PDA

View Full Version : Finding Races/Templates Help

MesiDoomstalker
2011-08-08, 10:12 PM
I need help finding races/templates/combinations to boost Con and Cha (and hopefully not dropping Str). Please no RHD and lower LA is always better. I know of Dragonborn so thats a cheap way to boost Con (I will probably do this already). Stat priority is as follows:

Charisma
Constitution
Strength
Intelligence
Dexterity
Wisdom

I am currently thinking of Dragonborn Catfolk (with eventual LA buyoff) but any other suggestions are appreciated :smallsmile:

Greenish
2011-08-09, 09:07 PM
Draconic, from RotD. +2 Str, Con, Cha, +1 LA. Also darkvision and claws.

Magic-Blooded (Dragon Magazine 306) gives +2 Cha, -2 Wis for 0 LA.

Lesser (PGtF) Aasimar (MM) have +2 Cha, +2 Wis for 0 LA.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-08-09, 09:21 PM
Draconic, from RotD. +2 Str, Con, Cha, +1 LA. Also darkvision and claws.

Magic-Blooded (Dragon Magazine 306) gives +2 Cha, -2 Wis for 0 LA.

Lesser (PGtF) Aasimar (MM) have +2 Cha, +2 Wis for 0 LA.

Thanks Greenish! I thought this thread died when it was dropped off the first page. For reference, what does PGtF mean? I've heard of Lesser Aasimar and its effects. Another question: Would a Magic-Blooded Draconic Dragonborn Lesser Aasimar work? Is there any issue with the templates invovled?

EDIT: Took a browse through my collection and found the only book with those initials, Player's Guide to Faerun.

Bloodgruve
2011-08-09, 09:51 PM
From a d20 book Hyperconcious
Id Beast
Psionic
LA+2
Str, Dex, Con, Wis +4 / Cha +2 / Int -2
3 natural attacks and other neat stuff

Saint, Half-Fey and Half-Nymph have cha+ (taken from a 2005 index)

GL
Blood~

dextercorvia
2011-08-09, 11:23 PM
Thanks Greenish! I thought this thread died when it was dropped off the first page. For reference, what does PGtF mean? I've heard of Lesser Aasimar and its effects. Another question: Would a Magic-Blooded Draconic Dragonborn Lesser Aasimar work? Is there any issue with the templates invovled?

EDIT: Took a browse through my collection and found the only book with those initials, Player's Guide to Faerun.

You can, but Dragonborn is going to lose you most of the nifties except for the stat boosts.

Amnestic
2011-08-10, 05:04 AM

Player's Guide to Faerun is indeed where it is. Specifically towards the back (pg. 191) under a small paragraph labelled 'Lesser Planetouched'.