PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Charecter creation help thread

blackjack217
2011-08-15, 05:03 PM
So I need help creating a character for Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals an ongoing pbp game. I'm currently leaning towards an inspiring leader build with leadership. (yes I know Thrall herd is better, but its banned :smallfrown: ) Secondary option is warlock w/leadership.
Rolls
(4d6b3)[11]
(4d6b3)[15]
(4d6b3)[14]
(4d6b3)[10]
(4d6b3)[11]
(4d6b3)[12]
or 28 point buy
6th level (I know I'll need to take inspiring leader next level)
combination of 2 flaws or traits.
recrutment thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205374&page=23)

Xtomjames
2011-08-15, 05:48 PM
Warlock is alright, but I'd suggest being either a Swordsage or possibly a Sohei Monk. Other options that are more versatile would be the Favored Soul, Urban Ranger (focused on archery), or a plain old Bard. Truenamer could also very versatile in this sort of role, especially if you take the Spellfire Wielder feat and then the leadership feats.

blackjack217
2011-08-15, 06:00 PM
Warlock is alright, but I'd suggest being either a Swordsage or possibly a Sohei Monk. Other options that are more versatile would be the Favored Soul, Urban Ranger (focused on archery), or a plain old Bard. Truenamer could also very versatile in this sort of role, especially if you take the Spellfire Wielder feat and then the leadership feats.

I forgot to mention, ToB classes and prestige classes are banned, not the feats though. Also Truenamer? :smallconfused: Also I plan on taking extra followers for more craziness.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-15, 06:06 PM
Avoid truenamer like the plague. The best you can squeeze out of it is tier 4, and most of the time it's tier 6.

Vandicus
2011-08-15, 06:08 PM
What do you have access to?

Paladin 2(or 4 for turn undead), Hexblade 3, Bard X, Battledancer 1, Arcane Duelist 2 all give great cha synergy. Bard can give access to Snowflake Wardance for CHA to attack, Paladin's turn undead allows qualifying for Divine Might for CHA to damage, Battledancer 1 gives cha as an insight bonus, Arcane Duelist 2 gives CHA as an additional untyped AC bonus, Paladin 2 gives Divine Grace fo cha to saves, and Hexblade 3 gives Arcane Resistance for cha to saves vs spells and Mettle, the equivalent of evasion for will and fort saves.

*EDIT

Also, you want to point buy rather than keep those rolls.

blackjack217
2011-08-15, 07:44 PM
That's a bit more dipping than I would like, I'll take warlock 6 with the slow feat... and fell flight and leadership. Wish diplomacy was a class skill though edit: remembered apprentice, now I need another flaw though...

Greenish
2011-08-15, 07:57 PM
Wish diplomacy was a class skill though...Martial Study (any White Raven) can get you diplomacy as a class skill on any class.

Vandicus
2011-08-15, 08:15 PM
That's a bit more dipping than I would like, I'll take warlock 6 with the slow feat... and fell flight and leadership. Wish diplomacy was a class skill though edit: remembered apprentice, now I need another flaw though...

That is just a list of possible dips for great cha synergy with leadership. If you've decided to go warlock, I'd actually avoid most of those unless you feel you have low saves or you find yourself targetted a lot in combat. Paladin 2 is the obvious course for saves, and Arcane Duelist 2/Battledancer 1 will net you cha not once but twice to AC.

We've established you've got access to ToB feats, but what other books are you allowed to use? Hellfire Warlock with access to the Strongheart Vest from Magic of Incarnum is one of the more popular builds.

Greenish
2011-08-15, 08:22 PM
Hellfire Warlock with access to the Strongheart Vest from Magic of Incarnum is one of the more popular builds.That or ToM's binder dip.

Though speaking of binders, they're quite fun on their own, and use Cha for some of their class features. I recommend giving it a glance.

blackjack217
2011-08-15, 09:11 PM
Martial Study (any White Raven) can get you diplomacy as a class skill on any class.

hmm... tough one, the sooner you get Diplomancy as a class skill the better but the later you take Martial study the better goodies you get. Thoughts on this vs apprentice feat? (I'm already using leadership so more possible shenanigans here). I'm thinking Beguiling influence, See the unseen and one more least. Fell flight then invis and flee the seen for lesser. Devil's whispers then I sort of run out of ideas. I plan a social heavy manipulative bastard who is extremely difficult to kill, and is chaotic good because playing a chaotic good manipulative bastard is awesome
So I guess I'm asking for gear and feat help, Standard WBL I think.