PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew danger room IC

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-12, 02:08 PM
The world goes white and then pitch black. Out of the darkness smells and then faint sights appear. The atmosphere is thick with stale moist air with notes of rotting materials and bones. A dank room with the decorations of castle dungeon takes form around you. There are three other figures in the room and a door on one side. A sound like small figures moving comes from the other side of the door.

Essence_of_War
2011-08-15, 09:03 AM
Alan slowly pans his head around the room.

I suppose the simulation begins when we cross the first door

Alan moves toward the door, his elaborate gold and red armor whirring and clicking as he goes. He readies his shield and pulls the first of his javelins off of the sling on his back.

Prep for a door breach, it sounds like we have a group of something small on the other side.

Action/Bookkeeping:

I'm going to ready an action, or just be ready to open the door, once everyone on our side seems like they're ready for a door breach.

HP: 29/29
AC: 21
DR: 2/-

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-15, 10:31 AM
The door is sturdily built of wood and is mounted on metal hinges. Yellow light flickers through the cracks and by the threshold. Despite its rigid appearance, the door looks like it could be opened by the handle or by something hitting it with enough force.

THEChanger
2011-08-15, 11:17 PM
Matt nods, and moves into position behind Alan. Nocking a bolt into his crossbow, he aims it at the door, preparing to blast whatever's behind it.
Exactly what's on the tin. Crossbow's loaded. Moved so I can hit anything on the other side of the large door.

Luca
2011-08-16, 05:14 PM
Joran shifts his pose, lifting his greatsword in a ready stance; a wild grin on his face.

"You gonna open it or what, Mary's getting hungry over here."

Swift action to enter blood in the water stance. Moved to ensure clear path through the door for charging purposes.

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-18, 02:26 PM
Since someone needs to open the door, I'll shanghai the wildheart and have him step forward and open it.

From the back of the room comes a hulking figure holding a heavy mace. With an impatient grunt, he grabs the door and rips it open. The hallway on the other side of the opening has 3 goblins with shocked looks on their faces. It is safe to assume they knew you were in the room, but that they did not expect how big Ulfgar is.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArOt4Os9vP74dDJiVW8tNWRBbk9WMVktaXhadDBWL UE&hl=en_US#gid=0)

roll initiative and place yourself in the room on the left side of the map.

Volthawk
2011-08-18, 02:36 PM
Hewa grins. "Well then, let's get this started, then."

Initiative: [roll0]

Essence_of_War
2011-08-19, 01:44 PM
Initiative!
[roll0]

Let's take these things down! cries Alan. He hurls a javelin at the goblin in front of him. After the javelin leaves his hand, he moves to draw his warhammer and advances into the room shouting I'm moving to take the one on the left!

Action:

Std: Throw Javelin at goblin 1
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Move: Move to G5 by F6-G5, as a part of hte move action, ready my warhammer.

Bookkeeping:

2 Javelins unthrown

THEChanger
2011-08-19, 02:07 PM
Matt took careful aim, and let his crossbow bolt fly at one of the goblins.
Attacking Goblin 1.
To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Volthawk
2011-08-19, 02:23 PM
Hewa grins and walks into the room, humming as a ball of electricity forms in his hand, flying towards one of the goblins.

Moving to D7 then casting Lesser Orb of Electricity at Goblin 3.

Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-19, 02:37 PM
The goblins regain their composure as the arrow and orb fly past without hitting anything. Two of them approach Hewa but fortunately they can't hit any better.
The third one moves up with its warmace ready, but otherwise doesn't act.

Alan throws a javelin, but it misses as well.

Alan

If you want to adjust your move, go ahead otherwise you will move to D6 with your mace drawn.

Essence_of_War
2011-08-19, 02:59 PM
DM:

D6 is perfectly fine with me. I think I meant to say warhammer

You're fast creature, but not fast enough! He raises his warhammer and strikes viciously at goblin 1.

Action:

Attack roll: [roll0]

Bookkeeping:

AC: 21, Touch 11, FF 20

2 Javelins unthrown

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-19, 03:04 PM
Goblin 1 crumbles under the blow of the warhammer.

Volthawk
2011-08-23, 02:47 PM
Hewa steps back from the goblin, firing another electrical sphere at it.

5-ft stepping away from Goblin 3 to B7 and casting Lesser Orb of Electricity.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Man, my rolls have been crap...

firemagehao
2011-08-23, 09:57 PM
Ulfar charges the nearest goblin, pulling a morningstar from his side, smashing both of his weapons into the puny flesh-rag that is his foe. activating wolf fang strike
to hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]
-6 to AC for the turn

THEChanger
2011-08-23, 10:43 PM
Matt takes aim once more, but instead of shooting a bolt from his crossbow, he lobs a blob of acid at the goblins.
Goblin 2 is about to get a face full of acid!
Acid Splash Cantrip. 1d3 Acid damage, ranged touch attack.
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-24, 10:49 AM
Goblin 3 avoids Hewa's blast of electricity but becomes a mere splatter on Ulfgar's morningstar.

Goblin 2 drops the weapon in its hand and grabs a javelin that was resting against the wall. It tosses it with a shriek of desperation and manages to stick it into Ulfgar for 3 damage. The goblin looks like it is ready to bolt at any moment.

Go ahead and post next actions.

Volthawk
2011-08-24, 10:53 AM
Clearly frustated at his lack of accuracy, Hewa mumbles a few words in Draconic and points at the last goblin, firing a missile of force at him.

Screw it, been missing so much, I'll cast Magic Missile instead.

Damage: [roll0]

CaeruliusVentus
2011-08-24, 11:11 AM
shouldn't that be 1d4+4 from WM edge?

The magic missile strikes the goblins forehead and topples over backward.

The world doesn't disappear, but you do see that the hallway ends without a door or window. However, there is a large hole in the hallway. Moving closer, you see that the hole has a ladder in it leading down to a cavernous room. Well illuminated in the room are 5 more goblins around a large creature on a large throne. The figure on the chair is holding a greatclub, though none of the occupants seem to have noticed your presence.

(this counts as an end of the combat and soon starting of another for the sake of encounter dependent abilities.)

Essence_of_War
2011-08-24, 11:12 AM
If goblin 2 is still standing:

Time for the old 1-2 punch! Alan moves quickly, to strike while the goblin is off-balance from the magic missile hit. He pushes his head down and makes a reckless charge at the second goblin!

If goblin 2 is felled by the magic missile:

Alan looks over at Hewa. Good shot, center-of-mass, bugger didn't have a chance. He smiles wryly. Alan moves to recover his javelin.

Action:

If goblin 2 is standing:
Action: Charge Goblin 2!
Attack: [roll0]

If goblin 2 is dead, move to recover my javelin.

Bookkeeping:

AC: 21, Touch 11, FF 20 (-2 from charge)

3 Javelins un-thrown

Volthawk
2011-08-24, 11:17 AM
Yeah, it was 1d4+4.

Spellwise, I still have 6 cantrips and 1 1st level spell left.

Hewa shrugs. "I guess so. Still annoyed about how the orbs missed, though."

Essence_of_War
2011-08-24, 04:46 PM
Would have made some awfully crispy goblin.

Alan puts his warhammer back in it's holder at his belt and readies a javelin.
He advances slowly forward to get a better view and then whispers:

Looks like you've got a few bigger fish to try your hand at frying. We may have the drop on them, let's press the advantage.

firemagehao
2011-08-24, 10:10 PM
Ulfar smashes his mace into the goblin with all his might.
1d20+8[/roll], [roll0]+[roll1]... roll fixed here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11712701#post11712701).
He activates punishing stance for the d6 of damage, which he forgot to do earlier because of his low int.

Essence_of_War
2011-08-31, 11:27 PM
After sizing up the enemies for a moment, Alan advances to the edge of the pit and hurls a javelin at goblin 2.

Action:

Hoping for a javelin toss in the surprise round, if not my initiative is posted in the OOC thread.

Attack: 1d20+5
Damage: 1d6+4

Bookkeeping:

2 Javelins un-thrown

Luca
2011-09-01, 09:13 AM
"If no one else wants to" Joran muttered to himself before descending down the ladder and leaping in the direction of the goblins.

[roll0] roll to avoid the 10ft of falling damage

Sudden leap move distance: [roll1]

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-01, 09:45 AM
Alan's javelin pins goblin 2 to the floor and alerts the rest to your presence. They turn in time to see a figure climbing down the ladder and leaping into their midst.

Thus ends the surprise round and you won initiative.

I rolled Alan's attack and damage elsewhere since it got messed up in the thread. It was a hit for 5 damage.
Joran can adjust his jump to reflect that goblin 2 is down or just draw the weapon as part of his move action and go to town.

Luca
2011-09-01, 09:52 AM
Roaring with a look approaching happiness on his face Joran raced at goblin 3, sword hefted and swinging.

Move action to close the gap and draw weapon (since your letting me :smallsmile:)

Swift action to regain manuevers.

Standard action to MDK the goblin.
-To hit [roll0]
-Damage (which is largely un-needed) [roll1]

Volthawk
2011-09-01, 10:04 AM
At the top of the hole, next to Alan, Hewa points down at a goblin, firing more force missiles at it.

Casting Magic Missile at goblin 1, standing up at the top hallway, since so far my attack rolls have sucked.

Damage: [roll0]

THEChanger
2011-09-01, 04:51 PM
Matt, positioned at the edge of the hole, fires a crossbow bolt at the goblin Hewa's missiles were targeting. His offensive magic was not yet strong enough to deal effective damage, so he would stick to his weapon for now.
I see a Goblin 3, 4, and 5 down there. No 1 or 2. So, whichever goblin is getting hit by Magic Missiles, that's the one I'm shooting at. I'm assuming that in the downtime, Matt would have had time to reload and maneuver into position. If not, then I'm gonna spend a few rounds getting over to R5 from A6.
Rolls
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

firemagehao
2011-09-01, 05:23 PM
Ulfar charges goblin 3, bloodthirst in his eyes.
to hit:[roll0]
damage:[roll1]+[roll2]
Penalties:-8AC

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-01, 05:30 PM
Editted for Ulfar's last second action.
The magic missile takes out a goblin and the crossbow bolt accounts for another. Ulfar leaps down (taking 6 points of damage) but stays on his feet and is able to charge Goblin 3 and its short existence. The large figure rises and moves to within range of Joran and takes a mighty swing. The successful hit deals 16 damage and send a resounding crash through the room.

Goblin 6 becomes panicked and flees to the corner of the room (out of sight for those in tunnel).

Essence_of_War
2011-09-01, 11:35 PM
That thing packs some serious punch, keep your heads on down there!

Alan hurls a javelin at the large club-wielder!

He then tries to jump down into the pit to join the melee!

Action:

Std:

Move: Make an intentional jump down into the pit to join in the melee. Possibly ready my warhammer as part of the move action?
Jump Check to jump down: [roll2]

Bookkeeping:

1 Javelins un-thrown

Essence_of_War
2011-09-01, 11:36 PM
Rolls:

Damage:[roll1]

Jump Check:[roll2]

Luca
2011-09-02, 01:26 PM
Joran takes the blow, stunned for a moment, then strikes a blow roaring in anger.

Steely strike adds +4 to my to hit roll, foes other than my target are at +4 to hit me.

I power attack for two, upping damage by four

[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

After this there is a jump, perhaps a leap is more accurate as Joran sails across the room and then sprints behind the throne, pausing to catch his breath.

Essence_of_War
2011-09-02, 03:26 PM
Alan falls, like a rock, through the opening in the floor. He quickly recovers from the impact and readies his warhammer. Looking at the large thing:

Hey big guy, I've got a piece of steel with your name written ALL over it.

He quickly tosses a glance up to Matt and Hewa:

Any fire support would be MUCH appreciated!

Bookkeeping:

HP: 20/29 (11 pts of damage from the fall, reduced by DR)

1 Javelins un-thrown

THEChanger
2011-09-02, 07:18 PM
Matt reloaded as fast as he could. That big thing down there looked like it could be an issue.
Full-Round Reload time on Heavy Crossbows makes me sad. :,(

CaeruliusVentus
2011-09-12, 03:01 PM
I was hoping for an action by Ulfgar as he is kinda important at the moment, but alas his chance has passed.

The ogre swings the club and decks Ulfgar for 14 damage. It keeps its position but begins roaring something in guttural tone.

next round.

If you speak goblin:

A slew of not very nice regarding the nature of goblins and demanding they come to his aid is the basics of what it is saying.