PDA

View Full Version : The Master Craftsman [3.5 PrC; PEACH]

Noctis Vigil
2011-08-10, 09:26 PM
A PrC that I whipped up in record time just for the LOLs. I love to play and have players who craft stuff, and I hear many comments about how "gosh darn is this expensive!", "I hate spending my EXP like this!", and "This takes a long time in-game!" So I created this to try and ease the problem some. This is a very simple class, and I can already feel some of the disapproving comments it may get rising, but I know it will get used in my game worlds, so I give it to you all to use in yours as well. Without further ado, I give you:

The Master Craftsman

Prerequisites:
Feats: Any one item creation feat.
Skills: Any one Craft skill at 8 ranks, any three other Craft skills with ranks.

Class Skills:
The master craftsman's class skills (and the key ability for each) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft or Psicraft (depends on whether you cast of manifest) (Int).

Skillpoints at level up: 4+Int mod

Hit Die: D8

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Master Crafter (5%), Bonus Crafting, Brilliant Crafter|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Master Crafter (10%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Master Crafter (15%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Master Crafter (20%), Bonus Crafting|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Master Crafter (25%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Master Crafter (30%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Master Crafter (35%), Bonus Crafting|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Master Crafter (40%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|Master Crafter (45%)|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Master Crafter (50%), Bonus Crafting|+1 level of spellcasting/manifesting[/table]

Proficiencies: A master craftsman gains no proficiencies with any weapons or armors.

Spells Per Day/Powers Per Day: A master craftsman's training is all about magical studies. Thus, at every level he gains spells per day or power points per day (and spells known or powers known, if applicable) as if he had just gained a level in whatever spellcasting or manifesting class he belonged to before taking levels in master craftsman. In essence, he casts spells or manifests powers as if he had just gained a level in the class he previously belonged to. He does not, however, gain any other benefits of that class (bonus feat, improved familiar abilities, increased power when turning undead, et cetera).

If the master craftsman had more than one spellcasting or manifesting class before taking levels in this class, he must decide which class gains the added level of spellcasting or manifesting.

Master Crafter: A master craftsman is skilled in making weapons, armors and items cheaply and quickly. At each level of master craftsman, he reduces the gold cost, experience point cost, and time spent crafting items by 5%, to a maximum of 50% at 10th level.

Brilliant Crafter: A master craftsman is skilled at using his hands. He gains a bonus to all craft checks equal to his character level.

Bonus Crafting: A master craftsman rapidly learns to craft things better. At 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th levels, he gains a bonus feat the must be an item creation feat or Skill Focus: Craft in one type of crafting. He must meet all prerequisites for these feats.