PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Looking for very short adventure

LansXero
2011-08-09, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone!

This saturday there will be a big RP event in the only FLGS at my city (and probably the only one in the country...) and since its free for everyone to attend, I was thinking of trying to DM. Ive never done so outside of close friends / small groups, so I think it will be good to break out of my comfort zone.

Problem is, I only have 3 - 4 hours, including chargen, to run whatever it is ill be running.

So, any very short modules out there? Pregen characters are almost a given, so that cuts some time, but still... its not much to work with. Or if there arent any such modules any suggestions on how to write an adventure for such a little time frame that still feels somewhat cohesive and lets people feel they accomplished something? Also since this will be filled with both very old veterans and total newbs, any ideas on how to avoid cliches while keeping things relatable? >_<

Kefkafreak
2011-08-09, 07:26 AM
What level will the characters be?

ExemplarofAvg
2011-08-09, 09:11 AM
Perhaps some sort of basic castle raid, where you have to reak in fight the guards find the item/kill the king and get the hell out.

Lastgrasp
2011-08-09, 09:35 AM
There some free modules on the Pathfinder Site that are meant for 4 hour session. It's the Pathfinder Society ones but you don't have to play them by the PFS rules just use the free adventures.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/scenarios

Runestar
2011-08-09, 09:36 AM
Raid a dragon's lair? Fight some of its guards/minions, then face the big bad in its cavern.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20020125a

Click here for a free adventure + map.

LansXero
2011-08-09, 03:52 PM
What level will the characters be?

I was thinking somewhere around 4 - 6; it avoids swingyness while not yet giving them too many options (to avoid option paralysis).

Ill check out the PFS modules; mostly Im interested in structure of how long should something planned for such a time frame would be written. a castle raid and a dragon cave both have a certain classic charm, but this will be my first time DMing for strangers so I sorta wanted something that could showcase my (probably imagined and nonexistant) DM skills xD. Or something that tied into my ongoing campaign to drive players for it... but since the event is on saturday Ill probably end up using something already published :(

Niceman
2011-08-12, 10:46 AM
There's also the ol' defend the town scenarios. You come upon a farming community that had been raided by ogres or some appropriate beasties only a few hours before and they beseech the party to rescue the women and children taken....

You could make an Adventurer's Competition. A larger city with an obstacle course of challenges as part of their yearly festival. Parties try to reach the prize before the others do... and of course there may be things like cheating or a real threat descend upon the town just at that moment, etc...

Mordokai
2011-08-12, 01:47 PM
Try this one (http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?otherd20_orcandpie) :smallbiggrin: