PDA

View Full Version : Ares (Hercules the Legendary Journey) v.s Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

ArlEammon
2011-08-13, 01:36 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6425/aresk.jpg
By iamnew (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/iamnew) at 2011-08-13

Ares

v.s

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9414/raiden311.png
By iamnew (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/iamnew) at 2010-08-11

Raiden

Ares is sent, mysteriously into another dimension as punishment for his evil deeds. He searches Earth and notices the existence of Raiden and the other Kombatants. Shortly after Ares gets involved somehow in Earthrealm's business, he decides to ally with Shao Kahn, and as a result, he attacks Raiden. Who wins, Raiden, the Thunder god, or Ares, God of War?

HFool
2011-08-13, 02:11 PM
Ares for sure. I mean, look at that beard!

ArlEammon
2011-08-13, 02:12 PM
Eh, Raiden has better hair.

Velaryon
2011-08-13, 03:34 PM
Didn't Hercules defeat Ares like all the time? Surely Raiden can put him away without too much trouble.

ArlEammon
2011-08-13, 03:36 PM
Didn't Hercules defeat Ares like all the time? Surely Raiden can put him away without too much trouble.

Well, that's true. But all it took was two Sorcerers to defeat Raiden. And he wasn't even in Mortal Kombat.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-13, 03:52 PM
My money's on Captain Kirk's daddy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28film%29).:smallbiggrin:

Traab
2011-08-13, 05:03 PM
Ares never really did much. I mean, as far as I recall, he basically provoked fights, then got his arse kicked by hercules. Raiden actually used his powers, and knew how to kick ass. But, as was said before, he got schooled by a sorc. I say thor comes along and squashes them both at once.

Cheesegear
2011-08-13, 09:48 PM
My money's on Captain Kirk's daddy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28film%29).:smallbiggrin:

Have you gotten mixed up between Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth? ...I think you have.

NikitaDarkstar
2011-08-13, 09:55 PM
I don't know much about Raiden I admit (only played mortal kombat on the amiga.) but lets face it, Ares is an effin wuss. He provokes fights, sends his underlings to do the dirty work, then proceeds to get his ass kicked. Heck even if mythology he got seriously injured by a mortal archer.... and at one point pissed Hades of to the point of ending up spending some time in Tartarus.

Yhea Raiden kicks his butt. :p

Traab
2011-08-13, 10:15 PM
I don't know much about Raiden I admit (only played mortal kombat on the amiga.) but lets face it, Ares is an effin wuss. He provokes fights, sends his underlings to do the dirty work, then proceeds to get his ass kicked. Heck even if mythology he got seriously injured by a mortal archer.... and at one point pissed Hades of to the point of ending up spending some time in Tartarus.

Yhea Raiden kicks his butt. :p

Too be fair, raiden got his butt kicked by a sorcerer, and had his godhood stripped from him in the second film. He really doesnt kick much ass for a god. He is fighting against basically mortals with specific powers in the games. Think bloodline ninja from naruto. Nothing all that godly about him overall.

NikitaDarkstar
2011-08-13, 10:20 PM
Too be fair, raiden got his butt kicked by a sorcerer, and had his godhood stripped from him in the second film. He really doesnt kick much ass for a god. He is fighting against basically mortals with specific powers in the games. Think bloodline ninja from naruto. Nothing all that godly about him overall.

A sorceror is still more powerful than an archer (sorry, but since Hercules is based on the original myths, albeit very, very loosely I think it's fair to assume it has or will happen at some point even if off screen.). And Ares main adversary is practically a mortal who's just really, really strong. But as I said, I've only played the original game so I can only go on vague memories from that game and general assumptions.

Also when Ares does get into combat he tends to use something that looks a lot like lightning... wouldn't a lightning god logically be immune to something like that?

Cheesegear
2011-08-14, 12:50 AM
Too be fair, raiden got his butt kicked by a sorcerer, and had his godhood stripped from him in the second film.

Depends how far we're going into the continuity. In Xena - which is ostensibly the same 'verse as Hercules - Ares loses his Godhood as well, and is a serious wuss as a mortal. He ends up making one friend - a dog. And that makes him alright by me. :smallwink:

Vilyathas
2011-08-14, 10:25 PM
Well, Ares is kinda a wuss all 'round, despite holding the badass title of God of War. Let's see:

1. Hercules the Legendary Journey. Villain, got pounded on by Herc on a regular basis.

2. Marvel Comics. Again, got pounded on by little brother Hercules and Thor once in a while. Then joined the Dark Avengers and got offed by Sentry/Void.

3. Mythology. In the Trojan War, got a sword stuck into his belly by Diomedes and runs back to Zeus crying foul and sulking throughout the rest of the war. And Diomedes is a relatively youngish warrior who is the 2nd or 3rd best warrior among the Greeks after Achilles himself, and he didn't have the benefit of being a half-god.

4. Again, mythology. Had an affair with Aphrodite behind her husband's, Hephaestus, back. And they got caught in the act by a magical, unescapable net, of all things.

Yes, being a God of War means getting a license to get pounded on by whoever gets to be cool this time around.

Have you gotten mixed up between Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth? ...I think you have.

Ok, between Chris Evans as Captain America and Chris Hemsworth as Thor, someone come up with another Chris good enough to play Tony Stark :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2011-08-14, 11:01 PM

Nonono. Christopher Pine played Kirk himself. Chris Hemsworth played George Kirk, Kirk's dad.

Cheesegear
2011-08-16, 03:45 AM
Nonono. Christopher Pine played Kirk himself. Chris Hemsworth played George Kirk, Kirk's dad.

For reals? ...Oh, hey...What do you know?

It's weird seeing people from Neighbours and Home & Away actually go places.