PDA

View Full Version : Making a Kensai character

DarkEternal
2011-08-10, 04:48 PM
The time arrived at last. I was strictly a DM up to this point, but one of my friends said he would like a go, which, of course, I gladly embraced since everyone likes being the player more then the DM. Now of course, comes the character creation. My friend told me we'll be starting at level 7 and go upwards, and I was thinking of making a Kensai character(made either from a rogue, a paladin or a cleric as a base class which will influence on how he will be roleplayed). I don't really understand some of the things Complete Warrior says about it, though, so I wanted to make sure. You can basically make your own weapon without paying with gold for the enhancements, but rather, with XP, which is sort of interesting.

The question, however is, is it a temporary or permanent thing that you do? I may be a bit tired as I write this but I think I missed that part. Basically, depending on the class level, you can make a similar enhanced weapon. So if I were a level 6 kensai, I could, theoretically, make a Long sword +5 with a Keen(+1) enhancement. But would I want to do that? I mean, if you can't change your weapon without breaking your oath, and the enhancements, should I "save up" the points given with levelling so I can put some of the better enhancements on it? It would seem a shame to spend those +1 enhancements, when you could save for a +4 or +4 one, right?

Other then that, any other suggestions? I'm not really looking for a powerplayer build, just want to have some fun with it, so if anyone ever played a similar class that I can see what I'm going with, here?