PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class help

nolet
2011-08-11, 02:20 PM
Ok, so in my game, I am playing a variant hexblade. Very debuffy. Also, gestating a warlock. Again, dubuffy. There any really good dubuffing or 'unlucky' prestige classes out there? Even if homebrew. Please?

Treblain
2011-08-11, 02:36 PM
Paladin of Tyranny is a common combination with Hexblade; it has a debuffing aura.

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-11, 03:11 PM
Ya paladin of tyranny or a binder (Both have a debuff aura) Would be good multiclass choices. Paladin also has the benefit of + cha to saves. Another good debuffing class that I like from homebrew is http://sorcererstudios.com/showthread.php?p=2596

But you might not want to since most of its debuffs happen later on in the class. (You get another debuff aura :P and cha to saves again though)

One thing to note is that if you could get obtain familiar and improved familiar (if you didn't trade out your hexblade familiar for a dark companion than you just need improved familiar) than you could find a psion and psionic reformation the familiar into having bind vestige and improved bind vestige, which allows it to gain another debuff aura.

nolet
2011-08-11, 03:18 PM
What about prestige class ideas? Thank you so much for this so far

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-11, 03:27 PM
What about prestige class ideas? Thank you so much for this so far

Unfortunately their are not that many good prestige classes for either warlock or hexblade. You could make an ur theurgue though. (Take ur priest and then Eldritch Theuruge to progress both Ur priest and warlock invocations). That would get you cleric casting which has plenty of good debuffs.

~Corvus~
2011-08-11, 05:02 PM
Furthermore, the standard rules of Gestalt state that a PrC replaces both normal classes for all levels taken in the PrC. >_<

Yitzi
2011-08-11, 07:37 PM
Furthermore, the standard rules of Gestalt state that a PrC replaces both normal classes for all levels taken in the PrC. >_<

Where is this? I know it suggests the possibility of superpowered classes that do that, but I don't remember it saying it for normal PrCs.