PDA

View Full Version : The Broken Evil Spell That Makes People Groan (Closed)

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-11, 09:33 PM
So, I got in a discussion with a friend about monks and I mentioned that the monk gets 7 bonus feats at first level. (IUS, 1st monk feat, and EWP: Sai/Shuriken/Kama/Nunchaku/Siangham).

She said that the EWP all suck and I replied that they didn't because you could use the combo from BoVD that lets you swap feats for aberration feats and then get them back as any feats you wanted.

Now, while I was searching, I remembered reading somewhere that even though the PHB specifically states in the feat descriptions "A fighter has the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat with all martial weapons, he need not select it", this spell couldn't use those because proficiencies are a class feature.

However, the elf racial proficiencies ARE feats, and blah blah, anyone who knows the spell I'm talking about has heard this argument before.

So I looked, and I couldn't find it! Help me Playground! Where is that annoying Evil spell that lets you swap feats for Aberration or Vile feats and then the other spell that undoes it and lets you choose whatever feat you qualify for?

OracleofWuffing
2011-08-11, 09:34 PM
Dark Chaos Shuffle? Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos, I believe.

vvv Eh, it's okay, I was looking for the exact book myself. :smallsmile:

Shadowknight12
2011-08-11, 09:35 PM
Fiendish Codex I. You want the spells Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos. The type of feats you're talking about are Abyssal feats.

EDIT: Gosh-screwing-darnit.

olentu
2011-08-11, 09:36 PM
Hmm probably Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos from I believe fiendish codex 1 is the set of spells that let one swap out feats that you are thinking of.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-11, 09:40 PM
Thank you. (All three of you)

/Thread