PDA

View Full Version : Taking Down the Necromancer-IC[Team 1]

Sparrow
2011-08-10, 08:15 AM
Setting:

Here is the setting from the recruitment thread:
Plot, I guess: Kavarra, a continent of plenty, to the east you have mountains, to the west, forest. In the center, there is numerous miles of farmland and cities. To the north, sits the continent Muradon. To the east, past the forests, sits Vinical. Each of these continents flourishes with culture and economy. But to the southeast sits Abrezzi. A powerful necromancer, who has created an army of undead, has tainted this island. But necromancy has dangerous effects. In this world it taints the land. Living plants and animals are twisted. Even the water is dangerous to be in. It’s like acid. The mutant land also grows. And right now, a land bridge is being warped from below the sea and it grows towards your home. Once it arrives you will be overran by an army far greater than any army ever scene before. Now the government of each country has drafted hundreds of thousands of soldiers into the army. Even with this done, you will still be in for the fight of your lives. Now you have been chosen after proving your skill, one way or another, for an elite squad who will be in charge of leading the frontlines.
Kavarra:
Kavar, as their called, take pride in their country. The economy has always been great, with even some of the lower-class wearing nicer clothes. They think of themselves as better than any other country for that reason. With a distinct bloodline, the monarchy has ruled for thousands of years, unopposed. The country has a kind and just law system. Everyone gets a chance to tell his or her side. Each city also has a noble bloodline. Some date back centuries, others decades. These nobles, though, haven’t been in power nearly as long as the monarchy. The citizens are content with their way of living and most enjoy many of life’s luxuries. But, there is still the lower class. Although some have jobs and houses, there are some that still have to live in alleys and streets. Some that couldn’t provide for there family.

Outside cities, there are acres and acres of farmland. Farmers are some of the richest people in this country, mainly because the citizens of Kavarra enjoy beef and poultry for most of their meals. The main animals that are farmed are cows, chickens, pigs, and horses. Horses are not killed, but are used as transportation, another area to profit from. People rent or buy the horses and use them as a faster way to get across land.

In the forests to the east, there are many druids and rangers protecting their land from people seeking to get expand their territory or build new cities. They will be the first to get hit when the undead come to Kavarra.

To the west are the dwarves and other mountain races. They excel in smithing and provide the army with their weapons. These people are part of the middle class, along with most other merchants.

The Kavar army uses a basic hierarchy with the nobles at the highest ranks, most of the time. Citizen recruits start at private, where as nobles start at sergeant. They progress based on accomplishments. If you do something that is recognized by an officer, most likely you will be promoted. Your pay increases as you rank up.

Muradon:Muradon was the first country to switch to a republic. Their officials are voted in. They have a senate and executive branch. Unlike older republics (For example Rome.), Muradon allows both men and women from any social class to vote. But the social structure has finer lines than Kavarra. There are the richer people, the merchants, landowners, and higher-ranking officers in this case. There are the middle class, the healers, farmers, and lower-ranking officers. The lower class consists of the privates, peasants and service industry. Most peasants join the military anyway. Like other countries, the economy flourishes and the higher class is almost always treated as royalty. The army is set up where it is harder to get promoted, most likely to prevent lower class people from getting rich, although it has been done before. People in this country usually make weapons, or other equipment. This country will be the last one hit by the hoard.

Vinical: Vinicians are the lower class of the world. Most are hunters and live in the forest. The government is makeshift and always ends up falling apart. If a leader is chosen, (s)he is usually assassinated with-in a few months. Most of the people in this country are barbarians, rangers, scouts, or druids. Vinicians believe that money is useless and chose to raid coastal cities in Kavarra.

It is a cold winter day and you have been summoned to Kadar, capital of Kavarra. Outside, snow lightly falls, children stand in the street making snowmen and having snowball fights. Even in this time of crisis, the children remain cheerful. You stand in a large room; a blue carpet lines the center of the floor. Banners with the Kavar monarch crest hang from the ceiling between large windows that line the sides of the room. As you enter, you are greeted by a human woman. She has long flowing brown hair and looks to be in her early thirties. She introduces herself, “Hello my name is Mary Accardo. I am a general in the Kavar military. You must be wondering why I called you here. By now, each of you must know about the impending blight approaching the south-eastern border. We stand on the brink of destruction. We have sent many warmages to destroy the necromancer who controls the undead. But, they are too powerful, all of the men and women sent have not returned. You have been selected as an elite task force. You will be the ones to destroy this evil necromancer, any questions?” The general finished and looked solemnly at each one of you individually. When her eyes pass Jan Shin, she suspiciously eyes him for a moment.

Note: You aren’t all in the military, just so you know. It’s kind of like people were scouting for potential recruits and they found you. You could be in the military, but it isn’t required.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-10, 01:06 PM
Military work, eh? I'm surprised you would recruit one as old as me. Desperate aren't we?
Crilethin hoots with his laughter, banging the end of his walking stick upon the floor.

Sparrow
2011-08-10, 04:57 PM
"Desnaro, is it? I don't believe this is the time for jokes. This world is near destruction and yes, we asked you to help. Get over it. All you are is a washed up psion who for some reason was label high ability." She flipped her hair back behind her ear. And then went back to scanning the group.

HempRope
2011-08-10, 07:30 PM
At the back of the group, two men stand slightly apart from the others -- and one of them seems to have brought an unbridled horse, a huge, dark grey stallion with white splotches on its legs and breast. In fact, there are three men; a short, handsome human comes around from behind the horse as General Accardo starts speaking. He looks rather out of place dressed in an unremarkable brown tunic, the other two men being heavily armored and wearing military insignia.

The owner of the horse is the tallest of the three and wears black from helm to boot; thick silver jewelry and a bright belt provide the only contrast to his funereal outfit. He seems more interested in the General's words than his companion, who wears a more varied and militaristic array of bright steel, dark leather and light cloth. This man is looking over the others assembled in the room with little apparent interest in discretion. In fact, little about the group, from the third man's huge battle axe to the horse's clear impatience with being indoors, suggests discretion.

The tall man meets the General's look impassively.

I'm sure you could role Knowledge checks to ID the insignia they sport; they only mark rank in the Muradian army.

The-Mage-King
2011-08-10, 09:51 PM
"The whole world?" Iston asks, quirking an eyebrow. "Last I heard it was just this continent."

"But that's not important to me. The job, and what it pays, are." He continues shooting a glance to the men in the back.

Sparrow
2011-08-10, 09:53 PM
The woman rolls her eyes,"Yes, the pay. You all will be paid very generously for your services to the country."

The-Mage-King
2011-08-10, 09:55 PM
"And the specifics of the job?" Iston returns. "Location to head to, our support, our supplies? Do we have an insertation point, with a place to head to, or are we searching for the necromancer as well?"

magusoftheCore
2011-08-10, 10:04 PM
The old elf stops his laughter then closes eyes, breathing deeply. After a few moments they slowly open, staring daggers into the general.
Do not make light of the powers of the mind, youth, I am greater than your ranking system. Respect your elders. I accept the summons simply for the want for a world where my blood can prosper in peace. What further information have you regarding this mission? Our exact objective, so to speak.

Sparrow
2011-08-10, 11:07 PM
The young woman started to pace around the room. A sorrowful looked filled her eyes, probably from your seemingly impossible task she was about to give you. "You will be magically inserted at the south-east border, around the city Jaduh. According to our wizards, there are only about thirty undead around this area. Your job is to eliminate them and continue onto Albrezzi. There you will find a lot more undead. Only attack them if you believe you will not be overwhelmed. Your job is to scout the undead, and report back any specifics about the army." The woman walked up to the old elf and said straight to his face, "Listen to me, elf. I am the highest ranking officer in the Kadar military, I have hundreds of thousands of soldiers under my control. Don't threaten me, because you have no idea what I can do to you. For all you know, I could use the same mind magic as you, far more powerful than anything you can do. Think about that when you open your mouth next time." Then she took a few steps back and looked back at the rest of the people, "Any more questions, that I haven't answered?"

Could everyone avoid using royal blue for text. That seemed the most appropriate color for this NPC.

The-Mage-King
2011-08-10, 11:13 PM
"Supplies, for one. And now that I know the plan, what sort of undead are we going to be dropped by?" Iston asks, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I require that knowledge for my battle plan. depending on the type, I'll need to adjust my weapon to fit. "

Sparrow
2011-08-10, 11:27 PM
"Any basic supplies will be provided. As far as we can tell, most of the undead are zombies. But, I wouldn't be surprised to find other types. That is as much about the enemies as we have found. Sadly the necromancer is shielding his minions from to much scrying. It is a wonder we know as much as we do." She walked to the door leading outside. As she opened it, a gust of wind flooded in. She turned to a soldier standing outside the door and ordered, "Go get the mage that I told you about." With that, the guard scurried of towards the cities arcane college. The general shut the door and the cold air immediately dissolved.

HempRope
2011-08-11, 01:55 AM
"Your hundreds of thousands of soldiers, ma'am," says the man with the horse, his voice ringing surprisingly high. "Are they not marching south, too? For what force are we scouting?"

Sparrow
2011-08-11, 10:09 AM
"The majority of the army has already started marching towards Jaduh. There are still guards posted in and around the city, to prevent any other countries from invading in this time of crisis. Your job is to figure out many undead will be expected to enter the country at one time. You need only go a few miles out of the country. Please try to keep an estimated number of enemies that you can report back to us. This way we can think of a battle strategy when we march into Albrezzi. Most likely, the necromancer has lieutenants. You are to kill these lieutenants and make sure they cannot come back. After all the lieutenants are killed, you will be the ones to eliminate the necromancer who controls the undead. Most likely, he is also some type of powerful undead, so be prepared." The woman finished, still waiting for the guard to return with the mage from the arcane college.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-11, 12:27 PM
My dear general, don't take my comments as insubordination. I meant in your rankings of psions. Besides, if you were more talented in my art, you wouldn't require the aid of a mage to transport us to our destination.
Crilethin bows his head and steps back after this, quelling any further comments in the pursuit of expediency.

HempRope
2011-08-11, 01:29 PM
"So we go down, kill what undead we can find, and rendez vous with the main force, says the man in black. He smiles.

"Right up my alley. The rest of you prepared to get going?"

I'm ready to bite the bullet and just depart. Or we can do formal introductions...

Sparrow
2011-08-11, 01:34 PM
"The mage should be here in about ten minutes. Until then, you may talk among yourselves. Now, if you don't mind, I must go suit up. I will be teleported after you, for I am leading the main force into battle." With that, she turns and exits the room through a door in the back. As the door shuts, you hear a click. She locked the door behind her.

HempRope
2011-08-11, 03:21 PM
Jan Shin

"Well, won't be any love lost there," says the man in black as soon as the lock clicks shut. "Sir Jan Shin Asperian, Knight of Muradon. But please, Jan Shin is fine. This is Captain Tendil, my second in command -- when there are troops to command."

The man with the axe bows his head, but doesn't say anything. Of course, that is what courtesy dictates, but courtesy seems to have been put out of mind in this room.

"I was trained as a Warmage and normally lead troops for General Athswick, of Muradon. But obviously times are not normal, and so here I am. I did hope we would have a larger force, but... I suppose we can make do."

He pauses.

"Unless you have many men with you?" he asks hopefully, looking over the others.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-11, 05:10 PM
Our mission is one of stealth, young one. Too many men would lead to our faster discovery. Do you fear fighting alone?
The old elf smiles obnoxiously at Jan Shin.

The-Mage-King
2011-08-11, 10:31 PM
"Listen, buddy. We're being inserted into a hostile heavy zone. As much as I'd like additional people guarding my back, we can't afford the delays it would take." Iston says, rolling his eyes.

"Aside from that, my name is Iston d'Chatar. Premiere swordsman." He continues, nodding.

Moranica
2011-08-12, 07:24 AM
"Finally!! I was getting tired of punishing small time criminals. It's about time I was selected for a greater purpose. You may consider this necroman dead from now on. Cause, Gilvar, dwarven paladin of Moradin is coming to kill him."

HempRope
2011-08-12, 12:11 PM
Jan Shin

"No," says Jan Shin, "Though I'd rather avoid it!"

The old man can talk all he wants.

"Are you afraid to fight? Anyway, I wasn't suggesting we wait. It's good to have a swordsman and some confidence.

"I hadn't realized that we were leaving quite so soon, however. This is Braston," he says, slapping a hand on the horse's side. "And we need to get him saddled and armored. We'll be back in a moment."

With that, all three men and the horse turn and walk deliberately through the door. Once outside, they move faster.

"Santay, hurry ahead and get things ready. Damian, you and the men will come down with the main force and join us at the sea. They'll fight will fight with Athswick, but see if you can stick around Accardo. We should know what's going on at the top. Keep Santay close, and the old man [Athswick] should let you contact me if something comes up. Hopefully I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Go, now, back to the camp. Tell Roan to keep the others safe."

Jan Shin meets Santay and Tao at the nearest stable, where they are keeping Braston's armor. They get ready in about five minutes, say their brief goodbyes, and go their separate ways.

Braston returns to the building after about ten minutes, wearing his helmet and with the horse fully covered in near-black half plate.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-12, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't have accepted this mission if I were afraid to fight. I am Crilethin Desnaro, a "high ability" psion as you may have heard the general say. I have never had true reason to fight in the past so I can only offer my exceptional ability.
The elf bows, a fire in his eyes as he smiles.

Moranica
2011-08-12, 12:56 PM
"Excellent compagnons, bringen food and all. This beast should feed us for quite a bit."

Sparrow
2011-08-12, 10:35 PM
Before anyone could react to the strange statement about eating the horse, the door swung open. In walked a mage in fancy robes studded with gems. Behind him stood to other people. The studded robed man introduced himself, "I am Eldrich the Wise, Arch Mage of the Arcane College of Kadar. I guess I'm supposed to teleport you or something. Along with these other two that came to the college instead of here. I'll give you a moment for meet and greet." With that, he started to pace around the room, waiting for the introductions to finish.

((This is when metahuman1 and 00110111 enter the game))

magusoftheCore
2011-08-12, 10:58 PM
Oo hoo, hee hee, hahaha, more young ones! I hope I don't end up babysitting you lot. Hee hee, hohoho. In all seriousness, though, welcome! We're off to slay the undead! Crilethin's the name.
The graying elf with firey eyes holds out a tired hand in greeting. His eye
s pierce into you, contradicting his exuberant exterior.

HempRope
2011-08-12, 11:45 PM
Jan Shin

That's seriousness?

"Sir Jan Shin Asperian, Warmage and Major of the Muradian army," Jan Shin says to the newcomers (latecomers?), realizing that for perhaps the first time in his memory he may be surrounded by people less inclined to formality than he is. "I was told we were waiting for 'the Mage'... which of you is that?"

2011-08-13, 10:49 AM
Two pairs of cold grey eyes enter the room from the Mage's shadow. As the mage moves off, a large wolf in spiked armor steps into view. He sniffs the air, turns his head, and whines hungrily. "You've already eaten!" reprimands the gnomish warrior, outfitted in fashionably-dilapidated brigandine armor.

The gnome meets the eyes of men around the room, flooding their minds with droughts of raw emotion -- a byproduct of immense power at the brink of bursting forth. To those who are fighting-fit, she salutes as a matter of course. She bares her teeth in a silent hiss at the doddards, for it is her experience that war culls those who lack both mind and body.

"The Evil Mage will remember one name, which I will one day brand into his soul before I send him to Hades forever." The gnome raises her clenched fist, which bursts into flame. "Shauna Boss, Prismatic Legionnaire. We are ready to disembark." she declares decisively.

She clasps the hand of any who still proffer it. Her handshake is firm, even if it will only fit around two human-sized fingers.

Moranica
2011-08-13, 11:14 AM
Oh dear.... a gnome. There goes the neighbourhood.

"Welcome! I sure hope this "embarking" has nothing to do with ships. Just teleport us into the middle of things."

Metahuman1
2011-08-13, 12:42 PM
"That would be my Gathering at any rate."

This form a very short, very thin man of obvious elven heritage. He wore a simple sturdy robe of grey and a pair of brown boots, practical attire for traveling. On his person was a leather belt that had several pouches on it as well as a single dagger in a sheath, and across his back was a short bow and arrows, along with a relatively small traveling pack. He also bore a thin bronze colored band of metal around his head, hanging just above the bases of his pointed ears, and a pair of sturdy forearm guards, made with leather and judging form the design built with some manner of metal on the inside, which produced a very soft glow, virtually unnoticeable glow. His last ornament was a ring, made seemingly of some manner of dull colored metal and fashioned in the shape of several feathers linked as one.

He was lithely built, where he any more so he'd either have looked sickly or effeminate, anyone's guess which. His hair was silver, but not in such a way that it seemed to add age to his physical appearance. On the contrary, he seemed fairly young by Elvin standards, though for most in the room that might just be a perception. But it was those Honey Gold eyes, filled to the brim with force of personality, Raw intellect, and no scant about of cunning, that made you realize he was not someone a wise man would take lightly.

"Darsidhien Galalinde, Dars for short if you prefer. Good to meet you all. I apologize for the Delay, but I only just arrived in town not two hours ago. I'm glad I didn't miss the group, and I hope we didn't"
at this he nodded his head toward the gnome to indicate who "we" was in this sentence."cause too much of a delay?"

He gave a curtious smile to all, though as the Gnome made her speech, he did raise a single eye brow for just a second, betraying no particular emotion on his features as he did. He offered a hand to anyone interested in shaking by way of greeting as he spoke.

He was coming on as relatively friendly, one had to wonder if he really understood what he was getting into. Then again, Those eyes of his said he didn't miss much.

Sparrow
2011-08-13, 02:00 PM
The mage who was pacing around the room stopped and turned towards the group. "I will be transporting you. As I said before, my name is Eldrich the wise. Just tell me when your ready, and you will be on your way to Jaduh. For know, I will be admiring the architecture of this building." With that, he turned back and started pacing, looking at the walls and ceiling and what not.

Sparrow
2011-08-14, 11:14 AM
The mage dispels the fire and swats the finger away from his face. "Don't threaten me, or I swear, you will be in so much pain that the high priestess herself won't be able to fix you." the mage yells at Shauna. "I am following orders. You can take five minutes to say hello, or you can yell at me. Neither option will get you to the undead faster. So, just shut your mouth and leave me alone. You will be killing zombies soon enough."

OoC: Probably not a good idea to fight the 16th level wizard. Just saying.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-14, 01:46 PM
Crilethin walks to the gnome and lightly grabs the wrist of the flaming hand.
Calm yourself, gnome. He is not the threat here. Save your fury for creatures that deserve it.
He smiles at Shauna and holds out a hand to her wolf, allowing it to sniff, hopefully gaining permission to pet it from the animal itself.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 03:43 PM
I knew it ..... wheehehhehe ... gnomes

The-Mage-King
2011-08-15, 11:17 PM
"Well, well. A belligerent gnome, an old psionicist, an elf mage, a warmage, a trouble-making dwarf, and my handsome self." Iston says, rubbing his chin.

"No way we can fail." He continues, brushing a hair from his eyes. "We're far too ragtag to not succeed. Let's get going."

Moranica
2011-08-16, 03:39 AM
"Hey, who you calling trouble-making! Watch that tongue of yours. ..... you wouldn't happen to be evil now, would you?"

Metahuman1
2011-08-16, 12:56 PM
"I Concur, nothing could conceivably go wrong with this. Tell me, do we have a plan beyond stick the pointy objects into the moving corpses until they stop moving?"

There was sarcasm in his voice, and he was rubbing his temples as he spoke.

They would put me with one of those all talent no discipline types too boot. This with regard to the Gnome. Still, this is important, so I suppose we should be going.

"Alright, since the lady is in such a rush, We should perhaps get down there and take a look at the terrain, begin working out best angle of approach then?"

magusoftheCore
2011-08-16, 11:54 PM
Well mage? Shall we depart?
Crilethin interrupts the architectural admiration.

HempRope
2011-08-17, 01:28 PM
Jan Shin

"My plan includes blasting them as well as poking them, but I think that's the gist of it," the Warmage says. "Let's be off."

Sparrow
2011-08-17, 03:07 PM
"Very well, everyone must place a finger on my robe, as much as I hate it. Then, we will teleport to the drop zone and I will teleport back here." After everyone puts there finger on him, the mage says, "Hold on, wouldn't want to be misplaced." He casts the spell and after a second you realize that you have not been teleported. "What, thats strange, that should of worked, let me try again." The mage tries again, but with no luck, you are still in Kadar. "This very strange. We should be at the drop point. Why is my magic not working?"

Metahuman1
2011-08-17, 05:01 PM
Why indeed? That is a good question.

[roll0] Knowledge Arcana check to see if I can think of why this would be happening.

Sparrow
2011-08-17, 05:12 PM
In regards to the knowledge check: You only can speculate that it may be magic causing it.

I edited, sorry.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-18, 09:32 PM
The drop point is obviously compromised. We must go somewhere else.
Crilethin looks to the ground and shakes his head, laughing softly.
Brilliant adventure thus far.

HempRope
2011-08-19, 11:41 AM
Is this an IC thing we're supposed to deal with or are we just treading water while the healer gets finished?

Jan Shin

"I trust you feel that lock, too," Jan Shin says, hoping that this august magus has at least as much a feeling for arcana as the warmage himself does.

Moranica
2011-08-19, 11:49 AM
"I don't get it... You are the guy that is supposed to transport us, but you fail at just that?"

Metahuman1
2011-08-19, 12:14 PM
"Some Necromancers can cast spells that are not done with regard to the Arcane application or influence of the powers of life and death themselves. "

The Wizard began, his eyes shining with the speed his mind was working with.

"It would require a very, very powerful bit of magic to prevent the teleporation this man just attempted," At this he indicated the other mage. "We know those to be facts. There fore, I submit three theory's that are within the realm of possibility based on that those facts. The first, is that there is at minimum one Necromancer whom we will be opposing that is powerful enough to work such magics, and has done so. The second, Is that the Necromancer is itself not capable of such a feat of arcane ability, but has at minimum one member of his undead legions that is, and whom is working as either an ally too the Necromancer, or as a Servant of some manner. The last is that the Necromancer has recruited at least one ally who is capable of such a thing, form some at the moment undermined source. Sadly I have not nearly enough information at my disposle at the moment to hazard speculation as to what that could be."

One would imagine that the Petit elf would have tired by now of speaking, or indeed needed to stop to gasp breath. However, such proved to not be the case yet.

"I would also add, that this does not bode well at all for us, and that we may need too select and attempt an alternative landing site if one is readily available. Surely when scouting was done at least one backup plan was made for this contingency?"

The elf quieted his rapid speaking at last, now awaiting an answer to the question he'd ended on.

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 07:34 PM
"Yes, you have to travel to the drop point without magic, either by horse or something else. Of course, the drop point is about two thousand miles away, so it would be best for you to leave now." Without letting anyone respond, the mage said, "Now. Go. Shoo. Get. Leave. Go save the world or whatever." He walked over to the front door and opened it, holding it open for the group to exit.

HempRope
2011-08-19, 11:21 PM
Could you guys please post character names at the tops of your posts, at least until I get everyone sorted out?

Jan Shin

As the elf goes on, Jan Shin's eyebrows rise progressively higher -- were he wearing his stout, spiked helmet they might be lost to sight.

"Good theories," he says flatly. "You've deduced that there's a powerful arcanist foiling the teleportation spell. Brilliant. Glad to know that the magic hasn't sprung up on its own."

He pauses.

"Actually, do we know that? Anyway, I'll add another theory for you -- it was a powerful mage not allied with the necromancer who has cast the spell!"

Jan Shin then smiles at the elf. It seems quite genuine.

"As for you," he continues, turning toward the ornately-robed man trying to hurry them away. "It's a good thing the rest of us don't lie down when we meet a little bit of resistance, or you wouldn't even have an ivory tower to scuttle off to. My first thought would be that someone try and abjur whatever effect it is stymieing your spell, but everyone seems to have given up on that. So our first course of action will be to leave the city -- and therefore the area of this spell, if the Gods are with us -- and try to teleport from there. If you can't think of an alternative, it looks like you'll be coming with us."

The soldier's voice has raised in volume some, but he doesn't seem terribly angry, more exasperated, his inflection suggesting that he's explaining something quite simple to an apprentice.

"Or I suppose you can send a missive to General Accardo."

He smiles again. It is definitely an insincere gesture this time, except for the part that broadcasts self-satisfaction.

And don't even suggest a Mass Fly, that's the very last option we'll pursue. After marching south with the rest of the army.

The-Mage-King
2011-08-19, 11:26 PM
Iston

"Of all the times to not know that trick..." Iston mutters, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I completely agree with... Jan, I believe's, plan. It's the best option we have." He says, cracking his neck. "So let's get moving."

((Note that I, in the first bit of stuff, always say my character's name. Just sayin'))

Sparrow
2011-08-20, 07:06 PM
The General returned to the room, now suited in a set of breastplate. Seeing that you were still there, she asked "What seems to be the problem? You should be gone by now." The mage filled her in on everything, including Jan's plan. Afterwards, she said "I see, well your best bet is to try the spell again out side the radius of the spell." She walked over to the door and opened it, telling the guard outside to come in. "This is Phil, he will escort you to a new location for the spell to cast." Phil was a taller human with brown hair. In one hand, he held a crossbow. At his waist, was a longsword in its sheathe. This was typical for these guards, most of them used crossbow, for some reason. Phil responded, "Yes, General." He then turned to the group. "Please follow me, I will bring you to a safe area outside the city." He motioned for all of you to follow.

HempRope
2011-08-20, 08:03 PM
Jan Shin Asperian

"Jan Shin," corrects the warmage.

Smiling at the academian's silence, he follows the guard out the door and quickly mounts his horse.

Moranica
2011-08-21, 05:27 AM
"Uhm, we are going on foot, are we?"

magusoftheCore
2011-08-21, 09:43 PM
Crilethin Desnaro

Or at least by horseback.

Sparrow
2011-08-24, 08:07 PM
Phil tells everyone to wait while he leaves for a few minutes. He returns about ten minutes later. Behind him, stands a horse for each person who doesn't have one already. "Mount up, this will be quicker by horse."

HempRope
2011-08-25, 12:55 AM
Jan Shin

"Good, let's go."

Moranica
2011-08-25, 04:25 AM
"Uhm..... oh dear...... yeah .... I'm not to good with horses.................. HELP!"

Metahuman1
2011-08-26, 12:47 PM
"My apologies Master Dwarf, but I am unable to render any meaningful assistance in that regard. But try to take comfort in the fact that I've No aptitude for Equestrian activity's or Persutes myself."

And now, the elf sounded part way between annoyed and nervous.

HempRope
2011-08-26, 03:01 PM
Jan Shin

"You can ride Braston with me," Jan Shin says to the elf. "What horseman have we who can take the dwarf?"

Sparrow
2011-08-26, 03:07 PM
Phil says, "I'll take the dwarf, I suppose." He sighs and mounts his horse, waiting for the dwarf to come over to him, so he can help him up onto the horse.

Metahuman1
2011-08-26, 03:14 PM
"My thanks. At some point, I really must learn a spell to render the need of a mount a none issue."

The elf proceeds, with Jan Shins aid, to get in the saddle.

Moranica
2011-08-26, 03:54 PM
The dwarf grumbling and all, gets on the horse.

"Ok, horsey, throw me off, and I'll eat you."

Sparrow
2011-08-26, 04:03 PM
((Fast Forwarding memory to a more recent one. Wait, is that copyrighted?))

You ride out of the city to an outpost. You are now about 10 miles out of the city. The place looks deserted but it is also the perfect place to cast the spell away from prying eyes. The mage dismounts from his horse and states, "Okay, this should be good, we shouldn't be interrupted anymore. You all know the drill," he said pointing at the ground. Phil waits to leave until after the spell is casted.

Moranica
2011-08-26, 04:32 PM
"Good, this horse has had long enough to plan and kill me. Best leave it here."

magusoftheCore
2011-08-26, 09:25 PM
Crilethin Desnaro

I know not of the arts of riding. I will also need assistance.
Oh derp... XD

Metahuman1
2011-08-27, 12:16 PM
The elf, with some manner of difficulty, managed a dismount, having made up his mind by that point that he was inclined to prefer walking when it was viable.

"Good, On with it we go then."

The-Mage-King
2011-08-27, 03:07 PM
Slipping off the horse with little effort, Iston looks around the area.

"Hm... Good ambush territory. Eyes open, everyone." He says, keeping his eyes peeled for threats.

Sparrow
2011-08-27, 03:19 PM
Phil directs you to an old building and swings the door open. Light slips through cracks in the wall. He has his sword drawn incase anything is inside. A horrible odor comes from inside the room. He takes one step into the room before sees a corpse on the floor about six feet in. He looks to the side an sees blood splattered on the wall. On what appears to be the commanding officers desk you see another corpse, dressed in full officers clothing. He is spread across, with ropes restraining his legs and arms. Around him, candles sticks are set up. It appears they were put out recently.

Behind you, you hear an ominous moan and what sounds like a human woman giggling.
If you turn around, you see nothing but more old buildings.

Moranica
2011-08-28, 03:55 PM
Turning on detect evil scanner.

HempRope
2011-08-28, 07:11 PM
Jan Shin

Jan Shin unstraps the longspear from his saddle and raises it to his shoulder.

Waiting on answers to OOC questions.

Metahuman1
2011-08-28, 07:17 PM
Dars will draw a wand from his belt and come to stand behind the Dwarf. He is also gonna cast Mage Armor and Detect Magic, in that order, and then ready an action too counter-spell.

Sparrow
2011-08-28, 09:53 PM
((Answers to questions in OOC Thread))

Phil turns toward the noise as well, drawing his crossbow as he sheathes his sword. The giggling is now getting louder. All of a sudden, Phil collapses to one knee. He yells out in pain. Clearly he is being hurt severely. Eventually, he stops yelling, collapsing to the ground. He is still conscious, but he is also in no condition to stand, let alone fight. He appears to be permanently damaged, twitching on the ground.

magusoftheCore
2011-08-28, 11:56 PM
Crilethin
I've spent too long in solitude... damn it all...
The elf's eyes glow red and orange as he centers himself.
Move action to gain psionic focus in case i didn't have it.

Moranica
2011-09-03, 10:04 AM
Realising, the danger he is in, Gilvar casts protection from evil on himself.

Hmmpf, the irony, evil would need protection from me, not really the other way around.

Metahuman1
2011-09-03, 12:43 PM
The following is on my Initiative.

Dars moved to stand behind the dwarf, bringing out a smooth, narrow, yeu wood stick, eleven inches long and a bit springy, and seemingly slick at first glance.

First order of Business, make sure he wasn't going to die too a stray shot or a well placed charge. He spoke a few words of a language no longer used to simply speak, and at the end jerked his finger at the Dwarf, who swelled in size till he stood almost ten feet tall!

Move action, moved behind Gilver, drawing my wand of grease as I do, and used a Standard action to cast enlarge person on him, and am now using him for cover. Why? He looked tough and strong and armored and seemed to like big sharp things, so I figured in character he'd like it, and my character would be able to logic out making someone like that bigger and then hiding behind them to work spells.

Sparrow
2011-09-05, 09:12 AM
Phil lies unconscious on ground. He isn't moving, except for the occasional twitch.

((Next up is the-mage-king))

The-Mage-King
2011-09-05, 04:14 PM
Keeping his blade sheathed, Iston mutters a curse. With a shift of his left arm, and a small wand slides into his hand as he dashes to the southwest.

Quick Draw wand of Disruption, Move to... I'll call it 10B.

Sparrow
2011-09-05, 05:55 PM
((Is that right?))

At the sound of approaching feet, five human zombies storm out of the other building, breaking down the doors in their way. Two come from the north building, one from the west building, and two more from the south. Jan Shin is attacked by two zombies, iston by one, and Gilvar by another two.

Jan Shin:
First Zombie:
First Zombie Attack Roll:[roll0]
First Zombie Crit Confirm:[roll1]
First Zombie Damage: [roll2]
Second Zombie:
Second Zombie Attack Roll:[roll3]
Second Zombie Crit Confirm:[roll4]
Second Zombie Damage:[roll5]

Iston:
Zombie Attack Roll:[roll6]
Zombie Crit Confirm:[roll7]
Zombie Damage: [roll8]

Gilvar:
First Zombie:
First Zombie Attack Roll:[roll9]
First Zombie Crit Confirm:[roll10]
First Zombie Damage: [roll11]
Second Zombie: Second Zombie Attack Roll:[roll12]
Second Zombie Crit Confirm:[roll13]
Second Zombie Damage: [roll14]

You continue to hear giggling, but no other being comes out of a building. You can discern that it is coming from the west building.

HempRope
2011-09-05, 11:50 PM
Jan Shin

As the zombies approach him, Jan Shin takes a sharp stab at one with his longspear, hoping to keep them from closing in on him.

[roll0], [roll1]

HempRope
2011-09-05, 11:55 PM
I assume that didn't drop it and JS takes the damage.

Jan Shin

The zombies swing at the Warmage astride his horse, one dead fist bouncing harmlessly off his greaves but the other striking his leg at a lucky angle and causing Jan Shin to grimace.

"Cut them down," he urges the others, voice still level, as Braston rears up and strikes out with his hooves and teeth, hitting first the unharmed Zombie and then the one damaged by Jan Shin's lance.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

HempRope
2011-09-06, 12:11 AM
Jan Shin

If one or more of the zombies remain(s) standing, Jan Shin maneuvers Braston in a 5' step away from it/them.

He points at one of the remaining zombies (one adjacent to him if any remain, otherwise the one assaulting Iston) and there's an explosion of flame, immolating the animated corpse.

Using the ability from Fiery Burst to create a 5' radius burst of flame that will affect a zombie and none of Jan Shin's allies. [roll0], Reflex Save DC 19 for half damage.

Moranica
2011-09-06, 02:50 PM
Whraaaghh!!! DIEE ZOMBIES!!

Expending a turn undead attempt to activate divine wrath on my axe, which adds [roll0] damage to the first attack that hits. (swift action)

Attack [roll1]; [roll2]
Crit [roll3]; [roll4]

Attack [roll5]; [roll6]
Crit [roll7]; [roll8]

Sparrow
2011-09-09, 11:32 AM
DM Stuff. Don't lookZombie 1:HP: Destroyed
Zombie 2: HP: 16
Zombie 3: HP: Destroyed
Zombie 4: HP: Destroyed
Zombie 5: HP: 16

As the zombie approaches Jan Shin, he is jabbed in the shoulder. It seems to be fine still and manages to slam the war mage in the leg. The other zombie misses Jan Shin.

As the horse rears up, he swings his hooves and bites at the zombies. The first hoof misses while the second one catches the damage zombie in the gut. The horse lunges at the now bloodied zombie, biting its head off. The zombie collapsed to the ground.

The unharmed zombie is unable to dodge the Fiery Blast. In fact, it tripped trying to avoid the fire. As a result, the zombie burns, leaving the smell of burning flesh behind. It is also destroyed.

----------------------------------

Gilvar swings his axe at the first zombie. Decapitating it with extreme prejudice. It is thoroughly destroyed. The second swing misses all together, almost clipping your own leg.

----------------------------------

The giggling has stopped and you cannot hear any noise coming from the building what so ever.