PDA

View Full Version : +1 BAB and Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike at level 1

Elric VIII
2011-08-10, 09:49 PM
I'm lookin for a PrC that rants +1 BAB and +1d6SA/SS at level 1. This has been asked many times before, however the only information the threads seem to reveal is SA Fighter and Rogue/Swashbuckler.

The thing is, I already have those in my build. I need to find a PrC that can be taken at, or before, level 6 in order to qualify for Daring Outlaw ASAP. Additionally, I must be able to enter with +4 BAB, skills, no spellcasting ability, and no more than 1 feat prerequisite.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-10, 10:03 PM
The warrior class (Generic class, Unearthed Arcana) grants you a bonus feat you can trade for Sneak Attack (+2d6, I believe) as long as you have at least 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently.

Elric VIII
2011-08-10, 10:07 PM
The warrior class (Generic class, Unearthed Arcana) grants you a bonus feat you can trade for Sneak Attack (+2d6, I believe) as long as you have at least 4 ranks in Hide and Move Silently.

I thought that those were an alternate system to standard base classes. Can they be used in conjunction with Rogue, Fighter, Swashbuckler, etc?

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-10, 10:15 PM
Eh, the "rules" in Unearthed Arcana are...to be blunt, strange and poorly designed. It says "these classes are designed to be low-powered. They should not be used in games where actual PHB classes are allowed."

It's up to your DM, to be honest. I'll keep looking for other answers to your problem in the meantime though.

gkathellar
2011-08-10, 10:16 PM
Sneak attack fighter variant from UA, (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm) available on the linked SRD page. Can be combined with the Thug variant.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-10, 10:28 PM
The ronin (Complete Warrior) can be entered at level 6. Requires +6 BAB, nonlawful, EWP: Bastard Sword, and that you were exiled from the service of a feudal lord. (You could ask your DM to simply remove the Infamy class feature in order to let you dip into it)

You get +1 BAB, Infamy, and Sneak Attack +1d6.

If that doesn't work, Nightsong Enforcer is another option, though the skill requirements gives you an entry level of 7 instead of 6.

Quietus
2011-08-10, 10:32 PM
Invisible Blade in Complete Warrior gives you +1d6 sneak attack with daggers at level 1, and +1 BAB. Requires four feats to qualify though, which hurts - but if you can get those feats, the skill requirements (8 bluff, 6 sense motive) can be met in time to take your first Invisible Blade level at 6th.

ArcanistSupreme
2011-08-10, 10:45 PM
Invisible Blade in Complete Warrior gives you +1d6 sneak attack with daggers at level 1, and +1 BAB. Requires four feats to qualify though, which hurts - but if you can get those feats, the skill requirements (8 bluff, 6 sense motive) can be met in time to take your first Invisible Blade level at 6th.

Actually, it only needs three feats (Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, and Weapon Focus), but if you go by what the designer says, the ranged feats shouldn't be a part of the prereqs as it was originally a 10 level class that included ranged abilities. It got pared down to 5 levels and lost the ranged stuff, but kept the ranged feat requirements because somehow WotC's elite editing team missed it.

Blue Bandit
2011-08-10, 10:46 PM
Aside from the classes already mentioned, the closest thing I could find is the Dread Fang of Lolth from Drow of the Underdark. It has a +1 BA and +1d6 sudden strike at first level, but requires a +5 BA bonus and for you to be a drow.

Requirements are;

Race: Drow
BA: +5
Skills: Hide/4, Listen/2, Move silently/4, Spot/2
Special: Evasion
Special: Sneak Attack +2d6

Quietus
2011-08-10, 10:47 PM
Actually, it only needs three feats (Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, and Weapon Focus), but if you go by what the designer says, the ranged feats shouldn't be a part of the prereqs as it was originally a 10 level class that included ranged abilities. It got pared down to 5 levels and lost the ranged stuff, but kept the ranged feat requirements because somehow WotC's elite editing team missed it.

Right you are. I don't know why I thought it was 4, thanks.

ArcanistSupreme
2011-08-10, 10:49 PM
Right you are. I don't know why I thought it was 4, thanks.

I had to call you out because you swordsaged me while I was looking that class up. :smalltongue:

Greenish
2011-08-10, 10:52 PM
Rogukan Ninja has full BAB and Sudden Strike (if my memory serves) on level 1. It's a 3rd party base class though.

Quietus
2011-08-10, 10:52 PM
I had to call you out because you swordsaged me while I was looking that class up. :smalltongue:

I had the book open to look up the requirements. I just fail at counting. Regardless, we're edging on derailing the thread now :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2011-08-10, 10:53 PM
It would help if you posted your build - what's already set in stone, and what can change.

Elric VIII
2011-08-10, 10:54 PM
Well, I think I'll go with the UA Warrior, since it's really all that fits into the build where I have space.

AMFV
2011-08-11, 01:28 AM
There's also dread commando from heroes of battle. That fits with daring outlaw at least in some levels also group initiave bonuses rarely hurt.

Greenish
2011-08-11, 01:31 AM
There's also dread commando from heroes of battle. That fits with daring outlaw at least in some levels also group initiave bonuses rarely hurt.Requires 5 BAB and two (poor) feats though, so probably not an option.

AMFV
2011-08-11, 01:36 AM
Requires 5 BAB and two (poor) feats though, so probably not an option.

Well we don't know what his base chassis is to know, as a full BAB class it works fine. The feat tax sucks but it is a pretty standard feat tax.

Greenish
2011-08-11, 02:08 AM
Well we don't know what his base chassis is to know, as a full BAB class it works fine. The feat tax sucks but it is a pretty standard feat tax.But we know this:
I must be able to enter with +4 BAB, skills, no spellcasting ability, and no more than 1 feat prerequisite.Clear enough, I should think.

deuxhero
2011-08-11, 02:15 AM
What were the Dread Commando required feats? Can either be obtained via gold through CS?

faceroll
2011-08-11, 02:17 AM
If you take the feats Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige, and bind Andromalius, you can pick up sneak attack (2d6).

Since most (all?) +1 BAB, +1d6 PrC require crap feats, nabbing the ability to bind up to 3rd level vestiges might not be that bad, especially if you pick up 1d6 more sneak attack further down the line.

Greenish
2011-08-11, 02:20 AM
What were the Dread Commando required feats? Can either be obtained via gold through CS?The evergreen Dodge&Mobility combo. Mobility you can get from an item, but not at level 4.

deuxhero
2011-08-11, 02:28 AM
Ah yes, one of the most useless feats, and one that's pointless for anyone with tumble... which is on the skill list for every PRC of everything that requires it...

Oh WotC you...

TwylyghT
2011-08-11, 06:30 AM
Rogukan Ninja has full BAB and Sudden Strike (if my memory serves) on level 1. It's a 3rd party base class though.

Ran to my shelf to check it, they have regular sneak attack and full BAB. Also free "ninja dodge" at level 1 that functions as normal dodge but scales up with level (multiple targets or higher ac against 1).

It's a fairly decent class, kind of like the Sneak Attack Fighter variant with cool class features and more skills in exchange for a d6 hit die. Of special note is the Shadow Run ability, in light armor or less, they get a speed bonus equal to Con modifier x 5 feet. Free speed boost with your bears endurance potion! lol.

Essence_of_War
2011-08-11, 07:38 AM
Ah yes, one of the most useless feats, and one that's pointless for anyone with tumble... which is on the skill list for every PRC of everything that requires it...

It does, however, give you some strong motivation to take the criminally underused "Elusive Target" tactical feat.

faceroll
2011-08-11, 09:14 AM
If you take the feats Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige, and bind Andromalius, you can pick up sneak attack (2d6).

Since most (all?) +1 BAB, +1d6 PrC require crap feats, nabbing the ability to bind up to 3rd level vestiges might not be that bad, especially if you pick up 1d6 more sneak attack further down the line.

I am incorrect. That is not how the Bind Vestige feat works. You can't get sudden strike nor sneak attack in such a manner.

AMFV
2011-08-11, 09:45 AM
But we know this: Clear enough, I should think.
Ah, my mistake I misread the original post.

To the OPoI'm AFB right now, so I can't think of any other suggestions I am almost 100 percent positive that the list of stuff for dnd notes which sneak attack classes are full BAB

tonberrian
2011-08-11, 11:07 AM
You could try swapping out 2 levels into Swordsage. If you take Swordsage 1 and 2 with Swordage 2 at level 4 or higher, you can net Assassin's Stance, which will grant you Sneak Attack 2d6, which is enough to qualify for Daring Outlaw if I'm not mistaken. If your build has one level of rogue in it, you can toss that out and take Swordage instead and take the second Swordsage level for the PrC level.

Elric VIII
2011-08-11, 12:52 PM
But we know this: Clear enough, I should think.

Thank you for readin the op. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, my mistake I misread the original post.

To the OPoI'm AFB right now, so I can't think of any other suggestions I am almost 100 percent positive that the list of stuff for dnd notes which sneak attack classes are full BAB

I will go give that a lookover.

You could try swapping out 2 levels into Swordsage. If you take Swordsage 1 and 2 with Swordage 2 at level 4 or higher, you can net Assassin's Stance, which will grant you Sneak Attack 2d6, which is enough to qualify for Daring Outlaw if I'm not mistaken. If your build has one level of rogue in it, you can toss that out and take Swordage instead and take the second Swordsage level for the PrC level.

That's in there, too, but I may rework the build based on the generic classes, since the SA feats are skill-dependant, not class level-dependant.