PDA

View Full Version : Creating A Spell

zoobob9
2011-08-14, 01:31 PM
In all the campaigns I've been in, nobody has ever used the option to create their own spell. We all know how to, we just don't. Were there ever any amazing experiences with creating spells you guys are willing to share?

0nimaru
2011-08-14, 01:38 PM
I don't have any good experiences with creating fully homebrewed spells, but I have had people that use the "research a spell" option to gain access to exotic spells the DM did not immediately allow them to take. In this way the character is creating a new spell, even if the player isn't.

ericgrau
2011-08-14, 02:10 PM
I had a half-troll who went from full health to one-shotted by an exploding pineapple. He quickly developed a phobia of tropical fruit. Then he got the spell protection from weaponized horticulture based on protection form energy; same level, works against unnaturally (even druid magic) altered plant-based weaponry.

HalfDragonCube
2011-08-14, 02:17 PM
I had a half-troll who went from full health to one-shotted by an exploding pineapple. He quickly developed a phobia of tropical fruit. Then he got the spell protection from weaponized horticulture based on protection form energy; same level, works against unnaturally (even druid magic) altered plant-based weaponry.

Please tell me you kept the stats for an exploding pineapple. :smallwink:

Blisstake
2011-08-14, 02:21 PM
One of my characters made a spell. He named it "Saygen's Temporal Anchor." It's a fifth level spell that basically works like dimensonal anchor, but also counters time-altering effects such as haste, slow, time stop, temporal stasis, sequester, and other similar abilities from working on the target.

Tvtyrant
2011-08-14, 02:59 PM
A friend had a 9th level spell he made called "air to lava" that was used to turn a 10 spaced cubed brick of air into lava. It did a lot of damage, but since everything is immune to fire he ended up using it up in the sky and letting it fall on them for fall damage instead.