PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 +1 Manifester Arrows

kayden87
2011-08-13, 02:02 AM
There is a way to get PP from +1 Items, Is it a feat? or an ability?

Starbuck_II
2011-08-13, 02:15 AM
There is a way to get PP from +1 Items, Is it a feat? or an ability?

Huh? Are you asking what +1 manifester arrows are?
They are +1 arrows with the manifesting ability allowing you to 1/day grab 1 pp to manifest a power (this is with each arrow).

Due to ammo costing 1/50th individually, they are pretty cheap.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 10:05 AM
Ahh so you can just grab an arrow and make it +1 and steal 1pp from it later on?

Greenish
2011-08-13, 10:11 AM
Ahh so you can just grab an arrow and make it +1 and steal 1pp from it later on?No. This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#manifesterWeapon) is the Manifester enhancement. You make them arrows +1 Manifester (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#manifesterWeapon) arrows (so total +2).

Or better yet, don't.

Jeraa
2011-08-13, 10:13 AM
The only Manifester weapon ability I know if is in the Expanded Psionics Handbook. The weapon generates 5 power points per day that the psion can use on a single power. However, since the power points spent to manifest a power can only come from a single source, you can't combine your power points with the Manifester weapons points. You would be limited to spending a total of 5 power points on that power.

Drachasor
2011-08-13, 10:14 AM
No. This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#manifesterWeapon) is the Manifester enhancement. You make them arrows +1 Manifester (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#manifesterWeapon) arrows (so total +2).

Or better yet, don't.

Yeah, putting it on arrows is crazy. Sling Bullets are much easier to handle. Smaller is better.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 10:14 AM
Ahh ok, makes sense now, ty

Greenish
2011-08-13, 10:17 AM
Yeah, putting it on arrows is crazy. Sling Bullets are much easier to handle. Smaller is better.Sling bullets are heavier (25 lb. for 50 bullets, as opposed to 7.5 lb. for 50 arrows for longbow).

Not that it matters, since obviously you make them sized for tiny or smaller creatures to save space.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 10:33 AM
Ahh so you cant use them as a battery?

Cause all the recharges for the psion dont work, ppl dont read the fine print.

Drachasor
2011-08-13, 10:37 AM
Sling bullets are heavier (25 lb. for 50 bullets, as opposed to 7.5 lb. for 50 arrows for longbow).

Not that it matters, since obviously you make them sized for tiny or smaller creatures to save space.

They also then look like little rocks rather than arrows, so it is cooler.

Does it matter? This gives you an extra 250 PP a day! (Assuming you manifest powers on at least 50 separate occasions).

Eldariel
2011-08-13, 11:05 AM

You can't recharge off them. You can use them as an external battery, though; that is, an extra reserve of Power Points. That's all you need.

No, there are functional Power Point recharging loops. Easiest with Spells-to-Powers Erudite of course, though (Mental Pinnacle lol), but there are ones Psions can pull off. Whether a DM should allow them is another matter, of course.

faceroll
2011-08-13, 11:15 AM
With another psionic character in the party that knows bestow power, those manifester arrows can be used to gain 100pp. That's a very straightforward method to circumvent the limitations of manifesting powers from an external source of power points.

Kalaska'Agathas
2011-08-13, 11:24 AM

How do you figure? I'm looking at the MoI recharge, and I'm starting to have my doubts (that said, I had doubts before it was properly explained to me, I'll see if I can find the post in which it was, that might clear it up).

However, the "Bestow Power + Affinity Field" trick definitely works, as do "The Embrace of Mother Earth" and "Garryl's Casual Disconcern" tricks. So I wouldn't say "all the recharges for the psion don't work," because it's not quite true.

Greenish
2011-08-13, 11:29 AM
So I wouldn't say "all the recharges for the psion don't work," because it's not quite true.Well, you only need one recharge trick that doesn't actually work to make the statement "all the recharges for the psion don't work" true. :smallamused:

kayden87
2011-08-13, 11:38 AM
Yeah.the MoI recharge uses midnight aug. But it only reduces augment cost, bot the power price

Kalaska'Agathas
2011-08-13, 11:43 AM
Well, you only need one recharge trick that doesn't actually work to make the statement "all the recharges for the psion don't work" true. :smallamused:

I'm quite confused by your statement, perhaps because I just woke up, but the qualification "all" in "all the recharges for the psion don't work," means that any one that does work invalidates the statement, wouldn't you agree? Therefore what you said is quite false.

Jack_Simth
2011-08-13, 12:00 PM
With another psionic character in the party that knows bestow power, those manifester arrows can be used to gain 100pp. That's a very straightforward method to circumvent the limitations of manifesting powers from an external source of power points.
Bestow Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bestowPower.htm) explicitly forbids the use of anything other than your own power points:
Because of the intimate nature of this power, it cannot be fabricated into a psionic item—only power points generated by a psionic creature in the moment can be shared using bestow power.

Greenish
2011-08-13, 12:08 PM
I'm quite confused by your statement, perhaps because I just woke up, but the qualification "all" in "all the recharges for the psion don't work," means that any one that does work invalidates the statement, wouldn't you agree? Therefore what you said is quite false.I somehow read "All the recharges…" as "All of the recharges…", but those aren't the same, are they? :smallredface:

faceroll
2011-08-13, 12:10 PM
Bestow Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bestowPower.htm) explicitly forbids the use of anything other than your own power points:

Oh, well that's good.

Kalaska'Agathas
2011-08-13, 12:17 PM
I somehow read "All the recharges…" as "All of the recharges…", but those aren't the same, are they? :smallredface:

I read it the same way, but I don't see what difference it makes. If any one recharge works, then it would be false to state that "all the recharges for the psion don't work," just as much as it would be false to say "all of the recharges for the psion don't work," wouldn't you agree?

Redshirt Army
2011-08-13, 12:22 PM
I read it the same way, but I don't see what difference it makes. If any one recharge works, then it would be false to state that "all the recharges for the psion don't work," just as much as it would be false to say "all of the recharges for the psion don't work," wouldn't you agree?

"All the recharges for the Psion don't work." can be read two different ways:

-No recharge trick for the Psion works. <-- Proper reading.

OR

-Not every recharge trick for the Psion works.

"All of the recharges for the Psion don't work" can only be read the first way.

The second statement is true, the first one is false, hence the confusion.

EDIT:

Does this 1/50th price also apply to enhancement bonuses and such on ammunition?

I'm 90% sure it does, lemme find a quote.

Morph Bark
2011-08-13, 12:24 PM
Due to ammo costing 1/50th individually, they are pretty cheap.

Does this 1/50th price also apply to enhancement bonuses and such on ammunition?

Greenish
2011-08-13, 12:25 PM
I read it the same way, but I don't see what difference it makes.Well, "all of the recharges for the psion don't work, but some do" is not a self-contradictory statement, is it?

"All of the recharges for the psion don't work" just means that all of the recharges for the psion don't work.

[Edit]:
Does this 1/50th price also apply to enhancement bonuses and such on ammunition?Of course.

Morph Bark
2011-08-13, 12:32 PM
In that case, since shuriken count as throwing weapons, you can apply the returning enhancement on it. Would a shuriken with that enhancement return after hitting? :smallamused:

If so, I'm going to love playing a Psychic Rogue with +1 returning manifester shuriken.

Greenish
2011-08-13, 12:38 PM
In that case, since shuriken count as throwing weapons, you can apply the returning enhancement on it. Would a shuriken with that enhancement return after hitting?It would, if it missed the target and didn't get broken.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-08-13, 12:58 PM
In that case, since shuriken count as throwing weapons, you can apply the returning enhancement on it. Would a shuriken with that enhancement return after hitting? :smallamused:

If so, I'm going to love playing a Psychic Rogue with +1 returning manifester shuriken.

I think the teleporting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm) ability works better for this. I mean if your already being all psionic, might as well have the psionic version of returning.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 01:07 PM
no one.saw my post on moi.recharge? Midnight aug doesnt reduce.base price, only.the augmented price. So how.can MOI rechaege work

Sorry about dots, on phone for this

Drachasor
2011-08-13, 01:33 PM
Well, "all of the recharges for the psion don't work, but some do" is not a self-contradictory statement, is it?

"All of the recharges for the psion don't work" just means that all of the recharges for the psion don't work.

It's actually one of the many ambiguities of the English language. It could mean that no recharge mechanic exists which works or that there exists at least one recharge mechanic that doesn't work.

Greenish
2011-08-13, 01:41 PM
It's actually one of the many ambiguities of the English language.What, ambiguities in a language? How can this be? :smallamused:

Flickerdart
2011-08-13, 01:46 PM
no one.saw my post on moi.recharge? Midnight aug doesnt reduce.base price, only.the augmented price. So how.can MOI rechaege work

I posted in the other thread you made about this. Quite simple - if you have an augment reducer, and you have an augmentable power, the obvious solution is to augment that power.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 01:55 PM
I posted in the other thread you made about this. Quite simple - if you have an augment reducer, and you have an augmentable power, the obvious solution is to augment that power.

Yes sorry forgot that you did, my mind is else were im at work. Ima dork.
so MoI recharge works, but you need two essentia not one. KA might be a nother thing you need to change.XD

People say incarnum infusion and azure tallent works but it doesnt since you can only do it ONCE per 24 hours

Flickerdart
2011-08-13, 01:57 PM
People say incarnum infusion and azure tallent works but it doesnt since you can only do it ONCE per 24 hours
That's using its native investing mechanism. Psycarnum Infusion doesn't actually invest essentia - it only treats the feat as having essentia fully invested.

kayden87
2011-08-13, 02:03 PM
Of yourr max pool though right? So a pool of 2-E will give 4pp every 24hrs if you choose to do so?

Drachasor
2011-08-13, 02:11 PM
What, ambiguities in a language? How can this be? :smallamused:

Just English. All other languages are perfectly logical and consistent. :smallcool:

Flickerdart
2011-08-13, 02:14 PM
Of yourr max pool though right? So a pool of 2-E will give 4pp every 24hrs if you choose to do so?
No. Psycarnum Infusion works every time you expend your psionic focus. It has nothing to do with your max pool. In fact, you could have no essentia whatsoever (somehow) and you would still be able to use it.

Worira
2011-08-13, 04:46 PM
Well, "all of the recharges for the psion don't work, but some do" is not a self-contradictory statement, is it?

It's actually one of the many ambiguities of the English language. It could mean that no recharge mechanic exists which works or that there exists at least one recharge mechanic that doesn't work.

Not actually ambiguous. "All of the recharges for the psion don't work, but some do" is in fact self-contradictory statement. If you want to express the concept that some of the recharges work and some don't, you would need to phrase it "Not all of the recharges for the psion work, but some do". "All of the recharges for the psion don't work" can only grammatically mean that none of the recharges work.

Jack_Simth
2011-08-13, 06:43 PM

You use enough essentia (or use Psycharnum infusion and Psicrystal Containment) to reduce the augment price to the point where two or three augments gets you above break-even.