PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/PF] Paladin + ? + Ruby Knight Vindicator

Fenryr
2011-08-08, 10:54 PM
Hello! This is gonna be my first attempt to use Tome of Battle, so pardon me for my lack of knowledge.

My current character is a Paladin level 4.

Suddenly, I like Tome of Battle and now I want to make my character a Ruby Knight. A quick research told me that one of the best ways to make it happens is Paladin 4/Crusader 1. The problem is, I don't like Crusader or I feel I won't exploit all the benefits granted by Crusader level 1 (plus I don't like the randomized recovery). Warblade and Swordsage will be a waste of leveles, I guess (my character has 10 Wis and 10 Int).

So, I can take two feats to learn a Stance and a Maneuver. Then I must be Paladin 7/Ruby Knight 1 to make it possible without multiclass. But now, my only Maneuver is once per encounter and can't be recovered by any means. And as far as I understand, I can't recover any of my Maneuvers granted by the RKV unless I use Divine Recovery.

Should I obligate myself to take the Crusader dip or someone has a better solution?

Kaje
2011-08-08, 11:00 PM
Thing is, even if you take a level of swordsage or warblade, you'll still have to burn 2 feats to get the devoted spirit stuff. Take the level of crusader. It'll be worth it.