PDA

View Full Version : Lifting Trees

ExemplarofAvg
2011-08-12, 05:23 PM
So you see it many different places, the strongman type character who lifts up a wooden/steel/concrete board/beam/pillar and begins to hit someone with it. Is this statted for anywhere? I've thought of using a Large Adamantine Greatclub as far as stats are concerned but 2d8 seems off to me. Some examples are Franky's Concrete Nunchuks, The Timburr line of Pokemon and just those types of characters. Is there a bludgeonding weapon that will deal more than 2d8 20/x2 (Even the x2 bothers me a bit)

Cog
2011-08-12, 05:59 PM
You could go for a Drunken Master build, using Superior Unarmed Strike instead of Monk levels so that you keep progressing unarmed damage while getting your improvised weapon bonus dice as well. It does require a little finesse to meet the requirements and negate improvised weapon penalties, but it's entirely doable.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-12, 07:23 PM
You could go for a Drunken Master build, using Superior Unarmed Strike instead of Monk levels so that you keep progressing unarmed damage while getting your improvised weapon bonus dice as well. It does require a little finesse to meet the requirements and negate improvised weapon penalties, but it's entirely doable.

Drunken Master requires FoB, despite the fact that the fluff text says that rumors abound of the barbarian who became a great drunken master. I'm pretty sure they just copied it off whatever the 3.0 version had for fluff text, and then changed the prerequisites and the mechanics.

agahii
2011-08-12, 08:38 PM
Id take the break DC and hardness of the amount of thickness the tree is with unarmed damage, then see if the str of the character is double enough to lift it over the head, then the character throws the tree doing reflex save of 15 to avoid. At this point the damage is 1d6 per so much weight(I forget). Used as a weapon, it is a up to colossal greatclub(damage ect) but with a -4 pen for improvised, and with -4 to hit per size category above the character's.

Cog
2011-08-12, 10:33 PM
Drunken Master requires FoB...
Thus the bit where I said it required some finesse. :smalltongue:

Disciple of the Eye grants Flurry without giving Monk unarmed progression, though it requires the dragonblood subtype in addition to other things.