PDA

View Full Version : Save us!

Pigkappa
2011-08-10, 06:43 PM
I'm playing a level 11 cloistered cleric in a 3.5 published adventure. We are almost certainly doomed at the start of the next session, and I'm trying to find a way to save us. The adventure is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Forgotten/dp/0786928743

We are in an extremely long tunnel going down into the earth. We went there having Spider Movement and Freedom of Movement, but we were hit by some dispelling effects and poisoned arrows (a giant spider and 11 drows attacked us...) and are now in great trouble.

This is the situation.
The beguiler and the assassin still have Spider Movement and they aren't in great trouble. The assassin can fly, but he doesn't have Freedom of Movement anymore and can't move reliably in the tunnel; I think the Beguiler can't cast the spell anymore, but I'm not sure.
The barbarian doesn't have Freedom of Movement nor Spider Movement; he's trapped in the Web that's everywhere in the tunnel. He has 100 damage (out of 120 hp), Strength 6 (a lot of spider Poison was involved) and is fatigued. He is the only one without a Feather Fall spell active, and if he falls down, he's definitely doomed to death.
The fighter and the wizard are unconscious (Drow poison u_u) and have Freedom of Movement, so they are falling down at 18metres/round because of Feather Fall. I'm not unconscious but I'm falling down with them because I hope I can save them.

My plan is the following: if we can reach the end of the tunnel before the Feather Fall effect ends, and I can touch the wizard with my Neutralize Poison spell when we do, he can cast Dimension Door to bring me, him and the fighter near the barbarian, and then teleport all of us out of there.

However, I have the very bad feeling that the tunnel is too deep for Feather Fall to last. If this is the case, I don't know what I can do. My desperate backup idea in this case would be to cast an area Dispel Magic, and the ones who have Freedom of Movement dispelled would stop because of the Web, and then (if/when they stop being unconscious...) they could maybe try to get free and climb up (or, say, look for a side tunnel and wait 24 hours to prepare the Word of Recall spell). But this would certainly mean death for the ones I fail my Dispel Magic check on.

I have a few low-level scrolls and half of my spells prepared, but they all seem really useless now. There's no Word of Recall ("Why bother? The wizard has dimension door and teleport! And Fly!"), no Wall of Stone (the wizard had that prepared too. And a scroll, too) and no Summon Monsters.