PDA

View Full Version : Giantbane climb aboard questions

Aerlock
2011-08-14, 07:45 PM
What can you do once you've climbed aboard? Are there any checks required to stay aboard?

- Aerlock

Greenish
2011-08-14, 08:01 PM
What can you do once you've climbed aboard?Stab the bugger 'till it drops dead, then make a victory pose on top of it's huge corpse.

Are there any checks required to stay aboard?Only if it tries to shake you off, which is enemy's grapple vs. your climb.

Aerlock
2011-08-14, 09:24 PM
Stab the bugger 'till it drops dead, then make a victory pose on top of it's huge corpse.
That's the plan. Would I be doing single attacks or would I get my full iterative attacks?

Only if it tries to shake you off, which is enemy's grapple vs. your climb.
Would that be a grapple check or just an opposed check?

- Aerlock

Greenish
2011-08-14, 11:10 PM
That's the plan. Would I be doing single attacks or would I get my full iterative attacks?Single attacks as standard actions or AoO, full attacks as a full round action, business as usual. It doesn't use mounted combat rules, so you can full attack even if the poor giant moves.

Would that be a grapple check or just an opposed check?Enemy rolls grapple. You roll climb. Higher result wins. Business as usual.

Aerlock
2011-08-15, 06:00 AM
Single attacks as standard actions or AoO, full attacks as a full round action, business as usual. It doesn't use mounted combat rules, so you can full attack even if the poor giant moves.

That's awesome! I was afraid it would count as mounted combat. Any penalties or difficulties with ranged combat while I'm on board?

Enemy rolls grapple. You roll climb. Higher result wins. Business as usual.

So just an opposed check, not a grapple? I'm asking because I have the armor crystal from MIC that gives a +10 to my rolls when a grapple is initiated by my opponent and want to know if it would work in this case. Sounds like not.

Thanks for the assistance Greenish!

- Aerlock