PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Multiple Divine Bonds (Paladin)?

Luckmann
2011-08-09, 03:27 PM
I have an idea in my head. I'm fiddling with the concept of a Paladin Holy Gun/Divine Hunter/Warrior of the Holy Light, with a single level in Gunslinger Mysterious Stranger for Grit points. Yes, I am entirely aware (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11555290&postcount=101) of the potential issues of combining the Holy Gun and Divine Hunter in that it is not strictly legal by RAW. But let's ignore that for a second and just assume that any potential DM would allow it on the basis of changes being extremely minor and the fluff & rules meshing awesomely.

Anyway, in the interest of being awesome in the way any pistol-wielding hunter of the evil, dark and nasty should be, I demand dual-wielding revolvers. This is feat-intensive on an already feat-starved class, but well, fair enough. Three feats to the wind in the interest of realizing a concept. This is, however, where I start running into issues. The class just isn't very nice to the idea of dual-wielding.

Enter Divine Bond(s).

I am looking at the PFSRD, trying to find a way to have to two Divine Bonds, because for obvious reasons, I don't want one revolver to be the dispenser of divine justice in the western hemisphere, while the second one is a run-of-the-mill sucky mcsuck of sucky revolvers.

Anyone that know of a way to get an extra Divine Bond? I just want another pair of eyes on this, in case I'm missing something.

Curious
2011-08-09, 04:03 PM
There is no way to get a second divine bond, but you could ask your DM to allow you to split up the bonuses allowed by the bond between your weapons.

beyond reality
2011-08-09, 04:25 PM
Well, looking at the divine Bond rules there's nothing in it that explicitly states you can only have a single weapon enhanced at a time. You could enhance one weapon, then the other. Each enhancement using a use of the ability.

Major downside is that this is two Standard actions in a row to get it to work. But assuming your GM is cool with being a little flexible with the rules in the first place I'm sure you could propose a feat that lets you spend two uses of Divine Bond as a single standard action to enhance two weapons you're currently wielding.