Deadlykire
2011-08-13, 08:51 AM
Tycho looks for a stick to use as a club and swings it at the barbarian

[roll0]
[roll1]Crit Confirm
[roll2]

TheDivineWind
2011-08-13, 10:14 AM
Humbumble's eyes slowly focused as he pushes himself up into a sitting position. His mouth tasted like whatever happened to the potion he was in the middle of ruining. He was never good at potions. Seconds later, a massive tank of a man came barreling around the corner.

"ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

"AIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Humbumble responded. He pushes himself back up and, after wobbling for a moment, steadies himself and begins to time his attack. Waving his fingers in the air, a number of amorphous colors begin to shape in front of him and, at the motion of his fingers, weave themselves together and rocket outwards to wash over the target.

Humbumble holds his initiative until the barbarian is in range and then flings a color spray at him. Ideally doing his best not to hit anyone else... but he doesn't seem to know them, so if he does, it's better than getting clobbered.

Burnheart
2011-08-13, 04:52 PM
Spinning around with a snarl Bran shifts into the form of a Black Wolf with fierce Blue eyes before charging at the wildman.

Swift action to take predator form, then charge the enemy.

Attack [roll1d20+5[/roll]
Damage [roll0]
Damnit :smallmad: I'll re-roll in the OOC.

Moranica
2011-08-13, 05:19 PM
The human factotum manages to cut a deep gash in the barbarians thigh, after charging the full 60 ft. The black wolf follows close after him, but misses.

Acanous
2011-08-13, 10:11 PM
Nathan looks at the angry man, and the group around him, and decides to..

1: spend his move action to look for an improvised weapon (Stick or rock works)
and
2: spend his standard to activate Detect Evil.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 04:49 AM
The barbarian doesn't appear to be evil.

The barbarian swings it's longsword in a furious motion. Aiming to decapitate the one who hurt him. [roll0]; [roll1]

Initiative blocks
1. Everyone
2. Barbarian

Burnheart
2011-08-14, 07:13 AM
The wolf-Bran lunges at the wildman with a growl.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Deadlykire
2011-08-14, 10:22 AM
"Aye Lass that'll do," Tycho says as he swings his club again. This time he grabs it in both hand intending to hit even harder.

[roll0]
[roll1]crit confirm
[roll2]
[roll3]crit damage

Acanous
2011-08-14, 10:32 AM
If Nathan found a weapon, he charges the Barbarian and power attacks, attempting to Sunder the Barbarian's weapon.
[roll0]
crit confirm
[roll1]
Damage (I am assuming a club)
[roll2]
crit damage
[roll3]

If Nathan did NOT find a weapon, he will attempt to flank the Barbarian.

TheDivineWind
2011-08-14, 12:41 PM
Humbumble stops holding his action and he will keep his distance, and cast Silent Image, creating the illusion of a wall rapidly building around the barbarian and enclosing him in stone.

I figure that if the barbarian fails his save, he will think he is trapped, and maybe we can talk him down. Barring a peaceful resolution, anyone who saves against the DC can see through it and attack as normal. Those who don't will be able to attack through it, but the target will have 50% concealment. After a single round of attacks, I figure the barbarian will get a second save to figure out this is an illusion (maybe with a bonus to save DC?) and be able to react. Not sure how it will work out, but that's my hope!

DC for the spell is 16 against a Will save.

If the barbarian does believe himself to be trapped, I want to attempt to talk him down, convincing him that he surprised us and that we mean him no harm, and that we would talk with him if he calms down, stating that his alternative is to live in that stone cage that has highly deadly poisoned walls for the rest of his life. Hopefully he wont bang up against them at all and see through the illusion. (not sure how the DM will rule on illusions. They always seems a bit vague in how they are interacted with.

[roll0] will save
And failed. Since I'm in melee do I think I'm trapped with him or what?

Sorry, no. You and all the rest of us are on the outside of the wall. Only the barbarian is on the inside. I'm not certain how people interpret the rules, but in my mind a failed will save could keep a person who was pushing on the wall to only think they are meeting resistance until something otherwise suggests that the wall isn't real (a blow coming through it for instance). I defer to the DM though. I don't exactly have many options this low a level.

Deadlykire
2011-08-14, 12:48 PM
[roll0] will save
And failed. Since I'm in melee do I think I'm trapped with him or what?

Burnheart
2011-08-14, 01:25 PM
Wolf-Bran howls and claws at the wall that has suddenly seperated him from his prey.
Will [roll0]

Acanous
2011-08-14, 01:30 PM
Will Save:
[roll0]

If the Barbarian is the only one that beats this save I swear XP

Moranica
2011-08-14, 03:35 PM
Will save [roll0]

Shame really.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 03:38 PM
And for his actions, he swings at the wall! Another will [roll0]

He is pretty sure, some bricks were coming loose.

Initiative blocks
1. Everyone
2. Barbarian

Deadlykire
2011-08-14, 03:43 PM
"You'd best explain yourself quick lad before this stick of mine comes for you too." Tycho is clearly upset. He is not sure if why the barbarian was being protected.

Ready action to attack the wizard or barbarian. Barbarian if he gets loose. Wizard if he doesn't justify himself.

Moranica
2011-08-14, 03:44 PM
WHAAAHAHAAARGG!!!!

Burnheart
2011-08-14, 04:06 PM
Wolf-Bran paces around the wall looking for an opening, growling and snapping at anyone he passes.

TheDivineWind
2011-08-14, 05:40 PM
Humbumble approches his spell, focusing most of his attention on it, a palm open towards the illusion. He waves away the others' worries with his free hand.

"Good barbarian, calm your rage! We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Perhaps we can start over. These kind folks may be able to tend to your wounds, and we could figure out what has happened here? Last I remember I was in the Wizard's school, brewing potions, and now I'm out here, surrounded by chaos!

Acanous
2011-08-15, 02:41 AM
Nathan steps back a good 10 feet, and goes total defensive. He then begins making a diplomacy check, it'll take 10 rounds by RAW :p

"Let's all calm down and take stock of what's going on. I'm Nathan, a Paladin, and nobody around here is evil, so we're propably all just as confused and prone to rash action."

Moranica
2011-08-15, 08:19 AM
WHHAAARGG!!!

It seems like the barbarian hasn't calmed down in the last 6 seconds. You're pretty sure he's still raging.

He strikes the wall again, attempting to break it down.

Will [roll0]

This time he seems to look through the walls and he look angrily at you.

Initiative blocks
1. Everyone
2. Barbarian

Burnheart
2011-08-15, 09:11 AM
Wolf-Bran tired of paceing leaps on the barbarian trying to rip out his throat.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

TheDivineWind
2011-08-15, 10:42 AM
"Ohhh bugger all.."

Humbumble starts wiggling his fingers in the air, murmering words of power as colors begin to manifest before him. At the motion of his fingers, they begin to weave themselves together and shoot towards the barbarian, washing over him and anyone who got too close once the wall went down.

I'm 10 feet away, so grid layout says the spell hits the block in front of me, the blocks to the side of the barbarian and the one he is on, and a mess of them one block behind him. I think that just hits the wolf and the barbarian.

-edit-
OOC: By the way, this ends the illusion, no more miss chance if you can't see through it. The spell required my concentration to persist, which is gone now.

Deadlykire
2011-08-15, 11:09 AM
As the barbarian escapes and a wave of color washes out from the caster Tycho acts. He swings at the barbarian as it passes by him on the way to the caster. He then approaches the man threatening the caster and swings again.

The Barbarian getting loose should trigger my readied action:
[roll0]
[roll1] Crit Confrim
[roll2]
[roll3] Crit Damage

Attack on my Turn:
[roll4]
[roll5] Crit Confrim
[roll6]
[roll7] Crit Damage

AoO if I'm given for the Barbarian moving through my threatened square
[roll8]
[roll9] Crit Confrim
[roll10]
[roll11] Crit Damage

TheDivineWind
2011-08-15, 11:17 AM
You might consider an alternative action. If he fails his save, he is unconscious for 2-5 rounds. I highly suggest knocking him unconscious in the long-term, or coup-de-grace (though I don't think the pally can do that).

Acanous
2011-08-16, 12:11 AM
(Holding action for result of barbarian save VS colour spray. Being knocked unconsious is a very visable thing.)
Edit- With the barbarian out, I very much search him!

...and perform a heal check to be courteous.

Moranica
2011-08-16, 02:08 AM
The barbarian is hit by the spray of colors, causing him to zoom out for an instant. That instant was all he had as Tycho comes bearing down on him. Killing him with the first blow.

The clearing you are in is over 500 feet in diameter and surrounded on all sides by thick decideous forest. The only landmarks would be the blackened patches were you appeared, close to the side of the clearing.

If you search him, he has crudely fashioned leather armor, a longsword which is of good quality, but poorly kept and a sack on his back. In the sack you find 10 pieces (that would translate to 10 gp) worth of dried meat, nuts and roots (preservable food), some strings used for trapping, a flask of water and some flint.

600 xp for each!

To the IC thread!

Moranica
2011-11-07, 04:03 PM
Tycho [roll0]
Bran [roll1]
Nathan [roll2]
Humbumble [roll3]

Snake [roll4]

Initiative blocks
1. Humbumble
2. Snake
3. Rest

As soon as you spot the snake, you realise it has spotted you as well. It's 20 ft away from the two spotters, and 70 from the rest/camp.

TheDivineWind
2011-11-07, 07:54 PM
Humbumble mutters "There it is" to Bran, as if it wasn't already evident, and holds his action, waiting for Bran to attempt to communicate with it.

Humbumble readies himself to cast Color Spray (standard action) at the snake if it moves within 15 feet, and then immediately retreat immediately back towards camp (move action, 30')

Burnheart
2011-11-08, 09:58 AM
"Greetings neighbor, what brings you to us?" Bran asks the snake after Humbumble points it out to him.

Deadlykire
2011-11-09, 08:03 AM
Tycho moves up into position behind Brann. 65' move if I can, otherwise full 40' move in that direction. Keep my eyes open for more snakes.

Moranica
2011-11-09, 08:27 AM
Whao, snake is after humbumble. (can only ready a standard action, not standard and move)

While snakes don't have many facial features, the flicking tongue and determined movement clearly indicate it is hunting. It quickly makes a dash for Humbumble, when it almost reaches is, it is blasted with colors.

Will save [roll0] pls post DC when you cast a spell

Unfazed, the snake strikes at it's victim (Humbumble), but misses.

Bite [roll1]
Grapple if it hits [roll2]

Initiative blocks
3. Rest
1. Humbumble
2. Snake

Go ahead and make a new post if you posted too early.

TheDivineWind
2011-11-09, 02:11 PM
Humbumble swears in Draconan, backs up another 15 feet and repeats the words of power, weaving his arms in the air. Colors are conjoured up between his fingers and weave themselves together, then launch out towards the snake.

Sorry about the lack of a DC last time! DC = 16

Deadlykire
2011-11-09, 11:19 PM
Tycho moves up into position. He moves as far as he can staying just outside of 5' away from the beast.

Burnheart
2011-11-10, 08:23 AM
Bran moves next to humbumble "It looks like this snakes doesn't want to talk to us" he says with a shrug before shifting into his wolf form and preparing for a fight.

Ready action to attack the snake when it comes into range

attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Moranica
2011-11-10, 05:01 PM
Will save [roll0]

The snake is unconscious.

Burnheart
2011-11-10, 05:20 PM
Seeing the snake get knocked out by humbumble's spell wolf-bran darts forward to snap it with his jaw.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Deadlykire
2011-11-10, 07:06 PM
Coup de' grace. What do I need to roll?

Deadlykire
2011-11-11, 08:53 AM
[roll0] Damage
[roll1] Crit

Fort save of 13 needed I think (should be equal to the damage dealt).

Tycho brings his club down solidly on the beast. He misses the beasts head outright, but it still lands with a mighty thud.

Moranica
2011-11-12, 05:26 PM
The wolf tears at the snake, but it's Tycho who finishes it with a massive blow to it's head.

300 xp each.

And 15 gp worth of food, and 4 gp worth of snakeleather.

DC 10 survival
You can tell it's not a venemous snake, but a kind of constrictor.

Back to IC!

Acanous
2011-11-13, 09:16 AM
Blarg. Missed it by that much >.<