PDA

View Full Version : natural invisibility as invisible stalker

dhusarra
2011-08-14, 04:33 PM
ok, can a player character receives natural invisibility permanent spell?if so can it be dispelled from failing the saving throw?

p.s:natural invisibility means ->permanent improved invisibility

Xtomjames
2011-08-15, 08:56 AM
Er...well first off natural invisibility isn't a spell, even if it functions like improved invisibility. Natural invisibility can't be seen through with true seeing or see invisibility, it's not a magical effect or supernatural effect, so it's not affected by anti-magic field, dispel, or spells that remove invisibility. Thus the answer is no, a character can't receive it as a permanent spell. A player could take a racial class that grants it like, Invisible Stalker or the Quickling, if they want to have the ability.

drakir_nosslin
2011-08-15, 12:00 PM
Er...well first off natural invisibility isn't a spell, even if it functions like improved invisibility. Natural invisibility can't be seen through with true seeing or see invisibility, it's not a magical effect or supernatural effect, so it's not affected by anti-magic field, dispel, or spells that remove invisibility. Thus the answer is no, a character can't receive it as a permanent spell. A player could take a racial class that grants it like, Invisible Stalker or the Quickling, if they want to have the ability.

Actually the Invisible Stalker's Natural Invisibility is a SU ability, meaning that it is affected by anti-magic fields. The Invisible Stalker can also be seen with See Invisibility or True Seeing.
I'm not sure how a dispel works against SU abilities, I think that it suppresses them for a while, but I guess that someone more knowledgable will come along and explain that.

Psyren
2011-08-15, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure how a dispel works against SU abilities, I think that it suppresses them for a while, but I guess that someone more knowledgable will come along and explain that.

Supernatural abilities cannot be dispelled. Here is the table (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm) for future reference.

ToM has an expanded version that expands on/supersedes this one as well (though it didn't actually contradict any of it.)

This is one of the most useful aspects of supernatural abilities, because it means that it doesn't matter how low your caster level is with them (at least for dispel/SR purposes.)