PDA

View Full Version : Every kind of Bardic music ever

Morph Bark
2011-08-12, 08:57 AM
I'm currently looking up bardic music, auras and other sorts of buffs and debuffs that are continuously/permanently in place or can be as long as one concentrates on keeping them up.

I know there is Dragonfire Inspiration from Dragon Magic, Haunting Melody from Libris Mortis, the Warchanter from Complete Warrior and I know one Dragon magazine article had Inspire Awe (but forgot in which issue that was in).

Please also state the source book it is in. Thank you. :smallsmile:

Gorfang113
2011-08-12, 09:45 AM
Lords of Madness has the Music of the Outer Spheres feat, which lets you use bardic music to slow, sicken or give a morale bonus to abberations. PH2 has the Arcane Accompaniment feath, which lets you expend a spell slot to keep the bardic music affect going for a # of rounds after you stop playing equal to the spells level. Thats all i can think of really, but I really dont use bards, either as a PC or NPC, so there is probably more out there.

Kansaschaser
2011-08-12, 10:01 AM
There is the feats from Eberron that increase your bardic effects too. Song of the Heart.

I think they also have the Green Ear feat, which allows your bardic effects to work on plants.

Oh, and my favorite is the Words of Creation from the Book of Exalted Deeds. You want to double the effect of your bardic music? Yes please!

TwylyghT
2011-08-12, 10:16 AM
Dragonsong Lyrist has songs to grant morale bonus to strength, grant flight, and to project a fear arua as long as she sings, plus a few rounds.

Kansaschaser
2011-08-12, 10:17 AM
Dragonsong Lyrist has songs to grant morale bonus to strength, grant flight, and to project a fear arua as long as she sings, plus a few rounds.

Oh, where did you find them? That sounds cool.

TwylyghT
2011-08-12, 10:19 AM
It's in the Draconomicon, Pg #127, A couple other songs that have instant/spell effect too.

Fax Celestis
2011-08-12, 10:22 AM
Seeker of the Song, Virtuoso, Dirgesinger, Bladesinger, and Sublime Chord all have their own songs.

Flickerdart
2011-08-12, 11:19 AM
Dragonsong Lyrist does not, however, use Bardic Music.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-08-12, 12:25 PM
Not sure if it's what you are looking for but in Dragon 326 pg 80, there is the Chaos Music feat that is the equivalent of Practiced Spellcaster but for Bardic Music.

Kansaschaser
2011-08-12, 12:34 PM
Not sure if it's what you are looking for but in Dragon 326 pg 80, there is the Chaos Music feat that is the equivalent of Practiced Spellcaster but for Bardic Music.

Well, if we are also talking about things from Dragon Magazines, then there is Dragon Magazine #311. It has several more prestige classes for the bard, including the Worldspeaker, The Mourner, The Memory Smith, The Battle Howler, and The Green Whisperer.

Each of them takes the Bard and adds some different abilities and flavor.

Andorax
2011-08-12, 01:43 PM
Bardic Dragon Article Summary:

311: Five bard-centric PrCs (Green Whisperer is a bard/druid progression with low entry and added bonuses)

314: Heartfire Fanner PrC (bardic progression, ability to grant bonus melee feats or metamagic feats to other party members temporarially).

335: New Olamn Bardic College (FR Fluff)
335: Songsabers of Waterdeep (new bard spells, item, organization)

325-331 (in back): Lots of bardic advice articles.
333: Divine Inspiration (feat): Cleric and bard levels stack for bardic music.
335: new bardic magic items.
336: Bardic "far realm" song feat tree (Undertone of Heresy, Sickening Sonata, Blasphemous Utterance)
337: "anti" bard class variant, songs to hinder foes instead of help allies.
338: New bardic feats (use perform instead of concentration).

317: Magic's High Note (9 new magical instruments)

328: Tvash-Prull's Symphony (new bardic songs, fairly dark)

Morph Bark
2011-08-12, 08:40 PM
Seeker of the Song, Virtuoso, Dirgesinger, Bladesinger, and Sublime Chord all have their own songs.

Seeker of the Song and Sublime Chord, iirc, were in Complete Arcane, but I dunno the others. Dirgesinger is Libris Mortis maybe?

Bardic Dragon Article Summary:

311: Five bard-centric PrCs (Green Whisperer is a bard/druid progression with low entry and added bonuses)

314: Heartfire Fanner PrC (bardic progression, ability to grant bonus melee feats or metamagic feats to other party members temporarially).

335: New Olamn Bardic College (FR Fluff)
335: Songsabers of Waterdeep (new bard spells, item, organization)

325-331 (in back): Lots of bardic advice articles.
333: Divine Inspiration (feat): Cleric and bard levels stack for bardic music.
335: new bardic magic items.
336: Bardic "far realm" song feat tree (Undertone of Heresy, Sickening Sonata, Blasphemous Utterance)
337: "anti" bard class variant, songs to hinder foes instead of help allies.
338: New bardic feats (use perform instead of concentration).

317: Magic's High Note (9 new magical instruments)

328: Tvash-Prull's Symphony (new bardic songs, fairly dark)

:smalleek: Holy chords! That's awesome! Thanks a ton! :smallbiggrin:

I was mostly looking for official material (non-3rd party, non-dragon), but with that much Dragon stuff, I must not ignore it!

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-08-13, 04:29 AM
Seeker of the Song and Sublime Chord, iirc, were in Complete Arcane, but I dunno the others. Dirgesinger is Libris Mortis maybe?

Yes, the Dirgesinger is in Libris Mortis. The Virtuoso is in Complete Adventurer. (There is also a 3.0 version in Song and Silence). There are the Spellsinger and the Warrior Skald in Races of Faerun (There also is a 3.0 version of Bladesinger in here). In Frostburn there is the Stormsinger. Complete Warrior has the Bladesinger and the War Chanter. Unearthed Arcana has the Prestige Bard. And finally (for now) Complete Chapmion Player's Handbook II, and Unearthed Arcana all have Bard ACFs.