PDA

View Full Version : Non-Animal Companion Pet Rules/Suggestions

LaughingRogue
2011-08-08, 06:08 PM
My current character "Keltan Brithe" i'm Running in Savage Tide is a Beguiler who worships Roykin (Greyhawk Gnome Deity)

Roykin's favorite animal is a feral cat

My character grew up in Shadow Shore (Slum district in Sassarine) raising all of the Feral cats in the backstreets in his run down shack of a house,

Our DM made us all make a "heroic act" that happened before we went adventuring (that was feasible for a level one character).

My act: My character was attacked my a thug (level 1 warrior) in the back streets of Shadowshore --- I color sprayed him (knocked him unconscious) and fed him to my 12 cats (one of which always adventures in my arms with me)...

Reward: As a "reward" for the act we each got some little special ability (nothing major) that was rewarded to us by our DM --- Mine was "Add Handle animal to your class skills and give him a +8 bonus to handle animal when using the ability on cats or cat like creatures"

Question: what are the rules for non- Druid / Ranger/ other class that gets an animal companion / Suggestions what I should do with my pet "Brithe" (cat) , how to use it and make it applicable to anything and i mean anything non-fluff... I like my character Idea so i'd like to build on it.

Thanks for your help Playground