PDA

View Full Version : New DM, New Players

BiblioRook
2011-08-13, 04:32 AM
I'm pretty experienced with D&D as a whole, but I've never ran a game before. I have a few cousins that never really played before but are slowly gaining interest in D&D and I would like to put something together for them before the summer is over (one is about to start college) both for them to experience it and as alittle bit of practice for myself for possible future DM endeavors.

So I was wondering if there were any advice or suggestions.
With something of a timeline and my own lack of experience, I doubt I really can put together a game on my own from scratch at this time so I probably should look into some little premade campaigns and wondered if anyone knows any that would be particularly good for ether case (new to D&D/new to DMing).

NNescio
2011-08-13, 04:41 AM
I'm pretty experienced with D&D as a whole, but I've never ran a game before. I have a few cousins that never really played before but are slowly gaining interest in D&D and I would like to put something together for them before the summer is over (one is about to start college) both for them to experience it and as alittle bit of practice for myself for possible future DM endeavors.

So I was wondering if there were any advice or suggestions.
With something of a timeline and my own lack of experience, I doubt I really can put together a game on my own from scratch at this time so I probably should look into some little premade campaigns and wondered if anyone knows any that would be particularly good for ether case (new to D&D/new to DMing).

What books do you have?

BiblioRook
2011-08-13, 04:45 AM
I have access to most all books and what I don't have I could probably get a hold of pretty easily. I would like to keep this fairly simple though for my cousins sake as I think they would find having to shuffle through multiple books rather daunting. From the DM angle though my resources are pretty open.

NNescio
2011-08-13, 04:50 AM
I have access to most all books and what I don't have I could probably get a hold of pretty easily. I would like to keep this fairly simple though for my cousins sake as I think they would find having to shuffle through multiple books rather daunting. From the DM angle though my resources are pretty open.

To be specific, do you have any of the campaign setting splats (e.g. FRCS, ECS) or premade adventure modules of any sort?

Here's one that you can get for free. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20050329a)

BiblioRook
2011-08-13, 05:09 AM
I have the campaign settings, but actual adventures are something I'm short of. I have managed to find a few free ones (including the one you posted), but like I asked I was wondering if there were certain adventures that would be recommended as I don't really know which would probably make for a better experience for them.

LansXero
2011-08-13, 08:11 AM
http://www.greenronin.com/store/product/grr1002e.html

I really really liked that one and, like you, we started out with both a brand-new DM and brand-new players :D