PDA

View Full Version : What is this song?

VarianArdell
2011-08-12, 08:57 AM
So, I was making my usual late-night/early-morning rounds through YouTube, and I found a video of this guy, playing what appeared to be a long-necked mandolin. The guy's voice is amazing, but the song itself intrigues me to no end. Therefore, I ask the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Playground: Could someone please tell me the name of this song? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVvqFqITYlY)

DeadManSleeping
2011-08-12, 09:36 AM
Wish I could tell you.

And, a tip: this looks a LOT like a troll. Put some other information regarding the song/video in your first post to attract more views/responses.

VarianArdell
2011-08-12, 09:43 AM
Wish I could tell you.

And, a tip: this looks a LOT like a troll. Put some other information regarding the song/video in your first post to attract more views/responses.

good point. edited.

Worlok
2011-08-12, 01:38 PM
I sadly can't help you with the song, but that guy is called Luc Arbogast, he's apparently quite well-known in the French medievalist scene. Perhaps googling the name will turn up some info on what the song is called? :smallconfused:

Jack Squat
2011-08-12, 01:55 PM
Quick search through the comments shows the song name is morgenstern. Persumably not a cover of the Rammstein song of the same name.

Kindablue
2011-08-12, 01:59 PM
It's some version of Ave Maria, I think; someone who speaks whatever language that was should be able to confirm or deny that. He has a beautiful voice.