PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist - Artificer remake [PF]

Biguds
2011-08-12, 01:16 PM
Hi there.

Last week I´ve made some alterations on the base alchemist to remake the Artificer. Hope for some tips and sugestions.

1 - Formulaes -> Infusions [same thing as alchemist, but infusion list]
2 - Bombs -> Eletricity damage [from flasks of fluid to metal spheres]
3 - Mutagen -> Can take as a discovery [traded for Craft Reserve]
4 - Poison Use and Resistances -> No more [gain Artificer feats]
5 - Artificer great class features [like Metamagic Spell Trigger] become Discoverys with base level requirement

The Craft Reserve is the same as Artificer, but converted to virtual Gold Pieces [and x5]

How about that ? :smallredface:

eftexar
2011-08-12, 04:04 PM
The craft reserve is a joke. You are better off giving the class a percentage discount on all crafting costs and times.
Other than that I really can't comment on anything until you have the class posted.

Pyromancer999
2011-08-12, 08:13 PM
The craft reserve is a joke. You are better off giving the class a percentage discount on all crafting costs and times.
Other than that I really can't comment on anything until you have the class posted.

What he's doing is taking the Alchemist class for Pathfinder(already published), giving it access to some other Pathfinder classes' abilities and the D&D Artificer's craft reserve, then changing the fluff. Hope that helps you understand this a bit better.

eftexar
2011-08-12, 08:18 PM
Ah. May I suggest links or references?

Pyromancer999
2011-08-12, 08:20 PM
Ah. May I suggest links or references?

It's on Paizo's Pathfinder SRD here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/alchemist.html

Doorhandle
2011-08-14, 06:50 AM
Looks good, although I personally would change the electric-sphere to a touch attack or even a ranged touch attack, just for flavor.

Maybe a discovery which allows it to chain to other guys?

You could also have it know a secondary list of spells that it counts as knowing for the purposes of crafting magic items.