PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater with Lifedrinker.

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-10, 06:59 PM
So the Soul Eater prestige class from BoVD grants the character a (Su) energy drain ability. This qualifies them to take the life drain feat from Libris Mortis which adds the creature's charisma modifier to the damage of each negative level bestowed by the creature to a target. However the life drain feat doesn't state that you need to bestow the negative levels with your energy drain ability. Would the negative levels from the Lifedrinker weapon count? So I would add two times my charisma modifier every time I hit with this?

Would a sorcerer attacking with a split rayed maximized enervation deal 8 times his charisma modifier if he managed to qualify for Life Drain?

Flickerdart
2011-08-10, 07:16 PM
Yes - the feat applies to all negative levels that you deal.

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-10, 07:18 PM
Yes - the feat applies to all negative levels that you deal.

Well that was simple. That is a lot stronger feat than I thought :smalleek:.

Major
2011-08-10, 07:19 PM
Technically yes. Though at higher levels the Soul Eater bestows two negative levels anyways making lifedrinker rather pointless unless you are just using it for full attacks and such.

It says whenever you bestow a negative level they take your charisma modifier in addition to the -5. It doesn't say anytime you do use your energy drain ability.

So each negative level would be cause them to lose 5+cha

Edit: Swordsaged cuz I wanted to double check

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-10, 07:23 PM
Technically yes. Though at higher levels the Soul Eater bestows two negative levels anyways making lifedrinker rather pointless unless you are just using it for full attacks and such.

It says whenever you bestow a negative level they take your charisma modifier in addition to the -5. It doesn't say anytime you do use your energy drain ability.

So each negative level would be cause them to lose 5+cha

Edit: Swordsaged cuz I wanted to double check

You could however had the necrotic focus enchantment on the life drinker to make it 4 negative levels. In a full attack normal melee damage + 64 + 16 * Charisma modifier is going to drop pretty much anything... Assuming 16 negative levels don't kill it for some reason >.>