PDA

View Full Version : Shooting past/through allies and enemies. Are there penalites?

Pika...
2011-08-12, 11:23 AM
I vaguely remember that either allies or enemies provide cover or block line of sight if you are shooting at someone. Am I remember this correctly? Can someone please provide a page number? My game begins in a few hours, and there will be much ranged combat. :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2011-08-12, 11:25 AM
Soft Cover
Creatures, even your enemies, can provide you with cover against ranged attacks, giving you a +4 bonus to AC. However, such soft cover provides no bonus on Reflex saves, nor does soft cover allow you to make a Hide check.

Creatures don't block LoS or LoE though.

tyckspoon
2011-08-12, 11:26 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#cover

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

Relevant part bolded. Not sure what the page numbers are in the physical book, should be able to find it by checking the index for 'cover'.

Pika...
2011-08-12, 11:33 AM
Many thanks!

You guys rock! :smallbiggrin: