PDA

View Full Version : Leadership, How do I make it work? Help!

BoutsofInsanity
2011-08-10, 10:07 PM
So I am curious to all what I can do with leadership. I have no idea how to make it work in game for the ideas I am trying to do. I run with Big-Teej so that should give you usuals the idea of the kind of Op I am going for.
P.S. if none of this is feasable... Then I am a moron... and wish you guys to help me achieve this in other ways.

Background...
My hero is a sorcerer who basically worships conflict as a game. He is the kind of individual who joins an evil party and manipulates them into a grand scheme of becoming a BBEG in the world, at the same time using his spies, mastery of being able to teleport and his followers and crew to find an opposing good aligned party and send them to fight the evil party he runs with. When they clash at the final battle my character teleports away and watches. After the winner is declared, the game begins again.

I wish to use leadership to make others become a part of my network.

I want to make money, not for myself but to finance other things, like a wizards tower, payment for mercenaries, payment for the staff of my various safe houses, finnancing my cohort so he can work at another town doing other various deeds influencing others and so forth.

I want to make a spy network, who can report to me, infiltrate high places and influence politics. A great example is having a member of my network as an advisor to the king who can sway him to take actions that are bennificial to my goals.

Those are my main things. Making a spy network, making money to self-finiance the network, report to me, and so forth. Preferably at endgame twentieth level or so, 4 of the cohorts that stack on live in towers somewhere and can scry and comunicate together. Or own guilds all apart of a bigger organization.

I would love to see this work. But I have no idea how to do it. HELP!!

vampire2948
2011-08-10, 10:40 PM
Well, you could make money by item creation, and opening a Magic-Mart in various major cities in the setting.
Or by hunting down expensive monster parts.
Or! Learn trap the soul, trap some angels, sell them in Baator or something for gold/diamonds/sparkly things.

But hey, you like conflict. Take someone else's castle.

As for leadership - If you want decent followers, possibly best to just craft loyal, intelligent constructs. Or dominate people with spells like Dominate Person [Careful, has a duration.] or Mind Rape [9th level, BoVD].

Leadership could be fun if you and your DM put the work in. But all except your cohort will be very weak relative to you. Since they're all 6th level or lower, without epic leadership.