PDA

View Full Version : Question about a potential Let's Play

Gralamin
2011-08-12, 12:21 AM
I've been considering running a Let's Play of Persona 3. However, I am aware the game includes images which may be considered disturbing (if you don't know about the game), such as the characters looking like they are shooting themselves in the head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5gMe3tqbM#t=1m36s). However the game has a similar rating (M) to many games already LPed on this forum.

This basically boils down to two questions:
1) Even though this game is rated M, is it potentially too much for this PG13 forum?
2) If it isn't allowed on this forum, then would I be allowed to post a link to the LP, with a warning for above PG13 content, hosted somewhere else?

banjo1985
2011-08-12, 05:09 AM
I haven't played Persona 3, so I'm basing my response on the linked scene only. It may be that there are more graphic portions of the game that make this response moot.

Looking at the list of Inappropriate Topics for the forum, the only thing this seem's to come near is the 'Graphic Violence' part, but to be honest that scene doesn't show anything I'd consider either graphic or unsuitable for PG-13. If that's the worst that the Let's Play would encounter then I can't see much of a problem. I've seen Let's Play's for Borderlands and Fallout New Vegas here before, which are both 18 rated, so I think if you put a clear warning that some scenes depicted might not be entirely suitable for below PG-13 you'd be okay.

Always best to wait for the word of a Mod though, and to err on the side of caution.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-12, 10:30 AM
Based on the other SMT games I've played, I'd think a bigger worry would be whether the game is too religious for the forums. Assuming Persona 3 has a similar amount of religious content as Devil Survivor, of course.

Gralamin
2011-08-12, 06:54 PM
Based on the other SMT games I've played, I'd think a bigger worry would be whether the game is too religious for the forums. Assuming Persona 3 has a similar amount of religious content as Devil Survivor, of course.

The actual religious content, outside of the names of a few things, is pretty much nothing if I recall the game correctly.

Roland St. Jude
2011-08-12, 07:00 PM
Sheriff: The important thing is not so much the content of the game but the content of what you post or link to. If it's too graphically violent, religious, political, etc., you're likely to hear from the mod squad. If you can talk about game play without images, text, or links to such material, go for it.