PDA

View Full Version : SR4 - The Stone of Words

The_Watcher
2011-08-11, 09:35 PM
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. The moments have trickled by over the past few weeks, no jobs at all. All your fixers, friends and well... anyone that would hire someone like you, just has no reason to. It seems the world stable and that shadowrunning is declining. At least before that would come, you’d kill yourself probably. And then it happened just out of the blue.
The biggest piece of information to come your way: Layne Knight, the runaway daughter of Damien Knight, Ares Corp’s big daddy.

You got a message, a call from a friend, employer, fixer, or just someone. And it said the SIN had been used. It almost seemed like the SIN was being used just enough that high up Shadowrunners that already had their eye on it would know right where to go. It even went so far as to set up a reservation for dinner at a nouveau cuisine restaurant; one with real food. The name of the restaurant is Verdonis Vecordi, it means something about food in some old tongue, but it is a high up restaurant. Reservations take nearly three years to get there, and even getting in to the nightclub part attached to it is horrendous. Now it’s almost like Layne was challenging you to get in, like she only wants the best.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 10:22 PM
Scarlet and Miranda
"Hey, Scarlet", Miranda clicks the appropriate virtual quickcall button on her comm. "Seems we'll be working together again. I'm about to look up where this fancy place is", and she searches the matrix simultaneously to check the address of the restaurant Verdonis Vecordi.

The_Watcher
2011-08-11, 10:40 PM
Miranda

Verdonis Vecordi, 165676 Upper Main Street at the corner of Pelfour Drive.
Level 5 security. Level 6 guest list.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-11, 10:48 PM
Alfred

Rereading the message one last time before finding something to wear Alfred pulled out a small fire-starter and burned the note before anyone else could find it. This girl was sitting in a perfect spot for a trap and every precaution was going to needed if something did happen, so nothing was going to be left behind for this mission and recon would have to be performed today before night fell. Packing a single well tailored suit into his heavy satchel he left the small saferoom and made his way to the streets.

In the streets Alfred until making his way through the shadow filled alleyways and empty rooftops until he had a clear view of the restaurant. Blending in to the buildings around him Alfred moved about the target location watching both the obvious actions of the staff and any hidden electronic systems that might appear on his image scanner.

OOC: Using GPS to find the place
Skill Usage
Infiltration - To reach restaurant and stay hidden during recon. [roll0] - 1 Success
Perception - Using Goggles for Vision Enhancement. [roll1] - 2 Successes
Special Ops Doctrine - Use material found in my recon to develop a stealthy and secure way into the building. [roll2] - 3 Successes

The_Watcher
2011-08-11, 10:55 PM
Alfred

As you pass towards the restaurant no one takes heed of Alfred. He blends into the crowd almost perfectly and then you notice him standing across the street. He looks nearly identical to you in a slightly creepy and uncanny way. He seems to be chatting on his comm-link and in his hand is a reservation stick. And it seems he’s arriving to a reservation here at Verdonis Vecordi. He snaps the comm-link off and turns towards the restaurant.

Besides that you see nothing strange about the security. It is rather high tech actually partly company grade probably in your research on the place it did seem that this restaurant was backed by both Ares and Renraku in the security departments. At times you see staff step out onto a balcony above the alley beside it to smoke and chat. Though every time they go back in they do put their hand against a palm sensor.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 10:59 PM
Scarlet and Miranda
"Care to accompany me to the restaurant?", Miranda asks. "I doubt it will be an easy task to scout out but we should at least have a look at the place."

Cuaqchi
2011-08-11, 11:21 PM
Alfred

"This is not a simple meeting," Alfred thinks looking at the security in place. "No clean way to eliminate all of them so a second entrance is needed."

Slipping to the back of the alley Alfred started to climb the smaller building to his side hoping to make it into an abandoned room or the roof without being noticed so that he could continue to safely watch the security room.

OOC: Skills Used
Athletics(Climbing) - Assisted by Gecko Gloves. 3 Rolls for 3 Complex Actions incase someone spots me. It should also ensure I get as high up as needed Preferrably 2nd or 3rd Story [roll0] - 2, [roll1] - 4, [roll2] - 5
Perception - Continue to watch the guard post, and look to see if the restaurant has a roof access. [roll3] - 4

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-11, 11:27 PM
Cipher

"Damn, what a place." grumbled Cipher, clutching her arms around herself in an effort to counteract the winds that were nibbling away at her body heat. Perhaps it had been a bad idea to wear the jacket with only the one short sleeve, but freerunning usually kept her warm for longer, granted she wasn't doing much running right now, and that might have been the problem.

"Aoi, what've you got for me? Those schematics would come in mighty handy right about now." said she as her patience with the cold began wearing thin, she was about 2 minutes away from slapping on her gecko-gloves and doing a round around the building, just to get some feeling back into her fingers. Meanwhile, with but a mental command, her eyes switched to thermographic and began zooming in on the overpriced restaurant, while making an entrance might still be out of the question, getting to know the place could never hurt. Sides making an entrance meant finding somewhere to enter, and unless she wanted them to sic security on her pretty little behind, she'd have to go in somewhere other than the front door.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 12:23 AM
Miranda
"Meet me at the corner of Upper Main Street and Pelfour Drive." Miranda jumps onto her scouter and rides to the restaurant. Parking in a nearby alley she pulls into a driveway making sure no passengers are around.
She casts Improved Invisibility into her sustaining focus Force 3 and Levitate into focus Force 2.
Improved Invisibility (F3)
[roll0] 3 hits, OK.
[roll1] vs 2. 4 hits, no drain.
Levitate (F2)
[roll2] (+2 dice for manipulation) 6 hits. OK.
[roll3] vs 2. 5 hits, no drain.
In case this all went well she looks for a comfortable position on a nearby rooftop and scouts out the surroundings astrally.
[roll4] 3 hits.
OoC: What sort of magical protections are there in place? Also: does she see any guardian spirits?
Sorry, see rerolls in the OoC. Calculated hits based on those rolls see above.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-12, 12:33 AM
Eddie and Roland

""All right Roland, what have you got for me? And don't take too long this time, this one is big." After an audible humph of indignation from his Fixer, the information was fed to him. "Oh, and you mind seeing about anybody who might be tempted to let someone else use their reservation. Long shot, but go ahead." Shortly afterward Eddie was at the address. No serious recon, but he was looking for more mudane ways in. Possibly ways he could charm his way in.

After cutting the call with Roland, Eddie made a quick call to Victor. Victor promised he would see if he could bring up any names Eddie might use as a way in.

Perception roll, looking for ways in from the ground level and any ways he can talk his way in.

[roll0]

Yogismith
2011-08-12, 07:20 AM
Scarlet and Miranda

After getting the notification that the SIN she had people watching received a hit Scarlet had been gathering her gear and placing it in her duffel bag for the evenings transgressions. Moments later a call was coming across her comm. From the sound of it Miranda had also heard about it "Sure thing Miranda. I'm getting some gear together right now. I have an idea where that place is but send me the address and I'll meet you near by."

After putting on some of her nicer clothing and her gear was stashed in her duffel he was ready to go as the address from Miranda showed up on her PAN. Finally after so long maybe I can have some revenge on Ares. She thought as she passed a mirror. Taking a moment to pause and look herself over she decided she was satisfied. While her clothes weren't extreme high fashion they were currently trendy and should do for the night club. Her straight red hair hung past her shoulders as she tucked a few loose strands behind he right ear exposing the tell tail ear that told others what she was. Nodding to herself as she adjusted the vest she wore for protection she looked fine and grabbed the duffel and made her way to her vehicle.

She accessed her PAN and made a quick call back to Miranda. "I'm on my way. I shouldn't be long. If you get there before me see if we can find a way in. Hopefully it'll be a way I can get some hardware inside." With her gear in the front seat she brought up the address and set out.

Squeejee
2011-08-12, 05:35 PM
Jules Forms

On his way to his bike, grabbing his armored jacket and ammo as he rushed past a few mooks towards the door, Jules pulls up the GPS function on his comm. He doesn't search for Verdonis Vecordi directly, however - just in case somebody's watching, he searches for "fancy restaurants" and sets a waypoint to the one closest to - but not actually affiliated with - his target.

The plan? Drive to the dummy target, and park his bike out of the way - then go dark, turning off his comm. and walk the rest of the distance. Hopefully not more than a couple blocks - if it hits the fan in there, he doesn't want to be more than a sprint away from his extra ammo and bigger gun.

Once there, he cases the joint for security - specifically, real security. Guards, cameras, mirrors, whatever a real person could use to spot him in real time.

He also brings with him 1,000 nuyen in physical form, in case he needs to pay off somebody.

Perception (defaulting, spot security measures): [roll0]
Corp. Security Tactics (guess security measures in place): [roll1]

The_Watcher
2011-08-12, 11:17 PM
Alfred

You begin to climb the building next to it, on the side without the balcony for the staff to smoke and chat on. As you climb up you notice various security camera’s around as well as some symbols engraved around the base of the third story. You pull yourself into a window on the third story of your smaller building, you don’t think anyone noticed you as you climbed up. Turning around to look at the club/restaurant you notice a large vent coming out of the roof of the building; though that is three stories farther up on that building and the building you are in only goes up one more story.

Cipher

“Sif be patient for god sakes. You only asked me for these layouts like four hours ago,” Aoi says with a slight hint of resentment in her voice. Shuffelling papers and the sound of electricity fill your comm-link before Aoi returns, “I’m sending the file over to you but I can’t get hold of the underground layout.”

The layout is bizarre, the building is a square, yet the inside of the building is circular. As the reservation showed it was for a table on the third floor, the basement and the first floor are the club, the second and up to fifth seem to be restaurant. The sixth floor is management though, or a pent house you can’t exactly tell from the schematics. Another thing you note is that these schematics note that all of the floors are made from missile-proof crystal-lattice glass, expensive and nearly indestructible. Stranger upon further examination that nearly the whole building except for the pillars of actual diamond on the third floor and the outer walls are all made of the same missile-proof crystal-lattice glass.

Buried in the schematics Aoi included a little tidbit of information: the top of the building has a ventilation shaft.

Miranda

The whole building hums with astral energy; the building seems to be have been built perfectly to resonate mana. Though the fact that the building is a square and not a circle does confuse you, if it was a circle the mana would resonate like it does around the building, a square on the other hand doesn’t hold mana in the same way, a pyramid or a triangle though directs the mana to a single point, so how a square could be resonating the mana so perfectly does confuse you. It almost confuses you so much that you don’t notice a guardian earth spirit float around the far side of the building, and then you notice him: a man climbing up a small building in the alley directly next to the restaurant/club. He skirts into a third story window, disappearing.

Eddie

“Edd- Uhh – Gabriel. We are speaking over a rather secure link but it is always good to keep up the charade isn’t it? Now Gab do you remember Mr. James Culder that you helped last month with his uh... nieces uh... problem. Mr Culder has bumped his reservation from three to five people, don’t ask me how he did that, it is at 6:30 precisely. Slight problem, that means you need a date. You should be able to get in using the name Gabriel Kavinofv, put on a slightly Russian accent please; Erin created a plausible trail of life leading you back to northern Russia, a rather sheltered life under a warlord of a father. Mr. Culder is having you in as a business contact; he wishes to do business with your father. Erin has put your father’s name down as Kemlin Kavinofv, please don’t screw up,” Roland informs you as he says the last few words he puts his best Russian accent on which might pass for Russian if you forgot the fact that you actually have ears.
With that in mind you check your watch, the reservation will be in 20 minutes. The SIN’s reservation is for 6:45, a close call.

Looking at the single entrance, a door you see a rather slim and beautiful hostess, greeting everyone as they enter.

Jules Forms

The plan goes perfect, almost too perfect. You notice that there is only one entrance, and there are no windows at all on any of the floors, the entire complex is a massive slab of stone, that doesn’t mean it isn’t beautiful though. At the front of the complex the double doors hand open two bouncers that look like they could pack a mean punch lean against the doors and in the center slightly back is a podium with a young and rather attractive woman, an elf you think, the roof above her seems to be a mirror and behind her further inside stand a few more guards.

Everyone
Current Game Time: 6:21
SIN's Reservation: 6:45

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-13, 12:36 AM
Cipher

"Yeah, that's about an hour of waiting too much." retorts Cipher almost cheerfully "by the way, did I mention I was on a rooftop?" then, the schematics display themselves in the upper left corner of her field of vision, causing a smug smile to appear on Cipher's lips,
"See, you can do it, as long as you put your mind to it." she wasn't entirely sure why she enjoyed teasing Aoi so, but it had always been the case. Before she could continue her play, the her part of her brain in charge of attention to detail finally got a hold of that part of Cipher's mind that actually makes the rational decisions, and replayed exactly what had been imparted on her, this time with a bit more volume, "waitwaitwaitwait, wait. Underground? You're telling me they've got something below as well, and you can't find what it is?" she paused, unknown variables always posed a serious issue in these kind of gigs, but then again this whole thing was one big question mark, something about all it was eerie, almost downright creepy, not much to do about it tough, "Why am I suddenly struck by the idea that this is an over-elaborate death trap, can you tell me that Aoi?" says she, reaching for the zip bag just behind her, exploring her little pack for something, after a few seconds of rummaging she produced a pair of gecko gloves, kneepads and soles, once she had those attached to her person, she also retracted a grappling gun, then she checked the time.

"We've got 24 minutes give or take. Keep digging, I want those schematics. Is now the good time for a bad pun? I mean, it would be kinda fitting if I said 'In the meantime, I've got a reservation to make' or something like that, no? Anways, you're awesome Aoi, if I die in this elaborate death trap, you can have my stuff." and with that she set off towards Verdonis Veccordi.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-13, 12:42 AM
Alfred

Taking a moment to review the room Alfred searches for anything that might act as tool, since he would have to find some way of breaching the ventilation shaft if that led him into the building.

Perception - Looking for something to use as a prybar, and either chalk/hairspray/spraypaint/etc. Adding Edge Before Roll [roll0] - 3
Rule of 6 from Edge - Avoids having to roll extras in the OOC thread. Only first die used. [roll1] - 0

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 01:12 AM
Cipher

“Sif you don’t understand. The layout states something is bellow but then the city and every single other database says that this building is only six floors no basement. But there is a basement and stuff beneath that even. Like really it doesn’t exist anywhere! I’d need to hack into their files and that would ruin your chance of ever getting in. They’d tell Layne and we’d loose her,” Aoi seems really disconcerted by finding this and her voice is tense.

Alfred

Looking around the room there are multiple loose planks and at the far side of the room is a rusted metal bed frame, a moth eaten spring coiled mattress lies on the bed, now you haven’t seen one of those for a very long time. Aside from that nothing stands out in the room, except that the room hasn’t seen use for a very long time.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-13, 01:32 AM
Cipher

"Aaaoooiii." interrupts Cipher, dragging out every vowel a little more than necessary in an effort to prevent her friend from going on one of her rants, "seriously? You know, you're not doing anything to assuage my elaborate death trap theory here, next thing you're gonna tell me that the owner has been shipping in large quantities of acid and invested heavily in genetically modified sharks." she pauses on a rooftop, Aoi really did worry too much, but then, that was one of the reasons why she was never in the field, that that was one of the more minor reasons she wasn't in the field was another matter altogether, "I don't know if I've told you this Aoi, but I have an aversion to sharks, I also have an aversion to acid. If you combine the two and get acid swimming shark, I'm seriously boned, no two ways about it.".

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 01:36 AM
Cipher

“Uhhh. I think there might be something worse. How about glass swimming shark spirits with an acidic bite?” Aoi proposes a bit jokingly. She is trying to sound upbeat but you can tell it is still worrying her.

There is a pause of sound and then a very loud crash.

-The comm-link goes silent-

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-13, 01:53 AM
Cipher

"You're not helping," replies Cipher, smiling a little to herself, then continues "I'd still like you to do a little sniffing around if you...." as she hears the crash, Cipher stops abruptly,"Aoi? Come one, talk to me, Aoi?" Nothing. This was not the position she wanted to be in, mostly because she didn't want to worry, Aoi was far too skittish to pull that kind of a stunt during a run. Besides, she still remembered the last time she pulled that trick during a job, it'd been almost half a year before she stopped flinching whenever she saw Cipher with her gun. "I swear to Yahweh Aoi, you'd better have short circuited your commlink again..." she trailed off, muttering a few curses before setting into motion again, she had a job to do, everything else would have to come second.

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 01:58 AM
Cipher

More static. The static begins to get louder almost until you need to turn your commlink off and then Aoi returns almost mid sentence, “-at the base-“ the static returns and then fades “- so you’re good to go. Nothing unusual about it now that I got it up. I’ll send you the file.”

An unnamed file appears in the top of your commlink as you attempt to open it the file doesn’t open it appears to have been corrupted during the transfer.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 02:28 AM
Scarlet and Miranda
Spotting Scarlet's familiar face in the crowd Miranda slowly lands behind her on the ground. "Hi Scarlet", she whispers. "Don't turn around, I'm right behind you. There's a real mana-safe built around this place. They also have spirits on surveillance as you would expect with an illustrious place like this. So how do we plan to get in? I'm sure I can't go in astrally without banishing the spirits and disrupting the mana-barriers but that would raise too much suspicion. We better find a mundane way first. Once we're inside I can check for astral tracks."

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-13, 03:52 AM
Cipher

"Great, so it's just a signal scrambler," sighs Cipher, whilst it did her previous worries, it also brought to light new ones, what the heck did they need a signal scrambler for? "Nefarious death trap indeed," she should probably have asked what kind of security that was around the place before she'd start rummaging around, but it was too late for that she didn't have enough time to find out where the scrambler began or ended, she would have to forge on ahead.

Squeejee
2011-08-13, 10:45 AM
Jules

No service entrance? So much for plan A.

Jules is reminded of a job he pulled where a friend hacked their names into the relevant guest book - but that guy was long since dead. Where's the clock at?

Twenty minutes... The info that led me here was primo, which means I'm not alone, which means somebody's about to get desperate.

No need to make a scene if somebody else might do it first, right? With a smile, Jules checks his Katana at the door (assuming it's required, to distract from his hidden gun), and informs the hostess that he's arrived ahead of his party. If it works, he waits inside and watches for somebody else to make their move, or for the clock to run down to the target's arrival, which is when Plan C begins.

Etiquette (to keep from being questioned too closely) - [roll0] - 4 hits.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-13, 11:17 AM
Eddie
I don't have much time to get a date. Let's see, it can't hurt to try the hostess before I start picking up random women. I might get lucky...and I'm pretty sure I just guaranteed failure. Oh well. He would wait behind the gentleman speaking to the hostess before attempting to strike up a conversation.

But while he was waiting he contacted both Roland and Victor again. "Either one of you able to get a classically pretty woman to this place in ten minutes or less? I'll owe you one."

Cuaqchi
2011-08-13, 12:10 PM
Alfred

"Nothing were grabbing in here," Alfred thinks to himself looking out the window at the ventilation system. "I'll just have to think of something when I get up there.

He then slipped back out the window and continued his climb to the roof of his present building, working out the distance between it and the restaurant in case he had to jump across.

Athletics - Finish the climb [roll0] - 3
Intuition & Logic - Trying to judge the distance for a jump and how much distance I should need for a running start. These seemed to fit the best unless you have a better idea. [roll1] - 4

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 01:29 PM
Miranda

Looking around you notice the same man that had been climbing the building next to it crawl out of his building and continue to crawl up the building to the roof. Nothing inconspicuous about that... is there?

Cipher

As you think about the scrambler you don’t have time to go look for it, though since every time Aoi seemed to talk about key things it did scramble the signal; perhaps keywords set it off? Looking around you notice a rather attractive man standing off to the side, standing near the hostess. Perhaps he might be a way in? His arm does look so ever lonely.

Jules Forms

“Could I have a name and reservation please?” the Hostess asks.
Eddie

The man in front of Eddie informs the Hostess he’s arriving ahead of his party and asks to wait just inside. The hostess looks incredulously at the man before asking, “Could I have a name and reservation please?”

As this happens you notice a rather beautiful woman with flaming red hair. While her clothes aren't extreme high fashion they are currently trendy and should do for a date. Her straight red hair hangs past her shoulders as she tucks a few loose strands behind her right ear exposing the tell tale ears that tell others what she is, an elf.

Alfred

You finish the climb with near perfect ease and as you pull yourself over the railing of the building you come face to face with a fallen flagpole. Apparently this building must have once held some sort of political group that has since disappeared allowing the building to fall into disrepair. Wrapped around the flagpole is a long rope with a metal clamp holding it to the top of the flagpole and the bottom.

OOC:

I know this would be better for the OOC thread. But I’m really going places with some of these simply because they don’t end with giving me a direction to go with you. So did I miss anyone?

Game Time: 6:27

Squeejee
2011-08-13, 04:20 PM
Jules

"Probably John Dorian. No? There's, like, six guys, and I'm not sure who..."

Jules attempts to nonchalantly look at the guest list - and then feed her one of the names on it.

Not sure what skill that falls under, here's an agility roll: [roll0] - two hits if that's it, and one hit if it's a skill and I'm defaulting.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 04:22 PM
Miranda and Scarlet
"There must be shadowrunners all over the place" Miranda whispers on. "Just wait a minute I think I saw something interesting there. I will check out that guy on the roof." She floats up slowly to the unknown man ducking on the roof.
"Well hello there", she says. "Nice view, isn't it?"

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 04:42 PM
Alfred & Miranda

Alfred is still looking around the roof when he hears from behind him a voice say, "Well hello there. Nice view, isn't it?"

Jules

"Uh umm. I don't see your name on the guestlist," the hostess says to you.

But you notice near the bottom of the list the name Turbo without a check next to it.

Eddie

The man infront of you replies, "Probably John Dorian. No? There's, like, six guys, and I'm not sure who..." but the Hostess looks at the man and says ""Uh umm. I don't see your name on the guestlist."

Overlord Rion
2011-08-13, 05:25 PM
Eddie
Eddie's eyes locked on to the redhead for almost a full second. What were the odds? Oh well, I'd probably have a better chance enticing her with free food than I would trying to get a hostess to stop working for a while. In the meantime, it was about time he put on some charm. And not to forget the accent. As he approached the woman he put on his best face.

"Excuse me miss, but I vas vondering if you could do a great service for me."

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 05:37 PM
Scarlet

Please read Eddies post directly above this one. And title your next post as Scarlet & Eddie as you are the Redhead he is talking to now.

Eddie

OOC: You're talking to Scarlet by the way. :smallbiggrin:

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 06:42 PM
Miranda
While waiting for the stanger to reply Miranda conjures up an air spirit (F5) to aid her.
[roll0] (+2 for air spirits) hits: 5
OoC: I don't know how you usually go about this in PbP, Watcher, but I guess it's easier if I roll the spirit's hits so that I know whether it apperared at all. In that case I can also roll for drain immediately.
[roll1] hits: 2
EDIT: spirit owes 3 services.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 06:45 PM
Miranda
[roll0] vs 4. EDIT: no drain.

Yogismith
2011-08-13, 08:16 PM
Eddie and Scarlet

"Ok Miranda just comm me if you have any trouble." She said softly for her friend to hear. She decided to look around a bit in an attempt to get a feel for the place. It was definitely a high class joint judging by the people walking in and out. All of a sudden despite wearing some nice clothes she felt under dressed.

Looking around she saw a man approaching her. She wasn't sure if she had been spotted so she decided to let it play out. When he propositioned her she smiled and put on the working smile she used and let a finger roll a strand of hair. "A proposition you say. Just what did you have in mind on and evening like this?" A thought ran through her mind that maybe she could use him to get in the door.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-13, 08:34 PM
Alfred

Spinning to face whatever had snuck up behind him Alfred buried his right hand in the satchel at his side, concealing the model of weapon in the bag even if the fact that a weapon was available was completely obvious."Yes, it is." Alfred says, sizing up the woman and the spirit beside her. "It would seem that I those glyphs did mean something if a mage is the first person to see me here."

The_Watcher
2011-08-13, 09:16 PM
Miranda

Alfred is speaking to you.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 10:52 PM
Alfred and Miranda
OoC: Cuaqchi, can Alfred see astral things? If not, he sees neither the spirit nor Miranda; but he can spot Miranda's physical form if he makes a successful Willpower (+ Counterspelling) test vs 3.
"What glyphs are you talking about?" Miranda asks quickly. "The whole place is littered with magical bodyguards by the way." Her perception shifts in the astral. She seizes up the man next to her.
[roll0] 3 hits

Cuaqchi
2011-08-13, 11:59 PM
Alfred and Miranda

"Markings all along the wall on the third story," Alfred says, trying to pinpoint the voice. "But you know that, and are just trying to draw me into trap."

OOC: Nope can't percieve astrally; however, the bodyless voice does point to magic so beyond sizing you up the rest holds true from the earlier post.

Squeejee
2011-08-14, 12:45 AM
Jules

"What about Turbo? I think he was organizing this whole thing."

Jules maintains a steady look, trying not to betray his unease.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 01:16 AM
Jules

"Oh? You're here for Mrs. Janice's reservation. Go right on in, please leave any of your weapons here though. Including the gun you have hidden on you. Then proceed up to the third story, I think her table is directly in the middle of the room, there is no way to miss it," The Hostess smiles at you flashing her pearly white teeth.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 02:03 AM
Alfred and Miranda
"Hm, you mean the astral barrier around the restaurant? It's quite strong actually. And they have earth elementals as guardians which is unusual as well. Earth elementals are muscles not scouts. Whatever the case it's tough to get in unnoticed from the astral. Have you seen something like a back door?"
OoC: I have not the slightest idea why Miranda would grab a complete stranger for the hunt instead of staying with Scarlet, but whatever... I guess she's in need of company. How tall is the restaurant building? Are there any storeys above the establishment? If not were there any astral barriers on the roof as well? And what did my assensing test in the previous post tell me about Alfred?

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 06:32 AM
Cipher

Casting a single glance at the guy, Cipher continues along her path on the rooftops, no way in hell was she going to degrade herself to being some random guys floozy just so she could get inside, she was a harmer, not a charmer. Besides, there was still the ventilation shaft and she was gonna give that a damn good go.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-14, 10:10 AM
Alfred and Miranda

"No backdoor, but there is a ventilation duct on the roof another two stories up that might get someone inside." Alfred says, walking to the far side of the roof. "However, before I try and try to get up there and check it out I would like to see who I'm supposed to working with. I have a bad history with the arcane, and a disimbodied voice is not what I would consider an ally."

Ooc: Can't give too many specifics not having your stats but I can say this: You detect no Cyberware, my Magic is lower than yours (0), and my Essence is likely lower than yours.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 11:09 AM
Alfred and Miranda
"A ventilation system? Well that's a start", Miranda exclaims. "If you allow me, I can help you get to the roof faster. I'd actually be interested to hear why you dislike magic. But I don't want to drop my invisibility yet. So I guess you just have to take your chances."
If Alfred allows her Miranda will cast Levitation (F2).
14d6 3 hits, OK.
10d6 1 drain.
"I will sustain the spell until we get to the roof", she tells Alfred if she can cast the spell.
OoC: Thank you :smallsmile:
Sorry. Seems like google chrome messes up the rolls as well. Will redo in the OoC thread.
Edited in the results based on those rolls.

Squeejee
2011-08-14, 11:13 AM
Jules

"Well, of course!"

Jules makes sure to get a ticket from the weapon check guy, and makes his way upstairs. Of course, he doesn't go straight to the third floor - as soon as he's out of sight of the bouncers, he takes a detour to the bathroom to wait out the remaining time until Knight's reservation.

When that time arrives, if nothing else has happened in the meantime, he looks around for a table being made up - this place is always full to capacity, so it shouldn't be hard to find the only empty table in the place - and mingles until she shows up.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-14, 11:37 AM
Eddie and Scarlet
"Ah, I thank you for listening, madam. You see, I have a business negotiation with an associate of my father inside. Only later did he tell me reservation vas for five people, not four. I am in sore need of a date, and it does not get better than someone like you, yes?" Okay, maybe a wee bit thick there Eddie, but so far you seem to be pulling it off. Just keep it up. So, vhat do you say?"

Yogismith
2011-08-14, 12:15 PM
Eddie and Scarlet

The fantastic smile did not leave her face though she did resist the slight urge to roll her eyes at the man's attempt at flattery. She looked from him to the entrance where the hostess was either allowing or denying access based on reservations. Sure this can work. Besides what other choice do I have? She thought as she looked back to the man as she looked up through her eyelashes as she blinked, playing the part.

"Well then it seems that luck has changed for both of us. My date for the evening has stood me up as he was supposed to be here at six." She said as her smile left to be replaced with a slight pout. The change in expression only lasted for a few seconds till it was replaced with the smile that was previously there.

She stepped closer to the man and slid her right arm through his left as she gave him a wink. "So it appears that his loss is your gain this evening."

She began to lead him the the line. "Seeing that we are to be each others date the evening it would only be proper to know each others names." She paused for a couple seconds. "My friends call me Samantha." She gave him an alias.

OOC:
Perception check to look at the entrance. To look at security and if any are checking weapons. As she may have to check her two pistols.

Also she is carrying her Hamerlli in an ankle holster and her predator IV at the small of her back. Both are concealable holsters. Just as an FYI for the GM.

[roll0]

Overlord Rion
2011-08-14, 12:57 PM
Eddie and Scarlet
Ah yes, vonderful. I am Gabriel. Gabriel Kavinofv." Plastered stupid richboy grin? Check. Immaculate clothing? Check. "Charming" personality? Check. With no further fanfare, Eddie led "Samantha" to the hostess. "Has the rest of the party for Mr. Culder arrived yet?" I do hope this whole operation doesn't go pear-shaped. That would be bad. And if I died I would come back and haunt Roland forever.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 02:26 PM
Alfred & Miranda

The building continues for two stories above the one you are both currently, and for the first time Miranda notices the runes, looking at them with her normal perceptions Miranda can barely make them out, How could he have seen them? but once you switched back to your Astral Perception they blazed with mana. It seems you’re just in Luck, these are the binding runes for the spirits.

You see that the mana barrier hugs the building up to the roof though the ventilation shaft sticks right out above it.

Then out of nowhere, a small girl running from another building and flipping up the side of the Restaurant. The side of the building rumbles as a fist of earth explodes from the side, except it doesn’t hit the girl she uses it to flip off of onto the roof. Within seconds she disappears down the ventilation shaft.

Miranda

Taking a glance over your shoulder you notice Scarlet talking to a rather well dressed young man. She slips her arm into his and they walk through the front door free of hassle.

Cipher

The world goes black for nearly a second and then suddenly your standing in the middle of a room. A rather disorienting feeling permeates your very being as if your brain had been turned off and then directed to do something. Looking around you, you see four men disarmed and unconscious. How did you get here? Where the Hell are you?
Actually you know where you are the room looks familiar, floor six, inside the restaurant.

Jules

As you drift in you are surprised to see that every table is full. Continuing upwards you then arrive at the third floor, supposedly the destination of your own reservation and you look around in dismay. There is one giant circular table in the center of the room and two smaller tables near the sides. Currently the staff are beginning to lay plates down and flowers on the big table; the smaller ones are already made up. The money it would have taken to set the central table reservation... Oh god nowhere to hide if this is that reservation. Except you got told to go to the third floor for the reservation you signed in under, did you accidentally sign in under the reservation that the Knight SIN Set up or were you one of the smaller tables?
As you look around you notice three well dressed people surmount the stairs, well to say well dressed means that they were in high fashion and this was the highest fashion of them all. An older man and two younger ladies, they sit down at the far left table. Not two minutes behind them two other people walk up the stairs, a rather trendily dressed red headed elf and a younger man.
As they come up the stairs a loud “Gabriel!” comes from the man sitting at the far left table and they go over to sit down by them.
They walk over to the same table on the left and sit down, all full. I guess you really are the middle reservation or the far right.

Eddie & Scarlet

The two of you walk towards the door, Gabriel dropping his name and the two of you being ushered inside, for Scarlet this is the jackpot, she’s inside. Gabriel on the other hand... Well let’s just say he’s having some second thoughts about all this. You check your weapons and just as you think you can get past the rest with that one you of course have hidden they ask you to check it as well. And damn those bouncers and security guards are big, what do the people here have them eating?

The Hostess told you to go right up to the third floor, Mr. Culder has already arrived, the table on the far left. As you walk up the stairs you notice a man standing near the top of them looking back and forth between the table, almost as if he’s confused about which table he is at. But before you can say anything a loud and boisterous, “Gabriel!” comes from the far left table in a slightly Italian accent.
“How is your father?”

Mr. Culder is a rather old and rather wealthy Italian man who deals specifically in the artefacts category of the world. He’s reputed to be a shark that has no qualms crushing the minnows.

OOC:
Game Time: 6:36
SIN Reservation: Third Floor.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 03:05 PM
Alfred and Miranda
will fly up and through the shaft as well (along with the air spirit), unless they notice a (mundane or astral) guard or a barrier on the way.
"Binding runes for spirits", Miranda murmures. " As if we wanted to alert the mages of our presence..."

Yogismith
2011-08-14, 03:34 PM
Eddie, Scarlet & Miranda

As the hostess let them pass Scarlet composed a message for Miranda. "I'm in. Looks like I'll have to check my weapons though. Yep they are asking for them now. Sorry we got split up. See you on the inside." When it was finished she sent it on its way

When asked for the weapon she let a slight shade of red come to her cheeks as she looked at Gabriel as she shrugged her shoulders slightly. "A girl alone in the city can't be too careful can she?" She handed the large bore Predator IV over but make it look she was new to the weapon. As she took another step she was called out on the other one as the bouncer pointed to her ankle. With another shrug of her shoulders she also handed the smaller Hammerlli 620 over. She smiled at the bouncer as they were finally cleared to pass.

Given directions to go to the third floor Scarlet made sure to act the part of a date and let Gabriel led them up. To say that the third floor was being laid out with no expense to spare would have been an understatement. "I do hope the food here is as good as I've heard.". She said softly as she spied another man on the floor who looked as if he wasn't sure where to go. Before anything could be said she heard her "dates" name being bellowed. Scarlet figured that this was Mr. Culder the man that Gabriel mentioned when checking in. She made sure to act her part as they made their way over to the table.

OOC:
Ettitque roll for acting appropriate with first impression trait
[roll0] 3 hits

Edited some bad grammar

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 03:42 PM
Jules, Eddie & Scarlet

Mr. Culder, the boisterous Italian looks at Scarlet. "Oh Gabriel what a pretty little dame you have attached to your arm. Where did you find her?" he asks with envy.

The two other women roll their eyes, as if Scarlet could be better than them?

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 07:10 PM
Cipher

"I freaking knew it... elaborate death trap!" exclaims Cipher, though keeping her voice to a whisper in case that anyone were listening. Time to get to work then, but first, Cipher did a quick check of her inventory, was anything missing, her backpack, her gun?

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 07:16 PM
Cipher

Looking through her stuff Cipher didn't notice anything missing, and after a quick survey of the room she takes a step towards the stairs. Pain shoots up her leg as she notices she has a sprained ankle.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 07:31 PM
Cipher

As pain shoots up through her leg, Cipher utters good long string of curses, "I guess that means I'm gonna cartwheel around the place" mutters she as the pain finally subsides, taking a tentative step towards the door and wincing as her foot complains again, it had to be done and she was going to get it done. When she reached the door, she put her hand on the frame and lifted up her leg, at the very least she could jump on one leg for now.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 07:36 PM
Cipher

The door frame opens into a rather beautiful spiral staircase. The floor directly below you is covered in dancers and bellow that there is the third floor, your destination. The Third floor or what you can see of it seems to only have 3 tables. One table has five people sitting at it chatting while the central table is massive and circular. Another small table sits off to the side.

And if it couldn't get any worse with the dancers, there's a guy walking towards you with the silliest grin you've ever seen on a face.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 07:48 PM
Cipher

Cipher shoots the man an angry gaze, before yelling "Yes, I dress so retro it's practically coming back in fashion, now would you please tell me what the hell is going on? You seriously take the elaborate part of elaborate death trap far too freaking seriously!" as a precaution, Cipher was ready to think the order to release her weapon into her hand, the longer sleeve wasn't just fashionable accessory, it was in part to hide the device strapped to her arm that hid her weapon, and allowed for a fast disposal into her hand if need be.

OOC – are there any dice I can roll to recognise anyone in this room?

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 08:08 PM
Cipher

"Hey lady. Don't get hasty. I just wanted to ask such a pretty little one like you to dance. Now you wouldn't turn me down would you?" the guy asks with a mockingly sincere tone. He offers you his hand.

OOC: You would only recognize a few people from the streets that don't matter to much.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 08:28 PM
Cipher

Letting out a scowl, Cipher is about a few seconds from blowing his brains out, "I can, and I will... I hurt my ankle, so I'd rather not be moving about to much," she lets up on the angry tone with the last bit, but it's regained as she points an accusing finger at him "and if you call me 'pretty little one' one more time, I'll make you wear your ass as a head ornament." she pauses, sighs and runs a hand through her hair ”Now, if you wanna earn some browny points, I'd suggest you find me a chair, I'm no flamingo so I'd rather not stand here until I get the overwhelming desire to eat copious quantities of shrimp...."

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 08:42 PM
Cipher

"Oh. You're ankels hurt?" he says sincerely as he helps you down the stairs and over to a chair. "Can I look at it? I'm a doctor."

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 08:57 PM
Cipher

What a sleaze-bag thought Cipher to herself, before letting out an exasperated sigh and sitting down on the stairs nonetheless, "you may," her voice is icy though, she really didn't like this guy so if he started letting his hands wander, he was going to get hurt. "it's not like I'll be able to go anywhere in a hurry anyway."

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 09:49 PM
Cipher

The man tenderly touches your ankel before standing up and saying, "I'm sorry where did my manners go? I should introduce myself. My name's Eric," he offers you his hand. "I'm currently training at the Ares Facility in town but I got away for some time. Just looking at your ankel it might be more then sprained. You sure must have done some freaky acrobatics or fighting to get it this messed up?"

He flashes you a smile.

Everyone Inside the Restaurant

She slowly walks up the staircase to the third story, a medium hieght woman with platinum blond hair and skin as white as porcelain. Her eyes are a deep violet and in her hand she carries a briefcase that is in contrast with the rest of her clothing. She currently is wearing a long pale blue dress with two golden clasps on the shoulders. Her briefcase looks to be made of plated steel and she elegantly crosses to the central massive round table. Sitting at the far side she lays the brief case and draws out an ancient pocket watch. On the pocket watch is the ARES crest.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 10:19 PM
Cipher

Almost reflexively, Cipher brings her left arm up to block, intercepting his upper arm with hers in an attempt to prevent the syringe from reaching her neck, at the same time, she sends the mental command to her rig, a few seconds later, the Manhunter is in her right hands, there's not even a need to squeeze the trigger, the weapon simply fires, the silencers reducing the two shots to simple hisses.

Unarmed, Spending Edge before rolling: [roll0] - 3 Successes
Rule of Six Dice, just in case: [roll1]
Semi-Automatic Burst
Attack: Point Blank +2, Attacker in Melee -3, [roll2] - 3 Successes
Additional -1 for recoil [roll3] - 1 Success
Manhunter: 14 shots left in clip.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 10:28 PM
Cipher

"Let me guess. Someone gave you a call saying that there was a hit on a SIN that hasn't been active for a few years, that belongs to someone very powerful. Just between me and you," he leans in to whisper, "I'm not a real doctor."

The world almost goes into a blur as you see him swing a syringe towards your neck.

Yogismith
2011-08-14, 10:38 PM
Eddie and Scarlet

Scarlet smiled as she laid a hand on Gabriel's arm as she looked at Mr. Culder and his lady friends. "Good evening Mr. Culder." She said with a winning smile like one had when meeting one of significant status as if in awe. Her eyes quickly darted to the two women who seemed unhappy at the greeting he had given her. She absently patted his arm "We met a while back. You could say we bumped into each other. He wasn't looking where he was going. Afterwards He was such a gentleman I couldn't resist his charms." She removed her hand from Gabriel's arm only to tuck some of her red hair behind a pointed ear.

She looked over to Gabriel and caught sight of the target cresting the stairs. Immaculately dressed she painted the picture of what wealth really was. Her own green eyes followed the woman as she headed towards the center table. "Wow look at her. Her dress is beautiful. I wonder who she is?" She said with the school girl awe keeping in character.

In her PAN she quickly composed another message for Miranda that contained only three words. The show's starting. With the message ready it was sent off.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 10:43 PM
Miranda

A message from Scarlet arrives saying, "The show's starting."

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-14, 10:48 PM
Cipher

Almost reflexively, Cipher brings her left arm up to block, intercepting his upper arm with hers in an attempt to prevent the syringe from reaching her neck, at the same time, she sends the mental command to her rig, a few seconds later, the Manhunter is in her right hands, there's not even a need to squeeze the trigger, the weapon simply fires, the silencers reducing the two shots to simple hisses.

Unarmed, Spending Edge before rolling: [roll0] - 3 Successes
Rule of Six Dice, just in case: [roll1]
Semi-Automatic Burst
Attack: Point Blank +2, Attacker in Melee -3, [roll2] - 3 Successes
Additional -1 for recoil [roll3] - 1 Success
Manhunter: 14 shots left in clip.

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 10:55 PM
Cipher

Eric slumps back falling to the ground. Around you the people begin to vanish, disappearing into static. Everything becomes clearer as you look around once more, the fourth floor is entirely empty, the music is gone, the people, everyone except Eric. One could wonder if this room was hooked directly into the Matrix.

You stand up, your ankle no longer hurting one bit, was that in your head?

Deep in the back ground you can almost hear the sound of metal rubbing together in a hiss. As you focus on it it simply disappears.

Everyone inside the Building

The woman looks around her eyes prowling the ceiling, floor and the other table. As she looks at the Mr. Culder's table her mouth almost twitches up into a smile before she looks away unamused.

Game Time: 6:40

Overlord Rion
2011-08-14, 11:43 PM
Eddie and Scarlet

Eddie made it a point to simply shrug it off when she handed over her weapons. He handed his over cordially. "Be very careful with this gun, it was a gift from my father. So who know what it might do?" He chuckled a bit as he handed it over. So far, so good. But there something about his date he didn't quite like. He couldn't place his finger on it.

But his mind was taken from that when Culder called for him. "Ah, Mr. Culder! Pleasure to see you again! My father is fine. And how is your family faring?" After "Samantha's" comments and the usual chit-chat to keep up appearances, Eddie had the woman mentioned dead in his sights. And the look she gave to his table. Humph. The nerve. "I would very much like to know where she acquired such a dress. Maybe I shall buy one for you, yes?"

Eddie decided to shift his perception, see if his target and his date had anything interesting to add to his current info.

Etiquette Roll: [roll0] 2 Hits
Judge Intent Roll: [roll1] 5 Hits

At this point taking a Simple Action to switch to Astral Perception. Since I'm not entirely sure it's noticeable to others. I never read anything to suggest otherwise. Once the rolls are made switching back with another Simple Action

Assensing Roll on Scarlet: [roll2] 1 Hit
Assensing Roll on woman: [roll3] 3 Hits

The_Watcher
2011-08-14, 11:55 PM
Eddie

The room is humming with energy but around every single person in the room is a strange sort of haze blocking you from beign able to determine anything about them. As you Assense the woman she looks over to you with a slightly raised eye brow.

Yogismith
2011-08-15, 12:12 AM
Eddie and Scarlet and anyone on the third floor

When Gabriel mentioned getting her a dress like the one the woman was wearing he smiled and almost giggled with excitement. "Really? A dress like that would be so expensive. Oh maybe we could come back here and I could wear it." She spied a look at the two women sitting with Mr. Culder. "I could be the envy of every girl in the place."

Inside she shivered as she wanted to vomit. Keeping up this dumb naive girl act was getting old. Looking back at the woman she also looked around wondering if Miranda got held up somewhere along the line or just couldn't get in. "Not blue though. She started talking again. Green would go better with my hair don't you think?"

Scarlet took a step away from Gabriel and brought her hands up to her hair pulling it to one side allowing it to fall forward of her right shoulder taking a pose. Doing so allowed her to take in the room better. She saw the woman looking over at the table with an eyebrow raised.

OOC:
[roll0] 3 hits

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-15, 12:23 AM
Cipher

Doublechecking the time, Cipher acertains that she is behind schedule, "damn it," as she goes past Eric, she looks at the body and smiles, "cute trick." another two hisses ensue as she plant two bullets side by side in his forehead, forming a sideways figure eight. "Better luck in your next life, even if you were a horrible sleazebag." with that, she turns towards the stairs downwards and starts going that way, thankful that her ankle isn't busted.

Manhunter: 12 shots left in clip.

The_Watcher
2011-08-15, 12:38 AM
Anyone on the Third Floor (Cipher Included)

The woman looks at her watch again before standing up and letting out an explosively angry sigh, “Enough of this charade! You here, you here, you here, you girl coming down the stairs here!” She says angrily with each you she switched person starting with Jules then Scarlet then Eddie and finally Cipher, each 'you' was highlighted by her jabbing her index finger to one of each of the chairs around the table.
“And now where are the other two that I asked for?” She poses the question to everyone.

Scarlet

You were shocked by her sudden outburst and exclamation before you could get a real look around the room.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-15, 12:46 AM
Cipher and 3rd floor occupants.

Cipher points behind her with her thumb, "if one of them is some creep who specialises in optical illusions called Eric, then I'm happy to say that I put two bullets between his eyes before he stabbed me." replies she nonchalantly, after which she puts her hand underneath her chin in mock contemplation, "never did make him wear his ass as a hat though, but I guess it doesn't matter too much any more, anyway." she says, probably meant more for herself than anyone else, but it's still loud enough for most to hear, "I just have one question though: what the hell is going on?" This was just getting a little bit too weird for her.

Yogismith
2011-08-15, 01:27 AM
Scarlet and 3rd floor occupants.

Scarlets head snaps to attention on the woman as her voice explodes out. It would seem that she knew what was going on and who they all were and they were expected. "Finally." The single word escaped from her.

Immediately her naive act dropped as she looked at Gabriel or whatever his name was. "Looks like play time is over loverboy. Don't worry I wont hold you to the dress you promised.". She said with a twinkle in her green eyes. She turned from Gabe and walked confidently, like she belonged here, to the chair that was just indicated to her as she listened to the other woman who was walking down the stairs. As the woman talked Scarlet figured she had severe anger management issues. Thought she had a point. What was going on here?

Taking the chair by the back she pulled it out and sat down and looked at the Ares heir. "I know of one who may still be trying to get into the building. I could contact her if you like. Should I just tell her to use the front entrance?" Scarlet said easily in a matter-of-fact tone.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-15, 02:00 AM
Alfred, Miranda and spirit
Are we inside the shaft now???

Cuaqchi
2011-08-15, 06:39 AM
Alfred and Miranda

"Don't worry about trying to help me up," Alfred says feeling a sharp lurge in the pit of his stomach. "I can find my own way." With that he took a running leap over the alley way grabbing ahold of the far building before continuing his climb to the roof.

Athletics - Jump [roll0] - 3
Athletics - Grabbing wall, and strating to climb [roll1] - 7
Athletics - Continuing to climb [roll2] - 5

SleepyBadger
2011-08-15, 06:46 AM
Miranda
OoC: As Alfred refuses her help Miranda doesn't cast Levitation on Alfred (so please ignore post #44) but leaves him by the wayside and flies up to the shaft. She tries to assess the barriers or guards both in astral and physical form.
[roll0] 4 hits
[roll1] 3 hits

Squeejee
2011-08-15, 11:12 AM
Jules and third floor

Jules stifles a laugh. He had expected this when the security was so lax, but nobody would ever believe it if he told them. So he stands by his assigned seat, awaiting for everybody else before he sits down, Just in case.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-15, 11:52 AM
Eddie and the third floor

At the sounds of the voice, Eddie visibly relaxed. He could finally ditch the character. Shame, he was just starting to grow on him. "Well Mr. Culder, I appreciate the help. You know where to reach me if you need anything."

As he walked away he glanced at Scarlet, finally dropping the accent. I said maybe, didn't I? You would've had nothing. Oh, and by the way, nice ditz act." He strode over to his chair as well, waves of confidence almost rolling off him. Not a chance was anyone going to upstage him.

Merrow
2011-08-15, 12:37 PM

Merrow
2011-08-15, 12:38 PM
Moses
Moses was not in the best of moods coming arriving outside the building, blacking out and nearly missing this was not what he planed he would need to take another trip to Dr.Hacker to find out what was wrong, but that would have to wait.

He moved around and through the people to the main entrance of the resturant, their was no time for a fancey plan he just need to get in,this was going to be a a small mirical if it worked.

Composing himself Moses walked with an air of supreme authority, his motion as one who knew what he was doing and where he was going. He walked into the resturant his demenour now that of a hollier than thou, Moses walked towards the stairs with complete confidence, as he past the reception, he doesn't even glance at them.

"Don't even bother I know who I am here to meet."

And continues to walk.

Merrow
2011-08-15, 12:44 PM
Rolls (sorry my ability to use the roll system has sucked)

Air of Aurthority (Cha+Int) [roll0] 2 hits
Convincing the reception (Cha+Con) [roll1] 4 hits

The_Watcher
2011-08-15, 10:58 PM
Miranda

A light pops up in your commlink it flashes twice before it opens to a text file that says, 'Cut the charade, drop the levitation and invisibility, come to the front entrance drop the name Janice, you will be admitted inside.'

Not really knowing what to do you continue to float and hide as you drop down through the shaft into a room, the stairs are open to the right and you float or walk down them. As you come to the third floor you notice pressure rising and then you see Scarlet and a group of men standing, including the man you had just been speaking to, or sitting at a table in front of a woman. The woman has platinum blonde hair and skin as pale as milk she looks towards you and says, "I did say you should drop your invisibility and your levitation. Because this room will make your head explode if you don't."

OOC: Sorry for semi-railroading you.

Alfred

As you come into the top floor you notice four people lying unconscious around you. Knowing that the time of the reservation is almost upon you you rush down the stairs almost running past the man dead in a pool of blood the next story down. As you enter the third story slowly you notice a large group of people standing and sitting around a large central table. Sitting is a woman with platinum blond hair and skin as pale as milk. She smiles at you and gestures for you to sit. Another man surmounts the stairs and she gestures for him to sit as well.

Everyone Excluding Miranda

"Ahh. I'll see to it that your friend is summoned," she pauses for a moment and her eyes almost flash, "She is being a bit stubborn. I will answer all questions when everyone is here."

A young man, a party boy not even old enough to be out of college it looks walks up the stairs. The woman points to a chair and as she points another man comes down the stairs she points to another chair. As everyone is gathered around the room the air is filled with static electricity and she looks towards the stairs.

"I did say you should drop your invisibility and your levitation. Because this room will make your head explode if you don't," she informs whatever invisible being stands there nonchalantly.

OOC:
Good to have you here Merrow.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-16, 12:31 AM
Everyone in the Room - I'd assume that means all but Miranda

Taking his seat Alfred removes the visor he had been wearing and places it in the stachel at his side. As he does so he closes his eyes, waiting to hear what the woman had to say since his delay outside had obviously disrupted a tight schedule.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-16, 01:31 AM
Miranda sighs and drops her spells. The air spirit will stay outside the restaurant.
OoC: I assume there's no need to spoiler stuff anymore?

Yogismith
2011-08-16, 08:16 AM
Third floor.

Scarlet watched the others as they moved to their respective chairs and gave the Ares heir a nod at getting a hold of Miranda. It should have made her concerned that she knew who she was talking about but then again it didn't. Considering who she was she had the nuyen and the contacts to find out just about all that there was about the whole group here. Interesting bunch we have here. Considering who and what we have here I can only begin to imagine what she wants us here for. Though if it can mean getting a payday on behalf of Ares it makes it all the sweeter. She thought as the woman directed her voice at the stairs. Telling the person to drop the spells they were using. Scarlet turned her head in that direction.

When the form of Miranda appeared Scarlet smiled at the fact that her friend did indeed find a way in. She gave her friend a nod of acknowledgement than turned her attention back to the woman that had called them to this meeting. She opened her comm and chose Miranda for the connection. "This...ought to be interesting."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-16, 09:27 AM
Mranda and Scarlet
"Very", Miranda subvocalizes back. "How did you get acquainted with these guys?" She takes a seat at the table crossing her legs while carefully assensing everyone in the room, starting with the platine-blond woman.
[roll0] 6 hits
[roll1] 2 hits

Yogismith
2011-08-16, 09:52 AM
Miranda and Scarlet over comlink

Miranda's reply came across her internal comlink. She simply kept her attention on the woman rather than look at her mage friend.

"I don't know any of them. Though the one sitting next to me needed a date to get inside. I guess it was dumb luck that we ran into each other. I don't know stranger things have happened."

She paused for a second. "Have you been able to get a read on anyone yet?" She asked figuring that Miranda would be trying to gather some info on who they may be working with.

Merrow
2011-08-16, 12:03 PM
Well so much for this being straight forward, moving from the top of the stairs to were everyone was now seated Moses glances around.

"Nice to meet all of you."

Coils within Coils, things are getting complicated.

The_Watcher
2011-08-16, 07:50 PM
"My name is Janus Rhelot and the woman who I assume you all came here specifically to find is my fiancee. The reason that this place hasn't been burned to the ground already by Shadowrunners is that there never was a hit on the SIN just an extremely large payout to a singular person who had the capabilities of making it appear that her SIN was used except he did it in such a way that it only appeared before the people that advised you," she explains. She absently blows a strand of hair that falls across her face before tucking it behind her ear.

"Now the reason I wanted all of you is because my Fiancee is missing. I left ARES when she did under the joint expectation that we would study the Knight Stone and for nearly the past two years we have studied it. That was until one month ago, Layne was under the impression that the Stone wasn't the only of its kind, and she drew up a list of old artefacts and places that shadred some of the ancient symbols upon the stone. A week later she disappeared, half of our research was destroyed though I was able to back up most of it and when the not so metaphorical smoke cleared she was gone," she looks over to the Culder table and eyes one of the two women and then nods.

One of the women wrenches Mr. Culders neck back and the other drives a needle into it, Mr. Culder slumps over.

"He's only unconcious. He's already heard enough, enough that if he wasn't so influential I might have had him killed. Now inside this briefcase is the contact info of the last person she spoke with before she disappeared. I will be willing to pay you one tenth of what the Stone is worth if you will retrieve the stone and her alive, it is currently estimated at $1.6 Million."

Laying all her cards out in one fell swoop she leans back in her chair and sighs.

Anyone that can Assense

The room seems to be awash with almost magical white noise nearly disfiguring every person in the rooms astral form. You can gather no information about the people.

OOC: We can drop the spoilers now.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-16, 09:01 PM
"What are these other artifacts and where can we find them?" Alfred asks, keeping his closed as he focuses inward trying to memorize everything that is presented. "If the items are important enough to leave work as you to have done, than anyone looking for them will likely have little need for her when they have the other items. In that respect in may be better to find the other items so that we can ensure they stay out of their hands, while also concealing our attempts to find them directly."

OOC: Memory Roll to memorize the conversation.
[roll0] - 3 Hits; Made a small mistake here. I should have only rolled 9 dice with a modifier for the final result.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-17, 01:17 AM
Cipher

Having been more or less ignored by everyone involved, Cipher sourly takes a seat at the table with everyone and begins to listen as information is handed out. Before the woman starts to speak, she double checks that her ear recording unit is working, having things like this was always handy, although given the degree to which they'd bent over backwards to ensure secrecy they might as well have been pretzels, so she wasn't keeping her hopes up. After a while things started to make more sense, although that didn't make her less annoyed, though she wished that she could've had Kasumi listening in on it, saved time and she always had something interesting to bring up, most of the time anyway.

Memory: [roll0]
Judge Intent: [roll1]

Yogismith
2011-08-17, 07:13 AM
Scarlet leaned back and listened as Janus speak to the assembled runners. Her left eyebrow raised when it was mentioned that Layne went missing a month ago. So we need to go and find her it seems. But a month ago this happened. So much for the trail still being warm. I just wonder where this run will take us? She thought as a question formed.

"Miss Rhelot," She paused for a second to get her attention. "Where was your location when Layne went missing and did anyone know of your actual identities or maybe had suspicions of who you two really were?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-17, 09:02 AM
Miranda subvocalized back to Scarlet
"No, I can't sense anything as the room has too much astral noise. Funny enough she did notice me stalking in invisibly and also managed to read my aura..."
"Miss Rhelot, I have a question connected to the ones of this man here", Miranda says aloud nodding towards Alfred. "It is imperative that we learn everything you might know about the Knight Stone. And I'd very much like to know why you specifically picked us for this job as you just implied."
[roll0] 2 hits

The_Watcher
2011-08-17, 08:36 PM
“I think that most of your questions may be answered by the contents of this briefcase which I shall allow you to take with you,” she says as she swipes four keys, presses her thumb, flips it upside down and spin the emblem, sticks her finger into a small needle that samples her blood. The center of the case which she had turned then begins to separate outwards to show a small area in which a small disk rests.

“On this disk is the list of artefacts, their current or last known locations. It also contains all the relevant pieces of knowledge I could find in our research connected to them. Though I do warn you that simply looking at the list; everyone in the world knows of the places that have connections to the stone,” she smiles as she draws the disk up and turns the brief case slotting it into a hidden slot. The center displays a 3D image of various places and inventions, archaeological finds and even art pieces. As the images flit by they eventually land on one: a strange compass.

“This is the Zaros Compass,” she indicates to the image as the compass begins to open. It opens to reveal four sets of rings around a central star shaped stone with a hole in it. “The current owner of the compass is in Russia and is a high ranking business man from a small scale AA naval company called Leviathan. This picture is of the Zaros Compass from twenty years ago. Now let us look at the Knight Stone.”

The image flickers to a small teardrop shaped pendant that the Knight Stone was well known of hanging on. The image then flickers to a completely black surface with tiny slightly brighter shades of black glyphs covering it. It then changes to a similar pendant that is shaped like a small eight pointed star, the image zooms in to the exact same glyphs.

“That is the same Knight Stone. Over the past two years the stone has itself transformed. If any of the artefacts on this list are connected to the Knight Stone then I am sure that they will have changed as well,” she looks at Scarlet, “We were in Tir Na Nog, under the protection of a very powerful person. We were accustomed to people following our every movement as that was part of the person’s precautions for our safety. As to if he would have any reason to have her taken or the stone taken he could not even break the magic protecting it from his kind.”

She hears Miranda’s question and replies, “The Stone itself predates all known modern civilization. Possibly it is a relic from another age entirely which is highly possible as the magic that is woven around it is intricate beyond that of mages on our world. And the stone itself isn’t even rock, we weren’t able to unravel the wards around it to even get a sample of it. Instead Layne was desperate to translate the glyphs, she had begun to transcribe a translation but it was destroyed when she disappeared.”

A tear comes to her eye, “As you why I picked each of you. It’s because you have nothing to lose, you want to get back at people or you want power. Anyone with a beef with ARES or that works for someone that does will have it in their best interest to find Layne before her father can get to her. It was only the protection of our patron is the Tir that we were able to evade his capture for this long.”

Miranda

She seems genuine.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-18, 10:08 AM
"While I can understand your desire to show us what connections you've found between the items, my intent was merely to figure out which of these artifacts would be a good secondary target." Alfred says, opening his eyes to take a look at the screen and providing everyone a chance to see a pair of golden, predatory eyes very similar to that of a great cat. "As such I doubt this compass will be the next target. As I would consider it unlikely that Leviathan has Layne since you have yet to mention any events that could be related to the company trying to merge the artifacts. In addition, the company likely has its own security which would make such a theft more difficult than another more available artifact."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-18, 12:03 PM
"Is it possible that Layne made a copy of her translation and stored it somewhere safe?" Miranda asks. "It would sound sensible to me. Also: why are you so sure that any artifact connected in some way to the Knight Stone would have undergone a transformation as well? Just because the Knight Stone did? Or do you have any further proof?"

The_Watcher
2011-08-18, 08:39 PM
“At this moment I have no idea if the other artefacts are changing but places are. The Inga Stone has a connection of some sort, multiple runes covering it are the same, and it’s last change coincided nearly perfectly with the Knight Stone’s original revitalization. I don’t think Leviathan would attempt to go after the artefacts, I think that ARES is behind it, but that may be personal prejudice,” she informs you before flipping through some of the images to draw up a single flat circular stone.

This is the Pladien Tablet, originally thought to be Assyrian it is highly possible it is connected. It has been under lock and key in a private collector’s collection for the past twelve years. The reason I say that this may be the next target is because the collector that had this as the center of their collection died two days ago. He was found floating face down in his pool. His children have decided to sell most of the collection in a private auction in three weeks; it will be taking place in Vancouver. The other reason I am looking at this is because at the moment I am still unencrypting files containing other artefacts. I can only hope to find another transcription of her translation. As to if she would have had a copy somewhere else, I have no idea.”

She pauses, a thoughtful expression coming to her face and she touches the pocket watch she had been carrying earlier. Pressing the top of it the watch pops open to reveal a beautiful old watch face. She raises it to the light and puts it slightly on its side looking at the numbers. She puts her finger nail against the side and slowly peels a thin clear layer of what looks like plastic. Placing it on the open central area a light shines up from under it displaying a massive map of the world on the roof of this floor, which is glass. Various coloured dots appear on it in different areas.

“Well that’s a –“ she stutters, the words catching in her throat. She clutches her throat, choking.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-18, 08:55 PM
Leaping to his feet Alfred pulls an elaborate sectioned mask from his bag and pulls it over his face before moving over to the woman's body. Pulling her down to the floor he then moves to check he heart beat and breathing under the assumption that some sort of gas or toxin had been released.

First retrieve and put on my Gas Mask.
Biology - Physiology; To determine what effects she is suffering from other than the fact she is choking.[roll0] - 1 Hit (:smallmad:)
Chemistry - To determine what chemicals could cause such effects. [roll1] - 3 Hits

Yogismith
2011-08-18, 09:32 PM
Scarlet listened as the conversation continued along the magic and mystical lines. To be honest with herself she sort of followed the magic mumbo jumbo. The Knight Stone was changing and so were other magical artifacts around the world. Like other times she was glad that Miranda was along for the run. Dealing with things magical was her friends job while shooting things was hers.

She was looking at the ceiling where the large map was displayed taking notice of the colored dots were and what country they resided in. It wasn't till she heard Janus begin choking that she looked down at the woman only to see one of the others move to her side. Standing up from the chair quickly she caused it to topple over behind her as she looked around for anything amiss. One thing was certain. She wished she had her Predator.

Looking around perception check
7d6

Overlord Rion
2011-08-18, 10:13 PM
Eddie closed his eyes as he listened to the speech, only opening them when he wanted to look at the images. His eyes were fortunately open when he saw Janus start choking and fall to the ground. Eddie immediately assumed a chemical had been launched into the air. Lacking the gas mask or any sort of equipment for such an occasion, Eddie instead opted to look around and see if anything was amiss. At the same time, he was trying to memorize the map.

Perception: [roll0] 4 Hits
Memory: [roll1] 5 Hits

Squeejee
2011-08-18, 10:37 PM
"Crap!"

If it's a gas, I'm already dead. If it's not...

Jules rushes to the door to block it, surveying the people in the room as he goes to see if any of them are acting suspicious.

Perception: [roll0] Nothin'.

Merrow
2011-08-19, 02:50 AM
Moses watches and listens to the women talk with fixed attention then he turns to the map when it is revealed, he doesnt move when he hears the women choke, why would he, he's not a medic and running around would cause more problems.

"I beleive that her choking is not a gas unless its coded to her DNA since everyone would be effected now, if any of you can please check for magic."

He then stands still looking at the map and then turning to look at the rest of the people on the floor.

Perception:

[roll0] Nothing, I knew I forgot to put points in something.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-19, 09:25 AM
"I tried to check for magic repeatedly but there is too much astral noise in this room", Miranda replies. "I can attempt to heal her magically but therefore we'll have to carry her out of this room. Does someone have any weapons ready if we get attacked?"
She first kneels down next to Alfred and tries to determine what kind of poison might have affected Janus.
[roll0] 1 hit

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-20, 08:49 AM
It takes Cipher barely a second to get from sitting to behind her chair fully upright, rebreather in hand already on it's way towards her mouth which is closed in a desperate attempt to get away from any potential gas, deathtrap indeed. As everyone else seems pretty split up about what to do about the woman's attack, Cipher pauses before deciding to run away. Did they know something she didn't?
"I beleive that her choking is not a gas unless its coded to her DNA since everyone would be effected now, if any of you can please check for magic."
Fair enough, there was sense in that, but it didn't hurt to be on guard. As they tend to the fallen woman, inevitably getting her out of here and weapons get mentioned, Cipher adds apprehensively "I can provide firepower."

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 10:46 AM
"Just because we have yet to be affected doesn't mean there isn't any gas," Alfred says while continuing to examine the woman's body. "It could easily have been released by whatever was used to attack her as a precurser to an assault. Regardless, we have to stay put until we can determine what is going on and what form of attack was implemented."

Moving over to gather his own weapon, a modified AK97, from his bag Alfred returned to the woman and asked the group. "Anyone have Jazz, or Kamikaze? We need to dope her system until we can figure out is going on, and medical support may take a while getting here."

Physiology - Try Again (-2 Dice) + Edge[roll0] - Damn! Still only 1 Success...
Extra Edge Dice[roll1]

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 02:07 PM
Janus continues to gasp for air as you each look around the room. The two women that were with Mr. Culder have left, they slipped away previously it seems.

Alfred & Miranda

Looking at her you can’t see anything physically wrong until you look at the hand she touched the map with, a slightly greenish tinged filament is pricked into her fingers that she touched the map with.
Searching through your mind you can’t remember any poisons that would act this fast in her system, but you can tell that putting anything into her system that would speed he pulse would be fatal.

Merrow
2011-08-20, 02:38 PM
Moses still looking around the room.

"Well if it ain't magic and something medical does anyone have teh neccessary chemicals and equipment to fix it."

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 03:42 PM
"Not without a lab and enough time to actually figure out what she was attacked with." Alfred says examining the hand from a distance. "Whatever it is though it is on the map and the watch, so unless you have some sort of chemical protection don't touch either of them. In the mean time, the mage and the hired gun will come with me to try and save our contact everyone else work to lockdown this room and ensure no one else sees the map until we can get back here."

Squeejee
2011-08-20, 04:01 PM
"Lock down the room? Doesn't anyone have a camera, implanted or otherwise? We could snap a photo, break the map and run her someplace to get proper help." Jules looks out the door, to see if anyone downstairs has noticed the commotion.

Perception: [roll0] - one

Merrow
2011-08-20, 04:27 PM
Moses pulls out a pair of glives and puts them on.

"Not exactly chem safe but better than anything. Locking down the room maybe not the best move right now either, if the poison was aqpplied before hand then all were going to do is hold a bunch of people agaisnt their will and attacked alot more attention."

Moses looks at the table.

"What about the table cloth since its all on the table we could just bundle it up."

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 04:38 PM
Janus continues to gasp for air, each breath becoming shallower. She fumbles trying to pull something from the folds of her dress. Her jerking movement pull a small vial from one of the folds but it falls to the ground and begins to roll away. Her eyes roll up into the back of her head as she begins to go unconcious.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 04:52 PM
"We don't know whether we will have any persuers," Alfred says, moving to grab the vial before it got lost underfoot. "If there are any, running through the halls with this many people only provides a target, instead keep your heads down and watch for activity."

The course, directive tone that Alfred presented broke slightly when he turned to look at the table. "It might work," He said looking at the men ready to sweep it clean. "Just watch you don't touch anything with the area directly in contact with the device until we can determine what toxin has actually effected her."

Agility (To Grab it) + Intuition (To judge distance, bounce, roll etc.) to try and grab the vial.[roll0] - 2 Successes

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 05:09 PM
Alfred snags the vial before anything happens to it, and relays his orders swiftly.

Downstairs people are filing out of the building and as the last person disappears an eerie and silent chill sets in. Just as you begin to get use to it a group of men in black suits formed up around a man with a hood pulled tightly over his face step into the building. Deep within your minds you all hear words, thousands of words, millions of voices crying out in pain and agony, but then a clear and crisp command forms "Find her."

Merrow
2011-08-20, 05:18 PM
Moses starts to take all the no important stuff of the table and then bundles up the table cloth.

"Hows it going have you manged to....."

Hearing the Voices and the command Moses then starts to look around.

"So Exit anyone I think we now need to go."

Grabbing the table cloth bindle he slings it over a shoulder.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-20, 07:32 PM
Miranda grabs another tablecloth and wraps it around her hand. "We should carry her out nevertheless", she says looking at Scarlet ready to lift the body. "Hey funny paranoid climber-man!" She turns to Alfred. "Check that vial you're holding. It may be of help."

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 08:31 PM
Taking a quick look at the vial and the contents Alfred tries to determine the material instead before grabbing the woman's feet and preparing and to move her upstairs. Again reverting to his military tone he continues to give orders, "We're taking her to the roof, everyone else is to work at delaying whatever force just came in the door; use the furniture as barricades and suppressive fire as required until we determine the number and quality of our enemies."

Chemistry - To determine contents of vial.[roll0] - 3 Successes

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 08:46 PM
Alfred

The vial looks like it would be attached to an inoculation gun as it has a light seal that looks like it could be broken by a needle.

Downstairs you can all see the men looking around until one man looks up. He notices all of you and quickly points his gun towards you, though he is two stories bellow you. You hear the gunfire and expect the glass floors to shatter but instead the bullet ricochets off of the first floor ceiling into a table.

Within the blink of an eye the cloaked man is standing next to the suited man that fired the bullet. The man goes rigid and collapses to the ground, in the hand of the cloaked man is the other's bloody heart.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 08:57 PM
"The fluid is likely some form of anti-toxin," Alfred says, before returning the vial to the woman's coat. "But we would need an innoculation gun to use it though, so any magic you might be able to do to stem the spread of poison is best. For now let's get her to the roof, and just hope that the guy down stairs doesn't have air support."

With a few quick movements Alfred then repositioned his rifle into a position across his back before lifting the woman onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry and proceeding up the stairs toward the roof.

Lift/Carry[roll0] - 6 Successes (120kg or 265.5 lbs)

Squeejee
2011-08-20, 09:32 PM
"Crap, where's a gun when you need one?" Jules very briefly considers trying to get his back, but that's a very bad idea, and doesn't. He waits to be the last one going upstairs, and in the meantime pushes tables to block the door leading downstairs.

"I've got heavy firepower two blocks away if we can get to it, and by the looks of their leader we'll need it."

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 09:49 PM
After propping the tables against the stairs to the downstairs area the group moves up to the next level. A pool of blood is on the floor except whatever left the blood there is gone. This room looks to be more nightclub like, the floor glass is tinted darkly and various coloured lights are around the room. Downstairs you can hear the men coming up the stairs, the leaders feet only lightly gliding atop the stairs.

Yogismith
2011-08-20, 09:51 PM
"Wonderful. Someone brings guns to the party and mine are checked in down stairs.". The red haired elf says under her breath as she looks at Miranda as everyone seems to have an idea on what to do.

She looks at the wanabe doctor who decides that the roof is the best option. Looking down at the unwelcome new entrants to the party and nod in agreement that it's probably the best option. Quickly she moved to Miranda. "Do you have any sort of weapon on you I can use? Mine are checked in at the front door."

She looks back at the one carring Janus. A lot of good that AK Is going to do on your back as you carry a body The irritated thought flashed quickly through her mind as she moved to a table and began to move it in such a fashion to block the way they were about to go.

"Does anyone besides me have a vehicle outside that can transport people out of this mess?"

Cuaqchi
2011-08-20, 10:28 PM
"If you want to take over feel free." Alfred says, laying Janus on the ground. "Someone had to start moving upstairs and no one else was ready to act. The rest of you keep moving and I'll see what I can do to slow them down."

In the flurry of motion that followed he removed his mask, replaced the goggles that had been stowed in his satchel, and returned the gas mask to its original position before firing a single shot into the main overhead light leaving only the dim floor lighting in the room. "If nothing else they will likely have a few canisters of CS for when the shooting starts so if you don't have a means of seeing in reduced light or handling the likely chemical attack leave now."

This probably took a total of 6 Minor Actions (Remove Mask, Retrieve goggles, Attach Goggles, Attach Mask, Aim, Single Shot) for determining how quickly our persuers can reach me. The rest of the group can keep moving at their own pace let's just hope they're fast enough.
Automatics - Fire +1 Action Aim[roll0] - 6 Hits

Yogismith
2011-08-20, 11:05 PM
With the tables in place Scarlet quickly moved to the stairs aided by the boost provided by her cyberware. "Yeah I'll take her. See what you can do." She said as she gently took the body and made ready to carry Janus like she just had been. "I have a vehicle a block or two away that can carry several of us."

Hoisting the body up to her shoulder she began to ascend the stairs as fast as possible.

[roll0] 5 hits can do 90kg for the test.

The_Watcher
2011-08-20, 11:28 PM
Firing the bullets down the stairs you hear a thud as one of the suits hits the ground. Two dead, though one of them was killed by his own leader. Two to go and one cloaked scary man.

You hear the millions of voices again and the sounds of pure agony inside your minds. Fools, you will suffer for this stalling of my progress.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-21, 12:41 AM
Eddie nearly stumbled at the last sentence. "Oh, wow. That one hurt." It was just his luck that a fight had to break out today. Good thing somebody good with weapons showed up. He was going to miss the gun, but he could always get a new one. "If it helps, I have a vehicle nearby as well if we need to split up." In the meantime Eddie was sending a simple message to Roland before rushing up the stairs behind Scarlet.

Things went south.

The_Watcher
2011-08-21, 01:22 AM
The two men, now struggling to push the fallen body of their comrade down the stairs body, scream. The man, who was previously shot, begins to glow the cloaked man holding the heart of the other man in his hand. A slow nimbus of light begins to surround the dead man before he jumps forward smashing through the barricades before beginning to stagger up the next set of stairs.

You almost can hear the ghostly chuckle of the cloaked man rippling through the fiber of your very being. And then a question forms within your minds, Is my wife really that important to you that you would keep her from me?

Cuaqchi
2011-08-21, 01:56 AM
Finding a place to hide in the dimly lit room Alfred took a bead on the stairwell waiting for both of the goons to make an appearance so that he could cut them down before this got further out of hand.

Infiltration - To find a hiding spot and avoid being heard.[roll0] - 1 Success
Initiative & Surprise - +6 from Ambush If they fail to notice me.[roll1] - 2 Successes (4 w/Ambush)
Actions
Pass 1 - Aim (+1); Fire - 3 Round Close Burst (+2 DV) at Zombie(?) with Laser Sight (+1), Called Shot (Head?) (-?), Uncompensated Recoil (-1). [roll2] - Between 0 - 8 Hits depending on Armour Value.
Pass 2 - Aim (+1); Fire - Single Shot at Second man through the door with Laser Sight (+1), Second Target (-2). [roll3] - 4 Hits
Pass 3 - Aim (+1); Fire - Single Shot at First man through the door with Laser Sight (+1), Third Target (-4). [roll4] - 4 Hits

The_Watcher
2011-08-21, 02:04 AM
The zombies head explodes backwards, pieces of flesh falling this way and that. And from that sight the already demoralized men are even more demoralized. It it wasn't for the now suddenly fact that the Cloaked Man now held the zombified mans heart and the heart of the other man in his hand, and that the hearts were not glowing with some strange unearthly fire, they might have ran.

With that said Alfred's bullets catch one the men in the leg and the other catches the other man in the arm. The man show in the leg collapses to the ground while the other... He sort of faints at the sight of his own blood.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-21, 04:02 AM
Shivering at the words inside of her head, Cipher starts walking briskly after the woman carrying the payload, taking the lead she says "come with me, I most likely came in through the air ducts, we should be able to go back out that way to the roof." She really hoped that that had been the case, otherwise they were gonna get some into trouble.

Merrow
2011-08-21, 04:30 AM
"Well дерьмо, Roof it is with a gusto."

Moses rushes to the stairs keeping the bundle on his back close taking one last look behind him.

"Well bugger if this guys that good were going to need some bigger guns, first lets get the hell out of here."

Looking at Scarlet and Eddie.

"You both have car's good we need to get her to the nearest doctor and fast, I know a guy not to far away from here, so how about this, you red head, didnt catch your name but get her to your car I can give you direction to the doc, you again dont know you name man but go get you heavey wepons, you all got a commlink then were going to have to link up and keep in contact."

Moses says touching the back of his ear to activate his commlink.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-21, 05:10 AM
As soon as Miranda and Scarlet leave the room with the disturbing astral noise Miranda turns to Eddie following in their footsteps giving her her comm ID.
"We'll likely to get split up as most of us brought their own vehicles", she says. "The biggest problem is I will only be able to heal the damage she sustained from the poison and won't be able to draw the toxin out of her body magically." She pulls an antidote patch (OoC: Rating 4) from her bag and applies it to Janus's body.
"I will now fly Scarlet, Miss Johnson and myself off the roof. Do you have a way of getting down on your own without having to wade through Mr Cloak and Co there?" she asks Eddie. "If not I might just be able to carry you too. Scarlet, catch!" She tosses her Colt manhunter towards Scarlet.
She then begins to cast her Levitation spells.
[roll0] (Sustaining focus 3) Edit: 3 hits, spell OK
[[roll1] Edit: 4 hits, no drain
[roll2] (Sustaining focus 2) Edit: 8 hits, spell OK
[[roll3] Edit: 3 hits, no drain.
[roll4] (sustaining it herself) Edit: 3 hits, spell OK.
[[roll5] Edit: 4 hits, no drain.
Miranda then waves at the air spirit she placed on stand-by and asks it to Materialize (OoC: necessary for using phyisical powers), Conceal them from the cloaked guy and his buddies and use its Accident power against them if either of them happens to spot them nevertheless. (OoC: this will use up all the services but she will wait for Eddie's reply before flying off the roof towards Scarlet's car and letting the spirit complete all these actions.)

Yogismith
2011-08-21, 08:15 AM
The voice that sounded in her head caused the little hairs on the back of her neck to stand up making her move a bit quicker. As the AK behind her barks again Scarlet takes a look at the other female Elf that took the lead up. She raised en eyebrow at the woman's comment about how she got in. "Most likely came in through the air ducts. Having problems remembering."

Looking to Miranda she gave her a friend a nod of thanks as she caught the Manhunter. The manhunter was a good pistol but it wasn't smartlinked like her Predator IV. Beggers can't be choosers. She thought as she looked to the one that addressed her as redhead she gave a small smirk. "Scarlet." She said indicating her name. "Here's my comm id." She gave her comm id to Eddie, the female elf and the one who made the redhead comment. "Send me the location of the Doc and we can meet there. Make sure any of the others that don't have my comm id get it. I'd hate to see any of us loose contact. This had gone down like a bad trid. And we're going to need all the friends we got, new and old."

She let Miranda do her mystical work as a smile formed on her face. "I'm glad you're here girl." She said has the hand that held the manhunter tired to rub Janus's back gently.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-21, 09:16 AM
Slightly irritated, Cipher turns around "seriously, we don't have time for you two to engage in some romance subplot at this junction of the epic that is our lives. If you haven't noticed we're kinda running away" she indicates the stairs down from which the enemy is slowly crawling they way up, "and unless you want to add being haunted by bad fashion and a dead Johnson to your resume after this little gig, I suggest we get moving..." she pauses, contemplating something for a second then smirks and says "... pretty please with overdrive laced icing and cherries on top?"

Overlord Rion
2011-08-21, 10:39 AM
"If flying is the quickest way out, let's go with that. If it turns out you can't carry me, I'll figure something out." Eddie was actually expecting the worse case scenario, but hope doesn't hurt.

Yogismith
2011-08-21, 10:48 AM
Scarlet's eyes narrowed at the impetuous woman as she carried Janus up past her. "Can you manage to pull your mind out of the gutter? I don't know what you think is going on here but romantic subplot it isn't. I'm trying to get her out of here while you try and remember how you came in. That was all of what ten minutes ago. Nice memory there. So why don't you make yourself useful and make sure no one is coming down from the way you think you came in."

"How are those spells coming Miranda?" She said over her shoulder as she continued up wondering why Janus asked for amateurs with mental capacity issues to join in on this run.

Merrow
2011-08-21, 11:54 AM
Moses starts too look around the roof.

"Right thank you Scarlet, also unless umm.. Miranda, there is excenlent at magic I doudt she can get us all down, so since this place is fairly upstandards it will have a fire exit, those who like their feet on the ground, like myself should take it and quick."

Walking around the edge of the building Moses also yells back.

"Hows the militant guy with the Ak doing, he drop the zombies yet?"

Looking for the fire escape. [roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-21, 12:12 PM
Miranda will attempt to levitate Eddie and sustain that spell as well.
[roll0] (-2 for already sustaining a spell)
[roll1]
Spell does not work as she cast it with F2 but as there is no drain she will try again.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-21, 12:15 PM
Trying the spell again:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Cool. Spell works pretty well, no drain.

Cuaqchi
2011-08-21, 01:04 PM
Keeping low to the ground and deep within the shadows Alfred made a quick dash across the room to find a new firing position dropping prone to wait for the cloaked man to fall upon him so that he could try and sirupt whatever magics were being channelled through the men's hearts.

Infiltration[roll0] - 2 Successes
Actions
Pass 1 - Run to other side of room drop prone and use Infiltration to hide.
Pass 2 - Fire - Single Shot at each heart in the cloak man's hands. First Shot - Laser Sight (+1), Target Size (-?)[roll1] - 0-6 Hits based on modifier; Second Shot - Laser Sight (+1), Second Shot (-2), Target Size (-?)[roll2] - 1 Hit
Pass 3 - Depends on cloaked man's response and position.

Squeejee
2011-08-21, 03:36 PM
Once on the roof, Jules tries to find a way to his bike. If need be, he can probably jump across the rooftops, but would rather not.

Perception - Making sure path is clear [roll0]

The_Watcher
2011-08-21, 06:47 PM
Alfred

The cloaked man begins to raise the two hearts, each of them glowing with unearthly and sickening power. As they glow energy arcs between them, just as they are about to touch your bullet rips apart one of them and the other bullet flies directly into the Cloaked Mans hood.

He stumbles back before straightening to stand fully upright again. The Cloaked Man throws the other heart onto the ground and sneers looking directly at you. And just as he raises his blackened gnarled hand he tilts his head as if hearing something in the distance. We’ll finish this later, echoes in your mind. A glowing nimbus begins to form around the cloaked man brighter and brighter until he vanishes in an explosion of wind and pure power.

As you look back around the room you see that tables have caught fire and that most of the room is burning now.

Everyone Else

As you all begin to find ways off the building you smell smoke, and charred flesh.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-21, 07:16 PM
At that, Cipher gives a great big grin, "that's some verbal vitriol you've got there lady," she blinks, letting the image link in her eyes and the sound link in her ears activate "sending you image and sound link data, in case something sneaks up on me and murders me from the back, you'll know to go somewhere el..." she looks at the spreading fire "... uh... never mind, en masse it is then." before setting into a comfortable jog, opening her comm link, she finds the schematics again and locates the air duct, and sets off towards it.

Yogismith
2011-08-21, 07:47 PM
Scarlet smiles a the woman and gives her a nod. "It's nothing. In my former life I'd had to deal with corporate suits who had a much higher opinion of theirselves than was warranted. Needless to say some had to be dealt with." She said as she continued up away from whatever demon was below.

She began receiving the Elf woman's image and sound link data as the smell of real burning wood and flesh wafted up to assault their senses. When she mentioned leaving all together Scarlet waved ahead with the hand hat held the manhunter. "Lead on. If something does manage to drop ya we'll do the best we can to drag you out also. I've never left anyone behind before. I won't start now." She said with a matter-of-fact tone.

She looked ahead and carried on with Janus till they reached the air duct. It wasn't long after she felt Miranda's spells take effect as part of their group began to rise up to the roof. "My patrol-1 is about two blocks east. It won't take long to get there."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-22, 01:24 AM
Mranda flies Scarlet, Janus, Eddie and herself to Scarlet's car. There she drops the spells and puts Miss Johnson carefully on the back seat to examine her.
OoC: Did the patch work? Is she damaged physically? If yes, how bad is it?

Cuaqchi
2011-08-22, 01:31 AM
With the flames starting too spread through the room Alfred made a rapid dash for the stairwell racing down to the ground floor as quickly as possible to ensure that he had time to recover whatever those intended as his new companions left behind in their escape.

Athletics - Running[roll0] - 4 Successes
Perception - Search for the storage locker and empty whatever I can carry into the satchel or strapped to my body.[roll1] - 4 Successes

Yogismith
2011-08-29, 06:51 PM
Scarlet scoped out the area as Miranda descended taking them to her Patrol-1. The area still seemed clear despite what was going on in the club. She accessed her PAN and brought up the comms of the others she had. "Upscale club and neighborhood it won't take long for emergence response and Lone Star to get on scene." As she spoke she remotly accessed her vehicle and unlocked the doors.

Upon touching down she opened the door and carefully sat Janus on he edge of the backseat and let Miranda carefully move her around as she went to the front seat placing the manhunter next to her and retrieving the Ingram X submachine she always kept near by. With what they were involved with having some heavier firepower than handguns was going to be a necessity.
"Ok I still have room for one or two more. If not I'm taking her to the doctor what's his name gave us."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-30, 07:24 AM
"I parked my scooter over there", Miranda says indicating a spot at the other side of the street. "So I will just follow. I can't attempt to heal her here since that will take a bit of time. We should get her somewhere safe."

Arcane_Snowman
2011-08-30, 07:56 AM
With the fire spreading, Cipher rushes to the top floor of the building, finding the room with the air duct after a little bit of reminding from the schematics. Pulling a chair underneath the duct she gets enough height to get a grip and pull herself up. After a rather rushed crawl to the roof, she has her grappling hook at the ready, and after a few seconds Cipher is rappelling down the side of the building into an alley at the side.

Merrow
2011-08-30, 09:52 AM
Moses smells the smoke and it causes him to move faster, armound the roof top till he has found the fire escape, at which he runss down it, activating the commlink behind his ears as he goes.

When he reaches the bottom of the fire escape he drops down onto the street and starts to make a brisk run towards the nearest ally way and away from the building.

Squeejee
2011-08-30, 03:32 PM
As everyone scatters, Jules makes his way to the alley where he parked his Harley, tapping Moses on the shoulder as he goes. Assuming the guy is secure enough for it, they can both ride it and catch up to the rest of the team no problem.

Overlord Rion
2011-08-30, 11:04 PM
"My car is nearby, but I'll wait a few moments for the others before following. We don't need an entourage drawing attention." Walking quickly away, Eddie found his car in the nice little nook he left it in. Getting in, he spotted where he kept the accessories for his gun. That would be a supreme comfort to have it right about now. he thought.

The_Watcher
2011-09-01, 12:47 PM
Alfred

Running out the burning building you grab everything that you can carry, blindingly picking weapons.

Cipher

You land safely, the world spinning for a second.
The hissing has returned.

Miranda

She’s still fading fast, but the patch seems to have helped her breathing a small bit.

Everyone

A gut wrenching screech explodes over your commlinks as data seems to fly before your eyes. Lists of doctors, hospitals, but most of them are crossed off or in red. A few names and addresses close by pop up and one that is circled in green. It’s not too far away, Dr. Orin’s Health & Care Facility.

Yogismith
2011-09-01, 01:03 PM
Scarlet's head cocked to one side as the screeching information came across her headware. She kept her eyes on the open alleyway ahead of her as the list of names that were either crossed off or in red flashed by. Several looked good but one had been highlighted green. Selecting that one she accessed her PAN and bringing up the route to get there as quick as possible.

"Got the location thanks. We'll meet you there." She gave the engine a bit more gas then let go of the break causing the tires to sequel a bit as the alley opening came close fast. Hitting the breaks in case any pedestrians happened to be near, though the fire should have them cleared out, She made the turn into the road and hit the accelerator taking them to Dr. Orin’s Health & Care Facility.

12d6

Yogismith
2011-09-01, 01:04 PM
Die roll again

12d6

Cuaqchi
2011-09-01, 02:02 PM
Alfred

Ensuring that all of the collected firearms were safely stowed Alfred ran out the door, making his way into the alleyways where the others would be determining what hospital to use before the information flooded onto his display screen. "Dr. Orin's, likely a small place, but that should make it easier to stay hidden." He thought, while looking for someway he could escape the area before Lone Star arrived.

Infiltration - To escape unseen. [roll0] - 1 Success
Athletics - To start running for the clinic. [roll1] - 8 Successes

SleepyBadger
2011-09-01, 07:11 PM
Miranda follows on her scooter not too fast, to avoid drawing attention to herself.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-09-01, 11:48 PM
"Aoi?" Whispers Cipher tentatively over the comm, as she begins to walk away from the building. All that information, and the constant static was brewing in the back of her skull promising a headache in about... never mind, there it was. "Are you there?" Repeated she when she had gotten a fair way away from the building and hopefully the scrambler "Aoi?"

Merrow
2011-09-02, 02:59 PM
At the scream of information Moses blanches, this is why he hated having the damn commlink, he starts to follow Jules to his car when he points it out.

"What so special about that doctor I wounder. Its probably just the closest one."

Moses says to himself looking at the green highlighted information on his commlink. Looking back at the place one last time Moses unslings his cargo rady to put it in the car.

"One thing for sure, I going to need to get my hands on a gun."

The_Watcher
2011-09-02, 03:04 PM
Cipher

Looking over your connections it seems hat Aoi has either somehow disconnected the commlink or...

As you make your way towards Dr. Orin's Health & Care Facility. You pass by multiple closer doctors, even a hospital. As you get closer you can see it is a low squattign whitewashed building surrounded by a fence, there's a gate at the front, with guards.

Yogismith
2011-09-02, 05:09 PM
Scarlet uttered a few choice words as she passed several places that they could have taken Janus and one was even a hospital. Looking over her shoulder she took a quick view of the woman. Seeing how she looked he pressed a bit harder on the accelerator. Moments later she was pulling up to a low-rise building with a fence, gate and even guards.

"I'm guessing that if we were to take her to a mainstream place it would be all over the martix on who just checked in." She said out loud to no one in particular. It made sense though "This should be interesting."

As she quickly pulled up to the gate she slowed to a stop at the last moment. the guards hand was only a foot away from being one with the hood. She stuck her head out the window and spoke with a voice she normally used when commanding her security teams at Renraku. There was also a sense of urgency in her voice. "I have someone who needs the services of Dr. Orin or whoever is inside. Time is critical."

[roll0] 5 hits
First Impression in effect. (I think etiquette works here.)

Squeejee
2011-09-02, 06:20 PM
"Car? You best hold on tight, kid."

Jules points to his vehicle - a large 'hog, the king of cool transportation. Leather seat big enough for two, and an engine that looks modified from the original. Two wheels, not made of a modern synthetic, but of an old street-marking-brakes-squealing-old-school rubber.

"I got a gun in a hidden seat compartment in case we need it, but it doesn't look like we're being chased. After all, we don't have the mark."

Jules rides hard to the location on Moses' comlink, in case he's being followed.

Pillot ground craft: [roll0] - Oh, balls.

SleepyBadger
2011-09-02, 10:30 PM
Miranda stops behind Scarlet's car, waiting to see whether she needs to interfere.

Arcane_Snowman
2011-09-03, 06:14 AM
It didn't take Cipher any time at all to decide. As her commlink sent the message Scarlet she was already breaking into a run "Scarlet, I'll catch up with you guys later, if you'll give me your coordinates, I'll rendezvous with you once I'm done. I'll keep my commlink open, in case you really need me, but I won't be that close by." another idea popped into her mind "Say, do you think you will be needing some heavy support?"

Yogismith
2011-09-03, 12:01 PM
OOC: This takes place before Scarlet arrives at the clinic.

The voice of the other Female Elf came across her comlink as she passed a car on the right. "Sounds good. We're heading to the place that was sent to us on our comms. As far as where we go after that is anyone's guess." She paused for a moment pondering the last question. "Heavy support? Right now I'd consider anything fair game on this job considering what just happened and who we're dealing with. So long story short, yes and watch your back."

With that said she blew the horn and passed another car this time on the left.