PDA

View Full Version : Vknight Stuck on What to Run

Vknight
2011-08-09, 03:38 PM
Ok so I have my normal group of players that sometimes cause problems but are good players and fun to be around.
Now here is the problem we just finished a short D&D campaign for over the summer before everyone goes back to high-school and I go to college. Note my college is 30minutes away so I'm not going anywhere but I'm not sure what game to run.
It's not a matter of no ideas. I got ideas at least one for each rpg I own. That's the problem I have to many ideas and cannot think of one to go with. As such most of my players also have only played 4e D&D.

Not much of a problem. Now my players are fine either way staying with D&D and other fantasy settings or going in completely different directions Sci-Fi, Modern, Western etc.
They have no opinion on the matter so I'm stuck...
Then an idea hit me the playgrounders!
So quickly I put below the list of all the different rpgs I own. Most of my players are quick learners so a games difficulty curve will not be a problem.
I just need to limit the number of rpgs from there I can streamline the data.
Which means adding more to the story better plot because currently I have ideas but there bouncing around in there.

In no particular order

*= I have played this
**= All my players have played one session of this
***= A campaign or multiple part game was run using this

Deadlands

Big Eyes Small Mouth *
Its Anime the Rpg

Maid **
.... Its Maid

Monsters & Other Childish Things *
You have a best friend hes awesome took you to the moon, you've traveled peoples dreams to bad he's an eldritch horror from beyond time and space that eats people.

Dresden Files *
The popular book series rpg

Call of Cthulhu *

Mage the Awakening

Vampire the Masquerade *

Ironclaw *
Furries in medieval fantasy setting

Furry Pirates *
Furries in the age of pirates

Pokemon Rpg * (The one most commonly used on this site)

Eclipse Phase *
Ghost in the Shell+ Call of Cthulhu+ Point Buy.

Engine Heart
The Humans Are Dead they used poisonous gases and poisoned there own *****

Paranoia *

Rogue Trader
Warhammer 40K

Shadowrun 4e

Dirty World
Film Noir style setting with corruption and purity

D&D 4e ***

D&D 3.5 ***

Pathfinder *

Exalted 2e **

Mutants & Masterminds 2e **

FIGHT Rpg *
A rpg based off classic fighting games Street Fighter, Tekken etc.

GURPS 4e * (Only Basic & Space)

Star Wars Galaxy Edition **

There that is all of them.

Togath
2011-08-09, 03:58 PM
As most of your players have played 4E dnd, pathfinder could be a good option, most of the skills are the same, and it uses the combat and stat system of 3.5 dnd(with a few pathfinder only changes), the company that produces pathfinder also prints adventure paths, which could make coming up with a campaign easier, also 4E(as your players know it fairly well), or 3.5(which has a few adventures which again could make coming up with a campaign easier, just alter parts that don’t make sense in your campaign world, expedition to castle raven loft, or any of the "expedition to" late 3.5 adventures are fairly well laid out(or at least raven loft is), and D20 modern could be interesting for a different sort of setting, and it uses the same system as 3.5 dnd which would make it fairly easy to learn

Jude_H
2011-08-09, 04:39 PM
ALL OF THEM.

A gritty game of investigation set on the 18th century waterfront, with an emphasis on tense Western-style showdowns. The characters hail from secret societies of sword-fighting wizards and are accompanied by snarling waterbeast pets (though the question remains which of the character and the monster is subservient to the other). The wizards must cling to their tattered humanity as they serve incomprehensible masters whose shadowy motives are nigh impossible to discern.

Also, the wizards are also apparently anime furry space tycoons? Let's go with that.

Vknight
2011-08-09, 05:04 PM
ALL OF THEM.

A gritty game of investigation set on the 18th century waterfront, with an emphasis on tense Western-style showdowns. The characters hail from secret societies of sword-fighting wizards and are accompanied by snarling waterbeast pets (though the question remains which of the character and the monster is subservient to the other). The wizards must cling to their tattered humanity as they serve incomprehensible masters whose shadowy motives are nigh impossible to discern.

Also, the wizards are also apparently anime furry space tycoons? Let's go with that.

This made me laugh thank you for that. I'd try that but I need to keep my sanity and I think that just might break it. :smallbiggrin:
Maybe later though that would be glorious especially considering those waterbeasts would be following preteens and teenagers because they can't bond with adults.

Knaight
2011-08-09, 05:10 PM
Go for Monsters and Other Childish Things. Its always a good break from the norm, and it is very well made, though both Nemesis and Reign used the ORE engine better.

dsmiles
2011-08-11, 04:36 AM
When in doubt, Friend Computer says, "Run Paranoia, citizen."