PDA

View Full Version : Any Flavor Suggestions?

a.rice72391
2011-08-09, 04:28 PM
im a fourth level fighter, laugh at me if you will, but I dual wield bastard swords with OTWF and EWP, my DM is going to homebrew a rule (with ingame prereqs) that will allow the bastard sword to be in the tigerclaw weapons so i can prestige into the bloodclaw master. the routes im thinking about are dipping one level in lion totem barb, so i can tiger transform and rage at +6 str, maybe either getting monkey grip to get that 2d8 damage mainhand going, or stronghold bracers for both hands, stuff that will allow me to get full attacks, allow those attacks to hit, and to do good damage, anything i might be overlooking? thanks in advance.

*edit* i do realise this may have a poor title, cause what i asked in the body was flavor irrelevant. but my point being this is the flavor path i want and i realise i could have taken better routes to be better in general but i like the flavor of this character. and my ToB class will be warblade for the tigerstance prereq.

Prime32
2011-08-09, 06:58 PM
anything i might be overlooking? thanks in advance.Note that EWP (bastard sword) gives you only +1 damage over dual-wielding longswords. Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting again gives you +1 damage over what you could normally have. Monkey Grip gives you +1 damage and -2 attack (far worse than just Power Attacking), doesn't affect your off-hand, and doesn't stack with Strongarm Bracers. If you use Strongarm Bracers then your swords are already going to be freaking huge, regardless of what type they are, making the feats less necessary.

The Feycraft template in DMG2 lets you make a weapon one category lighter without changing its type. Thus the bastard sword you wield in your off-hand would be treated as a light weapon.

If you want to deal good damage with dual-wielding, take advantage of your higher number of attacks by using things that add bonus damage to all attacks, like sneak attack/skirmish or flaming weapons.

Cog
2011-08-09, 07:07 PM
There's a way to stick with the double-bastard-sword flavor and pull it off: Exotic Weapon Master. A single level of it to grab Uncanny Blow means you get twohanded Power Attack returns even when you wield your onehanded exotic weapon in only a single hand. Stack on your preferred flavor of Power Attack boost and rock out.

Dipping Barbarian to get pounce is very useful for a TWF build, since it's those full attacks that you're relying on.

a.rice72391
2011-08-10, 01:56 AM
Note that EWP (bastard sword) gives you only +1 damage over dual-wielding longswords. Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting again gives you +1 damage over what you could normally have. Monkey Grip gives you +1 damage and -2 attack (far worse than just Power Attacking), doesn't affect your off-hand, and doesn't stack with Strongarm Bracers. If you use Strongarm Bracers then your swords are already going to be freaking huge, regardless of what type they are, making the feats less necessary.

The Feycraft template in DMG2 lets you make a weapon one category lighter without changing its type. Thus the bastard sword you wield in your off-hand would be treated as a light weapon.

If you want to deal good damage with dual-wielding, take advantage of your higher number of attacks by using things that add bonus damage to all attacks, like sneak attack/skirmish or flaming weapons.

thank you captain hindsight, the post specifically states i like the flavor involved with this build, and im not trying to optimize in the slightest. im already where im at, telling me what i should have done does not help.

but anyways, thank you cog ill look into that.