. So no more +4 +4 for me, at least for now.

Now, the rolls
Will against hot babes an' their fine tunes

[roll0]

Will against punk halfie

EDIT: here it comes, the second roll, which hopefully will suck a bit less ass... The fun part is that I get a -3 because I failed the previous one, but I have a +4 because it is an enchantment, so it will actually be one point higher than the previous one (+7 now, +6 before)

see next post

subcomarc
2013-10-09, 11:43 AM
Le roll
[roll0]
EDIT: Ah, things are looking great tonight, ladies and gents!!

Drothmal
2013-10-09, 12:04 PM
Oh, before that: of course, so much time has passed since our encounter, and going to the Ruby Vein and all, that we can assume that my spell-Etok is gone, and I took one minute to bring my regular-Etok out. So no more +4 +4 for me, at least for now.

Assumed as much. Sorry to see the dice gods are against you.

subcomarc
2013-10-09, 12:08 PM
Hehe... a critical miss and I would have added some tears into the description.

Karath
2013-10-12, 06:25 PM
[roll0]

and if that works...

[roll1] -3 if will1 fails

subcomarc
2013-10-13, 02:12 AM
We are so ****ing ****ed...

Drothmal
2013-10-13, 06:21 AM
Two down... One to go

As professor Neurus said: Mwehehehe hehe

subcomarc
2013-10-13, 06:39 AM
Hey, I don't know if it will do us any good, but I thought of reminding you that I have the "scent" evolution. So indeed I'm mesmerized, but my nose should be able to warn us about hidden foes and stuff within 30 feet.

Or maybe not, depending of the variables you're throwing into the mix

Drothmal
2013-10-13, 06:44 AM
Hey, I don't know if it will do us any good, but I thought of reminding you that I have the "scent" evolution. So indeed I'm mesmerized, but my nose should be able to warn us about hidden foes and stuff within 30 feet.

Or maybe not, depending of the variables you're throwing into the mix

Will keep it in mind, but in this case i'll mostly rule that you can detect scents, but not necessarily be able to tell that they are foes (that's a subjective perspective and thus more related to mind and mind affecting circumstances)

yosoyleko
2013-10-14, 07:06 PM
Rolling will saves...

Will vs. mesmerizing dance

[roll0]

Will vs. surrender weapons

[roll1]

Actually... that last one is 21, since I didn't pass the first one....
So I have to surrender weapons and stare like a dumb-face at the music being played... jajaja

Drothmal
2013-10-14, 07:07 PM
Rolling will saves...

Will vs. mesmerizing dance

[roll0]

Will vs. surrender weapons

[roll1]

Natural 20 on the second save!!! Remember that adds another +10, so you resist!

yosoyleko
2013-10-14, 07:08 PM
Oh! I didnt see it was a crit... So I pass!!!!

I will surrender ESTA!!!!

Drothmal
2013-10-14, 07:09 PM
I will surrender ESTA!!!!

Considering this is an "entertainment establishment" I'm sure that can be arranged :smallamused:

Karath
2013-10-15, 12:22 PM
Bien Alejoooo!!!

testing a roll...
[roll0]

yosoyleko
2013-10-16, 11:08 AM
Bieeeen!!!

Che contestame el e-mail, chanta!

:smalltongue:

Drothmal
2013-10-16, 11:19 AM
Bieeeen!!!

Que email? O eso se lo mandaste a Manu?

Estoy preparando el proximo post. Tendria que tenerlo al final del dia. Toma un poquito mas de tiempo porque tengo que describir el siguiente piso y a un major NPC.

Karath
2013-10-16, 04:37 PM
Bieeeen!!!

Sorry es como que es dificil escribir en espanol!! jaja te contesto hoy a la noche, abrazo!

subcomarc
2013-10-16, 06:38 PM
Orphias can't really say no to a glass of wine so he drinks.

Here's the fortitude save

[roll0]

Why is mine higher?

EDIT: OOOoooooh because of my bloody "scent" ability. Nicely done

Drothmal
2013-10-16, 06:41 PM
Orphias can't really say no to a glass of wine so he drinks.

Here's the fortitude save

[roll0]

Why is mine higher?

The scent evolution. I figured you'd be more sensitive to this particular "trap" (and I say this in quotations, since it is not necessarily a trap to harm you, but more of the self-protection mechanisms I designed when I came up with the Vein.

EDIT: hehe, we were on the same page

Karath
2013-10-17, 03:47 PM
Karath will first try to detect the potions with his knowledge skills, but after making sure he's not being watched (ie the blue haired half elven hottie is out) will also cast Detect Magic

[roll0]
alchemy +10, -1 for lingering music

I'll describe actions IC based on these rolls.

Also, Karath will use the detect magic to see if anything else is going on in the room of magical properties.

Karath
2013-10-17, 03:51 PM
not a bad roll! very happy about it.

Follow up question. Dungeon Master, can Karath use his Vento Servitas skills (or even "gust of wind") to get rid of the noxious fumes before they take effect? Karath is already aware of the effect the music had on him and would prefer to avoid other 'hidden effects'.

Then after that, off to drink the healing potion that I clearly identified as such both by alchemy AND magic...

Drothmal
2013-10-17, 06:20 PM
not a bad roll! very happy about it.

Follow up question. Dungeon Master, can Karath use his Vento Servitas skills (or even "gust of wind") to get rid of the noxious fumes before they take effect? Karath is already aware of the effect the music had on him and would prefer to avoid other 'hidden effects'.

Then after that, off to drink the healing potion that I clearly identified as such both by alchemy AND magic...

mmmm.... good question... But, before I answer, I want to clarify that no one is "aware" of the effects of the music: What is being described is the effects of seeing an awesome performance, like if you had gone to a live concert of one of your favorite bands.

That being said, I'll give you a chance: Roll a perception check, let's say DC 22, to notice the fumes' aftereffects on time. Once again, this is not something that is easy to pick up, since it is just a room that smells nice.

If you pass, you can use the wind to dissipate the incense.

And I realize that I may have gone too far with the save DC for the alchemy. Sorry about that.

Karath
2013-10-17, 08:57 PM
rolling for perception

[roll0]

yosoyleko
2013-10-20, 09:40 PM
Roll for Scent

[roll0]