PDA

View Full Version : New World IC, Group 2

Bhaakon
2011-08-12, 10:16 PM
It was late afternoon on the 45st day of the voyage when the sharp-eyed half-elf cried down from the crow's nest, "Land Ho!" The excitement was palpable as the coastline crept into view, finally filling the horizon to confirm that it wasn't just another island. Captain Smythe and the navigator busily sighted landmarks, checked charts, and poured through rutters before confirming that they'd hit Arcadia a few days sail south of Anchor's End.

Fearing to sail the unplumbed depths of the Arcadian coast without the benefit of daylight, the Captain guided the ship to anchor in a sheltered cove for the night. A small shore party sent to restock the ship's dwindling fresh water returned with some fruit and a sizable deer, and the celebration as on.

You're fairly certain that the crew drank up the ship's remaining supply of grog, and your headache speaks to your own share in that feat. You could still hear the party continuing below decks-more than a few of the men having cracked open their private stashes of rotgut, even as you retired for the night to your cramped cabin.

Some time around midnight you are awakened by a knock at the door. "I'm rather embarrassed to ask this of passengersh," Captain Smythe slurs, having partaken himself, "but mosht o' the crew is passed out in their berthsh. Would you join me on the shecond watch?"

Steckie
2011-08-13, 06:45 AM
Olvolen

"Gods, you wake me up because the crew can't hold their liquor? That's just plain annoying. You're lucky that i'm in a good mood because of that deer the crew cooked, but i'd still like some sort of compensation for doing a job that's not mine. I'd say 5 gold is a fair price."

Olvolen stands up, throws the blankets on the floor and stretches his muscles a little bit. He grabs his gear and checks his crossbow. He looks at the captain, than sniffs the air around him. The smell of alcohol stings in his nostrils. "Seems like you're on the edge of passing out, just like the crew, captain."

BlueInc
2011-08-13, 11:04 AM
Ossett rolls out of bed, his head pounding. He mutters curses under his breath, clutching his head. The spirits scold him for taking the outsider's fire-water and letting his guard down. He digs around in his bag for a flask of Alchemist's Kindness but finds none.

He glances at Captain Smythe and feels a sick feeling in his stomach that has nothing to do with the booze; no one on the boat is in any condition to fight - someone could have come on board and slit all their throats easily.

"I'll help. It'll be safer with more people."

Rokku
2011-08-13, 04:31 PM
Brom swings himself out of his hammock, immediately drawing and checking over his revolver as a matter of course.

"Certainly captain," says the doctor, fetching his tinted spectacles from a pocket and donning them, "security is of course paramount. I did try to warn your men to go light on the booze."

Bhaakon
2011-08-13, 06:29 PM
"Five gold? Go back ter bed then, mate, and I hope yuh don't find yershelf at the wrong end of a buccaneer's cutlassh when yuh wake!"

Those who agreed to help step out of your cramped cabin into the cool night. A heavy fog has settled over the ship during your rest, bringing with it preternaturally still air. The ship's many lanterns do little to penetrate the gloom, their light reflected back after a few paces. You can barely see the bow some 50 feet away, and that only as vague outlines. The rhythmic slap of waves against the hull and the distant crash of surf on a beach provides the only sensory evidence that you're even still on Golarion.

"Aye, thank 'ee kindly fer takin' the watch with me. Just pick a shpot an keep an eye out. Maybe the lollygaggersh will come around later." The Captain trundles off to a hatch leading below decks, mumbling, "I'll shee about rousin' the cook an gettin' shomethin' warm to drink." Somehow you doubt you'll ever see that drink.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?data=%7B%22Char%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2 C%22template%22%3A1%2C%22x%22%3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3A 160%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A%39%2C%22template%22%3A%39% 2C%22x%22%3A0%2C%22y%22%3A32%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A3% 2C%22template%22%3A3%2C%22x%22%3A1%392%2C%22y%22%3 A128%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A5%2C%22template%22%3A5%2C% 22x%22%3A0%2C%22y%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22id%22%3A7%2C%2 2template%22%3A7%2C%22x%22%3A32%2C%22y%22%3A0%7D%5 D%2C%22Scena%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A1%2C%22active%2 2%3A1%2C%22map%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fi1230.photobuc ket.com%2Falbums%2Fee4%398%2FBhaakon%2FGroup2shipM ap1.jpg%22%7D%5D%2C%22CharProto%22%3A%5B%7B%22size %22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F30.pn g%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Osset%22%2C%22initiative%22 %3A0%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pi c%22%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F32.png%22%2C%22name% 22%3A%22Flinn%20Zantoma%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0% 2C%22id%22%3A%39%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%2 2%3A%22%2Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F1.png%22%2C%22name%22%3 A%22Brom%20Ganth%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id %22%3A3%7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2 Fmedia%2Ftokens%2F33.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Olvo len%20Ysk%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22%3A5 %7D%2C%7B%22size%22%3A1%2C%22pic%22%3A%22%2Fmedia% 2Ftokens%2F28.png%22%2C%22name%22%3A%22Kenn-Eyed%20Krosk%22%2C%22initiative%22%3A0%2C%22id%22% 3A7%7D%5D%7D&dpi=32&grid=0) For some reason it's not showing the grid coordinates, so you'll have to figure it yourself until they fix it/I figure out what I did wrong. It's not hard, alphabetical left to right, numerical vertically (1 at the top, 16 at the bottom). All ship coordinates will be D through Q and 4 through 7, so you did it wrong if you're outside those ranges

Perception checks from everyone who decides to help with the watch

Steckie
2011-08-14, 02:04 AM
Olvolen

"Can't blame a man for trying, right?" Olvolen says with a little smile on his face. "I'll join you on deck, i'm not interested in a cutlass to my throat. I'd prefer to sell that cutlass for a healthy profit."

Olvolen, still holding his gear and crossbow, takes the stairs up to the deck. Sticking his head out on deck, Olvolen is surprised at the amount of mist that's floating around.
"Seems like it'll be a nervous watch with mist like this. You never know what is just beyond the border of what you can see. Anyway, my name is Olvolen Ysk, merchant by trade. I think i've seen the rest of you walk around the ship before, but i don't think we've actually met before?"

The grid itself doesn't even load for me. So i'm not sure where Olvolen should stand. Perhaps i'll just take the bow of the ship. So that'll be D5 i think?
Perception check: [roll0]

Bhaakon
2011-08-14, 02:30 AM
Here's the map
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Group2Boat1.jpg

I'll identify characters by their initial and posting color.

You've got 24 hours to check in, roll your perception check, and pick a spot on the boat or I'll NPC those decisions (sorry to be harsh, but my experience is that keeping a PBP game moving quickly is the best way to keep it alive)

giles92
2011-08-14, 08:49 AM
"I'm up, I'm up! I'll take up post near the ships rear, if you don't mind. Can never be too careful when it comes to people following you."

Flinn stretches with a grunt when he reaches the ship's stern. You'd think years of sleeping on cots and grass would have toughened him up a bit, but anyone who thinks that is probably not Taldoran. Adjusting the sheathe on his back, he tries to strike up a conversation. Idle talk keeps people awake, if nothing else.

"Names Flinn, but my friends call me Flin. The nickname doesn't have a second n. You lot here for the gold or just because everyones got a picture with your name and face."

Perception- [roll0]. On 6d.

BlueInc
2011-08-14, 08:59 AM
"I am called Ossett of the Skoan-Quah. I travel where the spirits guide me."

Ossett walks to the main mast. He fuddles with the sack on his back and pulls out a small piece of leather. He chants under his breath and then places the object back in his bag.

Standing at J6. Casts Mage Armor. Perception [roll0]

BlueInc
2011-08-14, 09:01 AM
Dice rolled didn't work. Perception [roll0]

Fallout
2011-08-14, 09:47 AM
Keen-Eye grumbles as he Makes his way out on deck, Falchion in hand. He wordlessly stands by the rest of the group waiting on further orders.

Steckie
2011-08-14, 01:04 PM
Olvolen

"So do we call you Flinn or Flin?" Olvolen asks him. "Not that it bloody matters, it sounds the same to me." He mumbles this last sentence, making sure Flin doesn't hear him.

"I'm here to start a new shop. Well, eventually anyway, i still need the money for it. I lost everything back in Westcrown and i'm planning to start over in Anchor's End. So basiclally, yes, i'm here for the gold."

giles92
2011-08-14, 10:22 PM
Laughing Flinn replied "So you wait for all the adventurers to get a ass full skraeling arrows hauling the gold back to Anchors End and then get rich off their new found wealth. Kind of wish I had thought of that."

Rokku
2011-08-14, 10:45 PM
"Doctor Bromden Ganth," says Brom, tipping his hat, "pleasure to meet you all. I'm... searching."

Rokku
2011-08-14, 10:54 PM
"Doctor Bromden Ganth," says Brom, tipping his hat, "pleasure to meet you all. I'm... searching."

Bhaakon
2011-08-15, 03:42 AM
Completely absorbed in explaining the intricacies of his nickname, Flinn fails to pick out the faint, rhythmic splash of practiced rowers from the distant rumble of breakers on the beach.

Fortunately, the others in the group are more observant. They turn towards the unnatural sound just in time to see a trio of skraeling canoes emerge from the misty darkness. Each boat features a pair of bare-chested archers covered in a striking body-paint consisting of black whorls and vaguely animal-like designs. You've spotted them a moment earlier than they'd expected, and they have yet to knock their arrows.

Had to NPC Bromden and Krosk's perception check, but they both made them easily

I'm doing block intiative, with all enemies rolling one shared initiative and the group divided into before and after enemies blocks

Ossett: 22
Krosk: 20 (won tie-breaker)
enemies: 20
Bromden: 13
Flinn: 12
Olvolen: 6

Everyone but Flinn may act in the surprise round. Since Ossett won the initiative, and to keep things moving quickly, I'm going to let everyone who made their perception check act in the surprise round before the skraelings. We'll go back to normal initiative blocks in the first full round.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/Boatbattle_G1RS.jpg

Notes:
A= archers
R=Rowers
-each player IDed by initial and color (except Krosk, who has no color yet; and I'm using Olvolen's second initial to avoid confusion with Ossett)

Special: The thick fog grants concealment from ranged attacks at 20 ft (thats 20% miss chance) and complete concealment at 40 ft (50% miss).

Ossett, Krosk, Bromden, and Olvolen have 24 hours to post their surprise round actions.

Steckie
2011-08-15, 04:42 AM
Olvolen

At first Olvolen barely notices the sound, but with the mist obscuring the he's able to really focus on where the sound is coming from. It's coming from the front of the boat. And from the south. It's a rhytmic sound. It sounds a bit like......rowing?
Suddenly he sees it. Two canoes in front of their boat, and one in the south.
"Crap, incoming boats!" Olvolen says and he quickly conjures magical protection around him.

Casting Mage Armor on Olvolen.

BlueInc
2011-08-15, 08:10 AM
Ossett's face grows dull and skull-like as he sees the approaching ships. His eyes roll back in his head and a low, husky voice not his own begins chanting:

"Kil-uk nijoj grulhai bou gil nijoj..."

Casts Web (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/web) on the boat occupying S1-V1

Rokku
2011-08-15, 04:18 PM
Bromden moves to J6, drops to a knee to use the ship's railing as cover, and takes aim on the southern canoe.

Bhaakon
2011-08-16, 04:19 AM
Ossett's spell envelops the northern most canoe in a cocoon of webbing, entangling all aboard in thick webbing. The lack of rowing slows the boat considerably, but two of the skraelings manage to quickly tear through the sticky strands and free themselves.

A quartet of arrows streak towards Olvolen, the most exposed figure on deck. He speeds through the arcane ritual required to summon an armor of invisible force, but not before one shaft catches him in the gut and another in the shoulder. He grits his teeth through the pain and completes the casting, with the final pair of arrows bouncing off his magical protection.

Olvolen: 8 hp damage

Bromden draws his revolver as he sprints across the deck and dives behind the ship's railing, in search of a more advantageous vantage for his gun-play.

Krosk shadows the gunslinger, also crouching behind the railing to wait for some skraeling necks to come within reach of his falchion.

Sorry Krosk, 24 hours are up so I NPCed your turn

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BB_G2R1.jpg
special: dense fog hampers ranged attacks, 20 ft = concealment (20% miss), 40 ft= complete concealment 50% miss)
A=archer
R=rower
Purple= stuck in web

Ossett and Krosk, 24 hours for your first full round actions.

BlueInc
2011-08-16, 08:58 AM
Ossett's eyes snap back the sound of flying arrows. He sees the grievous wounds in his new ally's side and rushes towards him. He drops to the deck of the ship to avoid the hail of arrows. A strange, mystical light pours from the witchdoctor's hands as he touches the sorcerer's wounds.

"Feel better? Now get DOWN, you fool!".

Moves to K5. Drops prone (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Prone) as a free action. Uses Healing Hex on Olvolen, healing 1d8+3 = [roll0] damage.

Steckie
2011-08-16, 09:54 AM
Ignore this, wrong thread.

Bhaakon
2011-08-17, 05:02 AM
Ossett's assistance proves invaluable, since Olvolen's position as the most exposed man on deck continues to draw the skraeling's arrows like a magnet. Three obsidian-tipped shafts embed themselves in the deck around the sorcerer--narrowly missing the shoanti's extended hand--while a fourth bounces off Olvolen's magical armor. The fifth finds a chink in his armor, diving into his left elbow.

Olvolen: 4 hp damage

Meanwhile, the canoes continue to advance, the northern-most nearly back to full speed as its second rower tears through the entangling webbing.

Krosk continues to take cover behind the railing, waiting for a chance to put his sword-arm to use.

NPCed Krosk again, sorry but got to keep moving.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BB_G2R2.jpg

Everyone can take their next turn now, 24 hours

BlueInc
2011-08-17, 08:55 AM
Fear and anger surge through Ossett (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=21840)'s body. Trembling with range, he stands, points his finger at an archer, and screams in a shaking voice, "Curse you! Curse you all! Loathsome thieves and raiders, your doom has come upon you!"

Stands as a move action. Uses his Evil Eye hex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch#TOC-Hex) on the archer in M2. -2 to attack rolls for 7 rounds unless he makes a DC 15 Will save; a successful save reduces the duration to 1 round.

Steckie
2011-08-17, 11:21 AM
Olvolen

Realising that standing there conjuring armor for himself while in the line of sight of all the archers was probably pretty dumb, Olvolen finally snaps into action. He quickly moves to the railing and falls to the floor for cover.
He hesitates for a moment, not sure on what to do, but suddenly he takes action. He uses his innate magic to make on of the rowers his best friend. As soon as he feels the connection to the man appear in his mind, he yells out to him: "Hey mate, want to help me pull a prank on your friends? Try to flip the boat, it'll be hilarious!"

5-foot step to K6 and dropping prone
Casting Charm Person (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/charm-person) on the rower at L10 to take out the southern boat. I tell him to flip the boat if he can. If he fails, at least he'll rock the boat hard enough to hinder the archers.
Will negates, DC 15.
Charisma check if needed: [roll0]

Hope i didn't just happen to find the most humorless man alive and tell him to pull a prank :smallsmile:

Fallout
2011-08-18, 10:22 AM
OOC: Sorry for not posting: I was moving and my internet was not set up. I"m back and can post daily now.

Keen-Eye grabs a Javelin off of his back and throws it at the attacker at J,10.

Attack:
Damage:[roll1d6+4

giles92
2011-08-18, 12:58 PM
Well, so much for getting an ass full of skraeling arrows. That would have worked so well with his earlier joke. It would seem the natives are unwilling to accommodate his humor.

Flinn quickly cast some get up and go magic before vaulting over the railing.

Cast Expeditious Retreat and jump over the railing onto the space behind Bromden. Acrobatics [roll0]

Bhaakon
2011-08-18, 06:49 PM
Ossett's rage hits the archer like a physical blow, and the man flinches as the shaonti witch projects his arcane will. He quickly recovers, however, and Osset can tell that the curse didn't quite have the desired impact.

Olvolen's spell is much more effective, and the charmed skraeling ceases his rowing with a dumbfounded look towards hi fellows. The sorcerer's shouts suggestions to man, but the raider obviously has no grasp of the common tongue. No words are needed, however, as the charmed skraeling tackles an archer taking aim as his new "ally", upending the unstable canoe and tossing all its occupants into the water.

Flinn finally jumps to action, quite literally, vaulting down from the stern castle after completing a spell to hasten his steps. The landing isn't his best, but thankfully the others are too busy to notice. Despite the stumble, Flinn speeds across the deck to support his allies.

Krosk tires of waiting for boarders, drawing and javelin and hurling it into the belly of the closest archer. The man is grievously wounded, but not out of the fight.

Bromden finally strikes as well, drawing a bead on the second archer in the nearest canoe. His shot catches the man in thigh, the lead ball blasting clear through the man's flesh and drilling a small hole in the side of the skraelings' boat.

Despite these efforts, two of the canoes have managed to pull alongside the ship. The archers in each--save the one who continues to struggle to escape Ossett's web--drop their bows and pick up crude wooden grappling hooks. Despite their primitive appearance, all three hooks snag in the ship's rigging.

No damage for anyone

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BB_G2R3.jpg

24 hours for everyone to post their next round actions

BlueInc
2011-08-19, 09:13 AM
Ossett's heart sinks as he sees the grappling hooks land true. "There isn't much time..." he mutters as he lets the spirits take control.

He sways in place, in a trance. Raising his hands to the sky, he lets forth a mad cackle. An explosion of glowing ectoplasm leaps from his hands and flies above a canoe. It bursts in a blinding display, then falls in little particles over them.

Uses Cackle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch#TOC-Hex) as a move action to extend the duration of his Evil Eye hex for one round. Casts Glitterdust (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/glitterdust)at space K2. 10ft radius spread means all 4 tribesman must make a DC 16 Will save or be blinded for 3 rounds.

Fallout
2011-08-19, 10:46 AM
Keen-Eye Krosk takes his draws his falchion and tries to sever the grappling lines. Krosk remains stoic as ever saying nothing.

Steckie
2011-08-19, 11:58 AM
Olvolen

Still lying down on the hard deck, Olvolen raises his hand and speaks some words that are impossible to repeat for most people.
Two darts of magical energy spring out from his hand towards one of the rowers in the boat that just threw grappling hooks.

Magic Missile (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/magic-missile) at K7, 2 darts.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Bhaakon
2011-08-19, 11:57 PM
Ossett's otherworldly cackle staggers the cursed skraeling, temporarily reinforcing the power of the witch's hex. Even worse, the shaonti releases a blast of brightly glowing flecks that coats the canoe, blinding most of the men inside.

Olvolen's arcane darts speed unerringly towards the last rower in the starboard canoe, driving through the man's filthy bear-hide armor and into the flesh beneath.

Krosk skillfully draws his heavy falchion, easily slicing through the nearest boarding line. The skraeling trying to climb it falls back into his boat and once more reaches for his bow.

Flinn prepares his defenses against any additional arrows, but none are forthcoming.

Bromden pops over the railing once more to fire on the raiders, but his shot flies high as the canoe catches a trough and drops below his aim.

On the northernmost boat the final entangled skraeling finaly manages to burst free of Ossett's web, but he and his blinded companions have no opportunity to climb aboard just yet. On the starboard side there's more action, as a pair of skraelings, stone hatchets in hand, manage to climb their way up the only boarding line. Meanwhile two of the three skraelings spilled into the ocean by Olvolen's charmed friend swim for the starboard canoe and its boarding line; the third has his hands full just keep his head above water, and makes no progress.

Krosk may make and attack of opportunity against either skraeling on deck in addition to his normal round moves

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BBG2R4-1.jpg

white=blinded

Steckie
2011-08-21, 06:57 AM
Olvolen

Watching his magic arrows his the rower, but not kill him outright, Olvolen tries to fire them again at the man.

Magic Missile again at the same guy, i think he moved to I7
[roll0]
[roll1]

BlueInc
2011-08-21, 09:01 AM
"You're DEAD. You're DEAD. YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD!" Ossett screams swiveling to face another tribesman. "You have defied the spirit's will too long! I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!"

Continues cackling, keeping evil eye hex going. Uses evil eye hex on the tribesman in H5; -2 attack rolls for 7 rounds unless he makes the DC 15 will save... you know the drill. Edit: Forgot to make things blue!

giles92
2011-08-21, 01:16 PM
Flinn rushes the distance between himself and the nearest Skraeling, sword held high in attack position. This particular archer was going to find out why you don't get in sword swinging distance of a magus.

"I sincerely hope attacking our boat was worth it, because your about to experience what most civilized races would call overkill."

Flinn sends his raw arcane power from his hand and along the length of his oversized pig sticker. Add that to the magical enhancement he fed it just a minute ago and the sword started to look like a gift from the gods. Particularly, the ones who thought diplomacy was a way of making vegetable sandwiches.

Take a 5-foot step towards the archer on H5 and use both pool strike (fire) and the generic enhancement, 4/6 arcane pool. So that's sword attack=[roll0], sword damage=[roll1] and the fire damage=[roll2].

Fallout
2011-08-22, 11:04 AM
Krosk waits until another attacker boards the ship, and instead of swinging at the rope, swings at the attackers head.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Forgot to roll Stealth and Sneak Attack. Next time.

Bhaakon
2011-08-22, 05:17 PM
Ossett's laughter once more lends power to his curse, though this time the stumbling, blinded skraeling hardly seems to notice. He then turns his empowered gaze towards a skraeling on deck, who wilt under the glare.

Flinn's empowered sword proves more than effective, splitting the cursed boarder from shoulder to hip like a well-honed knife through through a cucumber sandwich. The man falls in two cleanly sliced diagonals.

Krosk bides his time, accepting a blow from a skraeling on deck in order to get a clear shot on the latest rope climber--cleanly lopping off the man's head with the heavy falchion.

Krosk: 4 hp damage

Olvolen's arcane bolts once more pierce the man in the boat, but he stubbornly shrugs off the pain. Seeing the headless corpse tumble down the line, he grasps the rope and swings along the hull, grabbing hold and scrambling aboard out of Krosk's reach.

Bromden coolly watches as the two waterlogged raiders try to climb into the nearest canoe. One makes it, the other falls back into the sea with a hole through his heart.

In the northernmost canoe, the only skraeling not blinded by Osset's spell hauls himself on deck. He draws a stone ax from his belt and advances a step on the spell-casters.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BBG2R5fit.jpg

Steckie
2011-08-23, 12:19 AM
Olvolen

Noticing the man that is coming up from behind them, Olvolen quickly reacts to protect their safe position. He stands up and casts a spell again to make the man his best friend.
Olvolen remembers the fact that the other man didn't seem to understand Common, so he tries to use hand signals to try and have him do somehting.
First he waves at the man, points at him and than he points at the back of the boat, signaling him to go that way.

Charm Person on K4. Will negates, DC 15.
Trying to use hand signals to make him go to the A-B-C regions of the boat. If i need some sort of check for this, tell me and i'll make it.

BlueInc
2011-08-23, 09:02 AM
Ossett jumps back from the archer in surprise. His laughter becomes shriller and shriller, rising to a terrifying screech.

Five foot adjustment to K6. Cackle as a move action. Cast Ear Piercing Scream (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/ear-piercing-scream) on the archer in H6 (DC 15).

BlueInc
2011-08-23, 11:20 PM
Oh eff. I just liked the daze effect, forgot about the damage XD [roll0] Edit: Good thing, too.

Fallout
2011-08-24, 02:13 PM
"You give good, but Krosk give better!"

Krosk let's swings his falchion at the skraeling who attacked him with all of his might and misses wildly!

Bhaakon
2011-08-25, 08:03 PM
The skraeling advancing on Olvolen shakes off the attempted enchantment and swings wildly with his stone hatchet. But the sorcerer's arcane armor proves stronger than the stone, easily turning the blow aside.

Seeing Olvolen in trouble, Bromden wheel and fires at the threatening skraeling. The bullet scores a solid hit on the man's shoulder, but doesn't take him down. Flinn stalks across the deck towards the boarder and brings down his bastard sword, slicing open his thigh. Still, the stubborn skraeling refuses to fall.

Osset moves clear, his shrill laughter rising ever higher. Just as the arcanely enhanced cackle moves beyond the range of normal hearing, one of the raiders cries out and grabs his ears, a thin trickle of blood emerging from under his hands. The injured skraeling lashes out at Krosk, missing badly as the aural assault has clearly taken a toll.

Though missing, the distraction is enough to throw Krosk's mighty swing wide. The man jumps back, clearing a way for the next skraeling to climb aboard.

Meanwhile the other boarder near the half orc begins shrieking and growling wildly, advancing a step and throwing himself at Krosk. The wild desperately stabs with his bronze short sword, and even tries to take a bite out of the rogue's arm, but Krosk nimbly avoids all the attacks.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BBG2R6.jpg

BlueInc
2011-08-26, 08:28 AM
Tears of laughter pouring down his face, Ossett raises his arms to the heavens and cries, "This is the pain you reap when you stand against the honored dead! The seas will boil! Your families will cry out for Death and Death will not answer them! The earth will turn its face away from you! There is no hope, only pain!"

Cackles. Uses Evil Eye Hex for -2 on attack rolls on an archer not yet affected. Could you mark the ones who have been affected somehow? Maybe a white dot on their letter?

Fallout
2011-08-26, 11:19 AM
Krosk mumbles under his breath, "Willl you die already?" as he continues his assault.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Steckie
2011-08-26, 11:50 AM
Olvolen

"Couldn't agree with you more, Krosk." Olvolen says while firing a magic missile at the man standing next to him.

Magic Missile at K4
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bhaakon
2011-08-28, 01:18 AM
More powerful missiles streak out from Olvolen's pointing fingers, pounding into the boarder's chest. Whatever shred of willpower was keeping the man on his feet gives way, and he collapses to the deck.

Krosk's falchion streaks towards the attacking barbarian, a silver flash mixed with crimson as it completes its deadly arc. The skraeling hugs an arm over the new slice in his belly, holding back the loop of intestine threatening to spill forth. Flinn jumps across the deck in a wild attempt to skewer the man, but misses wide. Bromden's bullet is on the mark, and drives deep into the skrealing's chest.

The pain of the grevious wounds hardly slows the crazed boarder as he throws himself at Krosk once more. His bronze sword digs a furrow in the rogue's thigh, and the skraeling's carefully filed teeth tear a chunk of flesh out of Krosk's sword-arm. The skraeling swallows the morsel with a bloody grin.

Krosk: 8 HP damage

The other skraeling beside Krosk draws back his hatchet to cut the half orc down, but freezes as he locks eyes with the cackling Shaonti's preternaturally spiteful gaze. Ossett's curse takes hold, and the hand ax buries itself in the railing instead of flesh.

The final skraeling on deck circles to strike at Flinn, but the nimble magus dances clear of the stone ax blade.

Meanwhile, on the northern-most canoe, Osset's blast of glowing dust begins to fade. Able to see once more, two of the skraelings manage to haul themselves on board, one of them taking a threatening step toward Olvolen. A third tangles himself in the thick webbing which still infests the small craft.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BBG2R7.jpg
purple = webbed
green = evil eye (flinn killed the second skraeling it was used on, which is why there are only 2)
black b = the barbarian with the sword

giles92
2011-08-28, 02:32 PM
Flinn launched an almost lazy attack at the nearest archer while he prepared to do some major damage.

"Just watch the sword hand. Pay no attention to my left."

Attack the archer on h4 with generic enhancement arcana 3/6 [roll0] damage [roll1]. After the attack cast True Strike/

BlueInc
2011-08-28, 02:37 PM
Ossett continues laughing disquietingly as he moves carefully across the deck of the ship. "Your time has not yet come, friend," he whispers as he touches Krosk's wounds.

Five foot adjustment to J5. Cackle as a move action. Use Healing Hex on Krosk. [roll0] Edit: Describing actions.

Steckie
2011-08-28, 02:50 PM
Olvolen

"Oh Crap" Olvolen thinks to himself when he sees 2 more skraelings board the boat on his side. The big men with swords were busy on the other side and he was left alone here.
He moves towards them for a bit more protection, drawing his crossbow and firing at one of them.

5 foot step to K6 since Ossett is gone from that square, drawing my crossbow and firing at K4

Fallout
2011-08-29, 12:30 PM
Krosk winces as the healing magic mends his wounds. He mutters what might have been a thanks Ossett before moving into a flanking position and attempting to filet his enemy.

Attack:[roll0] +2 From Flanking
Damage: Slashing[roll1] Sneak [roll2]

Bhaakon
2011-08-30, 01:57 AM
Flinn's slice is true, gutting the skraeling in front of him. The man falls to the deck in an expanding pol of blood. But the attack leaves the magus open to the skraeling behind him, and a wickedly sharp stone axe bounces along his ribs

Flinn: 3 HP damage.

Also, please be more specific in the future, there were two archers next to you.

Olvolen show's surprising dexterity with his crossbow, burying a bolt deep in the nearest boarder's gut. The pain clearly affects the man, as the subsequent ax swings fly wildly off course.

Ossett continues his mad laughter, lending power to his hexes. His hand takes on a pulsing blue glow as he touches Krosk, relieving some of the half orc's pain.

Rejuvenated, Krosk hacks at the barbarian with all his strength. The falchion bites deep, nearly halving the wild man at the waist. Clearly shaken by the fall of his powerful companion, the next nearest skraeling looses a half-hearted swing and misses badly.

Krosk, you've got to give me coordinates or your moves. I don't see how you could move into flanking position on any of the enemies.

Bromden fires at the last archer in the canoe off starboard. The bullet lodges deep in the man's chest, and he lurches into the water, quite dead.

In the northern canoe the last rower continues to fight against Ossett's webbing, stuck fast in his seat.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BB_G2R7.jpg

BlueInc
2011-08-30, 09:43 AM
Ossett grins manically at the barbarian. "The next blow... will break your pathetic spine... in half!" he gasps between fits of laughter.

Cackle as a move action. Use Evil Eye Hex on the barbarian the archer in A6 to lower his AC by 2.

Bhaakon
2011-08-30, 05:52 PM
Ossett, the barbarian's dead. Sorry that I wasn't clear. You can change your actions.

Steckie
2011-08-30, 10:10 PM
Olvolen

Seeing his succes with the crossbow, Olvolen again tries to fire at the man closest to him.

5-foot step to M5, firing my crossbow at K4

giles92
2011-08-31, 02:07 AM
"Maybe next time you can actually pierce the skin."

Flinn takes a 5-foot step towards the last archer, I3, and attacks using the flame pool strike arcana with true strike's power kicking in.
Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]+fire damage [roll2]

Bhaakon
2011-09-01, 02:17 AM
Olvolen works his crossbow desperately, leaving himself open for an overhand chop that manages to penetrate the sorcerer's armor

Olvolen: 7 damage

The pain hardly hinders his aim, as his bolt embeds itself in the boarder's neck. The skraeling falls to the deck, gurgling as he desperately claws at the inch of fletching protruding from his larynx.

Between cackles Ossett magically captures the gaze of the hapless archer, giving Krosk an opportunity to drive his falchion through the skraeling's gut. He stumbles to the railing and rolls over into the water as the half orc withdraws his sword.

Flinn rears back, confident in his ability to cleave the poor sod of a boarder with his arcanely accurate slice... but stumbles over loose rope. He catches himself before falling prone, but the attack is ruined and the spell expended. Fortunately, the awkward trip spoils the skraeling's attack as well, and the stone ax cuts nothing but the thick fog.

Sorry, the automatic miss on a natural 1 rule trumps true strike.

Bromden also takes aim on the last boarder standing, but is forced to shoot high as Flinn tumbles into his line of fire.

The skraeling on the northern-most canoe finally breaks free of his webbing, but he doesn't even bother to climb board. With his oar hopelessly trapped in the morass of webbing, he jumps over the side and begins to swim for shore.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee498/Bhaakon/BB_G2R8.jpg

Steckie
2011-09-01, 07:58 AM
Olvolen

Olvolen is confident the others can handle the last Skraeling archer standing on deck, and since he's injured he wont risk his life trying to kill him.
Instead, he moves to the side of the ship, out of harm's way.
He shouts to the others: "Capture this one if you can, perhaps we can question him."

Moving to H6 and waiting for you guys to kill or capture the last one.

BlueInc
2011-09-01, 08:08 AM
"Your friends have abandoned you. Give in and perhaps you will be spared," Ossett says, still chuckling to himself.

Cackle as a move action. Evil Eye Hex (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch#TOC-Hex) to lower the remaining savage's AC by 2.

giles92
2011-09-06, 04:34 AM
"Why do we always have to question the survivor? He and his mates tried to kill us, so we should just run him through and be done with it. I bet he doesn't even speak our language."

Flinn addresses the group in an annoyed tone, but doesn't take his eyes off the Skraeling for an instant.

Fallout
2011-09-06, 07:51 AM
Krosk sheathes his falchion and pulls out another javelin. He holds it at the ready, prepared to loose, should the last attacker flee or fight.

If the Attacker flees or fights.

Bhaakon
2011-09-09, 08:44 PM
The last archer looks at the corpses of his friends, then back at you. Coming to a decision, he leaps over the side of the boat. Krosk's javelin catches the man mid-leap, sticking in the skraeling' right buttock, but the wound only drives the man to swim harder. Soon, the only enemy left is the one under Olvolen's charm, floating passively by his upended canoe.

520 xp apiece

loot: the skraeling's equipment was effective, but crude and worthless, and they carried no money. All that's worth keeping is the barbarian's fine bronze shortsword.

spellcraft DC 18
It's a +1 shortsword

you can take pot shots at the one swimming way if you want, but it's not going to affect the xp

Steckie
2011-09-10, 09:22 AM
Olvolen

Olvolen motions the skraeling under his spell to come to the side of the ship, hoping he can understand simple gestures.
"Let's not kill this one." He says to the others. "If somebody here knows the skraeling language we can ask him some questions."

giles92
2011-09-10, 09:50 PM
"One of you can have his sword. My baby will only get annoyed If I carry another."

Flinn looks joyfully at the blood covered blade in his hand.

"Olvolen, if your enchanted enemy does manage to communicate, could you please ask him if this is likely to happen again? I don't particularly care why they tried to kill us, but if possible I'd look to be on guard against future attacks. Better safe than decapitated, as they say."

Bhaakon
2011-09-11, 03:32 AM
Olvolen's motioning are obvious enough, and the skraeling is soon aboard. Bromden heads below to rouse the crew, a groggy handful of which filter up onto deck.

...and he was never heard from again.

"More cargo, eh?" The Captain comments as the charmed skraeling hauls himself over the railing. "Even a scrawny wretch like that will fetch a fist full 'o platinum in Anchor's End."

BlueInc
2011-09-11, 08:53 AM
Ossett

The maddening voices of his tribe die down in Ossett's mind, and he presently feels quite exhausted. He stays silent for a while, then walks over to Olvolen.

"Not a few minutes ago you said something... intriguing," he says cautiously. "You said you wanted to start a store? What kind of store?"

Steckie
2011-09-11, 11:14 AM
Olvolen

"Pawn shop. I used to own one back in Westcrown but i got caught up in a war between two rivaling Thieves Guilds. Well, long story short, most of my family got killed and i sold my store to pay for the trip to Anchor's End. I wanted to get away from there as fast as i could.
So now i'm first going to try to make some money, buy a new store and start selling things. And i need to be fast. My sister, the only surviving member of my family, was injured and will follow me to Anchor's End once she's completely healed."

Hearing the captain say that the Skraeling will bring in a few platinum, Olvolen immediatly turns to him and says: "I am NOT starting a slave trading store, and i'm not very fond of slave trading.
But seeing as you're obviously not going to follow my beliefs i'll put it this way: i captured him, and i'll do with him what i want.
Now, is there somebody on this ship that speaks the Skraeling language?"

Bhaakon
2011-09-11, 06:56 PM
"Aye, I can speak with them a bit." responds the captain. "Seeing as yer a business man, I'll speak in terms you can understand: 5 gold fer talking with him, and another 5 if you plan on takin' him with yuh."

Steckie
2011-09-12, 12:55 AM
Olvolen

Olvolen laughs at the captain's demand.
"So what you're saying is that you ask 5 of your passengers to come up here and help guard the ship because the crew was too drunk or tired to do their jobs. We just fought off an attack that would have left you bankrupt if it had succeeded. And what do we get as thanks? You demand money when we want to question a prisoner.
I'm going to have to politely refuse your offer and give you my counteroffer:
Translate what i want to say to him and i wont demand compensation from you for the mercenary work we performed.

Please translate the following questions:
Where did you come from? Why did you attack us? How many of you are there? Are there any more attacks coming our way or are there plans of attacking something?"

Diplomacy roll for the captain: [roll0]

Fallout
2011-09-12, 11:38 AM
Krosk checks his equipment and keeps an eye on the last skraeling. "Just throw him overboard and be done with'em."

Bhaakon
2011-09-13, 08:01 PM
The Captain backs down in the face of Olvolen's arguments, "Aye, I'll translate then."

He confers with the charmed skraeling in an odd tongue full of clicks and sounds that, in your experience, a human mouth doesn't naturally produce, "Says that there were only the twelve of 'em, out on a long hunting trip from a village four day's march to the west. Came after us fer food, said we stole a deer from one of their snares."

giles92
2011-09-19, 05:08 AM
"Wait, we got attacked for stealing a deer? How again did we do that while on a boat that hasn't even docked yet?"

Flinn turned to address the captain. "Does this sort of thing happen often?"

Fallout
2011-09-19, 12:18 PM
Krosk keeps an uninterested look on his face as he begins dumping the dead bodies overboard rather unceremoniously.