PDA

View Full Version : Backporting PF Kingmaker to 3.5 -- suggestions?

Saintheart
2011-08-12, 02:50 AM
Basically, I've been eyeing off the Pathfinder Kingmaker adventure path, but for various reasons I won't get into -- basically, I personally am more comfortable with 3.5 than I am PF -- I'm considering adapting it so it can be run in a 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign rather than in Pathfinder. This is mainly because I love the kingdom management rules in the AP, and I'd love to try and do it like that.

Having said that, my knowledge of Pathfinder isn't fantastic, and I've no idea how much work might be involved in restatting the monsters.

So has anyone had any experience doing this, and could anyone offer some advice for what might be involved and how heavy a process it's going to be?

I'd also take general advice on the overall differences between PF and 3.5, if people were minded to offer some wisdom on that topic too...

Pink
2011-08-12, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure if you just used as written for monsters you'd be fine. Really, I don't get how people approach pathfinder with such apprehension. It's 3.5 with some alternate rules, and if you mess up some of the rules and use the old version, it stills works fine imo.

Coidzor
2011-08-12, 10:16 AM
I'd skim over Saph's Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136890)& that'll probably give you a nice idea of hwat'll be different about the monsters that'd be a sticky wicket.