PDA

View Full Version : Warsheep Commoner Flaw Prestige Class (3.5, WIP)

Morph Bark
2011-08-12, 03:31 PM
WARSHEEP

By AndrewDickman (http://tinyurl.com/2fmvzw) of DeviantART
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/343/0/2/022586f88655638b0e0a895de85bdbe2.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
BAB: BAB+6
Feats: Power Attack
Flaws: Weresheep (Dragon 330, page 87)
Skills: Control Shape 9 ranks, Intimidate 5 ranks
Special: Must have been subjected to the rage spell at least once before or have rage as a class ability

Weresheep
Theresheep!
Effect: You are afflicted with lycanthropy. Not such a flaw, right? Your hybrid and animal forms are of a harmless sheep (http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/converted/animal/sheep.htm). When in hybrid or animal form you suffer the effects of the Delicious (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109) flaw.

Class Skills
The following skills are considered class skills for a Warsheep: Climb (Str), Control Shape (Wis), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + Int

Hit Dice: d12

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Curse of the warsheep, sheep frenzy 1/day

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Combine forms, sheep power

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Sheepwarp, sheep power

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Improved sheepwarp, sheep power

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Greater sheepwarp, sheep power[/table]

Curse of the warsheep: You gain the curse of lycanthropy as other, normal lycanthropes as your curse becomes naturalized to you. Any humanoid or giant hit by a natural lycanthrope’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. If the victim’s size is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim cannot contract lycanthropy from that lycanthrope.

Sheep frenzy (Ex): A warsheep gains the ability to go into a sheep frenzy once per day. The warsheep gains +6 to Strength and must shift into his hybrid or sheep form immediately (which requires a DC 25 Control Shape check). This sheep frenzy lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1 + the warsheep's Constitution modifier. If the Control Shape check fails, the frenzy fails and the use is expended for that day.

While in sheep frenzy a warsheep cannot distinguish friend from foe as normal. It will not attack any sheep or weresheep in hybrid or sheep form, but other than that it will attack the nearest creature that it perceives.

Whenever you take more than 10 points of damage and still have a daily use of sheep frenzy remaining, you must make a Control Shape check with a DC equal to the amount of damage taken or shift into sheep form and activate its frenzy whether it wants to or not.

Combine forms (Su): Rather than simply taking on a form resembling a cross between your normal self and a sheep, when taking on your hybrid form you actually combine the mass and power of both. When using your hybrid form, you grow one size category larger than it was before (Large for Medium or smaller characters, Huge for Large and larger characters). This gives you size bonuses to Strength, Constitution and natural armor as normal, and a size penalty to Dexterity. Your speed increases by 10 ft in hybrid form as well.

Sheep power: At level 2, 3, 4 and 5 a warsheep gains a special sheep power, chosen from the list below.

Always Tasty
Normally you aren't affected by the Delicious flaw, only in hybrid or sheep form. Through this ability, you can use a swift action to make yourself be affected by the Delicious flaw while not in hybrid or sheep form. It takes a swift action to deactivate this ability again.

Electric Final Storm
Prerequisites: Electric Sheep sheep power, Electric Sheep Man sheep power, Static Sheep sheep power
You can apply all metamagic feats you have at once to either your call lightning or orb of electricity spell-like ability while you are in sheep frenzy. Afterwards you lose the ability to use that spell-like ability for the rest of the day and the next day as well. You can still use the other spell-like ability and can also use Electric Final Storm on that other spell-like ability if you choose to.

Electric Sheep
Prerequisites: Static sheep sheep power
Your static wool can launch discharges of electricity. When you hit someone with a non-reach melee weapon or natural weapon you may choose to deal an extra 1d6 electricity damage, but you lose your electricity resistance for 1 round. If you are hit by someone with a non-reach melee weapon or natural weapon, you may choose to deal this damage as an immediate action, but you also lose your electricity resistance for 1 round. You may not use this ability more than once per round.
If you also have the Static Wool Healing sheep power, the electricity immunity is instead turned into electricity resistance 20 and you don’t gain the healing benefit from electricity for 1 round.

Electric Sheep Man
Prerequisites: Electric Sheep sheep power, Static Sheep sheep power
You gain the ability to use call lightning and orb of electricity as spell-like abilities 1/encounter.

Fluffcuddle
Prequisites: Thick Fluff sheep power
When you cuddle with someone, you grant them the benefit of your Thick Fluff sheep power. If they sleep during this time they heal four times as fast. If you cuddle with a sleeping subject that is infected with a disease for at least 8 hours, the disease's effect is halted for that day, it's incubation time extended or its effect negated for that day.

Frenzier From Dawn 'Til Dusk
You can use your sheep frenzy two extra times each day.

Frenzy Master
Prerequisites: Destructive Rage feat, Intimidating Rage feat, warsheep level 4
The Strength bonus from your sheep frenzy increases to +8 and you can use your sheep frenzy one extra time each day.

Gurz Koth!
Prerequisites: We are the Fighting Dol-Hai! sheep power, ability to speak Orcish, proficient with medium armor, warsheep level 5
When you flank an enemy with an orc ally, the flanking bonus is doubled and also applies to damage you deal you with slashing weapons. These effects affect both you and the orc you flank the enemy with. If you flank an enemy with multiple orcs, this affects all the orcs with whom you are considered to be flanking the enemy. Those not wielding slashing weapons (including yourself) only gain the increased flanking bonus to attack rolls.

Militant Sheep
You gain a Fighter bonus feat.
Special: You can only take this sheep power twice.

Naturalized Weresheep
Your damage reduction/silver increases by 1 point per class level.

Shieldsheep
In sheep form you can still use shields by attaching them to your arm beforehand. You can even use multiple shields (up to 4) at once and have the shield bonuses stack, but if you use multiple shields their effective shield bonus goes down by 1 per extra shield beyond the first (to a minimum of half the original shield bonus per shield). Shield bonuses granted by spells or magical items other than shields do not stack in this manner.

Static Sheep
You’ve got static wool which offers you some protection. You gain electricity resistance 5, which increases by 5 at class level 3 and again at 4 and 5 for a maximum of 20.

Static Wool Healing
Prerequisites: Static sheep sheep power, warsheep level 5
You gain immunity to electricity. Any electricity damage you take instead heals you by 1 hit point for every 3 points of damage it would have otherwise dealt.

Tanky Sheep
Prerequisites: Naturalized Weresheep sheep power, warsheep level 5
The bonuses from your sheepwarp double in sheep form to +16 Dexterity, Constitution and natural armor, but you function as if your are wearing heavy armor (run at x3 speed, lowered base land speed). The bonuses from sheepwarp are still at only +8 for your hybrid form.

Thick Fluff
In sheep or hybrid form you do not take damage from environmental heat or cold and falling damage is halved.

We are the Fighting Dol-hai!
Prerequisites: ability to speak Orcish, proficient with medium armor, warsheep level 4
You gain a +10 foot movement bonus to your land speed during your sheep frenzy as long as you don’t wear heavy armor. The orc double axe becomes a martial weapon for you. You gain a +4 bonus on Diplomacy, Intimidate and Perform checks against orcs and you can make use of epic uses of these skills when dealing with orcs. The DC for turning helpful orcs fanatic is lowered by 15, but after an orc is turned fanatic by you once the DC becomes normal again for subsequent attempts.

Sheepwarp (Su): While in hybrid or sheep form, the bonuses to Dexterity, Constitution and natural armor granted by your sheepness double to +4 Dex, +4 Con and +4 natural armor. At level 4 these bonuses increase to +6 and at level 5 they increase to +8.

Adaptation
Like all lycanthropes, a weresheep gains +2 Wisdom, low-light vision, scent and +2 natural armor in any form (this +2 natural armor stacks with the sheep’s natural armor, but only in hybrid and sheep forms) and Damage Reduction 5/silver in animal or hybrid form (a weresheep does not gain the curse of lycanthropy).
Furthermore, by RAW, one could interpret the feat as saying that the weresheep’s hybrid form is also just a sheep, in essence meaning that the weresheep normally has no hybrid form. If you use this reading, grant the warsheep a hybrid form as normal for lycanthropes upon entering the prestige class at level 1.

EdroGrimshell
2011-08-12, 04:11 PM
Glad to see another one of these Morph. I made one of these a while back (never posted) which i just called the wereram, it was only three levels but i can't wait to see your interpretation of it :smalltongue:

BillyBobJoe
2011-08-12, 04:17 PM
You should use this for your picture:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Google-Battlesheep-Battleship-Ad.jpg

:smalltongue:

Bhu
2011-08-13, 06:48 PM
FINALLY! :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2011-08-14, 06:21 AM
Filled in some of the things.

What, it's not done you say? Well of course not, you know me! I save the best for last. :smallwink:

Doorhandle
2011-08-14, 06:33 AM
Hilarious. Makes me want to roll up sheep-man now.

Morph Bark
2011-08-14, 08:53 AM
A number of abilities have been put up. :smallamused:

The Tasted has also been linked via the Delicious flaw in the spoiler.

Cieyrin
2011-08-14, 10:17 AM
Oh man, I totally would have pursued this with my Commoner/Half-Orc Paragon/Barn God for that short-lived game we had for Commoner Flaw PrCs. Shiny! :smallbiggrin:

Pyromancer999
2011-08-14, 12:48 PM
A good Commoner Flaw-Based Prestige Class once again, Morph Bark. However, after careful analysis, I have deduced that this is the hybrid form of a Weresheep that takes more than one electricity-related Sheep Power:

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/flaaffy.jpg

And the sheep form:

http://rawhe.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/mareep.jpg

ExemplarofAvg
2011-08-14, 07:46 PM
A good Commoner Flaw-Based Prestige Class once again, Morph Bark. However, after careful analysis, I have deduced that this is the hybrid form of a Weresheep that takes more than one electricity-related Sheep Power:

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/flaaffy.jpg

And the sheep form:

http://rawhe.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/mareep.jpg

That's all I could think of the whole time as well.

Morph Bark
2011-08-15, 10:55 AM
That's all I could think of the whole time as well.

I do not see this as a negative trait. :smallamused:

I've added the Electric Final Storm, Frenzy Master, Militant Sheep, Shieldsheep and Tanky Sheep sheep powers, which means that right now, if you choose to focus on one specific group of those powers, you have the choice to build either a sheep meatshield, an electric melee warlock of sorts or an orc war horde commander.

Cieyrin
2011-08-15, 11:09 AM
Sheep Frenzy talks about failing a Control Shape check to willingly go into Frenzy, yet no DC is listed.

Also, the table mixes up sheep powers and sheep warp compared to the text.

Morph Bark
2011-08-15, 04:10 PM
Sheep Frenzy talks about failing a Control Shape check to willingly go into Frenzy, yet no DC is listed.

Also, the table mixes up sheep powers and sheep warp compared to the text.

Fixed. Sheep powers were first called sheepwarps and sheepwarp was first called sheep power, hence why. Also, the Control Shape check was meant to be a normal one, so adding that.

Cieyrin
2011-08-15, 06:37 PM
Fixed. Sheep powers were first called sheepwarps and sheepwarp was first called sheep power, hence why. Also, the Control Shape check was meant to be a normal one, so adding that.

Not quite fixed on teh Sheepwarp/Sheep Power front at levels 2 & 3. :smalltongue:

EdroGrimshell
2011-08-16, 12:35 PM
Hey Morph, mind me making one for Incomprehencible Accent, XP Farm, and Nagging Cough? Or are you already working on those? I may also be able to think one up for Dirt Farmer later on.

Morph Bark
2011-08-16, 07:01 PM
Not quite fixed on teh Sheepwarp/Sheep Power front at levels 2 & 3. :smalltongue:

Watchu talkin' 'bout, Willis? :smalltongue:

Or are you already working on those?

I got some nifty ideas for those and had actually been thinking of incorporating ideas for the Incomprehensible you sent me a while back. I have thoughts for the others as well. The Dirt Farmer will be some kind of barbarian/caster, fluff-wise, in a way. If you feel inspired though, feel free to comment once I got them up and help them become fully fledged. :smallwink:

Also added the Thick Fluff and Fluffcuddle sheep powers.

Furthermore, to those who might be interested, there is now recruiting going on for a new campaign (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11649007#post11649007) involving the Commoner Flaw PrCs, among other things.

EdroGrimshell
2011-08-16, 09:30 PM
I got some nifty ideas for those and had actually been thinking of incorporating ideas for the Incomprehensible you sent me a while back. I have thoughts for the others as well. The Dirt Farmer will be some kind of barbarian/caster, fluff-wise, in a way. If you feel inspired though, feel free to comment once I got them up and help them become fully fledged. :smallwink:

Cool, I do have some ideas for Nagging Cough being the carrier of diseases kind of thing, able to manipulate and make his own and utilize them as poisons kind of thing. Just an idea.

The XP Farm would have been the hardest if XP wasn't essentially life force, i have it as sort of "building" living astral construct/eidolons out of that XP they have in a specific pool which they gain further access to each level.

I like how you describe Dirt Farmer and i'm glad you'll be using a modified version of the Incomprehensible i sent :smallbiggrin:

Doorhandle
2011-08-18, 06:29 AM
Back onto the warsheep, I think it should have some more uses/per day for sheep frenzy.

Otherwise, I think it's fine.

Morph Bark
2011-08-18, 02:05 PM
The Frenzy Master already in place can give you an extra use of Frenzy at level 5. I have however now also added the Frenzier From Dawn 'Til Dusk sheep power that grants two more uses.