PDA

View Full Version : Black Death

Sir_Chivalry
2011-08-12, 02:00 PM
Has anyone seen the film? What did you think? I for one loved it, and the ending was a big surprise.

On a side note, those of you with any experience in the roleplaying games, how would you stat the main characters? I mean in any system, not just DnD.

Ricky S
2011-08-12, 10:44 PM
I have indeed seen the film. I thought it was rather bizarre. I enjoyed it but I wouldnt buy it on dvd or anything. I am surprised that it wasnt released at the cinemas (at least where I live).

As to statting the characters its pretty simple. They would all be close combat characters.

Barbarian MD
2011-08-13, 01:17 PM
I have to disagree. I'm not surprised at all that it didn't make it to theatres. It was pretty awful. The concept was fun, and it explored some good themes, particularly with the ending, but the movie just couldn't pull it off. I just couldn't buy into the motivations of the characters enough to suspend disbelief.

Also, I've lost count, but another tragic Sean Bean death. It's like he's been typecasted, and therefore I knew how the movie was going to end before it even started. I'll be surprised when he is in a movie where he isn't killed off at the end.

Maelstrom
2011-08-14, 04:35 AM
Rented it on DVD here -- was, at the least, entertaining. Was a great concept, though some parts were a bit of a head scracther (as to why they were done the way they were) and the end seemed out of place (unless they were trying to tie in to a sequel), a bit like the battery alert on their camera came on and they had to rush to wrap things up...

@mhvaughn, this should help you with your Sean Bean deathcount ;)
http://www.screened.com/news/anti-productivity-the-many-deaths-of-sean-bean/2584/

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-10-13, 01:54 AM
Has anyone seen the film? What did you think? I for one loved it, and the ending was a big surprise.

On a side note, those of you with any experience in the roleplaying games, how would you stat the main characters? I mean in any system, not just DnD.

I finally saw it, and thought it was good. Definitely better than Season of the Witch, if nothing else.

I loved the ending, but was not overly surprised. I wish Mold and Swire had lived. I think it would have been a good twist if they actually let Swire go.

When it comes to stating the main characters, I would say:

Ulric: Paladin/Grey Guard (maybe Warblade, but I find ToB a difficult fit for the film)

Osmund: If we are sticking strictly to PC classes, Cloister Cleric (with knowledge geography).

Wolfstan: Marshall/Fighter (if ToB can work, then he could be a Crusader with White Raven).

Griff: It's difficult to tell, since he died so early. Let's just say Fighter for argument sake.

Ivo: Needs to be a fighter; he showed a good amount of skill with the little we saw of him. His ability to patrol with any success makes me think he needs to be multiclassed, maybe Ranger or Barbarian.

Swire: Bard or Rogue, seeing as he is so good with the gals. He also seems to know everything about everyone. My vote is Rogue/Fighter.

Dalywag: Seeing as he fashioned that torture device and hated to leave it behind, can we say Artificer?

Mold: Scout/Barbarian.

I would argue Osmund becomes a Blackguard. This begs a question for me, though; can a Blackguard fall and become a Blackguard and still serve or claim to serve his God? Can he still be affiliated with his church?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-10-13, 07:54 AM
I finally saw it, and thought it was good. Definitely better than Season of the Witch, if nothing else.

I loved the ending, but was not overly surprised. I wish Mold and Swire had lived. I think it would have been a good twist if they actually let Swire go.

When it comes to stating the main characters, I would say:

Ulric: Paladin/Grey Guard (maybe Warblade, but I find ToB a difficult fit for the film)

Osmund: If we are sticking strictly to PC classes, Cloister Cleric (with knowledge geography).

Wolfstan: Marshall/Fighter (if ToB can work, then he could be a Crusader with White Raven).

Griff: It's difficult to tell, since he died so early. Let's just say Fighter for argument sake.

Ivo: Needs to be a fighter; he showed a good amount of skill with the little we saw of him. His ability to patrol with any success makes me think he needs to be multiclassed, maybe Ranger or Barbarian.

Swire: Bard or Rogue, seeing as he is so good with the gals. He also seems to know everything about everyone. My vote is Rogue/Fighter.

Dalywag: Seeing as he fashioned that torture device and hated to leave it behind, can we say Artificer?

Mold: Scout/Barbarian.

I would argue Osmund becomes a Blackguard. This begs a question for me, though; can a Blackguard fall and become a Blackguard and still serve or claim to serve his God? Can he still be affiliated with his church?

While I appreciate the sentiment man, you've got to stop doing this on my old threads. After a month and a half, you're not allowed to post on old threads.

And yes, in a montheistic world, I'd assume you could be evil and claim to still follow a god. Hell, any one can claim they are.