PDA

View Full Version : Is Exalted backwards-compatible with 3.5 in the same way Pathfinder is?

enderlord99
2011-08-13, 12:43 AM
I'm asking because I've seen 3.5 homebrew mentioning Exalted mechanics (such as Charms), and I can't figure it out on my own because I don't own any Exalted sourcebooks.

nolispe
2011-08-13, 12:45 AM
No. It's a completely different system. The two both use dice, but that's as close as they get (and different ones at that).

DeadManSleeping
2011-08-13, 12:47 AM
Exalted is not related to Dungeons and Dragons. It is a completely different system, much in the same way that GURPS is (but even more differenter!).

Steward
2011-08-13, 12:50 AM
Actually, Exalted is a separate system from 3.5 and not related in anyway. Furthermore, it is not the same as Dungeons and Dragons. In fact, many gamers speculate that Exalted is a distinct gaming system from 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons and...

Oh, you get it? Okay, then!

Xefas
2011-08-13, 12:58 AM
The confusion you're having is because 3.5 D&D has a sourcebook called "The Book of Exalted Deeds". It has Exalted Magic, Exalted Feats, Exalted Alignment, Exalted Classes, and so on. In this case, it's referring to Good Alignment ++.

There is a separate game system put out by White Wolf called "Exalted".

Both are popular on this forum.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. Godskook is right. I'm just failing at reading comprehension, I guess. :smallredface:

Godskook
2011-08-13, 01:27 AM
The confusion you're having is because 3.5 D&D has a sourcebook called "The Book of Exalted Deeds". It has Exalted Magic, Exalted Feats, Exalted Alignment, Exalted Classes, and so on. In this case, it's referring to Good Alignment ++.

There is a separate game system put out by White Wolf called "Exalted".

Both are popular on this forum.

Actually, he's finding homebrew 3.5 material that's referencing Exalted for something.

hangedman1984
2011-08-13, 01:33 AM
Actually, he's finding homebrew 3.5 material that's referencing Exalted for something.

love to know where he found that, cuz i love the exalted setting, but hate the system

Xefas
2011-08-13, 02:16 AM
love to know where he found that, cuz i love the exalted setting, but hate the system

I did a few Exalted Disciplines for the 3.5 Tome of Battle classes, if you want to take a look.

Infernal Monster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176059) (Infernal Monster Style)
Void Messiah (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186173) (Dark Messiah Style and Hungry Ghost Style)
Malfeasant Heart (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189444) (Malfeas Infernal Charms)

They come with fluff that takes some Exalted fluff and stuffs it into the standard D&D cosmology. You may need to do some further adaptation for use in, say, Eberron.

Hazzardevil
2011-08-13, 02:30 AM
You see, Exalted isn't different from dnd, dnd is different from exalted.

Luckmann
2011-08-13, 05:24 AM
I've tried to skim through the Exalted books several times but every time, the rules just.. augh. :smallconfused:

You see, Exalted isn't different from dnd, dnd is different from exalted.

See, this is why people break your legs. :smallbiggrin:

hangedman1984
2011-08-13, 12:25 PM
I've tried to skim through the Exalted books several times but every time, the rules just.. augh. :smallconfused:

yeah, its pretty well known that the rules are just a mess right now.