PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cook and the Book of Eldritch Might II

Rogue Shadows
2011-08-15, 11:05 PM
Now, I have heard Monte Cook referred to as a "bad idea factory." On the other hand, I'm not familiar with his work at all, so this might just be one guy's opinion that I heard once at a con or something.

My local gaming store has a used copy of the Book of Eldritch Might II for $1.99 (USD). Looking it over, Monte Cook's alternate sorcerer and bard both look interesting, but I'm not the best at judging whether or not they're good. Mostly the bard.

So. I have only one question. Is it worth it to buy it?

(Also, I know that it's 3.0 and not 3.5 edition)

Rising Phoenix
2011-08-15, 11:17 PM
Now, I have heard Monte Cook referred to as a "bad idea factory." On the other hand, I'm not familiar with his work at all, so this might just be one guy's opinion that I heard once at a con or something.

My local gaming store has a used copy of the Book of Eldritch Might II for $1.99 (USD). Looking it over, Monte Cook's alternate sorcerer and bard both look interesting, but I'm not the best at judging whether or not they're good. Mostly the bard.

So. I have only one question. Is it worth it to buy it?

(Also, I know that it's 3.0 and not 3.5 edition)

For $2? Why don't you just buy it and have a proper read it of yourself?

In my experience Monte Cook may not be that stable mechanic wise but his campaign settings and ideas are oozing with flavor.

Rogue Shadows
2011-08-15, 11:27 PM
For $2? Why don't you just buy it and have a proper read it of yourself?

I don't make a lot of money, and it's kind of a hike to my "local" gaming store. I saw it but didn't buy it today; I'm debating if it's worthwhile to get down there again and buy it.

In my experience Monte Cook may not be that stable mechanic wise but his campaign settings and ideas are oozing with flavor.

Well, that's kind of the problem, I want the book for the mechanics.