PDA

View Full Version : Empire building.

malleus818
2011-08-11, 10:55 PM
i am an empire builder, i want to play an empire building game for fantasy.
the cbest i have ever come up with was using,
Dragon issue 125 for population and cash, taxes.
and the old blue book for dnd, for armies and fighting. All so very basic. any ideas guys? what might i add to build up a fantastic empire, fantasy, game?

jebob
2011-08-12, 05:31 AM
Do you want a set of rules for constructing a sensible kingdom? Do you want a single-player game where you develop despite randomly generated obstacles? Or perhaps a multiplayer game with a GM who helps the players generate a universe?

malleus818
2011-08-12, 05:41 AM
hmm it would be for a gaming group. We had home brew rules, back in the day. It was great, but that was years ago, and have none of the rules anymore.

But for a GM, and a group, as sensible as can be, but still fun, you have any suggestions?

FelixG
2011-08-12, 07:07 AM
Your best bet is Fields of Blood- The book of War

http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=7310

Gives lots of good rules for use with 3.P for running an empire/kingdom based game, and even converting current campaigns over to it

hamlet
2011-08-12, 08:18 AM
The old Birthright boxed set from TSR has much and more that may interest you. It's AD&D stuff, but I believe there's a fan conversion to 3.x lurking in the darker holes of the web somewhere.

Crow
2011-08-12, 08:25 AM
WWW.birthright.net. has a 3.something birthright rulebook in pdf that you can download. I've used it for our group many times, and while it requires a few tweaks to work in a non-birthright game, the rulership and war rules can be used in pretty much any d&d game.